Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 11:59:23 PM

Since I've never worked with a bot, I will wait at least until the second round of testing.

No worries, I'll see if I can figure in for some extra protection functionality as well, to anticipate problems.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:43:40 AM

Some limited features available, namely using purchase by percentage of available bitcoin. Download
This would be a limited feature Alpha release, so very limited testing has been done. What is the risk?
As long as this is run on a separate PoloniEx account, with limited funds in it, and you do not set the API keys to allow withdrawing (by default withdrawing is disabled), then the risk is probably limited to over purchasing DNotes if the application misbehaves. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

How do I set it up?
-Register a brand new PoloniEx account.
-Once logged into your new PoloniEx account, click the wrench in the upper right hand corner and select API keys.
-Create New API key.
-Download and unzip the Accumulator.zip file to a folder.
-Open Accumulator.exe and enter your API key and Secret, then click save API keys.
-Deposit whatever amount of BTC into your new PoloniEx account that you are looking to purchase DNotes with.
-Wait for the BTC to confirm. Then you can adjust your bot settings and click the Start Bot button.

Some notes:
The application breaks the purchases into hourly amounts. If the bot already purchased too much, it will wait an hour before re-calculating.
Time is set to UTC time, to match PoloniEx.
It does require DotNet 4.5 or higher. If it doesn't work, you will likely need to update DotNet.
I won't be providing Mac or Linux versions in the near future, if there is a demand at a later point, we will definitely consider creating them or offloading to a trading bot developer.
I am releasing this with limited functionality to give the community an opportunity see how it works and comment.

Great instuctions - I've got it set up!  Smiley

Using the 'Purchase DNotes using __% of your total BTC per day' - just to be sure... I gather this means they are purchased on a declining balance method??

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Some limited features available, namely using purchase by percentage of available bitcoin. Download
This would be a limited feature Alpha release, so very limited testing has been done. What is the risk?
As long as this is run on a separate PoloniEx account, with limited funds in it, and you do not set the API keys to allow withdrawing (by default withdrawing is disabled), then the risk is probably limited to over purchasing DNotes if the application misbehaves. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

How do I set it up?
-Register a brand new PoloniEx account.
-Once logged into your new PoloniEx account, click the wrench in the upper right hand corner and select API keys.
-Create New API key.
-Download and unzip the Accumulator.zip file to a folder.
-Open Accumulator.exe and enter your API key and Secret, then click save API keys.
-Deposit whatever amount of BTC into your new PoloniEx account that you are looking to purchase DNotes with.
-Wait for the BTC to confirm. Then you can adjust your bot settings and click the Start Bot button.

Some notes:
The application breaks the purchases into hourly amounts. If the bot already purchased too much, it will wait an hour before re-calculating.
Time is set to UTC time, to match PoloniEx.
It does require DotNet 4.5 or higher. If it doesn't work, you will likely need to update DotNet.
I won't be providing Mac or Linux versions in the near future, if there is a demand at a later point, we will definitely consider creating them or offloading to a trading bot developer.
I am releasing this with limited functionality to give the community an opportunity see how it works and comment.

Great instuctions - I've got it set up!  Smiley

Using the 'Purchase DNotes using __% of your total BTC per day' - just to be sure... I gather this means they are purchased on a declining balance method??

Good, glad it all made sense.

Yep, your balance will decline slowly.
I forgot to mention, if it can't purchase the minimum it just won't post buy orders. The minimum order is 0.00011 BTC.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

http://dcebrief.com/how-the-technology-behind-bitcoin-could-provide-a-tech-revolution-for-the-fire-service/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:00:34 PM

Great article Brandon, very thought provoking!

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:33:39 PM

Thanks, I'm hoping this will pique the interest of firefighters around the world and encourage them to learn more about blockchain technology.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:23:05 PM

Thanks, I'm hoping this will pique the interest of firefighters around the world and encourage them to learn more about blockchain technology.

Excellent article. Is it posted on LinkedIn?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:09:27 PM

Pretty interesting article, Bitcoin as a Corporation. I don't foresee bitcoin becoming a corporation, but some of the arguments are interesting.

Bitcoin as a corporation makes sense. What is Bitcoin otherwise? A protocol? A community? These sorts of things do not exist in the legal framework. So, there must be some compromise.  When the anatomy of an online creation community is dissected, what’s left to behold is a organizational type structure that reflects the modern institution. The question, then, is simple: Is Bitcoin most like a government, a private corporation, a non-profit or a church? This might be the sort of things discussed in a court of law. Of course, the final decision might have implications for Bitcoin development and users.

Now, forget Bitcoin. Let’s look at some Bitcoin 2.0 technologies. In particular, Ethereum. Ethereum took on nearly $20 million worth of bitcoins in a pre-sale. Ethereum does not consider itself a corporation. But, if it were, what it did in terms of the pre-sale is akin to an unregistered stock issuance.

Ethereum developers and community, similar to Bitcoin, considers the project an online creation community, not a corporation. But, having taken on $20 million, new stakes are raised for the Ethereum development team. If their vision fails, and many people lose their investment, law enforcement investigations could ensue.

In the coming years, how the definition of Bitcoin evolves could have wide-ranging legal implications for the technology and its users.

Because protocols, nor online creation communities, fall under heretofore existing regulatory frameworks, a ruling maybe in order to regulate Bitcoin beyond its currency, property and commodity attributes, and regulate it as an entity.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:17:02 PM

Interesting short article on adding Altcoins to Bitcoin ATMs. I am definitely in favor of this. Even though there would be little trading or usage at first, it would offer exposure to coins such as NOTE to curious users and those on the "fringe"

http://cointelegraph.com/news/should-btm-companies-offer-altcoins-in-their-atms 

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:28:36 PM

Interesting short article on adding Altcoins to Bitcoin ATMs. I am definitely in favor of this. Even though there would be little trading or usage at first, it would offer exposure to coins such as NOTE to curious users and those on the "fringe"

http://cointelegraph.com/news/should-btm-companies-offer-altcoins-in-their-atms 

I think you are right, that could certainly make it much easier for folks to get involved, and not just in bitcoin. We'll have to add this to the DC recap.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:47:16 PM

Sure is. It can also be found on www.ff4dc.com
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 10:58:14 PM

P.S. http://www.firerescue1.com/ asked if they could re-publish your article with credit. So we may see your article there soon as well. I'm sure it will reach a lot of the right people for it there.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 11:04:43 PM

Just got off a call with Tim and his friend who as an active trader and well versed in bots. Thank you by the way Daniel, and Tim for setting it up. Although the Cryptocurrency markets are unlike any others, we were able to pick up a few things that could be of interest for our bot building program. They may require more advanced calculations, like CryptoBroker mentioned about the bands and x day moving average, but the bot building program can evolve over time and hopefully we can build useful tools for everyone while helping to meet DNotes long term goals.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:11:28 PM

P.S. http://www.firerescue1.com/ asked if they could re-publish your article with credit. So we may see your article there soon as well. I'm sure it will reach a lot of the right people for it there.

That would be excellent, I've been a big fan of FireRescue1 for many years.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:56:09 AM

That would be excellent, I've been a big fan of FireRescue1 for many years.

Good job, Brandon.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:51:25 AM

Just got off a call with Tim and his friend who as an active trader and well versed in bots. Thank you by the way Daniel, and Tim for setting it up. Although the Cryptocurrency markets are unlike any others, we were able to pick up a few things that could be of interest for our bot building program. They may require more advanced calculations, like CryptoBroker mentioned about the bands and x day moving average, but the bot building program can evolve over time and hopefully we can build useful tools for everyone while helping to meet DNotes long term goals.

It may be ages before my mob gets into bot-trading, but it’s fine to see so much happening in this community. Got a bot. Got a book forthcoming. Got discussion about P2P. Got Cryptomoms humming along. So many other cryptocurrency communities seem a little lackluster at present.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:18:17 PM

It may be ages before my mob gets into bot-trading, but it’s fine to see so much happening in this community. Got a bot. Got a book forthcoming. Got discussion about P2P. Got Cryptomoms humming along. So many other cryptocurrency communities seem a little lackluster at present.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Mark, we thank you for your support, trust, and confidence in DNotes and its communities. Your brief description of what is going on at DNotes is a reflection of our of multiple missions and strategic executions of wide ranging objectives to accomplish numerous goals as we seek to accomplish our long term vision of DNotes mass acceptance as a trusted global digital currency that everyone worldwide can participate and be commonly accepted as a supplement to fiat currency.

It may be ages before my mob gets into bot-trading, but it’s fine to see so much happening in this community. Got a bot. Got a book forthcoming. Got discussion about P2P. Got Cryptomoms humming along. So many other cryptocurrency communities seem a little lackluster at present.” Mark

In view of our recognition that DNotes is participating in a massively disruptive and revolutionary technology, with world changing implications, we know that it is not easy for many people to understand or value what we are doing. Although the book is written to be a source of wisdom and inspiration for small business owners and startups, many readers will gain a significant understanding on why DNotes has been positioned and managed so differently. As we have said before – DNotes is managed as a business but not controlled as a business.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:06:26 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 2-5-2016

Rebit Partners with Pawn Network Cebuana Lhillier.
Tesla Purchased with Bitcoin in Finland.
SatoshiPay Announces Bitcoin Online Content Monetization Network.
Bitcoin Group Misses Funding Goal.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-2-5-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:44:28 PM

This was an enjoyable read I bumped into this morning while browsing through the blockchain news, Why Bitcoin and Blockchain Are Just Getting Started.

Yes, there are significant technical and governance challenges for scaling bitcoin. The number of transactions the network can process today is far too low and the security and software development concentrated in too few hands. [...]

However, these challenges should be seen as symptoms of bitcoin’s amazing success to date rather than its imminent demise. In barely seven years of existence, bitcoin has moved from a fringe technology for libertarians and drug dealers to a commodity valued at over $5bn (with a 'B'), the basis of over $1bn in venture capital investment.[...]

Once you’ve seen the power of a peer-to-peer digital currency and permissionless payment network, it’s hard to unsee them. Bitcoin has opened our eyes and created new expectations for the ways we store and transfer value of all kinds.

While we believe in bitcoin specifically, we also see it as just one piece of a growing ecosystem of distributed systems, shared ledgers, and cryptographic technology which will have a profound impact on how we interact, transact, and communicate with each other.
[...]

Much like the evolution of the internet starting with TCP/IP protocols that have resulted in the web we use today, the revolutionary changes made possible by bitcoin and blockchain will likely take at least five to 10 years to begin to reach their potential.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:36:38 PM

This was an enjoyable read I bumped into this morning while browsing through the blockchain news, Why Bitcoin and Blockchain Are Just Getting Started.

Yes, there are significant technical and governance challenges for scaling bitcoin. The number of transactions the network can process today is far too low and the security and software development concentrated in too few hands. [...]

However, these challenges should be seen as symptoms of bitcoin’s amazing success to date rather than its imminent demise. In barely seven years of existence, bitcoin has moved from a fringe technology for libertarians and drug dealers to a commodity valued at over $5bn (with a 'B'), the basis of over $1bn in venture capital investment.[...]

Once you’ve seen the power of a peer-to-peer digital currency and permissionless payment network, it’s hard to unsee them. Bitcoin has opened our eyes and created new expectations for the ways we store and transfer value of all kinds.

While we believe in bitcoin specifically, we also see it as just one piece of a growing ecosystem of distributed systems, shared ledgers, and cryptographic technology which will have a profound impact on how we interact, transact, and communicate with each other.
[...]

Much like the evolution of the internet starting with TCP/IP protocols that have resulted in the web we use today, the revolutionary changes made possible by bitcoin and blockchain will likely take at least five to 10 years to begin to reach their potential.

Once you’ve seen the power of a peer-to-peer digital currency and permissionless payment network, it’s hard to unsee them.  I love this statement - it will make a great quote!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: