Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:06:28 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 07:17:27 PM by ISAWHIM

So what is the new direction of this coin, or are we still headed DOWN the same path?

What is the marketing strategy?
(Surely anonymous user: "Herbsmoking", selling steam-codes on reddit, is not your only expected target source of a market.)
No offence to Herb intended. I am sure he is trying to earn an honest dollar.

Anything you can tell the investors?

No white-papers for this situation? No exit-strategy? No plan-B?

Bueler... Bueler... Bueler... Bueler...

Come on, you studied crypto-coins for "whole months" and "spent all your time coming up with theories"... I have been here for years mining and trading, and trading in general, for over two decades... Where is your business plan? Where is your portfolio? Where are your credentials? Where is your supporting sources? Where are your proven techniques?

As a community, we stand together. As a business, you stand behind us. As a regulator, you stand in front of us.

I am not seeing community or business footings in the wake of development here.

We can't promote nothing...
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

ISAWHIM, mate, has anyone told you that you are extremely long-winded? This is not literature class, you don't need to beat around the bush for entire paragraphs to show how good you are at writing in english...
Synthesis mate, learn to synthesize and go directly to the point, because ain't nobody got time to read entire essays just to answer to you...

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:41:53 PM

ISAWHIM, mate, has anyone told you that you are extremely long-winded? This is not literature class, you don't need to beat around the bush for entire paragraphs to show how good you are at writing in english...
Synthesis mate, learn to synthesize and go directly to the point, because ain't nobody got time to read entire essays just to answer to you...

Guilty... Tongue

That was the short versions... Want my white-papers? xD (It's not in a roll form.)

It's partly the piracetam's fault...
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:35:45 PM

I kind of like ISAWHIm rants, keep it going m8, I always learn something from you.
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

Yeah, no, I've been under 2400mg Piracetam + 500mg choline per day for the last 7 years, and I am not so long-winded...

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:03:04 AM

Yeah, no, I've been under 2400mg Piracetam + 500mg choline per day for the last 7 years, and I am not so long-winded...

+100 for the "Yeah, no..." reply. lol.

That will be our marketing!

AIRcoins, you know it is worth it, because FTW, you are limitless with Piracetam!

I'll start filling capsules, you guys print the labels, and AIRteam can be the pushers. Tongue

How about a pool-donation of other coins. We get AIRcoins for other coins from the devs/traders, and AIRteam practices the trading-engine on those coins, for BTC gains for the pool. (Thus, increasing our AIR value we got from the donation of other alts. Obviously by using some of those BTC to skim the bottom of the lows on AIR.)
caiyongab

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:35:38 AM

As I said above: X11 + DGW (Dark Gravity Wave, very fast retargets) + Cryptographic Anomaly-type rewards (higher difficulty = higher hashrate = lower rewards) would solve the issue completely for the time being, allowing the coin to recover. Smiley

No-one is hopping to an x11 coin in the first place. That is like saying "Snapping your fingers keeps dragons away".

Now that more junk coins are using x11, you will now see what hoppers do. (Those who can even get x11 to work. Which is not the majority.)

(higher difficulty = higher hashrate = lower rewards) You idiot, all coins do that now! That is part of the issue. The issue is that difference is exponentially decreasing rewards, which is too excessive for any form of stability. (Except in slow-growth, with a majority of steady-rising hashing-power. Which at the moment, and historically, has been ZERO of the coins.)

Anyways, enough with the crap about x11. If they want x11 then can make AIRx11coin, and call it A11Rcoin.

The KGW is fine, the formula just needs to be inverted to the way it reacts, and tuned to smaller time-spans. Which is essentially all DGW has done, and then renamed it, like it was some new invention.

At the moment, without a market, it doesn't matter if we make 0.1 coin a day or 500 coins a day. What matters is the actual issues that is PREVENTING a market from forming.

1: Premine excessive (Also not needed apparently.)
2: Interference with our direct value, by market manipulation on a market that doesn't exist yet.
3: Potential interference with our earnings as miners, by mining-reward manipulation without proposed limits to that manipulation.
4: Excessive low-valued holdings that can be sold below any new miners value at exponential gains. (That is every market though.)
5: Trust in "Anonymous strangers", who refuse to provide any proof of anything ever proposed. (Trade skills, Market skills, Economy skills, Identity)
6: Fear. (Silence in time of distress, failure to resolve, failure to produce, lack of intelligent reply, poor understanding of the reality behind the formulas they use, regulation without question, broken promises.)

Most of that is easy to wash away. Disclosure, Bots and PDF's won't fix any of that. Nor will x11.

You want me to write a full detailed proposal, for agreement of existing investment holders? I will be more than happy to setup a full formal proposal for step-by-step changes, for discussion, for acceptance with the intention of getting this coin off the floor and moving forward. You need a face, I have one to show. (I actually volunteered that as a service once before, in our skype chats, with AIRteam other investors.)

The only reason I am even still buying and mining, is because x11 was not introduced and there is still potential, and there is still time to achieve that potential. However, that window is closing, and no "marketing stunt" will reverse that in the current state the coin is in, with issues #1-#6 stated above.

Exactly what are you doing to "help your investment"? (x11 won't do shit for your investment if there is no-one to buy.)

P.S. Buy-orders BTC volume is down to 1 BTC now that I removed my BTC from the list. (It is still there, ready to snipe, just wanted to show you how much of a "not-me" market is there. Add the 1.5BTC that AIRteam has of yours, and that is still only 2.5BTC. How is x11 going to "solve" that? It will not. Nor will a bot. At the most, a bot can absorb the last 1BTC on the chart.)
  very good

Philippides

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:27:09 AM

Has anybody heard from the devs recently/received any updates with regard to the future direction of this coin? Is it safe to assume that the devs have already abandoned AIRcoin's 10 operating principles, particularly points 5,6 and 8 as seen in their original launch paper from February 19th?

"AIRcoin operates on 10 Principles.
1. No coins from the reserve will be given away without due service. This maintains the opening
and maintaining exchange rate.
2. Mining parameters will meet the needs of the market, not the other way around.
3. The reserve will be used to maintain the exchange rate through automated buy and sell orders
on qualifying exchanges.
4. The investing pool of 0.25% total coins, as it grows in size, will be used to increase the volume
and price of the buy orders, adding more and more to it daily as traders increase the volume.
5. Weekly data and newsletters regarding the progress of the coin will be published regularly to the public.
6. Transparency with the public, both in the workings of the Allied Investors Association and the technology of the coin, is paramount.
7. All new advances to the coin are to be reviewed, examined, and publicly available.
8. AIRcoin development team will act as ambassadors to the community and the financial world, and provide leadership and direction to the Cryptocurrency community.
9. Educating those who do not know about cryptocoins is far more effective than arguing with
those who do.
10. A code of conduct will be published by which these coins will be held to, under the knowledge
that financial regulation, innovation, or termination will arrive within a reasonably short period
of time."
now2ai8

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:40:11 AM

It is pretty simple.  The devs lied.  Don't expect much from them.  You are a fool to support these devs.  They abandoned ship the second there was any sign of trouble.  These devs are weak minded.  To top it all of, they still hold 2.5 mil coin.  They clearly cant take criticism either.  When things go bad, they run and hide behind their academics and avoid the real world. WEAK!
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:43:01 AM

Well Alexander was logged in at some point today so I assume they are reading this....It's getting really hard to continue holding my air..Not exactly how you should be treating "investors"
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:08:48 AM

If holding AIRcoin puts you at risk, or in a financially dangerous position for the next 2 weeks, then we wouldn't recommend that you continue trading it if you think you are going to lose BTC. However, if you still support the coin, it is in your best interest to hold whatever AIRcoin you still have while we're working on the next investment system.

..... We will not support the Bitcointalk thread or update it until we are finished with the next stage that we're working on.

They kind of asked us for 2 weeks, to finish what they are doing and they will NOT update this thread until is done.
I'm expecting some news around the 7th April (2 weeks), until then I'll  wait, after all patience is a virtue.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:13:46 AM

They said exactly what was happening.  Which also included this not being the hub of communication for the coin.  Which makes sense because the level of discourse on bitcointalk is abysmal.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:15:12 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 11:04:57 AM by ISAWHIM

If holding AIRcoin puts you at risk, or in a financially dangerous position for the next 2 weeks, then we wouldn't recommend that you continue trading it if you think you are going to lose BTC. However, if you still support the coin, it is in your best interest to hold whatever AIRcoin you still have while we're working on the next investment system.

..... We will not support the Bitcointalk thread or update it until we are finished with the next stage that we're working on.

They kind of asked us for 2 weeks, to finish what they are doing and they will NOT update this thread until is done.
I'm expecting some news around the 7th April (2 weeks), until then I'll  wait, after all patience is a virtue.

The "investment system", I hope to hell is not another bot that just trades against us on our own value. There is already one of those running on every coin, including this one still. I am tired of watching battle-bots.

However, since this is OUR investments, I think WE should be in on what "system" is being developed.

You won't support the thread... Well fuck you too! (No seriously, fuck you! This thread is the whole damn coin at the moment. You won't support US?)

Oh, the next stage... Which is? Getting diplomas? Falsifying records? Wait, I know, a giant AIRcoin giveaway, like the ones that keep DIEM value real high...

You see, as a business, as an investment manipulator, as a community, as humans, as honest individuals... You are failing at the moment.

Anyone who says, "trust me", then runs back to the shadows... Well, there is a reason they said "trust me" in the first place... Last time it was for "Big news that will change the world". (By the way, YOU don't decide what big news is, WE do. You decide it is NEWS, then WE decide that it is BIG. You can't say it is big news before anyone knows what it is. Everyone has big plans for every coin. Coins are already accepted by the US LAW. I can provide you with the IRS and supreme-court rulings, if you like. I have a copy directly from the IRS right here in my hands. My mother works for the IRS.)

We don't actually want to know what you are going to DO to the coin.

We are really looking to know that you won't DO anything to fuck it up.

At the moment, there is only about 82MHs of "trust", as "dedicated miners". (I have about 25% of my running rigs here. A modest 3.2MHs 3.9% of the AIRcoin network at the moment. However, I am only getting about 1/2 to 2/3 the expected reward, due to the horrible KGW implementation. I have returned the new card I ordered, BTW. I decided to use that money to get some ASIC's instead. To save some power-losses.)
aiesecliyang3

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:39:52 AM

Hello everyone:
   I want to notice that the nxt-e.com platform is quite a scammer exchange.They eat all the users' coin.Feel shame for them
   Please withdraw your coins soon,if you have coin there
   Wish you good luck,also tell your frieds dont play there any more.
Regards. Grin
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:13:02 AM

Great... Now we have spam-bots in here too... lol

As if the trade-bots were not enough to contend with.
smilecoin23

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:18:30 AM

I will pay attention to the site of those false,thanks for your work.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:49:05 PM

Search for AIRcoin on twitter , find an awesome iOS app called Aircoin for transferring BTC which released very recently. Good bye to this aircoin on google and twitter forever.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 06:54:43 PM by ISAWHIM

Search for AIRcoin on twitter , find an awesome iOS app called Aircoin for transferring BTC which released very recently. Good bye to this aircoin on google and twitter forever.

HINT: Marketing opportunity... Pay the dev of the APP to add AIRcoin to the app. So it does AIRcoin and BTC. Lets you kill two birds with one stone. Also makes it look like the dev has his own format of coin... Helps us both out!
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:02:19 PM

Hoping for new price stabalising system, X11[we'll be the 4th coin] and long term marketing plan. Expecting to hear from Dev's by Thursday.

And please no more anger ISAWHIM...its getting old  Grin
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:56:06 PM

Hoping for new price stabalising system, X11[we'll be the 4th coin] and long term marketing plan. Expecting to hear from Dev's by Thursday.

And please no more anger ISAWHIM...its getting old  Grin

Don't confuse my serious concern for anger... I am actually quite un-angry at the moment. I am buying-up AIR real cheap and mining the hell out of it, with great reward. Even at the "cut-throat" diff-levels.

To me, it doesn't matter what the price actually is, I make money up or down. Now losing money, due to the whole x11 thing, made me mad. The responses that the AIRteam had made didn't comfort me in the least. But I am over the loss of the card, and the words of the AIRteam are just words that cut into value more. (Makes the price lower for me to buy them. Win Win.)

I don't doubt that they are working on the coin. As in investor, I am concerned with the lack of "what we are actually working on". Which seems to be, by the wording, just another formula to feed the bot our BTC. (Or eat my BTC, since I seem to be one of the only ones filling the sell-orders.)

There is still a lot of coins left to eat.

I offered a solution, but no reply. (One that doesn't require x11 and is easy to implement. One that does what x11 claims, but it doesn't actually do. One that doesn't matter if the miners are GPU or ASIC. One that doesn't mind 10 miners or 10000's of miners. One that doesn't favor only the "first-come" crowds, but it still does favor them. One that reduces the "issue" with the huge premine, that apparently isn't needed anyways.)

The biggest concern I have, which is still a tiny concern... is this...

They have a farm pointed at the coin, or own a farm. They adjust the price high while they mine it, drive up the diff, leave, then knock the reward back down when it should be rising. Thus, giving them an even larger stock-pile of coins to trade against us, without touching the premine.

Second concern... Someone hijacks the "reward-adjustment" code, and sets our rewards uber-high, so they get a lot... or changes our reward to be near zero, to destroy the coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: