Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:17:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:10:41 AM

A global digital currency like DNotes will be a big help to people living in countries listed in this article that are at the mercy of government issued fiat.

Top 10 worst-performing emerging market currencies of 2015

2015 has not been a good year for emerging market currencies.

An economic slowdown in China, plunging oil prices and an imminent Federal Reserve interest rate increase have caused a mass sell-off in emerging market currencies across the board.

CHALLENGES IN EMERGING MARKETS

Currencies such as the Brazilian Real and Turkish Lira have suffered further from political turmoil, while others, including the Russian Rouble and Ghanaian Cedi, have experienced unprecedented levels of volatility and violent shifts in investor sentiment.

Many, including the Malaysian Ringgit, South African Rand and Mexican Peso, have even plunged to all-time lows, compounded by the decision of the People’s Bank of China to devalue the Chinese Yuan in August.

JP Morgan’s emerging market currency index has recently fallen to its lowest on record, having declined by over a fifth since the beginning of last year alone.

WHICH CURRENCIES FARED THE WORST?

Below, we have listed the top 10 worst performing emerging market currencies (Source: Bloomberg Date: 14/10/2015) covered in our latest Emerging Market Report. The Brazilian Real tops the list, having lost a staggering 31.5% of its value so far in 2015 alone.

Percentage lost per emerging market currency in 2015:

Brazilian Real (BRL) – 31.5%
Turkish Lira (TRY) – 20.3%
Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) – 16.7%
Ghanaian Cedi (GHS) – 15.9%
South African Rand (ZAR) – 13.7%
Kenyan Shilling (KES) – 12.2%
Mexican Peso (MXN) – 11.1%
Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – 9.0%
Egyptian Pound (EGP) – 8.7%
Peruvian Neuevo Sol (PEN) – 8.1%

Full article:  https://www.ebury.com/blog/2015/10/15/top-10-worst-performing-emerging-market-currencies-of-2015/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:31:55 AM

A global digital currency like DNotes will be a big help to people living in countries listed in this article that are at the mercy of government issued fiat.

Top 10 worst-performing emerging market currencies of 2015

2015 has not been a good year for emerging market currencies.

An economic slowdown in China, plunging oil prices and an imminent Federal Reserve interest rate increase have caused a mass sell-off in emerging market currencies across the board.

CHALLENGES IN EMERGING MARKETS

Currencies such as the Brazilian Real and Turkish Lira have suffered further from political turmoil, while others, including the Russian Rouble and Ghanaian Cedi, have experienced unprecedented levels of volatility and violent shifts in investor sentiment.

Many, including the Malaysian Ringgit, South African Rand and Mexican Peso, have even plunged to all-time lows, compounded by the decision of the People’s Bank of China to devalue the Chinese Yuan in August.

JP Morgan’s emerging market currency index has recently fallen to its lowest on record, having declined by over a fifth since the beginning of last year alone.

WHICH CURRENCIES FARED THE WORST?

Below, we have listed the top 10 worst performing emerging market currencies (Source: Bloomberg Date: 14/10/2015) covered in our latest Emerging Market Report. The Brazilian Real tops the list, having lost a staggering 31.5% of its value so far in 2015 alone.

Percentage lost per emerging market currency in 2015:

Brazilian Real (BRL) – 31.5%
Turkish Lira (TRY) – 20.3%
Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) – 16.7%
Ghanaian Cedi (GHS) – 15.9%
South African Rand (ZAR) – 13.7%
Kenyan Shilling (KES) – 12.2%
Mexican Peso (MXN) – 11.1%
Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – 9.0%
Egyptian Pound (EGP) – 8.7%
Peruvian Neuevo Sol (PEN) – 8.1%

Full article:  https://www.ebury.com/blog/2015/10/15/top-10-worst-performing-emerging-market-currencies-of-2015/

This list of currency loss only covered the emerging market. Majority of the global currencies lost significant value while US$ recorded some gain.

It's nothing new that citizens often ended up loosing a big chunk of their life savings, not because of any faults of theirs, but that of their government. It will be nice for DNotes to become a global alternative savings in a large scale one day.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:46:26 AM

Quote from: Chase on Today at 01:19:21 AM

Does anyone have a good Christmas idea or two for spreading the DNotes joy this holiday season?   Smiley Wink Cheesy

Quote From Shepherd Today:

I would encourage parents and grandparents with children or grand children, who have not already done so, to sign up for CRISP for Kids: http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php
This is the time of the year when some generous donors like to enrich the kids' account with DNotes. We will also have prizes to be given out.
ChiefCoin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:56:44 AM

Quantum computing possible?? This will be interesting for the digital currency world.

World’s First Quantum Computer Now Possible after Silicon Chip Test

New South Wales (AUS) — Scientists have successfully tested a quantum version of computer code on a silicon chip. This is a new breakthrough for computational engineers and coding overall as the achievement proves what some thought was unobtainable: the ability to build the world’s first quantum computer.

Also read: Nasdaq to Introduce Blockchain Technology to Estonian Settling and Clearing Business

technology-wallpaper-hdEngineers and researchers from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia have created code that entangles two quantum bits applied to a silicon chip. The protocol passed the infamous inflexible Bell Test and received the highest score ever during the test. The UNSW team, appearing in the international journal, Nature Nanotechnology stated:

“WE HAVE SUCCEEDED IN PASSING THE TEST, AND WE HAVE DONE SO WITH THE HIGHEST ‘SCORE’ EVER RECORDED IN AN EXPERIMENT.”

The experiment proves that this quantum language can be written and controlled with a crafted silicon microchip for the first time in history. With this recent discovery, the first sketches of a quantum computer can come to life.

https://news.bitcoin.com/quantum-code-applied-microchip/

This is an amazing technology breakthrough and has advanced very quickly. I have been following quantum computing for a while. It will lead to many new possibilities, we never thought possible before, especially in the areas of artificial intelligence for machine, and human as well, which almost sounded scary.

Those who can afford to be so equipped can drastically expand way beyond their current human limitations. Technically, if I can interface with my quantum computer, 24/7, it will quickly learn everything I know, research what I need to know and write the book, I am currently writing, far better than anyone could. This may sound exciting but if you are concerned about social economic inequalities, this could take it to a devastating level where a very small population preform better than the rest by a quantum leap. My advice, keep up with revolutionary technologies, including digital currency. Don't let your bankers talk you out of it. The world is changing at an ever increasing rate.

One issue of immediate concern is the current state of encrypted password and security. Technically, the new quantum computing will render everything we considered "protected and safe" void. I am sure we will adjust. Technology always evolves. Here is another reason investing heavily in technology development before one is ready to commercialize it is not a very smart business strategy. Getting ready to react quickly is much more prudent.

On the simplest possible level, if we are to have quantum computers then, ergo, we will need quantum security, quantum software, etc. All manor of new fields of computer science and opportunities will open to the next generation. This will be a "sea change" in the information world.

Agreed, I know they are already thinking about quantum security. I'm sure the transitional and upgrade period will be a nightmare with new issues, but it will probably be worth it.
every hardwork in project should be respect.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:49:43 AM

Post 391:  http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/crypto-kindergarten/537/390
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

From CryptoMoms:

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 07:48:50 AM

We’re now in La La Land. Just gonna dump really good articles for you:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2013/01/28/government-ban-on-bitcoin-would-fail-miserably

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/11/after-paris-attack-where-terrorists-used-cleartext-communications-and-credit-cards-police-state-hawks-demand-a-ban-of-encryption-and-bitcoin

“ . . . Vladimir Putin joined the conversation recently, announcing on national television that it is not bitcoin, nor their gold-based currency system, that have been funding ISIL militants. Putin stated that ISIL derives the majority of its revenue from oil reserves, which they have illegally seized in both Syria and Egypt.
During his discussion on financial systems and the operations of ISIL, Putin claimed that the mainstream media has turned their attention to innovative systems like bitcoin, while it was, and always has been, the US government that built and funded ISIL.”

http://Http://bravenewcoin.com/news/europe-russia-and-the-us-weigh-in-on-isil-bitcoin-use

I want more data on this issue: http://www.globalresearch.ca/turkey-supports-isis-now-declares-war-against-isis-but-instead-bombs-its-political-rival-which-is-the-most-effective-force-fighting-isis/5466169

Mark

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Thanks, Mark. Some great articles. I would have commented on some of them but have been behind on my writing schedule. I hope someone to comment on them.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:52:29 PM

It is absolutely fantastic news to know that they've been able to program quantum silicon chips. I remember reading a link about this on Facebook a while ago.

RJF is correct, there will be a new requirement for new security levels. The thing about Bitcoin wallets etc, is that they can still be cracked (theoretically), it's just the computing power required is phenomenal, and given our current level of technological capability, considered impossible. I don't particularly see any issue with gradual upgrades with the technology to come in line with these technological advancements if they are required - though they might causes issues and bugs occasionally.

I am also really excited about the "shift" program. I have seen and heard of similar cards being released or in their 'alpha' stage in the past, but have not heard much more about them. I hope that if merchant and consumer use can continue to grow, the market cap of digital currencies in general will increase, and stabilise. This will help some of the massive volatility issues in regards to digital currency.

Whoever makes the first "Quantum Operate System", should become our close friend, and we can integrate a "DNotesWallet" app within it at launch Smiley

Now there's a million, no, billion dollar idea! To have DNotes included in an operating system is brilliant. I can see a hard road ahead for inclusion but, working together we stand a good chance of seeing it happen. One thing though, the timeline may be out of reach for some of us but, that's no reason not to pursue it for the future users of DNotes. On the other hand, computer science has been known to advance a breakneck speeds!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:37:01 PM

It is absolutely fantastic news to know that they've been able to program quantum silicon chips. I remember reading a link about this on Facebook a while ago.

RJF is correct, there will be a new requirement for new security levels. The thing about Bitcoin wallets etc, is that they can still be cracked (theoretically), it's just the computing power required is phenomenal, and given our current level of technological capability, considered impossible. I don't particularly see any issue with gradual upgrades with the technology to come in line with these technological advancements if they are required - though they might causes issues and bugs occasionally.

I am also really excited about the "shift" program. I have seen and heard of similar cards being released or in their 'alpha' stage in the past, but have not heard much more about them. I hope that if merchant and consumer use can continue to grow, the market cap of digital currencies in general will increase, and stabilise. This will help some of the massive volatility issues in regards to digital currency.

Whoever makes the first "Quantum Operate System", should become our close friend, and we can integrate a "DNotesWallet" app within it at launch Smiley

Now there's a million, no, billion dollar idea! To have DNotes included in an operating system is brilliant. I can see a hard road ahead for inclusion but, working together we stand a good chance of seeing it happen. One thing though, the timeline may be out of reach for some of us but, that's no reason not to pursue it for the future users of DNotes. On the other hand, computer science has been known to advance a breakneck speeds!

When the funding is there, a lot of things are possible. More likely than not there will be a new generation of Blockchain technology; removing any limitations and concern we have today. Our strategy has always  been to build a trusted global brand with broad base and wide spread stakeholders. Technology can be upgraded quickly. It takes years to build a solid brand and mass acceptance. Within five to ten years, many things that we wished possible, will be possible. Positioning for those possibilities are why we are doing what we are doing. I am absolutely certain that we are on the right track, even though looking at the low price of DNotes today may raise some doubts for some investors. We just have to stay the course and continue to do the right things.   
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:55:55 PM

http://dcebrief.com/op-ed-has-anyone-noticed-bitcoins-value-crushing-gold-silver-over-last-5-years/

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:14:12 PM

Hello all. More good news is in the works. I have been appointed treasurer for my son's Boy Scout pack. With this responsibility also comes the power of suggesting new ideas. Maybe a new CRISP for Scouts is in our future? This would hold true for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. I will have several meetings with the other pack members to discuss this opportunity to them. If not a new CRISP then at least I can open the door for many to join the CRISP for Kids. Either way it will be good news for cryptocurrency and DNotes.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:38:59 PM

Hello all. More good news is in the works. I have been appointed treasurer for my son's Boy Scout pack. With this responsibility also comes the power of suggesting new ideas. Maybe a new CRISP for Scouts is in our future? This would hold true for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. I will have several meetings with the other pack members to discuss this opportunity to them. If not a new CRISP then at least I can open the door for many to join the CRISP for Kids. Either way it will be good news for cryptocurrency and DNotes.

Hey Marc, that's excellent news and a great idea!

I think for specific organizations and such, it would be best for a privately run CRISP. RJF suggested a while back that we have a 'CRISP generator' that could be used for various pools and organizations. For instance, if you wanted to start a vacation fund between a group, or in this case an organization such as the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. In the meantime, CRISP for Kids would be the best fit.

That's a good opening to ask what everyone thinks are the best options for a CRISP generator?
Think about the various uses a CRISP generator would have, and the structures we may need in place.

In this scenario, for the scouts, would you have a single person run the CRISP with one page for the Boy Scouts and another for Girl Scouts?
Would you have a separate CRISP page for each troop?
What would the person who runs the CRISP need to be able to do?

wargo

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

Technician

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:44:57 PM

Remember about http://pool.e-waluty.net.pl
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:03:52 PM

That is excellent news, Marc. Our CRISP programs are designed to be easily replicated to fit any group or customized to meet unique requirements and other needs. Our current family for CRISPs for Kids, Students, Employees, and Retirement are the back-bone of the program so that anyone can find a CRISP that meet their needs.

A customized CRISP makes sense when there is a high level of interest, especially from someone of leadership. In this case, a CRISP For Boy and Girl Scouts, could be advantageous when it comes to promotion and fund raising. As an example, Smokeys Daylily Gardens works with Boy Scouts in a fund raising program of their choice. Smokeys agrees to contribute 30% of the sales proceeds to the target charity or organization and 10% to the CRISP program. A lot of good deeds can be accomplished while providing an opportunity to the young scouts to learn about the future of money. It is conceivable that there could be hundreds of CRISPs in the future.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:06:28 PM

Thanks wargo, I do recommend everyone supports all of the DNotes pools. Even if you only send a small amount of your hashrate to the different pools, and the majority on one pool. Having many pools up and hashing is beneficial to the ecosystem.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:12:31 PM

It's very compelling and powerful. Great job Evander!!
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:15:20 PM

Op-Ed: Has Anyone Noticed Bitcoin’s Value Crushing Gold & Silver Over the Last 5 Years? 

http://dcebrief.com/op-ed-has-anyone-noticed-bitcoins-value-crushing-gold-silver-over-last-5-years/

It's very compelling and powerful. Great job Evander!!

This should get investors to stand up and pay attention - great article Evander!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:32:41 PM

Hey Marc, that's excellent news and a great idea!

I think for specific organizations and such, it would be best for a privately run CRISP. RJF suggested a while back that we have a 'CRISP generator' that could be used for various pools and organizations. For instance, if you wanted to start a vacation fund between a group, or in this case an organization such as the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. In the meantime, CRISP for Kids would be the best fit.

That's a good opening to ask what everyone thinks are the best options for a CRISP generator?
Think about the various uses a CRISP generator would have, and the structures we may need in place.

In this scenario, for the scouts, would you have a single person run the CRISP with one page for the Boy Scouts and another for Girl Scouts?
Would you have a separate CRISP page for each troop?
What would the person who runs the CRISP need to be able to do?

Nice work Marc!!

"In the meantime, CRISP for Kids would be the best fit."   CryptoMoms may be a good fit for kid's organizations and their CRISPs.  There is a section on the forum for introductions where, for example, 'Boy Scouts Troup #123' could start their own thread and every member could be listed their along with their DNotes address.  They could also have an address for their organization for fundraising.  They could then have their own DNotes contests, rewards, giveaways, etc.  Mrs. Claus-CryptoMom may also have some special draws or giveaways for them! Wink  Once we have a few organizations or even small groups, we could start a new board or child-board if needed.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:37:49 PM

I just noticed that Evander posted this DCEBrief Op-Ed on LinkedIn. If you are signed up with LinkedIn please check it out and comment if possible. I just posted mine as follows:

Great article. Very compelling. Bitcoin and other digital currencies like DNotes are still at the infancy stage of development with great potential for appreciation. It is like investing in young promising companies.

There is an inherent tendency for promising emerging technologies to be deceptive at the formative stage, especially when it perceived to be highly disruptive. No matter how promising, emerging technologies are never perfect, providing room for critics to predict its early demise with sensational headlines. . In such an environment, the immensely promising Bitcoin, and other digital currencies with the potential to be the greatest technology revolution of our generation can be quite deceptive, causing many to look back a few years from now wondering how they could have missed the early promising signs.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:24:42 AM

Dear old Dad called me last night, all excited. Ma and him watch 60 every Sunday evening. He said that this sounds a lot like digital currency! He was impressed with what they have done with the solar panel also. Here is a link to the article/television segment:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/future-of-money-kenya-m-pesa-60-minutes/

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 02:43:21 AM

Dear old Dad called me last night, all excited. Ma and him watch 60 every Sunday evening. He said that this sounds a lot like digital currency! He was impressed with what they have done with the solar panel also. Here is a link to the article/television segment:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/future-of-money-kenya-m-pesa-60-minutes/

Smokey

From what I understand about mPesa is it's more like a private issued virtual currency where users essentially use text messages to send virtual money back and forth through a third party using SMS. It's a great solution for the unbanked where they have access to cell phones, but a cryptocurrency solution will ultimately be a better solution in the long term.

Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: