Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:54:34 AM

Best of luck DYNA,

I really hope the NASDAQ talk will have a video posted online, what a huge opportunity to be able to talk at NASDAQ! Alan has many years of experience with these types of things so its no wonder they chose him to speak on behalf of DNotes and the rest of the crypto industry.

I personally see no long-term alternative but for Greece to leave the Euro-zone. Currently their export industries are taking a beating, and Greece's local currency is far higher in value than where a floating national currency would sit. Having their own currency would allow their currency to devalue. The main problem I can see with them leaving the Euro though, is that the general public are not stupid. There will be massive bank runs the moment Greece announces that they will adopt a new local currency. People will have little faith that the new currency will hold much value, and they also know that the Greek government would hope this new currency would be worth much less than the Euro currently is to help exports / balance of trade deficits (1.5 billion monthly). Greek citizens would simply empty their Greek bank accounts, and send the money to another Euro bank based in another country to protect the value of their bank deposits until the new currency is implemented and its value settled. If everybody does this... then Greece simply won't leave the Euro.

Enter Digital Currency / DNotes? In a couple years, it may be a serious alternative to be the pressure valve necessary where Greeks could hold some of their wealth in DNotes, which could be spent anywhere in Europe, or worldwide. I'm having a good think about what would likely happen in a scenario where 5% of the European economy was crypto, and the particular effects it would have on Greece. I may need to return to the topic after my last exam is over for the semester this Friday (Have still been reading away - some very substantial content posted about regulations. Well done!).

Greede: Welcome! DNotes has worked out as a great investment! DNotes is the only crypto I've owned where I don't feel like I need to check its value daily. DNotes is going places, just look at all the rich news content in mainstream media DNotes has been getting! There remain many opportunities for anybody, no matter who they are, to come and join the community, or take a chance to improve their financial future, and the worlds through adoption.

Good to see you TeeGee. As always, great post. I trust that it will go very well tomorrow. The mainstream media has certainly been informed of the event. It will be nice if they show up with a camera crew.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:02:52 AM

Best of luck DYNA,

I really hope the NASDAQ talk will have a video posted online, what a huge opportunity to be able to talk at NASDAQ! Alan has many years of experience with these types of things so its no wonder they chose him to speak on behalf of DNotes and the rest of the crypto industry.

I personally see no long-term alternative but for Greece to leave the Euro-zone. Currently their export industries are taking a beating, and Greece's local currency is far higher in value than where a floating national currency would sit. Having their own currency would allow their currency to devalue. The main problem I can see with them leaving the Euro though, is that the general public are not stupid. There will be massive bank runs the moment Greece announces that they will adopt a new local currency. People will have little faith that the new currency will hold much value, and they also know that the Greek government would hope this new currency would be worth much less than the Euro currently is to help exports / balance of trade deficits (1.5 billion monthly). Greek citizens would simply empty their Greek bank accounts, and send the money to another Euro bank based in another country to protect the value of their bank deposits until the new currency is implemented and its value settled. If everybody does this... then Greece simply won't leave the Euro.

Enter Digital Currency / DNotes? In a couple years, it may be a serious alternative to be the pressure valve necessary where Greeks could hold some of their wealth in DNotes, which could be spent anywhere in Europe, or worldwide. I'm having a good think about what would likely happen in a scenario where 5% of the European economy was crypto, and the particular effects it would have on Greece. I may need to return to the topic after my last exam is over for the semester this Friday (Have still been reading away - some very substantial content posted about regulations. Well done!).

Greede: Welcome! DNotes has worked out as a great investment! DNotes is the only crypto I've owned where I don't feel like I need to check its value daily. DNotes is going places, just look at all the rich news content in mainstream media DNotes has been getting! There remain many opportunities for anybody, no matter who they are, to come and join the community, or take a chance to improve their financial future, and the worlds through adoption.

Good to see you TeeGee. As always, great post. I trust that it will go very well tomorrow. The mainstream media has certainly been informed of the event. It will be nice if they show up with a camera crew.

We are all rooting for you at the NASDAQ presentation tomorrow.  Safe travels and knock em dead, break a leg, may the force be with you and all that other good stuff! 
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:42:04 AM

Best of luck DYNA,

We are all rooting for you at the NASDAQ presentation tomorrow.  Safe travels and knock em dead, break a leg, may the force be with you and all that other good stuff! 

Thanks for all the good wishes, confidence and support for DNotes and our ecosystems. I am well prepared to state our case. We know the short comings of Bitcoin the currency. We have proven that there are solutions to avoid those pitfalls in order to take full advantage of the most innovative technologies of our generation. DNotes is the alternative. It is built with trust and integrity for the mutual long term benefits of everyone; including women, children, students, employers, employees and more, irrespective of their financial standings.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 12:45:38 PM

Best of luck DYNA,

Thanks for all the good wishes, confidence and support for DNotes and our ecosystems. I am well prepared to state our case. We know the short comings of Bitcoin the currency. We have proven that there are solutions to avoid those pitfalls in order to take full advantage of the most innovative technologies of our generation. DNotes is the alternative. It is built with trust and integrity for the mutual long term benefits of everyone; including women, children, students, employers, employees and more, irrespective of their financial standings.

Go get 'em Alan! Your are, without a doubt, the best man for the job! Just make sure you come back when it's over!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:25:17 PM

DNotes is the only crypto I've owned where I don't feel like I need to check its value daily.

That's a great way to put it. What I've started telling people I know about DNotes is that it is the only cryptocurrency I know about that if you buy it today, you can have a reasonable expectation that next year it will be worth at least the same amount as it's worth today, and possibly even more.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:13:48 PM

DNotes Educational Guide is in the news!

http://www.coinnewsasia.com/dnotes-educational-guide-brings-digital-currency-learning-to-your-smartphone/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 02:49:10 PM

Wow! Great job guys.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:01:08 PM

Excellent.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:23:48 PM

Best of luck DYNA,

Good luck Alan, can't wait to see your presentation.
kanus1113

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:31:06 PM

The app upgrade looks great. Is it bad that I got 3 wrong? ... lol.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 03:46:43 PM

Very nice, congrats on the write up.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:13:42 PM

For anyone who may have missed it, Alan will be speaking here today.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:57:26 PM

The CRISP for Employees Incentive Benefits forms now have combined DNotesVault registration forms. For a user who has not already created a DNotesVault account, this will allow them to simultaneously sign up as an employer or employee while registering at the DNotesVault. The "Click Here to Register" links have been updated on both the Employee and Employer registration pages. We believe this will make the process easier to understand and more streamlined for a user that is new to DNotes or the DNotesVault.

If anyone is able to test it out and provide feedback, that would be helpful.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 08:13:53 PM

kanus1113

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:18:58 PM

That is excellent. It would be nice if US Senate would do the same.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114603/canada-rules-in-favor-of-an-almost-hands-off-approach-to-bitcoin
2015-06-19 09:13 AM
 Author Evander Smart

Canadian Senate Rules in Favor of ‘An Almost Hands-Off Approach’ to Bitcoin

The Canadian Senate has decided to protect Bitcoin from massive government regulation opting to approach the new technology with “a light regulatory touch – almost a hands-off approach.”

After many months of thoughtful deliberations, the legislative body released the official Canadian Senate report titled “Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”

The Canadian Senate has spent the better part of the last year reviewing the role of digital currencies will have on the future of economics in the nation including counsel with established Bitcoin expert and advocate Andreas Antonopoulos.

Learning how the currency and underlying technology currently works, what they may be able to provide in the future, the risks for crime, terrorism and fraud, plus the protection of citizens from “cybercrimes” were also weighed heavily in this decision.

Their report's opening assessment of Bitcoin is as follows:

“Block chain technology offers a secure alternative to consumers who do not wish to see their personal information fall prey to the Internet. It offers the ability to transact on the Internet without sharing their personal information with third parties whose databases make juicy targets for hackers. Instead, block chain technology gives consumers the power to provide their own hack-proof online security.”

This victory for Bitcoin comes after issues in Russia with the banning of Bitcoin information websites and Australia levying onerous tax regulations upon cryptocurrency filling the headlines.

Australia has also taken counsel with Andreas Antonopoulos to learn more and hear a proponent’s view of what Bitcoin can do for a domestic and global economy. Antonopoulos explained to the Canadian Senate last October:

“Bitcoin does not force users to surrender their identity with every transaction and put their trust in a chain of supposedly vetted intermediaries who must be trusted to control access to, securely store, and protect transaction data […] because in Bitcoin trust is not vested in central actors, there is no need for centralized regulation and oversight.”

Canada has seen a high amount of Bitcoin interest and business growth over the last two years, including the opening of a Bitcoin Embassy in Montreal. It also hosts almost 70 Bitcoin ATMs around the country, the highest number in the world for any country after the United States, which has 133.

"The conclusions of the Senate Banking Report on digital currencies are extremely positive for all Canadians," said Anthony Di Iorio, President of Decentral Consulting Services and Ethereum Co-Founder, to CoinTelegraph. "Recommendations from the committee that the government explore the vast potential bitcoin and blockchain technology while cautioning against regulations that might hinder its growth and potential have the great opportunity to solidify Canada as a leader in the digital currency and cryptocurrency space."

With Canada’s Senate taking a very pro-Bitcoin stance, this may foster business creation and adoption of the currency and blockchain technology in Canada going forward. The Canadian Senate report concluded with these words in regards to their official stance on digital currency (Bitcoin):

“We believe that the best strategy for dealing with crypto-currencies is to monitor the situation as the technology evolves; that Canada Revenue Agency and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) must prepare to navigate and use block chain technology; that this technology offers new ways to protect the personal information of Canadians; and, finally, that this technology requires a light regulatory touch – almost a hands off approach. In other words, not necessarily regulation, but regulation as necessary.”

I'm stunned. Just read about this. Canada is really stepping up and showing the world how to work with a new technology rather than against it.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:09:20 AM

I do believe the Canadian Senate is impressed with digital currency.  Wink

Senate drops its digital currency report in bitcoin's ledger

The official ledger of all bitcoin transactions now contains something a little unusual — courtesy of the Canadian Senate.

The Standing Senate Committee on Banking Trade and Commerce released its new report on digital currency late last week, not just on the Parliament of Canada website, but also as a message in the bitcoin blockchain — the public ledger of all transactions involving bitcoin, by far the world's most popular digital currency.

That was done "mostly for fun, and partly as a nod to the community," wrote a Reddit user named emansipator, who posted a link to the message on the social news site. The message was accompanied by another file called a "proof of existence," which is used in bitcoin transactions to publicly prove the existence of certain data without having to reveal it.

full article: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/senate-drops-digital-currency-report-153125733.html

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:44:54 AM

I'm looking very forward to hearing how the event went!

It is excellent news that Canada has decided to use a hands off approach with Digital Currency. I also saw that they cheekily hired a company to put their decision announcement through the blockchain - "nearly hands off".

grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:00:34 AM

It is excellent news that Canada has decided to use a hands off approach with Digital Currency. I also saw that they cheekily hired a company to put their decision announcement through the blockchain - "nearly hands off".

I too am excited to see how the NASDAQ Silicon Dragon Event went.  I am hoping much great news and ideas will be shared out of this event.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:14:55 AM

Just talked to Alan. Everything went great. Met some others of like mind, and was able to educate a lot of people who were hungry for information about crypto currency, and were especially interested in the CRISP programs. He has had a very long day, and will give us a full report tomorrow!

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 03:17:54 AM

Just talked to Alan. Everything went great. Met some others of like mind, and was able to educate a lot of people who were hungry for information about crypto currency, and were especially interested in the CRISP programs. He has had a very long day, and will give us a full report tomorrow!

Smokey

Excellent! Sounds like it went great.

Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: