Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137228 times)
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

I think aircoin is missing the necessary miners community. They completely ignore miners and miners is what you need to get a healthy coin. They have a nice plan from investor's perspective but they completely ignore miners. I consider Blackcoin a better version of AIR, because they actually use all the mining power, to get a big pool of cash to control the market, instead of using premine. This is a BIG thing. I think blackcoin can be VERY successful. a collab between AIR and BC would probably be an extremely good coin as it has both good factors combined. BC could use the controlling market strategy of AIR. Look at BC's open beta pool. It has 150 miners already, and is still in CLOSED beta. Imagine 1000-2000 miners. The pool would have HUGE buying power and the price of BC will go up to the extreme. This pool keeps filling up nonstop and can keep the market super healthy. AIR's pool will eventually run out if they cannot increase the price.

Is this supposed to be funny? Miners kill coins. The more of them there are the worse it is.

Just take a quick look at all of those 1 satoshi and less coins. They were filled with miners talking about "community" and "long-term" and "publicity" and "exchanges" and "coinmarketcap".

Now, look at those same pages once the coin became listed and the miners had a few days to dump. Silence.

No more "community" talk or anything else. Like locusts, they came and stripped the coins of any hope. Once it was over they were on to the next coin.

if you think miners kill a coin you're extremely stupid. How can a coin be worth ANYTHING if there are no miners? And you clearly have no idea how blackcoin works.
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:21:00 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 04:36:06 PM by Turpomann

Blackcoin has been making up the loss from my Aircoin investment as of right now. Still going to hang on to my AIR for some time but I do feel bad for anyone that bought in Aircoin early like I did, 0.002 range, and didn't have another coin like Blackcoin to fall back on. I did purchase about half a bitcoin more air in the 0.0009 range to lower the overall per coin investment incase a small bump comes after the update.
Blackcoin is ultimate scamcoin. One week instamined pos coin. It's only meant for the crypto community. It has zero chance to get adopted in mainstream. First of all, isn't that quite racist name for a coin? All the blackpower racial shit on the bitcointalk thread? Among other things. Enjoy the hype while it lasts. Yes, I understand the multipool thing community has created for the buying pressure and stuff, but that don't make it legit coin. Yes, good profits for keepers, but don't expect adoption outside crypto community. Legit coin needs services and uses for the real world and that's the breaking point of Blackcoin.

Maybe some other coin with same concept will make it, but surely not Blackcoin.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:26:41 PM

if you think miners kill a coin you're extremely stupid. How can a coin be worth ANYTHING if there are no miners? And you clearly have no idea how blackcoin works.

There will always be miners as long as they can eke out a penny. But you can mention one or two success stories all you want. (Also, its very convenient that you chose BC as it was just pumped).

The truth is they are all there to sell the coin as soon as possible and to pretend otherwise is foolish.

Anyone who listens to a miners' advice about a coin is a moron. They own the coin, so they need others to buy it from them. Without buyers there is no coin. Look at the large and growing list of graveyard coins.

All of those miners of the dead coins were saying how great the coin was and that they were in it for the long-term and on and on and on. Where are they now?
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

Blackcoin has been making up the loss from my Aircoin investment as of right now. Still going to hang on to my AIR for some time but I do feel bad for anyone that bought in Aircoin early like I did, 0.002 range, and didn't have another coin like Blackcoin to fall back on. I did purchase about half a bitcoin more air in the 0.0009 range to lower the overall per coin investment incase a small bump comes after the update.
Blackcoin is ultimate scamcoin. One week instamined pos coin. It's only meant for the crypto community. It has zero chance to get adopted in mainstream. First of all, isn't that quite racist name for a coin? All the blackpower racial shit on the bitcointalk thread? Among other things. Enjoy the hype while it lasts. Yes, I understand the multipool thing community has created for the buying pressure and stuff, but that don't make it legit coin. Legit coin needs services and uses for the real world and that's the breaking point of Blackcoin.

I've read these same posts when Blackcoin was sitting at 500 sat, the price I bought in at, and right now it is borderline 5000 sat. The racism, instamined, community and use of the coin is beside the point. What is the point is I made a huge profit from Blackcoin and none on Aircoin which is what my post was referring to. You want to call it a scamcoin and place up posters at your local courthouse exclaiming it's a scam then so be it. No where in my post did I claim it was the next best thing to bitcoin. My post was Blackcoin = profit, Aircoin = still waiting. If anything my post makes claim to diversify your portfolio of coins to minimize any loss you incur from other coins that do not perform.
Turpomann

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:45:57 PM

Blackcoin is ultimate scamcoin. One week instamined pos coin. It's only meant for the crypto community. It has zero chance to get adopted in mainstream. First of all, isn't that quite racist name for a coin? All the blackpower racial shit on the bitcointalk thread? Among other things. Enjoy the hype while it lasts. Yes, I understand the multipool thing community has created for the buying pressure and stuff, but that don't make it legit coin. Legit coin needs services and uses for the real world and that's the breaking point of Blackcoin.

I've read these same posts when Blackcoin was sitting at 500 sat, the price I bought in at, and right now it is borderline 5000 sat. The racism, instamined, community and use of the coin is beside the point. What is the point is I made a huge profit from Blackcoin and none on Aircoin which is what my post was referring to. You want to call it a scamcoin and place up posters at your local courthouse exclaiming it's a scam then so be it. No where in my post did I claim it was the next best thing to bitcoin. My post was Blackcoin = profit, Aircoin = still waiting. If anything my post makes claim to diversify your portfolio of coins to minimize any loss you incur from other coins that do not perform.
Okay, I just stated my opinion. Excellent 10x profits for you, gongrats.  Smiley I have around 4000 coins too and I'm planning to sell them right about now.

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:41:59 PM

Here is what is going on with the coin, which the developers have basically pointed out already: their buying and selling algorithm acts to jumps ahead of the prevailing market bid and ask, when spreads are large, in order to narrow the spread. Go ahead and place a sell order right now at .0009 and within 30 seconds an order to sell AIR will appear ahead of your order at .0008999. I suspect this the AIRteam's algo working to narrow the spread. This is not a bad thing necessarily, and is basically how you make the coin stable.
Unfortunately, in the event of no volume (like now) you have very large drops downward because there is no demand to buy the coin and I suspect the AIRcoin Team is preferring their algo jump ahead of the ask price versus bid price because they are currently AIR-heavy and would prefer to be BTC-heavy. That last part is speculation on my part of course, but I see the top buy orders are NOT being jumped ahead right now and that is why this coin is exhibiting this slow waterfall decline. The legitimate buy orders, coming from buyers other than the AIRcoin Team algo, are far below the market and are unfortunately leading the downward trend.
Perhaps if they had the volume in the coin, like they've said they need, they could have a fantastically narrow spread by taking the inside of the market, and could then consistently make a ton of profits while also having their BTC coffers grow. That in turn would allow them to grow the coin's value. But right now the demand-side is just not there and that is unfortunately (another) rookie mistake on their behalf. The first two weeks they were busy getting miners hyped up for the coin's concept and the third week they were busy getting their algo going on their first exchange. Luckily they do now realize they have a problem and need to do something about getting demand going.
I'm not going to speculate on if the recent solutions will solve the demand side issues, however I do see now that their algo can indeed narrow the spreads (when its jumping ahead of both the bid AND ask) and earn the coin good returns.
I think one wise thing to do immediately would be for the AIRCoin team to apologize for their rookie mistakes, and show appreciation of AIRCoin holders who have stuck through these mistakes, by buying the coin back up to .0002 (or potentially even just stating that they will buy the coin back up) and then prove that they can stabilize the price there. By now the pent-up sellers should be gone. What you see now are panicky AIRCoin holders growing scared and angry and jumping ship at horrible prices (and the algo, for whatever reason, is basically nonexistent on the buy-side).

Anyhow I'll continue watching.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
av123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:57:25 PM

Here is what is going on with the coin, which the developers have basically pointed out already: their buying and selling algorithm acts to jumps ahead of the prevailing market bid and ask, when spreads are large, in order to narrow the spread. Go ahead and place a sell order right now at .0009 and within 30 seconds an order to sell AIR will appear ahead of your order at .0008999. I suspect this the AIRteam's algo working to narrow the spread. This is not a bad thing necessarily, and is basically how you make the coin stable.
Unfortunately, in the event of no volume (like now) you have very large drops downward because there is no demand to buy the coin and I suspect the AIRcoin Team is preferring their algo jump ahead of the ask price versus bid price because they are currently AIR-heavy and would prefer to be BTC-heavy. That last part is speculation on my part of course, but I see the top buy orders are NOT being jumped ahead right now and that is why this coin is exhibiting this slow waterfall decline. The legitimate buy orders, coming from buyers other than the AIRcoin Team algo, are far below the market and are unfortunately leading the downward trend.
Perhaps if they had the volume in the coin, like they've said they need, they could have a fantastically narrow spread by taking the inside of the market, and could then consistently make a ton of profits while also having their BTC coffers grow. That in turn would allow them to grow the coin's value. But right now the demand-side is just not there and that is unfortunately (another) rookie mistake on their behalf. The first two weeks they were busy getting miners hyped up for the coin's concept and the third week they were busy getting their algo going on their first exchange. Luckily they do now realize they have a problem and need to do something about getting demand going.
I'm not going to speculate on if the recent solutions will solve the demand side issues, however I do see now that their algo can indeed narrow the spreads (when its jumping ahead of both the bid AND ask) and earn the coin good returns.
I think one wise thing to do immediately would be for the AIRCoin team to apologize for their rookie mistakes, and show appreciation of AIRCoin holders who have stuck through these mistakes, by buying the coin back up to .0002 (or potentially even just stating that they will buy the coin back up) and then prove that they can stabilize the price there. By now the pent-up sellers should be gone. What you see now are panicky AIRCoin holders growing scared and angry and jumping ship at horrible prices (and the algo, for whatever reason, is basically nonexistent on the buy-side).

JL

Spot on analysis. You do your namesake proud.
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:13:25 PM

JL

Yes, yes, yes, but we already knew all of that.

Since that time they made some "big announcement" and haven't answered one question or made one comment.

They are apparently making licensing deals with other coins and profiting in that manner. Do those licensing revenues go to AIR coin holders. They claim in that same "big announcement" that they are not doing any other projects, so I am assuming that those profits go into AIR coin holders pockets -- right?

And as you well know, there are many other questions as a quick look back on the last few pages will show. Not to mention that they said that they would be in contact in the morning -- two days ago.

Everything that you wrote about above is why I bought the coin to begin with. What I want to know is what is going on right now.

Are these guys just a couple of college kids playing around in between beers and bongs? Or, well what exactly?
Turpomann

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:18:27 PM

10 internets for you sir, Jesse Livermore. Cool

Okay, seriously. They have put their University's name on the line here. They can't back out anymore. What do people think about University of Chicago if they fail to deliver? For the name sake of their University, they will do everything in their power to make Aircoin successful. That's the main reason I still support and believe in Aircoin's potential.

slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

JL

Yes, yes, yes, but we already knew all of that.

Since that time they made some "big announcement" and haven't answered one question or made one comment.

They are apparently making licensing deals with other coins and profiting in that manner. Do those licensing revenues go to AIR coin holders. They claim in that same "big announcement" that they are not doing any other projects, so I am assuming that those profits go into AIR coin holders pockets -- right?

And as you well know, there are many other questions as a quick look back on the last few pages will show. Not to mention that they said that they would be in contact in the morning -- two days ago.

Everything that you wrote about above is why I bought the coin to begin with. What I want to know is what is going on right now.

Are these guys just a couple of college kids playing around in between beers and bongs? Or, well what exactly?

I'm afraid these are the exact same shit devs you find in ideological coins like EAC. The devs started out with sweet words and fantastci claims. It came with sleek designs too. Heavy premine and claims of fairness or investment pools.

Slowly and steadily, they went silent. Many bag holders will support them out of necessity. They will label those who speak out as trolls. The coin will slowly sink when one of the devs will reappear and use hand waving vague bullshit language which some fanaticals will eat up.

Slowly, the coin will keep sinking and then some of the fanatics will slowly start getting impatient. The devs will come back again and try to maintain calm but will skillfully avoid any questions and will use vague rheotoric. You have to understand that they however have made their money's worth and could not be arsed about the coin anymore at which time people will desperately call for a community take over.

Truth is, there is no algorithm. The devs are anonymous and probably college kids who were out for a quick buck which was evidenced by conversations I had with 1 of them in the chat.
slyA

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:23:53 PM

10 internets for you sir, Jesse Livermore. Cool

Okay, seriously. They have put their University's name on the line here. They can't back out anymore. What do people think about University of Chicago if they fail to deliver? For the name sake of their University, they will do everything in their power to make Aircoin successful. That's the main reason I still support and believe in Aircoin's potential.

You are willfully naive its adorable. None of the devs have publicly identified themselves. You're telling me a picture of the chicago campus is all it takes to prove they are who they claim to be?

These are college kids man. If this coin fails like it has already begun to, you think anyone will blame the university? Nope. These guys are jokes in my opinion and giving them the benfit of the doubt cost me a lot of money.
Turpomann

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:33:52 PM

You are willfully naive its adorable. None of the devs have publicly identified themselves. You're telling me a picture of the chicago campus is all it takes to prove they are who they claim to be?

These are college kids man. If this coin fails like it has already begun to, you think anyone will blame the university? Nope. These guys are jokes in my opinion and giving them the benfit of the doubt cost me a lot of money.
It certainly is possibility too that we are scammed by couple college kids. It wouldn't be the first time. Anyone can walk up to University courtyard and post pictures. When you look at their posts, they use seemingly same kind of rhetoric. It's also odd that they disappear at will and are unwilling to answer questions anymore.  Huh

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

Finally a real picture of AIR Team at work!

slyA

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:50:44 PM

Finally a real picture of AIR Team at work!

Lol look at all those bitcoins and litecoins. So much capital.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:02:13 PM

AIRcoin Dev Team Headquarters...

Bueller????Bueller????Anybody?Huh

Sprite160

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:05:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Sprite160

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:08:06 PM

AIRcoin Dev Team Headquarters...

Bueller????Bueller????Anybody?Huh

Come on devs.... Is this your idea of communicating with us?  We need to hear from you... Where is the new wallet?Huh WTF??

Turpomann

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:16:51 PM

There must be someone in our community who's associated with University of Chicago someway. It would not need lot of detective work to find out if this is a scam or if they're legit.  Undecided

hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:20:52 PM

Grin Last communication was approx 15hrs not 2days ago. Please disregard anything from 'JTB' as anything resembling fact . Why lie, ....I could think of a few good reasons  Cool

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I intend on incrementing the version number, I just posted to let everyone know that I have tried compiling with incrementation and without.  Some Devs find not incrementing the version number to be a solution in a situation like this.

-- Proteus, Lead Technical Developer

But how will we know it is the "updated" version... if it does not indicate it.

So... It isn't up yet, or it is?

P.S. You can alter the sub-version, it should not impact anything internally... Thus all the decimal places and the sub-version "title text"...

Version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
New version: v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-charlie or gamma (That should not have any impact on anything internal)

Remember, not every user reads these forums... posting "new update" but not changing the version, makes them think they already have the new version.

Difficulty down to 10.498046875 (688K), so solo-mining is possible again.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

+1 Thank you for the maturity, on point, critical and well thought out logical points. I hope when AIR begins its inevitable rise certain posters who are no doubt still in their 20's try to be a little less active

JL

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: