Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137218 times)
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:47:27 AM

is air.pitythepool.com coming back online?  or did my AIR get ganked from that pool...

Thats exactly what I was wondering.
motolight

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:28:09 PM

Alright, next question. What do you think the confirmations should be set to on our pool at air.carbonshark.com? Currently set at 20. Should we go lower.. maybe 15?  What do you think? I see that some are set to the default of 120. Pros/Cons for lower confirms?

You could go for 15, just to let us see the flow of coins Smiley Great pool, btw. Keep it up.
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:04:55 PM

Well... someone had to do it. So I emailed Cryptsy and asked them to add AIRcoin to their coin voting list https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

Cheesy

We should just let the Air Team do their thing. The success of the coin rests on a exchange that is compatible to the investment plan.

Getting the coin on any exchange prematurely will kill it.

Just be patient. I"ve been mining for a week and I do still need to recover the cost, but I know nothing will come out of it if we put it on the exchange now without a battle plan.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:06:12 PM

Btw. I don't consider Cryptsy a very reliable, professional and reputable exchange  Undecided

tic-tac-totoro

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:59:15 PM

is air.pitythepool.com coming back online?  or did my AIR get ganked from that pool...

+1
Tbone123

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:05:32 PM

+1

My miners still seem to be pulling from the pitythepool stratum server but I can't log onto the web page to actually see what's happening. I'm assuming I'm still mining AIR coin?

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:15:00 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 06:01:31 PM by Sprite160

Alright, next question. What do you think the confirmations should be set to on our pool at air.carbonshark.com? Currently set at 20. Should we go lower.. maybe 15?  What do you think? I see that some are set to the default of 120. Pros/Cons for lower confirms?

You could go for 15, just to let us see the flow of coins Smiley Great pool, btw. Keep it up.

I think 15 confirms is going to be our new number. I too like to see the coins flowing and I think 15 will be fine. The comment on the pool is appreciated. I haven't seen the pool have any issues so far, except one person had trouble with getting the confirmation e-mail when signing up. He sent me a message, and I took care of it.

I would hope any miners with an issue on air.carbonshark.com would let me know right away, so that it can be addressed.
Any miners looking for a pool, come on over. We will take care of you. I have noticed something, and I am not sure if it is coincidence or not, but, when a miner leaves with his/her hashpower, it seems that very soon after, we get 2 blocks in a row. I guess it could just be coincidence.

There was at least one other pool that acknowledged that they are not charging transaction fees on withdraws. Are any of the other pool operators following this or not. There are not supposed to be transaction fees with this coin.

Any questions or comments, drop me an e-mail. admin@carbonshark.com

Thanks again!

P.S. Has anyone ever used the invitations? Do you think I should offer a reward for invites that lead to new miners in the pool? If so, what would be a reasonable reward? .1, .2 AIR?

1% Mining Fee, PPLNS, VARDIFF

We need more miners in this pool

No Withdraw Fees

Come on in and join the mining. This coin is on it's way!!

esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:48:07 PM

hope this manages to get on an exchange soon. Need more hash
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:01:41 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:12:48 PM by TheMightyX

+1

My miners still seem to be pulling from the pitythepool stratum server but I can't log onto the web page to actually see what's happening. I'm assuming I'm still mining AIR coin?

Their front end hasn't worked for a long time now. If i were you, I would pull your workers.

Their Piratecoin site seems to be working fine.
http://www.pitythepool.com/
Contact form seems to be broken though.
Devs should have removed them from the OP as soon as they started having problems.
There goes all my air T_T
Should have set a low autopayout I guess.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

If this is listed on an exchange with a trading API multipools will rape it.
This coin has no protection from multipools.
It is going to be very hard for the devs to follow through with their plan if there is a constant downward pressure on the price.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

It is going to be very hard for the devs to follow through with their plan if there is a constant downward pressure on the price.

I think that the multipools will have less of an impact on price than they will on the AIR that the pools will be able to get.  There only be the same number of blocks per day, even if the multipools are mining. They will just make it harder for the rest of us not in a multipool to get coins.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:17:28 PM

As a miner, I'm quite content waiting a while to get on an exchange. Right now this coin is still flying under the radar, and the difficulty is low.
Now is the accumulation period. It's time to mine/buy while the difficulty/price is low.

+1

I dont know about you guys but I get about 6-8 aircoins/day at 2.3MHs. Isnt this just too low? Unless the coin is going to be at least $10 each this doesnt make economic sense at this moment in time. It is crazy that there are 1 billion to be mined, this may take foreeeever. Or am I missing something?

That sounds low. I've been getting around 9-10 AIR per MH, depending on difficulty of course. Where are you mining?
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

Sorry for the issues lately ith AIR.pitythepool.com

The AIR pool has been under intense DDOS attacks for over a week now, 6-12 hours per day.  They have been targeting the AIR pool specifically.  Yesterday it was finally large enough I had to have the firewall reject all requests to that host to conserve server resources.

I will bring the pool back online later today.  Everyone's coins are safe and cron jobs are still running, so if you had auto-payouts enabled you should have already received your coins.

Sorry again for the all the trouble.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

The AIR pool has been under intense DDOS attacks for over a week now, 6-12 hours per day.  They have been targeting the AIR pool specifically.  Yesterday it was finally large enough I had to have the firewall reject all requests to that host to conserve server resources.

I will bring the pool back online later today.  Everyone's coins are safe and cron jobs are still running, so if you had auto-payouts enabled you should have already received your coins.

Thanks for the update. To your credit, I've mined on a few of your pools and they've always seemed solid.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:33:26 PM

Thanks for the update. To your credit, I've mined on a few of your pools and they've always seemed solid.

I appreciate the kind words.  We have several DDOS mitigation techniques in place but unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to protect yourself 100%, depending on the type and size of the attack.  6-12 hours a day for a week is a good chunk of time for someone to point their bots at a site.  Someone really, really wanted that pool to go down.
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

We need better KGW implementation, some algoritm similar to what DarkCoin has - controlled by Moore's law, extremely efficient, effectively will rule multis out.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

We need better KGW implementation, some algoritm similar to what DarkCoin has - controlled by Moore's law, extremely efficient, effectively will rule multis out.

AGREE 100%

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:47:17 PM

I appreciate the kind words.  We have several DDOS mitigation techniques in place but unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to protect yourself 100%, depending on the type and size of the attack.  6-12 hours a day for a week is a good chunk of time for someone to point their bots at a site.  Someone really, really wanted that pool to go down.

Many thanks for the info!
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:49:26 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:03:46 AM by AIRcoin

In light of the sudden growth and immediate response, we are working on improving our internal structure and external image to suit the rapidly-expanding growth of the interest in the coin. This means that you can quickly expect, in the very near future, the following:

1. Website Redesign
2. New Logos and Images
3. A response and update to the original Whitepaper
4. Further improvements to the Wallet
5. Data and publications about AIRcoin's first week
6. Media coverage and QnA sessions
7. Improved forums, Reddit, and other social media.

Additionally, we have instituted a list of Qualified Exchanges. These are exchanges that we will support, offer our services to, and recommend that you, as users, push for AIRcoin's success on.

Qualified:
MintPal
MCXnow
Vicurex
Cryptsy*
Poloniex**

Non-Qualified
Bter
BTC-e
Coinmarket.io
All other exchanges not listed.

* A note regarding Cryptsy: While some users have expressed troubles with Cryptsy, it's interface in the last 4-6 weeks has improved dramatically, especially regarding trade latency. However, if withdrawal and deposit times become a major issue, then we will demote it to Non-qualified status. It is a very polarizing exchange, offering the best in some characteristics and the worst in others. Many other exchanges are preferable, but it is still worth AIRcoin pursuing.
** A note regarding Poloniex: Poloniex has a very low volume, and despite positive response from our users, would likely be unable to hold a majority of the trading on its own.

This is a living list, and will change as demands for the coin change. However, the general requirement for a Qualified exchange are:
1. Clean, fast interface
2. Acceptable API, excellent data and charts
3. A large volume and many altcoins to trade with/against
4. Reliability of Website (Uptime, speed, maintenence)

We now ask that you help pursue the campaigns for entering on these exchanges, starting with the highest priority exchanges (at the top of their respective lists) and moving to the lower ones. We hope by being discriminatory about which exchanges we use, we will help breed professionalism through competition between the exchanges.

I think that the multipools will have less of an impact on price than they will on the AIR that the pools will be able to get.  There only be the same number of blocks per day, even if the multipools are mining. They will just make it harder for the rest of us not in a multipool to get coins.

This is correct. Arguably, multipools will have a tendency to be indiscriminate about the coins they receive, meaning they will sell faster than regular pool miners' coins, but the difference is not significant because they are both indeed limited by the total blocks per day. The total inflation rate, much more than an individual pool's share of the distributed coins, is of far more concern (and is definitely taken care of in our calculations) to us.

The effect on the price is not a result of the algorithms or code behind it, but of the service built around the exchange. It seems odd to think in those terms, because most coins have absolutely no market services around them whatsoever, leaving the mining algorithms to be the sole bearer of price differentiation.

Devs, what made you pick regular scrypt over scrypt-n or scrypt-jane? I know you've thought heavily about the future roadmap of this coin, but wouldn't being ASIC-resistant be a plus?
totally agree

As outlined in a previous post (page 21) it was mostly due to simplicity. We wanted to focus our efforts improving how the coin was used, and if we could provide reasonable strength against inflation, ASICs would become significantly less of a concern. The original response is quoted below:

@Teamaircoin:

I'm not sure if this question already came up somewhere in the past 20 pages ... so: why didn't you choose some fancy algo or some POS ingredient to the asset? To keep things simple (in terms of avoiding POS) or to even attract ASICS in the near future?

Regards

Initially, simplicity. Our time and energy is spent on the economics of the coin, and we didn't feel that (at least at launch) the effort and complexity put forth in a POS system would have significantly improved the economics of the coin. Instituting such a system (especially if Scrypt ASICs move in faster than we anticipate, we believe we'll be able to adapt the code earlier) is not out of the question though.

In the longer term (months), adopting to a more environmentally-friendly or economically viable POS system may be advantageous.

Lastly, two bounties have been paid, one for developing the Block Explorer and one for aid in developing the Mac Wallet. No additional bounties will be distributed, and these two additions were critical for the support of the coin. We felt it was necessary to move faster with the development than attempt to take longer and design a block explorer in-house.

To address concerns regarding the block explorer, the 2,500,000 coins will now begin subdividing into their respective wallets to be distributed as-needed into exchanges and traders when ready. This redundancy (between 10 and 30 wallets containing the entire volume depending on how much is being traded at any given point) will give us some protection from any one wallet or trader going down or being compromised.

Any one find it funny that the aircoin team all has some sort of Greek related handles =P

The Five Core Team Members are:

Alexander - Leading development, Public Relations
Aether - Website design
Proteus - Wallet Coding, Customer Support
Theseus - Publication, Accounting, Records
Solomon - Trading, Funds Management

Each name represents a different mindset and approach to our development team, and is handled by the respective heads of their groups. The last account, AIRCOIN DEV O is used for general support and is not tied to any one individual or group of individuals in our team.
Tbone123

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:25:16 AM

Just requested they add AIRcoin to the voting page of potential coins in the Mintpal exchange.

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: