Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I quit smoking?  (Read 28484 times)
Sys.mrp

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:13:19 AM

Quitting smoking depends on your self. You cannot depend on third parties to help you quit smoke if your self does want the opposite.
RyanPruitt54

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:52:03 PM

Discipline is the only thing that can help you. Decision is all it takes.
bitmanialove

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:02:49 AM

Believe you can live ur life without smoking and try to do things that will keep u busy whenever you have urge to smoke  Grin
Tienquyendahn

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:25:36 AM

You should start watching video on negative effects of smoking. That's a good idea.
SplitBirb
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

🐦

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 08:03:57 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2019, 08:22:14 AM by SplitBirb

I had a friend that was having trouble quitting but she finally did it. She said what helped her the most is to stop hanging around with other smokers. Smokers tend to stay in groups to not feel guilty. It is all a mind game she said. Also don't try to ween off all of a sudden, you have to do it by steps. For example she used to smoke 1 pack a day and gradually reduced the amount. One thing I can say is my friend always had that smoking odor on her but now that she quit the smell is gone lol.  Smokers can't tell because they get used to the smell but they tend to have a strong odor that stays in clothing. Also best part is she noticed a drastic increase in extra money since buying them is expensive.  

🐦 Find me on Twitter @SplitBirb 🐦
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 10:00:50 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 02:52:30 AM by _Miracle

Read the bold for short hand

--------------------------------- The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr is an excellent book

Chantix (Varenicline)  or     Zyban -Wellbutrin (Bupropion)  
either one of those will typically require a prescription from a Dr. and it is a good idea to stay in touch with your Dr. while taking either of those because the side effects can be serious and while one of those might not work for you the other may.

My sister tried Chantix and said it made her feel "homicidal" (she is not a person that you would want feeling that way ;-)
Backround:
I started smoking at 13, was at a pack a day by 14, quit cold turkey when I got pregnant at 19 (wanting one almost every day) until I started again at age about age 21 (1992ish)
Became a 2 pack a day smoker for years after that + Cigars
Tried cutting down... never stuck, Nicotine patches(about 1997)...nope. After trying hypnosis somewhere around 2001 I decided that I would just stay a smoker.
Never mind the anti-smoking ads
Because “I’m not a quitter”----that’s what I used to tell my friends before they stopped telling me that I should quit---I enjoyed smoking.
2008 was a crap ass year for me---I was a California real estate broker (getting broker) with a teenage daughter to take care of and I needed surgery. Of course my Dr wanted me to stop smoking.
I didn’t think it would work but agreed to try it.

How I quit (twice lol :-):
Welbutrin 150 (extended release) I stopped on my quit date, walked out of a store a couple days later into a big puff of cigarette smoke and LOVED the smell but only had a slight craving that passed quickly. The side effect for me was that the drug also eased the stress of everything else. Quitting was easy. So easy that in 2011 after dating a smoker for 6 months I started smoking again and figured I would take Wellbutrin to quit…not easy… the 2nd time did not go as smoothly so I also read Allen Carrs book and decided that not being controlled by an addiction was better than smoking.
2012 was my quit date I never want to quit again (so I will not even smoke 1) but still enjoy the wafting of 2nd hand smoke from time to time.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 10:26:36 AM

I started practicing cigarettes since I was 9 years old. Regular smoking starts from the age of 12. Now I am 26 years old, I'm trying hard to give up smoking, but can not do  not? Can someone give me some good advice to quit smoking?

I am a smoker too back then, a heavy smoker as they say but gladly i was able to stop it due to the fact that somehow i have this in my mind for a long time that i believed i will stop smoking and it happens its like, its just a mind over matter thing. Just live a healthy life, do jogging every morning, it will help.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:37:04 PM

I started practicing cigarettes since I was 9 years old. Regular smoking starts from the age of 12. Now I am 26 years old, I'm trying hard to give up smoking, but can not do  not? Can someone give me some good advice to quit smoking?

You needed a vacation, anyway. So, let the Captain drop you off for a year, on a deserted island in the Pacific, with enough food and water, but no cigs. Try Suwarrow in the Cooke Island group - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suwarrow.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
clareyancey215

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:55:33 PM

All addictions can be overcome, you should commit with your self, and tell all of your friends you won't smoke anymore and you'll have to keep your promise.
M.trader

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:51:46 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2021, 03:19:07 PM by M.trader

what you can get from cigarate , any uses ??
NOTHING ....... just live happily in this world .
clareyancey215

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:56:22 PM

You should start watching video on negative effects of smoking. That's a good idea.
I agree, it's scary how your lungs look after you've been smoking for several years.
s0lidus

Activity: 921
Merit: 118

CryptoGames: Revamped Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 05:50:14 PM

Imagine how much money you could save in 6 months or a year.. Imagine what you can do with that money.. And since you are on bitcointalk forum: Imagine how much BTC you can buy instead of cigarettes. <- This might be a good motivation. You're still young with hopefully many years ahead, don't waste your money on smoking, that shit adds nothing positive to your life/health.

I see that 6 months have passed since you opened this topic, so I'd like to know what your current status is. Are you still smoking? Have you tried to quit?

vincepkr

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:39:19 AM

i smoked for 18 years but for the last 3 years, i only smoked one cigarette a day.

It was hard at first but limiting myself to 1 cigarette meant that i didnt have to give up the habit completely - in addition that 1 cigarette i had each day felt like a treat.

after 3 years of that, quitting completely was a lot easier for me.
roycerollz.
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 04:22:40 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 04:36:02 AM by roycerollz.

vaping

its a proven "healthier" alternative to cigarettes. when you vape no combustion is occurring unlike in the case of a cigarette. combustion of the tobacco, tar, additives in the cigarette creates smoke which contains carbon monoxide among other things. none of these things are produced when you vape. vaping allows us to give ourselves the small bit of nicotine we crave in a much healthier form than years ago. vaping can be a very easy transition from smoking to completely smoke/nicotine free. Also, e-liquid (the juice inside of vaping devices) unless you get it from some hole in the wall gas station or who knows where.. as long as your e-liquid is from a reputable distributor, rest assured it only contains Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, tiny amount of flavor extract for cooking (no high fructose corn syrup) and lastly nicotine. PG and VG are both food grade substances approved by the FDA. When the vapor mist is inhaled which is created by the heating of these substances, the lungs are able to absorb it and what is absorbed is execreted through your urine and sweat. Unlike the tar that builds up in your lungs from smoking cigarettes.. that doesnt go anywhere..

Vaping is not proven to be completely 100% SAFE! (however many UK based studies have been able to prove as high as 95% safer than cigarettes..) but regardless it is a much healthier option compared to smoking and it should prove far more easy for you to transition to being completely smoke free, compared to just quitting cigarettes cold turkey.
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:27:22 AM

Everyones moving to Juuls now to stop, not sure how effective that really is
maxou8524

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:03:00 AM

There is no easy way. Just stop for a week, try something new like going out. You could also try to dip instead of smoking.
Luce09

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:46:00 PM

Create yourself a motivation, go in for sports, or promise someone, afraid to break the word! And the best fight against smoking is your own awareness of how bad it is.
bivaetjetakoe

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 06:03:18 PM

Ask for help in the rehabilitation center
Biggle_Mike

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 07:20:23 PM

smoking is dangerous to health. you need to stop it. you can get your self the artificial cigarette known as E-cigarette. try it. it works perfectly well. also drink a lot of water as well.

QUARKCHAIN - Blockchain Sharding Technology
IS A FLEXIBLE, SCALABLE, AND USER-ORIENTED BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE.[ (https://quarkchain.io)
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 05:25:52 AM

Firstly if you have a habit to take tea then try to leave it and when you feel bad without taking tea and smoking then use Chuingum. I hope it will help you to quit smoking.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: