Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:49:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:15:48 PM

Hi im researching for DNotes pools up to 3.5 ghash ,, donotes pool is always under 200 mhash i found this another http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8923/static/ that say is 500 mhash

no pools for the rest of hash  ??

Most of the time when I checked, there were a couple of multipools who have the majority of our hashrate. Poolwarz, Multipool.us, Hash-To-Coins. They switch off and on. There has been in some cases hashrates I couldn't account for, which may have been private pools or in another language.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:29:31 PM

Hey everyone,

RJF here. Tried to change my password on the "RJF" account and got locked out. No response from requests to unlock the "Hero" account so I guess i'm a newbie again. Really sucks. It's stuff like this that makes folks loose interest in these forums.

RJF, that is unfortunate, and very frustrating. There have been a couple of incidents where our forum members took months to recover their original status. To a certain extent we are all "customers" It is unbelievable why customer support, customer satisfaction, and great customer experience are not a high priority to top management. Customers are the final link connecting to business success. Once that link is broken, as in the case of Cryptsy, the company is gone for good.

I just had a bad experience with Coinbase. Most likely due to third party software upgrade I lost my "Instant Buy". They must have tightened their address match and I have one address line with ... Rd and one without. It took me six weeks and countless hours to finally recovered my instantly buy. For sure customer support do not work on Saturday or Sunday at Coinbase.

For those who are managing your own business or those who are planning to start a business, that note of this, "What is your business?  At the most fundamental level, it is the customer. Your business is not defined by your credential, name of your company, or how much publicity you received for your exciting innovative ideas. It is defined by successfully satisfying the customer’s want for the product or service purchased. Consequently, the fundamental mission and purpose of every business is to satisfy the customer." Alan Yong, The Four Pillars of Business Success, 2016
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:31:45 PM

Hey everyone,

RJF here. Tried to change my password on the "RJF" account and got locked out. No response from requests to unlock the "Hero" account so I guess i'm a newbie again. Really sucks. It's stuff like this that makes folks loose interest in these forums.

RJF, that is unfortunate, and very frustrating. There have been a couple of incidents where our forum members took months to recover their original status. To a certain extent we are all "customers" It is unbelievable why customer support, customer satisfaction, and great customer experience are not a high priority to top management. Customers are the final link connecting to business success. Once that link is broken, as in the case of Cryptsy, the company is gone for good.

I just had a bad experience with Coinbase. Most likely due to third party software upgrade I lost my "Instant Buy". They must have tightened their address match and I have one address line with ... Rd and one without. It took me six weeks and countless hours to finally recovered my instantly buy. For sure customer support do not work on Saturday or Sunday at Coinbase.

For those who managing your own business or those who are planning to start a business, that note of this, "What is your business?  At the most fundamental level, it is the customer. Your business is not defined by your credential, name of your company, or how much publicity you received for your exciting innovative ideas. It is defined by successfully satisfying the customer’s want for the product or service purchased. Consequently, the fundamental mission and purpose of every business is to satisfy the customer." Alan Yong, The Four Pillars of Business Success, 2016

On the bright side, Payservices.com's support is very, very responsive. I hope they keep that a priority as they grow.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 05:49:29 PM

Hey everyone,

For those who managing your own business or those who are planning to start a business, that note of this, "What is your business?  At the most fundamental level, it is the customer. Your business is not defined by your credential, name of your company, or how much publicity you received for your exciting innovative ideas. It is defined by successfully satisfying the customer’s want for the product or service purchased. Consequently, the fundamental mission and purpose of every business is to satisfy the customer." Alan Yong, The Four Pillars of Business Success, 2016

On the bright side, Payservices.com's support is very, very responsive. I hope they keep that a priority as they grow.

Very glad to hear you are having a positive experience with PayServices Wiser. It is a huge project and could wind up being very helpful to our industry and DNotes.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:54:36 PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear RJF, I hope they eventually respond for you.

Warning to everyone: I have discovered that theymos activated a feature a while back that instantly locks your account if you use your "secret question" to recover a password. That's what happened to me. Best to just not use that at all.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:09:23 PM

Hey everyone,

I certainly hope so. Great customer experience is invaluable. The founder of PayServices, Willie, was a good customer of Dauphin Technology. He told me a great customer support experience he had with Dauphin 25 years ago. He sent back a laptop computer for repair he "fried" by mistake when trying to fixed it. The computer was needed for an important presentation. Upon arrival I was notified for immediate attention. It was promptly repaired and tested. We assigned our Import and Export Manager to use his connection and hand delivered the computer to be on the next flight to Belgium. Willie's customer was pleasantly surprised and delighted. The story is still being told after twenty-five years. That is the power of great customer experience.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:08:59 PM

My, how time flies when you're having fun! My apologies for being away so long. Three kids, and a management role in scaling an awesome technology to the masses, and learning Data Science...I have no time to breathe. But I really should be more involved in forums like this, at any rate.

I've been a supporter of DNotes from moment 1. I built a sexy little mining rig and pointed it towards Litecoin for a bit, until I could find the right new coin to mine from moment one. The vision of DNotes has fascinated me from the first moment. Shared stake, with the proper technical bits (kimoto gravity well, bonus mining, and all that) to ensure a solid proliferation of the coins into many hands, with no BS like IPOing and all that.

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Alan for lunch in the beginning. It was quite clear that the vision wasn't smoke and mirrors. This was going to be a different kind of coin, at the forefront of a fundamentally new age. Since the days of the Lydians, society was underpinned by species-backed currency. Then the US came along last century and introduced fiat-backed currency. And now thanks to Bitcoin, we have a new era, math-based currency.

All of us know that this is going to change the game, and that not all coins will be left standing long-term. In fact, most seem to pretty much die on the vine. Not DNotes. ECEBrief, CryptoMoms.com, the CRISP family of vehicles, and all of that....indicate that DNotes is focused on adding value to the ecosystem for the long-term.

Just like the devs said they would years ago when DNotes started.

I do wonder though, what is behind the price action? Everytime I think about seeing how DNotes is doing, it slips a few spots on CoinMarketCap.com; what do you folks think?

And keep up the amazing Innovation! Maybe soon my firm will be acquired, and then I can actually broaden out my interests and be more active on the forums :-)

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 08:08:56 PM

My, how time flies when you're having fun! My apologies for being away so long. Three kids, and a management role in scaling an awesome technology to the masses, and learning Data Science...I have no time to breathe. But I really should be more involved in forums like this, at any rate.

I've been a supporter of DNotes from moment 1. I built a sexy little mining rig and pointed it towards Litecoin for a bit, until I could find the right new coin to mine from moment one. The vision of DNotes has fascinated me from the first moment. Shared stake, with the proper technical bits (kimoto gravity well, bonus mining, and all that) to ensure a solid proliferation of the coins into many hands, with no BS like IPOing and all that.

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Alan for lunch in the beginning. It was quite clear that the vision wasn't smoke and mirrors. This was going to be a different kind of coin, at the forefront of a fundamentally new age. Since the days of the Lydians, society was underpinned by species-backed currency. Then the US came along last century and introduced fiat-backed currency. And now thanks to Bitcoin, we have a new era, math-based currency.

All of us know that this is going to change the game, and that not all coins will be left standing long-term. In fact, most seem to pretty much die on the vine. Not DNotes. ECEBrief, CryptoMoms.com, the CRISP family of vehicles, and all of that....indicate that DNotes is focused on adding value to the ecosystem for the long-term.

Just like the devs said they would years ago when DNotes started.

I do wonder though, what is behind the price action? Everytime I think about seeing how DNotes is doing, it slips a few spots on CoinMarketCap.com; what do you folks think?

And keep up the amazing Innovation! Maybe soon my firm will be acquired, and then I can actually broaden out my interests and be more active on the forums :-)

Very good to see you again MiningHabit. Thank you for the support.

As much as we feel DNotes is undervalued at the moment, we realize that it may still take some time for everyone else to catch on. It should become more apparent by the time we release Alan's new book and form the new for profit company.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:32:03 PM

Just FYI, if DCEBrief goes offline tonight, we are just performing some maintenance upgrades. Also checking out an issue that won't allow you to post comments.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:43:52 PM

Some great advice I probably could have written myself Wink

http://www.coindesk.com/dont-listen-mainstream-media-bitcoin-blockchain/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:24:42 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 12:38:54 AM by Dyna

This is my favorite:

"Do people buy drugs with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Yep! That’s because it is money. People use digital money to buy goods just like they use paper cash. Paper cash, for the record, is still the most common way to buy such party goods."

That’s because it is money.

The best part of it is that, one day, DNotes will not only be equal to fiat currency in meeting the full functions of money, but it will be superior to fiat currency.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:22:48 AM

This is my favorite:

"Do people buy drugs with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Yep! That’s because it is money. People use digital money to buy goods just like they use paper cash. Paper cash, for the record, is still the most common way to buy such party goods."

The best part of it is that, one day, DNotes will not only be equal to fiat currency in meeting the full functions of money, but it will be superior to fiat currency.

I personally think the way DNotes is structured will make it superior to all cryptocurrencies in the long run. This may not happen for 20 years, but it's become very apparent that loyal DNotes supporters are in this for the long haul, not for instant gratification. New technology can be replicated, timing and quality leadership are traits that only come with years of experience.

Alan has been in business for 40 years! The majority of our industry wasn't even alive when Alan Yong's company developed one of the computer industry's first palmtop computers.

I have complete faith in DNotes and feel that this is a great time to buy (even though everyone says that about their currency). I also think this low price is a great way to shed weak hands, taking away control from those who don't truly believe in DNotes' core mission, and who may have a larger impact at higher prices.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:16:09 AM

This is my favorite:

I personally think the way DNotes is structured will make it superior to all cryptocurrencies in the long run. This may not happen for 20 years, but it's become very apparent that loyal DNotes supporters are in this for the long haul, not for instant gratification. New technology can be replicated, timing and quality leadership are traits that only come with years of experience.

Alan has been in business for 40 years! The majority of our industry wasn't even alive when Alan Yong's company developed one of the computer industry's first palmtop computers.

I have complete faith in DNotes and feel that this is a great time to buy (even though everyone says that about their currency). I also think this low price is a great way to shed weak hands, taking away control from those who don't truly believe in DNotes' core mission, and who may have a larger impact at higher prices.

Thank you CryptoBroker, it will take some time, but we anticipate in the next year or so we should be able to realize some level of growing success. We have to move slowly in order to not sacrifice the long term goals by taking on large investment early. However, there are exciting things with potential turning points just around the corner. I'm very excited to see where we are sitting by the end of 2016 and early 2017.

CeEichler

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:52:16 AM

Hi There,

I'm from down under in New Zealand and new to the forum.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the wonderful world of cryptocurrency.

C.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:04:41 PM

This is my favorite:

I too am often drawn to projects or people who have experience. Often I choose experience (success) over knowledge, because the former normally implies the latter, but it does not always work the other way around.

Take for example you have two personal trainers who are going to help you look great for summer. One of them has several degrees and is full of knowledge, yet looks only marginally better than you. The other trains all the time and is currently exactly where you want to be. Which of these two people would you want to train you to achieve your goals? 

The good thing from what I can see in this project, is that business experience and knowledge come together with Alan and his tech pioneer days, and more recent successful business ventures with DNotes and Smokey. One must also have a lot of knowledge to be able to write an entire book on how to do business so that others can follow a successful model.

The core value of this project is in its community, ecosystem and the managements strategic judgement. These traits may not yet be factored into the price of DNotes at the exchange. There is a long road ahead. They soon will be. Where we are now does not matter so much as where we are heading.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:59:16 PM

Hi There,

I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the wonderful world of cryptocurrency.

C.

Welcome to DNotes, CeEichler and thanks for making your first stop here. There is certainly a lot to learn in the digital currency world. If you are a student, be sure to check out DNotesVault to get some free DNotes:http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-students.php

You may also want to visit DCEBrief to keep up with current events happening in our industry:  http://www.dcebrief.com/
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:08:36 PM

This post on the Devcoin thread by a long time holder and supporter of Devcoin does a great job of illustrating the great need for a truly ethical exchange. At this point exchanges are by definition centralized, although I know that there is work being done to create truly decentralized ones. Some primitive models include the NXT asset exchange and other asset exchanges on coin platforms that run on similar principles as NXT. At this point the decentralized ones still have their problems, but one central entity losing or stealing all the funds isn't one of them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg13702343#msg13702343
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:05:04 PM

http://dcebrief.com/op-ed-politics-money-and-wealth-inequality-how-fiat-money-and-the-political-system-entrench-wealth-inequality-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:09:03 PM

Hi There,

C.

Welcome to DNotes, CeEichler and thanks for making your first stop here. There is certainly a lot to learn in the digital currency world. If you are a student, be sure to check out DNotesVault to get some free DNotes:http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-students.php

You may also want to visit DCEBrief to keep up with current events happening in our industry:  http://www.dcebrief.com/

Welcome CeEichler to the DNotes thread!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:32:08 PM

PayServices has their own thread on BitcoinTalk now. I encourage everyone to check it out and show our support from the DNotes community.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343724.new#new

Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: