Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 11:56:03 PM

This is fairly interesting http://cointelegraph.com/news/115597/europeans-can-now-receive-their-paycheck-in-bitcoin "Europe-based bitcoinCT r:  3 services provider Cashila has recently released a Bitwage-like Euro-to-Bitcoin payroll system, allowing European employees to request their wages to be paid in bitcoin through a simple bank or SEPA payment." This will be an important feature of the digital currency ecosystem and something we should consider for DNotes in the future, once we have become established in global commerce.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:44:34 AM

DNotes is now trading on Cryptopia! Great news.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:42:54 AM

Awesome news, when I have some time, I'll investigate if they offer services for New Zealand bank transfer - I mean, given the ".co.nz" suffix and all.  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 04:16:53 AM

Awesome news, when I have some time, I'll investigate if they offer services for New Zealand bank transfer - I mean, given the ".co.nz" suffix and all.  Smiley

It doesn't look like they do any fiat exchanging, but worth a second look I'm sure, it is a pretty extensive site.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:01:05 PM

This is a fairly lengthy article but a good representation on the “state” of the industry, especially as it relates to Bitcoin and digital currency. It is a clear expression of frustration that there is an abandonment of Bitcoin. “{watching as intellectuals and “thought leaders,” financial industry executives, technologists and even the media itself have fallen in love with “the blockchain,” “distributed ledgers”}”

Our industry is quite definitely going through another period of adjustment. The significant price increase in Bitcoin seems to be hurting altcoins this time, perhaps because the high price of Bitcoin is not the result of increased demand by price manipulation. We may just have to wait this one out until things settle a little more.

DNotes is very well positioned for 2016. With all the new development, I am even more certain we have been correct all along that the only way for a digital currency to gain mass acceptance is to have our own ecosystem and a for profit company to substantiate its value and be the party to promote and protect the interest of the currency and its stakeholders.

Say the Big, Bad ‘B’ Word: Bitcoin and the Internet of Money

By Jeremy Allaire, Co-Founder and CEO, Circle
November 9, 2015, 12:50 PM PST

It has been a bit amusing watching as intellectuals and “thought leaders,” financial industry executives, technologists and even the media itself have fallen in love with “the blockchain,” “distributed ledgers” and other phrases to talk about the innovation happening in how trust and value exchange work on the Internet.

Notably absent from this high-minded and purportedly insightful thinking is reference to bitcoin, the actual open platform that distributes trust and provides a highly secure ledger to exchange value around the world.

If bitcoin is referenced, it’s dismissively, as if smart people are in the know that bitcoin (the digital asset) isn’t necessary or important to fueling this global network of distributed and decentralized trust. For the most part, it’s just a cop-out and intellectual laziness; I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works.  ……………….

Everyone, it’s okay to say the word “bitcoin” and acknowledge that it is the actual platform that is driving this innovation that we’re all building on. It’s also okay to say “the bitcoin blockchain,” or “the blockchain,” if you’re afraid that people will think you’re weird. But until someone actually builds, ships and scales a global open platform, open like the rest of the Internet, that can do what the bitcoin blockchain can today, there’s really nothing else to talk about.

Read More:
http://recode.net/2015/11/09/say-the-big-bad-b-word-bitcoin-and-the-internet-of-money/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 04:12:00 PM

This is a fairly lengthy article but a good representation on the “state” of the industry, especially as it relates to Bitcoin and digital currency. It is a clear expression of frustration that there is an abandonment of Bitcoin. “{watching as intellectuals and “thought leaders,” financial industry executives, technologists and even the media itself have fallen in love with “the blockchain,” “distributed ledgers”}”

Our industry is quite definitely going through another period of adjustment. The significant price increase in Bitcoin seems to be hurting altcoins this time, perhaps because the high price of Bitcoin is not the result of increased demand by price manipulation. We may just have to wait this one out until things settle a little more.

DNotes is very well positioned for 2016. With all the new development, I am even more certain we have been correct all along that the only way for a digital currency to gain mass acceptance is to have our own ecosystem and a for profit company to substantiate its value and be the party to promote and protect the interest of the currency and its stakeholders.

It has been a bit amusing watching as intellectuals and “thought leaders,” financial industry executives, technologists and even the media itself have fallen in love with “the blockchain,” “distributed ledgers” and other phrases to talk about the innovation happening in how trust and value exchange work on the Internet.

Notably absent from this high-minded and purportedly insightful thinking is reference to bitcoin, the actual open platform that distributes trust and provides a highly secure ledger to exchange value around the world.

If bitcoin is referenced, it’s dismissively, as if smart people are in the know that bitcoin (the digital asset) isn’t necessary or important to fueling this global network of distributed and decentralized trust. For the most part, it’s just a cop-out and intellectual laziness; I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works.  ……………….

Everyone, it’s okay to say the word “bitcoin” and acknowledge that it is the actual platform that is driving this innovation that we’re all building on. It’s also okay to say “the bitcoin blockchain,” or “the blockchain,” if you’re afraid that people will think you’re weird. But until someone actually builds, ships and scales a global open platform, open like the rest of the Internet, that can do what the bitcoin blockchain can today, there’s really nothing else to talk about.

Read More:
http://recode.net/2015/11/09/say-the-big-bad-b-word-bitcoin-and-the-internet-of-money/

Blockchain combined with Bitcoin is an amazing technology and invention, and it is Bitcoin that drives the decentralized model. However, in the tech industry, where the latest and greatest advancements drive excitement and lots of investment money, there is a lot more opportunity to create something new in the blockchain space. The innovation in the Bitcoin space is less tech driven and the bigger innovations will come from financial services and usability, which is much less exciting. There are also significant hurdles in the Bitcoin space, which are limiting innovation in financial services, that is the result of poor regulation and demonization of Bitcoin, making it much easier to start a blockchain business.

DNotes, with long term goals and an ecosystem that depends on the currency will be able to overcome those obstacles that Bitcoin faces for the long term best interest of DNotes.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 06:38:34 PM

If bitcoin is referenced, it’s dismissively, as if smart people are in the know that bitcoin (the digital asset) isn’t necessary or important to fueling this global network of distributed and decentralized trust. For the most part, it’s just a cop-out and intellectual laziness; I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works.  ……………….

Read More:

Blockchain combined with Bitcoin is an amazing technology and invention, and it is Bitcoin that drives the decentralized model. However, in the tech industry, where the latest and greatest advancements drive excitement and lots of investment money, there is a lot more opportunity to create something new in the blockchain space. The innovation in the Bitcoin space is less tech driven and the bigger innovations will come from financial services and usability, which is much less exciting. There are also significant hurdles in the Bitcoin space, which are limiting innovation in financial services, that is the result of poor regulation and demonization of Bitcoin, making it much easier to start a blockchain business.

DNotes, with long term goals and an ecosystem that depends on the currency will be able to overcome those obstacles that Bitcoin faces for the long term best interest of DNotes.

I think this sentence says it all: " I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works." There is the disconnect because there is a serious lack of understanding and familiarity with the technology. Everyone wants to be "in" on the latest tech but they don't want to take the time to understand it. And, to some, "blockchain" is safe while "Bitcoin" represents a threat.

It is becoming so important to educate the public that I believe the industry will soon prosper or, fail depending on the level of public understanding and knowledge. I'm not a conspiracy nut and I don't see men in black suits around every corner but, consider this: if banks feel threatened by crypto in general, would it not make sense to attack from the inside by misdirecting the public's perception of the technology?

People are hearing about blockchain solutions to problems that don't really exist and not Bitcoin or other cryptos. It's as if the coins don't really have any innovation other than using the magical "bloakchain" technology. This my friends, will be our downfall unless we put forth our very best efforts to educate and correct the course being set by the banks for our technology.

Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.coindesk.com/jamie-dimon-bitcoin-will-not-survive/

This guy has one purpose and one only, to extend the life of the current corrupt system as long as he can. In this article, Dimon says "This is my personal opinion, there will be no real, non-controlled currency in the world. There is no government that's going to put up with it for long ... there will be no currency that gets around government controls." He doesn't get it, getting around govt controls is really not the point except maybe for some altcoins who's purpose IS based on that.

But, then he goes on to say about blockchain technology "The technology will be used, it may even be used to transport currency but it will be US dollars." This is how the banks will save their corrupt, rotting, inefficient systems by misdirection and appearing to embrace the technology when in reality, they are doing everything possible to kill it and take the core for themselves.

So, get out there and educate! And, most important, never, ever trust a banker...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:25:57 PM

If bitcoin is referenced, it’s dismissively, as if smart people are in the know that bitcoin (the digital asset) isn’t necessary or important to fueling this global network of distributed and decentralized trust. For the most part, it’s just a cop-out and intellectual laziness; I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works.  ……………….

Read More:

I think this sentence says it all: " I have yet to meet anyone who shares these thoughts who actually has any idea how any of the technology actually works." There is the disconnect because there is a serious lack of understanding and familiarity with the technology. Everyone wants to be "in" on the latest tech but they don't want to take the time to understand it. And, to some, "blockchain" is safe while "Bitcoin" represents a threat.

It is becoming so important to educate the public that I believe the industry will soon prosper or, fail depending on the level of public understanding and knowledge. I'm not a conspiracy nut and I don't see men in black suits around every corner but, consider this: if banks feel threatened by crypto in general, would it not make sense to attack from the inside by misdirecting the public's perception of the technology?

People are hearing about blockchain solutions to problems that don't really exist and not Bitcoin or other cryptos. It's as if the coins don't really have any innovation other than using the magical "bloakchain" technology. This my friends, will be our downfall unless we put forth our very best efforts to educate and correct the course being set by the banks for our technology.

This guy has one purpose and one only, to extend the life of the current corrupt system as long as he can. In this article, Dimon says "This is my personal opinion, there will be no real, non-controlled currency in the world. There is no government that's going to put up with it for long ... there will be no currency that gets around government controls." He doesn't get it, getting around govt controls is really not the point except maybe for some altcoins who's purpose IS based on that.

But, then he goes on to say about blockchain technology "The technology will be used, it may even be used to transport currency but it will be US dollars." This is how the banks will save their corrupt, rotting, inefficient systems by misdirection and appearing to embrace the technology when in reality, they are doing everything possible to kill it and take the core for themselves.

So, get out there and educate! And, most important, never, ever trust a banker...

RJF, you are absolutely correct. Most people just don't get it and it does not help to a banker like Jamoe Dimon promoting a hidden agenda so that they can continue to enrich themselves. We are committed to stay the course and continue to do the "missionary work" we always believe to be highly essential. Long live DCEBrief!
lab rat hoax

Activity: 1030
Merit: 502

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:37:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyxyRK39N4o

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:42:05 PM

Read More:

RJF, you are absolutely correct. Most people just don't get it and it does not help to a banker like Jamoe Dimon promoting a hidden agenda so that they can continue to enrich themselves. We are committed to stay the course and continue to do the "missionary work" we always believe to be highly essential. Long live DCEBrief!

I'm sure CryptoBroker79 would add material to DNotes Educational Guide that would help get the facts straight on why bitcoin isn't the afterthought of the blockchain, as the banks are portraying it to be.  It can be phrased in the form of true or false, as well as multilple choice, questions.  There are also definitions and how to guides (how to get ******* by the bank doesn't count Grin).  RJF, if there is anything specific that you think should be addressed, I know he would appreciate the feedback.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:50:05 PM

Read More:

It's clear Dimon has a limited view and unable to recognize how important decentralized  crypto that is not government controlled truly is. It's not about what the government's want, but rather what the people want. Government will not be able to stop people when there is enough support. Enjoyed your post RJF.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 09:33:19 PM

Read More:

I'm sure CryptoBroker79 would add material to DNotes Educational Guide that would help get the facts straight on why bitcoin isn't the afterthought of the blockchain, as the banks are portraying it to be.  It can be phrased in the form of true or false, as well as multilple choice, questions.  There are also definitions and how to guides (how to get ******* by the bank doesn't count Grin).  RJF, if there is anything specific that you think should be addressed, I know he would appreciate the feedback.

I think the most important point is showing this "misdirection" by the banks for what it is, a thinly veiled attempt at preserving the current system by dismissing the new contender as no more than smoke and mirrors. We need to make sure people understand that blockchain technology IS crypto technology, not something separate.

Also, just because a banker says it's so does not mean it is. Actually quite the opposite. It will only be a matter of time before the banks and established financial industry claims blockchain tech as their own, something they invented and use exclusively. Something those nasty "Bitcoiners" copied and used for illegal purposes. Other technologies have been usurped in this manor throughout history, why not now?

For those who are already part of the scene, this is all too obvious. For those who are not, it's smoke and mirrors. The disconnect is wide and deep. We need to come up with a simple, easy to understand method of getting this message out to the normal outlets, not our usual industry outlets. Therein lies the problem. How do we make this stuff interesting enough to be news worthy to the masses not the believers? And, what quick and powerful message can we send?

Remember, people have a short attention span. You might grab them for a minute but, it's quite an undertaking to grab them for a lifetime. To actually change long set habits and beliefs requires something really compelling and beneficial. So, how do we convince them that the banks are simply leaches? How do we convince them that crypto/digital is not just the future, it's now?

These are the primary issues as I see it in my humble opinion and they are huge...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 11:45:06 PM

I didn't want to post the entire article, but it's worth a read. Pretty incredible.

JPMorgan's 2014 Hack Tied to Largest Cyber Breach Ever

The U.S. described a vast, multi-year criminal enterprise centering on hacks of at least nine big financial and publishing firms and the theft of information on 100 million of their customers that fueled a web of stock manipulation, credit-card fraud and illegal online casinos.

Two indictments, unsealed Tuesday, tied three of four suspects to previously reported hacks of JPMorgan Chase & Co., E*Trade Financial Corp., Scottrade Financial Services Inc. and Dow Jones & Co., a unit of News Corp.

Hackers and conspirators in more than a dozen countries generated hundreds of millions of dollars in illicit proceeds on pump-and-dump stock schemes and particularly lucrative online gambling, prosecutors said.

From 2012 to mid-2015, the suspects and their co-conspirators successfully manipulated dozens of publicly traded stocks, sent misleading pitches to clients of banks and brokerages whose e-mail addresses they’d stolen, and profited by using trading accounts set up under fake names, prosecutors said.

[...]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-10/hackers-accused-by-u-s-of-targeting-top-banks-mutual-funds

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:40:26 AM

I didn't want to post the entire article, but it's worth a read. Pretty incredible.

JPMorgan's 2014 Hack Tied to Largest Cyber Breach Ever

The U.S. described a vast, multi-year criminal enterprise centering on hacks of at least nine big financial and publishing firms and the theft of information on 100 million of their customers that fueled a web of stock manipulation, credit-card fraud and illegal online casinos.

Two indictments, unsealed Tuesday, tied three of four suspects to previously reported hacks of JPMorgan Chase & Co., E*Trade Financial Corp., Scottrade Financial Services Inc. and Dow Jones & Co., a unit of News Corp.

Hackers and conspirators in more than a dozen countries generated hundreds of millions of dollars in illicit proceeds on pump-and-dump stock schemes and particularly lucrative online gambling, prosecutors said.

From 2012 to mid-2015, the suspects and their co-conspirators successfully manipulated dozens of publicly traded stocks, sent misleading pitches to clients of banks and brokerages whose e-mail addresses they’d stolen, and profited by using trading accounts set up under fake names, prosecutors said.

[...]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-10/hackers-accused-by-u-s-of-targeting-top-banks-mutual-funds

"The co-conspirators deceived financial institutions into processing and authorizing payments..."

“They colluded with corrupt international bank officials who willfully ignored its criminal nature in order to profit..."

All this makes me wonder how many corrupt individuals are working inside these "victim" banks.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:15:18 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 04:48:48 AM by IMZ

Changing Perceptions of Pre-Mined and IPO Coins

“ . . . often associated with pump and dump schemes.”

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-premine

“Okay, so now, after more than a year, looks like . . . [Dnotes has] turned out to be a good coin. Congratz and good luck with it.”

Post 3 here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0

I have no agenda here; and to prevent becoming bogged down in squabbles about what constitutes a ‘fair launch,’ let’s just lump together pre-mines, instamines, ICOs, developers’ funds, etc.

Hundreds and hundreds of altcoins were launched in late 2013/early 2014. Have a quick look here (and look for mentions of IPOs):

https://bitcointalk.7org/index.php?topic=588413.07

Mining hadn’t, at that point, become big business; and although the number of people who could profitably mine was a tiny percentage of the world’s population, the group was far far larger than it is today.

Moreover, the number of exchanges (speculative-trading!!) had increased dramatically.

And the actual process of coin creation and launch had been de-mystified (‘coingen’!).

Consequently, many of the altcoins launched at that time were utter trash*, and most of those have, by any fair definition, failed.

(And the debate over Nxt and Ripple raged the whole time.)

The worst group of these coins was that of the pre-mines. Consequently, by mid-2014, crypto geeks had come to tar all pre-mined coins with the same brush.

Now, though – late 2015 – things really have changed!

Two things are notable. The first is that established and trusted developers, like Vitalik Buterin, exist. The second is that the development of cryptos – certainly the 2.0s – is now a long and costly process.

Conclusion: the suspicion of the early pre-mine alts was justifiable, and all ‘non-fair-launch’ cryptos still warrant very careful analysis; but it seems that (a) a 'pre-mine' can succeed, and (b) we have entered The IPO Era.

P.S.:

I found the Youtube post below while writing the article. It’s Coinmarketcap in December, 2013. Well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vd5cap9Jk

*If you'd like an insight into this period (from a document that surfaced later) read Part 4 of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896480.0

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 05:43:11 AM

Changing Perceptions of Pre-Mined and IPO Coins

“ . . . often associated with pump and dump schemes.”

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-premine

“Okay, so now, after more than a year, looks like . . . [Dnotes has] turned out to be a good coin. Congratz and good luck with it.”

Post 3 here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0

I have no agenda here; and to prevent becoming bogged down in squabbles about what constitutes a ‘fair launch,’ let’s just lump together pre-mines, instamines, ICOs, developers’ funds, etc.

Hundreds and hundreds of altcoins were launched in late 2013/early 2014. Have a quick look here (and look for mentions of IPOs):

https://bitcointalk.7org/index.php?topic=588413.07

Mining hadn’t, at that point, become big business; and although the number of people who could profitably mine was a tiny percentage of the world’s population, the group was far far larger than it is today.

Moreover, the number of exchanges (speculative-trading!!) had increased dramatically.

And the actual process of coin creation and launch had been de-mystified (‘coingen’!).

Consequently, many of the altcoins launched at that time were utter trash, and most of those have, by any fair definition, failed.

(And the debate over Nxt and Ripple raged the whole time.)

The worst group of these coins was that of the pre-mines. Consequently, by mid-2014, crypto geeks had come to tar all pre-mined coins with the same brush.

Now, though – late 2015 – things really have changed!

Two things are notable. The first is that established and trusted developers, like Vitalik Buterin, exist. The second is that the development of cryptos – certainly the 2.0s – is now a long and costly process.

Conclusion: the suspicion of the early pre-mine alts was justifiable, and all ‘non-fair-launch’ cryptos still warrant very careful analysis; but it seems that (a) a 'pre-mine' can succeed, and (b) we have entered The IPO Era.

P.S.:

I found the Youtube post below while writing the article. It’s Coinmarketcap in December, 2013. Well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vd5cap9Jk

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Thanks Mark, I hadn't been back to see the beginning of the thread in a while, that was a pleasant surprise.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

Well finally DNotes is listed over Cryptopia can find here https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange  please come and put some orders, 7 markets is a lot to good fill by my self so little help will be welcome.

DCEB is offline ?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:16:40 PM

Well finally DNotes is listed over Cryptopia can find here https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange  please come and put some orders, 7 markets is a lot to good fill by my self so little help will be welcome.

DCEB is offline ?

infovortice2013, thank you. DCEBrief is fine. I just checked.

It is exciting to see DNotes listed on Cryptopia. Joe will try the help out. I am committed to get something do by end of today.

I have been extremely busy lining up a number of projects for 2016. Hardly have time for much of anything else.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 02:59:53 PM

DCEB is offline ?

infovortice2013, thank you. DCEBrief is fine. I just checked.

It is exciting to see DNotes listed on Cryptopia. Joe will try the help out. I am committed to get something do by end of today.

I have been extremely busy lining up a number of projects for 2016. Hardly have time for much of anything else.

Yep, I am having problems connecting to DCEBrief at the moment. I'm sure it will be back up soon.

Whatever I can do to help on Cryptopia, just let me know.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:20:14 PM

Amid all the statements made in the news by uninformed people in banking, finance, and government, it is refreshing to read about someone who actually gets it.

"George Osborne: Digital Currencies Could 'Play Big Part' in Finance"

George Osborne, the UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer, has issued new remarks about digital currencies.

Speaking at the Bank of England's Open Forum conference earlier this morning, Osborne re-emphasised his desire for London to be a world leader in both FinTech and digital currencies.

According to Bloomberg, Osborne commented on the potential of the "once dismissed" alternative currencies, saying:

"[Digital currencies] may now well play a big part in our financial future."

During his opening remarks, the Chancellor also touched upon the topic of innovation, noting that the UK was committed to ensuring that regulation is not too burdensome.

This is not the first time that the Chancellor of the Exchequer has spoken about digital currencies in public.

In August last year, Osborne announced a new scheme that set out to assess the potential role of cryptocurrencies in Britain's economy, commissioning the UK Treasury to produce a programme relating to cryptocurrencies to weigh both the technology's benefits and risks.

The Chancellor also made headlines last year, after he withdrew £20 worth of bitcoin from an ATM at the London offices of FinTech accelerator Level 39, which is home to Swiss investment bank UBS' blockchain research lab.

Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: