Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:39:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
AIRCOINDEV O

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Proteus?

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:54:04 PM

Have you looked at the ecoin wallet? Nice facelift to a wallet.

I've taken a look at it: this does seem like a few nice improvements were made!  For a quick, small wallet redesign, I would be happy to suggest this to Proteus, our lead Technical Developer.  We are currently supporting a project for an overhaul on Wallet GUI in general, however, and plan to implement our own wallet GUI in upcoming releases.  

MightyX, I want to thank you for your immense contribution to this thread with real discussion and water tight arguments.

I do NOT think you're a troll ( that's rediculous ) and I think that Alexander has failed miserably in addressing the concerns that you've raised. Since he's not seeing them as constructive feedback but as unreasonable attacks made by a cynic, he's proving to me that either :

A - the Aircoin team is naive and unfit to control the premine
B - the Aircoin team is malicious and preparing to scam us at the first sign that the value of the coin is not rising anymore.

Again, thanks for the awesome razor-sharp posts. I'll be bookmarking for future refference. May I ask what your background is ?

kind regards, J

PS I am a miner and hold a significant ammount of AIR. ( hah, that name is suddenly very fitting )

You appear to feel very strongly about this, telling from the bolded part of your post.  We have not switched positions on any of our stances since the beginning, and may you may now (due to concerns apparently brought up by MightyX that some posts before his/hers already covered) not agree with our original methodology.  Nothing about us has changed for the worst, but if you feel that we do not adequately express your interests (I believe you once thought we did) anymore, thank you for the time you have put into AIRcoin thus far, at the very least.  We stand by our position on the content of The Mighty X's posts.

"Let's make money out of AIR,".  - an AIRcoin user
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

MightyX, I want to thank you for your immense contribution to this thread with real discussion and water tight arguments.

I do NOT think you're a troll ( that's rediculous ) and I think that Alexander has failed miserably in addressing the concerns that you've raised. Since he's not seeing them as constructive feedback but as unreasonable attacks made by a cynic, he's proving to me that either :

B - the Aircoin team is malicious and preparing to scam us at the first sign that the value of the coin is not rising anymore.

Again, thanks for the awesome razor-sharp posts. I'll be bookmarking for future refference. May I ask what your background is ?

kind regards, J

PS I am a miner and hold a significant ammount of AIR. ( hah, that name is suddenly very fitting )

Your post is entirely correct in regards to the TheMightyX's original post, found here on page 20. We responded very quickly with one of the most detailed responses in this entire thread, and praised him for his criticism. In that case, he was not anything close to a troll, we considered his post constructive feedback. Whether his argument is "water tight" is, at that point, a matter of opinion, but we received praise from many posts about our informed response.

He then complimented the team and expressed his interest to buy AIRcoin in response, on page 21. At that time, he posted in the buy/sell thread looking to buy at the highest offer at that time. I feel that this demonstrates that our responses were sufficient, effective, and that he supported our currency strongly. He then added several good contributory posts here and here, close to page 28. The sun was shining and all was right with the world.

However, it was after this point, on the same page (page 28) that he made a post marking a sudden departure from his stance at the top of the page, now repeating the concerns we had previously answered (with answers he found satisfactory) in a more dramatic matter. This is certainly fine however, and his post was not inflammatory, if a little odd. When responded to by other members who doubted his position, he responded with a far more offensive post that demonstrated a clear breakdown of professionalism. That is here, and that is the sole post that our team found unacceptable. His other responses were fine. It is also notable that many users pointed out the issues in his post as well, examples here and here.

We responded handidly, aware that this sudden departure was potentially part of a smear tactic to drive prices down for him to purchase. It also demonstrated, very clearly, aspects about the community that were detrimental to the eventual legitimacy and respect of Cryptocurrency as a financial instrument. Simply put: we wanted the old TheMightyX back, before his sudden turn on page 28, and saw no benefit to providing again the same answer that he found satisfying before.

His response to ours, a double-post that continued his unusual formatting (which was not present in his original, awesome post) entered theoretical argument, and did not, again express real concerns that were not in his original post that we provided a satisfactory answer to on page 21. It was both unprofessional and potentially misinforming to other members of the community. Insults were shared between him and another user and our team revised our policy to responding to such situations, and attempted to contain the argument. We found that to be unacceptable.

Our final response, quite simply, explained that we were not going to discuss theories of human nature in attempt to answer questions that we had previously answered, from the same user who asked them originally. I realize now that it may have seemed that we were dismissive of his concerns, but as I hope this post conveys, we had, 8 pages earlier with the same user, addressed these issues, and now saw no benefit to discussion if it would spark continued argument, insult, and potentially damage the professionalism of the coin. That is our position.

We support our users and answer any questions they have that we can answer. However, it is not our place to answer questions regarding matters of personal opinion and theories about human nature, and once we have answered a question to the best of our ability, it is not our place to continually repeat the answer to the same user either, and both of those actions damage our ability to support other users.

I, personally, do not think TheMightyX is a troll. I think he is attempting to be a smart buyer. It is in his best interest to be as inflammatory as possible, as it can cause individual to sell their AIRcoin low enough that he can buy at an optimal price. If he returns, at any point, with new questions in the respectful style of his original post, then we are of course going to respond. I am not, however, going to claim that is the situation and I hold no ill will toward TheMightyX, we just cannot continue responding unless he has new concerns expressed in a professional manner. That's the situation, and I hope this puts light on the confusion.

It is perhaps a bit of irony that TheMightyX's problems with the team rely on human nature and notions of trust, but we believe that Trust, the most difficult complexity with a coin of this nature, is formed by the relationships between the users of a coin and the team behind it and such emotional criticisms only serve to make it more difficult for the users and team to trust each other. That relationship, as we have seen in the previous days, has its ups and downs. It is not so much that our team serve unquestionably all demands of the users, but that we can recognize when a relationship has become problematic for both the users and the coin. It is in our best interest not to do what is best for ourselves but for ourselves and our environment, and this means praising comments that are good (like TheMightyX's original post) and condemning comments that hurt the community (like TheMightyX's later posts). We do not want you to think that we make these decisions irrationally, but that we are trying to demonstrate as much of our ability to protect ourselves and our users from the damaging comments that coincide with pump and dump schemes. When someone identifies a coin they enjoy, it is in their best interest to trash it until the price is low enough they can buy in, and then allow it to return to normality. In a way, our treatment of these issues is a form of stabilization: we don't want a coin that can be damaged by words alone. And I think our actions demonstrates the importance of that issue.

But I can concede, our reaction's intent may not have come through in our post. However, as a development team we want to welcome TheMightyX with open arms to AIRcoin, and have no problem letting his concerns affect our actions (in fact, we HAVE revised our internal policies on transparency and how we deal with questions since, and he's taught us a bit in that regard) as long as it is in a mature, professional, supportive manner.

I may be its leader, but the users are AIRcoin's army. Powerful as you, the supporters are, as long as our development team can maintain peace and improvement, this coin can thrive. But we never dismiss any concern that we haven't worked at our fullest extent to use to improve ourselves.  If this does not satisfy you, if you question our motives or our intent, sit down with us. Send us a message. Post here directly to us asking questions. We are not Big Brother, we want to learn as much from the supporters of our coin as they do from us. But please be mature and as professional as we are about it, and we can then begin to trust each other more.

AIRcoin is only the beginning of an amazing transformation that is taking place in the financial industry. This can't happen if communication between our users and our staff breaks down. I repeat, it is in our best activities, both staff and users of AIRcoin, to do what is in our best interest and the best interest of the environment. That is how we will be respected and come to the financial world on tall, even standing. That is how we win.

- Alexander
rygamble

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:49:01 PM

Any word on why a large portion of the premine funds are moving?
gambitminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:58:00 PM

It seems that the core issues people have should be remedied once AIRcoin is on an exchange with a steady rate. Until that happens it's all theory and speculation for everybody.

That said, I think the entire community should focus on getting AIR onto one, agreed upon exchange (please no CryptoRush).
Also, promotion is greatly needed to grow the community and get people interested in the coin.
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:13:01 PM

Any word on why a large portion of the premine funds are moving?

Would you mine noting the blocks you observed (in the block explorer) where the funds are moving? We mentioned in a previous post (also in the buy/sell thread) that the premine amount is going to be subdivided into several wallets so as to add security and redundancy (to prevent a single hack from taking all of the amount, if such an event were to occur) and to aid the deposit of the amounts necessary for exchange rate regulation. As pointed earlier, 3200/A has been paid out in bounties from those premine amounts as well.

We have confirmed that our coin is approved on Poloniex, it is just a matter of us testing our API and systems first before opening for trade. MintPal and Cryptsy should follow soon after. So if you wish to focus your power to getting on an exchange, please vote in the campaigns at MintPal.

We have several promotion contacts ready to support our coin and a new whitepaper release, but we have them on standby. It's extremely important that we coordinate these events so that we optimize the release of the coin onto exchanges.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:16:56 PM

We have confirmed that our coin is approved on Poloniex, it is just a matter of us testing our API and systems first before opening for trade. MintPal and Cryptsy should follow soon after. So if you wish to focus your power to getting on an exchange, please vote in the campaigns at MintPal.
We have several promotion contacts ready to support our coin and a new whitepaper release, but we have them on standby. It's extremely important that we coordinate these events so that we optimize the release of the coin onto exchanges.

This is great news. Fasten your seat belts.
frillyozz

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:20:03 PM

Very interesting coin. I think I'll start supporting this Smiley
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:38:33 PM

Maybe, but so far I have 26.04 coins in past 12 hours .Maybe the variance will normalize. After 24-48hrs I will know for sure.

quote author=sussex link=topic=476383.msg5639545#msg5639545 date=1394541292]
Thank you for all your help. It was extremely helpful. Wallet compiled and I "think " I got Solo mining to work. Still waiting to find a block on 1 rig at 1600 kH. Should find approx 7 blocks/day

Although it was good practice for future releases, I think you have missed the solo boat with 1.6kh/s on this coin at this diff..

If you get 7 blocks, and you prolly won't, you will get 21.something coins - on a pool you can reasonably expect 27+ coins per day.

Join a pool, I've been using ctrlaltdefeated for days without problem.
[/quote]
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:45:34 PM

Alexander and the AIRcoin team have more than answered all the points raised in more detail than I could ever have asked for. If even 5% of the current cryptos had this kind of vision we would be in much better better place. Perhaps Doge or Panda is more your thing Smiley I suggest you sell you AIR as soon as possible. I will send you 0.1B for all the AIR you have via escrow. Since AIR is worth nothing, the qty of your AIRcoin is irrelevant and you should be up for the trade. Yes ?

kind regards, J

sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

Perhaps a re-think is in order?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:34:16 PM

This is one of the reasons we are still testing on Poloniex, and not launching immediately.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:36:02 AM

This is one of the reasons we are still testing on Poloniex, and not launching immediately.

I'm really suggesting that an exchange that has just been hacked is going to be in some turmoil and have a lot on their plate.

Busoni seems very honest and personable, but he may be out of his depth.
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:49:24 AM

I've been mining this off and on for a while..Hope it can hit an exchange soon becuase it feels like I'm currently mining at a pretty big loss.

I don't have faith in many coins but the dev's seem fully committed. Not sure why a couple of guys are having a go at them, They've clearly put 100x more thought into this coin than I've seen come out of the vast, vast majority of clones.

This community is crying out for new idea's but truth be told if the dev's can achieve their plan of having a steadily increasing exchange rate then I think that will attract alot of attention. We are all just greedy bastards after all  Grin
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:06:04 AM

awesome coin. love everything about it. the concept is sensational, well done!
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:16:37 AM

OKaypool not finding blocks or just a software glitch? last block found is 17865 and we are now at block 17899, so 34 blocks, that cant be right since this pool is doing more than half  total nethash.
mudshark79

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:35:02 AM

OKaypool not finding blocks or just a software glitch? last block found is 17865 and we are now at block 17899, so 34 blocks, that cant be right since this pool is doing more than half  total nethash.

Just the usual "very busy" for one hour calculating Rewards-glitch ... they love the thrill over there....
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:53:08 AM

yep..back to normal  Grin
nethyb

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:53:51 PM

Hi, willing to trade 2060 AIR for 2.06 BTC @ 0.001BTC/AIR

First person to publicly reply on the forum WINS.

Happy to trade in small increments such as the schedule below...

AIR   BTC
30   0.03
40   0.04
90   0.09
100   0.1
200   0.2
200   0.2
400   0.4
500   0.5
500   0.5

cheers,

nethyb.

Offer still stands - selling 2060 AIR for 2.06BTC - first to reply gets a bargain...
Alpinist

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:20:43 PM

Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.
scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:55:09 PM

Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

Yep, It's increasing rapidly since the announcement of the first confirmed exchange!

I feared this moment would come for a long time Sad Good bye 4.8 difficulty.

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co ! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !

Poloniex Moderator
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: