Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 04:25:17 AM

I really enjoyed that article from Evander. People should follow their own desires, and Hearn is and that's all well and dandy. I liked it so much I've even 'boosted' the post on Facebook on a new community page we've created and it has reached nearly 300 people in the last 2 hours here: https://www.facebook.com/Anarkiwis/?fref=ts

Just doing some re-writing now on an article I can hopefully release soon Smiley

One interesting comment about blockchains would be the decentralised nature of upgrades to the network. Invariably, I think this should be decided by the client people choose to use. Some people may comment that if you can change the new coin supply value or max limit (DNotes would know?) - then is a blockchain really as resistant to "printing money" (quantitative easing) as when compared to fiat money? At the least though, even if the algorithm is changed, there is no way to 'rig' the system so that the people who changed it get all the money to spend first - which is the case with the fiat system.

Anyway, back to writing.

Excellent TeeGee, thank you for sharing.

Yes you are quite right, it is an interesting problem that puts the voting power of upgrade decision predominantly into the hands of the miners. One could assume the miners have the best interest in the success of the coin, but as with bitcoin, that isn't necessarily proving to be true.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 04:30:24 AM

From Twitter:

BigVern ‏@cryptsy  3m3 minutes ago

50 wallets have been opened for withdrawals. More will be opening over next few days

They have some updates on their blog post, including the list of coins which will be available. Needless to say, Bitcoin is not one of them.
http://blog.cryptsy.com/

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:23:46 AM

Says 2071 people reached in 12 hours. Although because it wasn't me who paid for the 'boost', I don't know how many clicks went through to the page. Other admins of the page thought the post was really worthwhile sharing. Great work Evander.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:56:23 PM

Says 2071 people reached in 12 hours. Although because it wasn't me who paid for the 'boost', I don't know how many clicks went through to the page. Other admins of the page thought the post was really worthwhile sharing. Great work Evander.

That is impressive, TeeGee.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

http://dcebrief.com/do-you-really-own-your-coins/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:18:42 PM

Another excellent article. Great job, Nick.
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:25:38 PM

Agreed, great article. I've looked at the policy of every exchange I've used and none of them state specifically how the coins are used once deposited into your exchange account. So I'm left to assume the worst.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 05:50:12 PM

Agreed, great article. I've looked at the policy of every exchange I've used and none of them state specifically how the coins are used once deposited into your exchange account. So I'm left to assume the worst.

That is one of the reasons why we created the DNotesVault and also this article. We treat your coins at DNotesVault as they are your coins and we are just the custodian, keeping them safe for you.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:45:50 PM

One day DNotes may have its own exchange that will operate on a higher moral level, in line with the way DNotes just mentioned the DNotesVault operates - where the vault only acts as a 'custodian' of users' crypto. The way many of the other exchanges are operating is quite worrying, and it kind of makes me think it could be a good idea to have a dedicated page or 'how to' on the DCEBrief page with recommendations on how and where to store, spend, buy and sell crypto etc for new industry members. If we can encourage  people to keep minimal funds on exchanges but for what they plan to trade, we could potentially avoid future crypto 'bank runs'. Of course, all these things take time - which seems to be the most limited resource for everybody! But hey, successful people keep busy right!?

Some really great topics being pumped out by the writing team. I'm well impressed. It also appears that articles are coming out more frequently. I can only see more and more exciting news to happen in this industry as it grows, so there will be no shortage of great topics to cover!

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:47:04 PM

One day DNotes may have its own exchange that will operate on a higher moral level, in line with the way DNotes just mentioned the DNotesVault operates - where the vault only acts as a 'custodian' of users' crypto. The way many of the other exchanges are operating is quite worrying, and it kind of makes me think it could be a good idea to have a dedicated page or 'how to' on the DCEBrief page with recommendations on how and where to store, spend, buy and sell crypto etc for new industry members. If we can encourage  people to keep minimal funds on exchanges but for what they plan to trade, we could potentially avoid future crypto 'bank runs'. Of course, all these things take time - which seems to be the most limited resource for everybody! But hey, successful people keep busy right!?

Some really great topics being pumped out by the writing team. I'm well impressed. It also appears that articles are coming out more frequently. I can only see more and more exciting news to happen in this industry as it grows, so there will be no shortage of great topics to cover!

I would be all over a DNotes owned exchange! I generally use exchanges just for trades, then I'm out (with the exception of Poloniex when their BTC lending rate is high, as it is now). Still, it would be awesome to be able to use an exchange where you can know your funds are safe even if you did leave them on for a few days. Sometimes those market orders take a while to fill.

Perhaps the DNotes vault might expand into both an exchange and a vault for other coins? Not sure if that would present a conflict of interest to combine the two services, though. At the very least, make it really easy to transfer funds from one to the other.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 11:51:56 PM

Time & money! We all wish we had more of both. Lol. The business will open up some new doors for us and we can start seriously considering things like exchange and money changer licensing. There will be a certain level of risk we will have to take in operating a live exchange, the goal will be to reduce that risk as much as possible and ensure we have the proper triggers and safeguards in place in order to mitigate an issue before it even happens.

Re DCEBrief stories, we will continue to try to improve our content, and it is a group effort for sure. I'm very thankful to our contributors.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

Time & money! We all wish we had more of both. Lol. The business will open up some new doors for us and we can start seriously considering things like exchange and money changer licensing. There will be a certain level of risk we will have to take in operating a live exchange, the goal will be to reduce that risk as much as possible and ensure we have the proper triggers and safeguards in place in order to mitigate an issue before it even happens.

Re DCEBrief stories, we will continue to try to improve our content, and it is a group effort for sure. I'm very thankful to our contributors.

I will try to be real brief in the essence of limited time I can spare. Everything being discussed is within the scope of our strategic plans. Our top priorities are to publish the book on “The Four Pillars of Business Success” launched with a business resource website, incorporate a company, and promote the different components of our ecosystems. There will also be a major push to develop strategic partnerships, including expansion to other countries, beyond US. Various new projects will be added to our active project list the second half of this year.

The DNotes Exchange that we have envisioned will be a part of our banking and financial services network systems as well as our global payment network systems with mobile applications, on-ramp and off-ramp, with the participation of different partners. There is a huge advantage not to rush into this. We are carefully observing and learning from our industry’s mistakes without having to pay a high price for it. The Blockchain being an integral part of the currency and the payment system is best developed as a totally integrated system. We are keeping a wish list as well as a list of problems we to need to solve, and there are many, as Bitcoin has revealed.  We can try to tinker with it with only minimum improvement or wait for the right time to take a quantum leap. We have the advantage of leadership and team commitment to make things happened. 
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:56:44 AM

'The DNotes Exchange that we have envisioned will be a part of our banking and financial services network systems as well as our global payment network systems with mobile applications, on-ramp and off-ramp, with the participation of different partners. There is a huge advantage not to rush into this. We are carefully observing and learning from our industry’s mistakes without having to pay a high price for it. The Blockchain being an integral part of the currency and the payment system is best developed as a totally integrated system. We are keeping a wish list as well as a list of problems we to need to solve, and there are many, as Bitcoin has revealed.  We can try to tinker with it with only minimum improvement or wait for the right time to take a quantum leap. We have the advantage of leadership and team commitment to make things happened.'

Great!

Please don't think IndiaMikeZulu fickle. Our vision is grass-roots/P2P, which we have spent a great deal of energy analyzing. Perhaps the perfect combination, ultimately, would be (a) outwards-focused development [Check!], (b) a highly-secure Dnotes-community exchange facilitating volume and convenience for merchants using Dnotes, and (c) a P2P model able to (x) facilitate large in-community trades, and (z) serve as 'back-up' come what may.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

P.s.: an interesting little P2P has sparked off elsewhere. If you wanna analyse it or try it or expand it, PM me.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:40:58 AM

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/chinas-central-bank-plans-to-launch-its-own-digital-currencies
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:07:34 AM

I read about it on LinkedIn early this morning. At this point I would just say "Interesting".
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:20:15 AM

'The DNotes Exchange that we have envisioned will be a part of our banking and financial services network systems as well as our global payment network systems with mobile applications, on-ramp and off-ramp, with the participation of different partners. There is a huge advantage not to rush into this. We are carefully observing and learning from our industry’s mistakes without having to pay a high price for it. The Blockchain being an integral part of the currency and the payment system is best developed as a totally integrated system. We are keeping a wish list as well as a list of problems we to need to solve, and there are many, as Bitcoin has revealed.  We can try to tinker with it with only minimum improvement or wait for the right time to take a quantum leap. We have the advantage of leadership and team commitment to make things happened.'

Great!

Please don't think IndiaMikeZulu fickle. Our vision is grass-roots/P2P, which we have spent a great deal of energy analyzing. Perhaps the perfect combination, ultimately, would be (a) outwards-focused development [Check!], (b) a highly-secure Dnotes-community exchange facilitating volume and convenience for merchants using Dnotes, and (c) a P2P model able to (x) facilitate large in-community trades, and (z) serve as 'back-up' come what may.

P.s.: an interesting little P2P has sparked off elsewhere. If you wanna analyse it or try it or expand it, PM me.

Those are great ideas, Mark. Our industry is very fragmented. At some point in the future, there could be a way to consolidate a few selected coins into a single community. It takes some leadership and funding.

I have been spending most of my time doing research and writing these days. I'll catch up with you later on that "P2P"
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:48:19 AM

From 3k sats to 900 sats. What happened? Did some of the devs decided to dump?

You don't pay enough.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:40:00 AM

Great!

Those are great ideas, Mark. Our industry is very fragmented. At some point in the future, there could be a way to consolidate a few selected coins into a single community. It takes some leadership and funding.

I have been spending most of my time doing research and writing these days. I'll catch up with you later on that "P2P"

Wow, Dyna! This has been our goal for ages, but it's not necessarily seemly to state that in any particular community's main thread. Indeed, clarification and refinement are required -- 'theory' -- but the notion that one crypto community could function as the core of a project involving several crypto-currencies shouldn't spook a community with vision and bench-depth.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 12:24:47 PM

Nah, i not belive that, strong hands this community has, but new 300mhash miners on scrypt market mining DNotes sure dump to pay bills, also Bitcoin has double in price, so your DNotes fiat price keep on the road.

Keep good work guys next steps on developement rally can be so sweets for DNotes community.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:23:58 PM

Nah, i not belive that, strong hands this community has, but new 300mhash miners on scrypt market mining DNotes sure dump to pay bills, also Bitcoin has double in price, so your DNotes fiat price keep on the road.

Keep good work guys next steps on developement rally can be so sweets for DNotes community.

Thanks for you support and confidence, infovortice2013. You are correct. We are very committed to the long term. We have and will continue to accumulate DNotes on a regular basis.
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: