Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:05:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS  (Read 99154 times)
SomeRelax

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:28:07 PM

I still have PHO...but no market

it's in previous page
please just read the posts

PHO is down because I'm working on the system!!! Please don't spread fud!!!

PHO WILL BE BACK UP ALONG WITH A WHOLE NEW SYSTEM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:23:12 AM

No the difficulty retargeting system has not been changed !!

it seems you've changed the difficulty retarget from 20 blocks to 16
am i right?

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

Wtf is going on? Got blakeminer, set pool config to photon, changed gpu threads to one, and I'm happily hashing at 500 mh/s. When ever I quit tho, I press q, and it says "thread 0 disabled", screen turns off then is BSOD. Wtf? Also wallet does not work, no block source found. Will post conf files for wallet and cgminer later.

precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:28:31 PM

USING CORRECT MINER:
{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://photon1.blakecoin.com:3334",
      "user" : "precrime3.nigel",
      "pass" : "x"
   }
],

"intensity" : "11",
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"no-restart" : true,
"queue" : "3",
"scan-time" : "30",
"worksize" : "256",
"temp-hysteresis" : "4",
"blake256" : true,
"vectors" : "1",
"no-submit-stale": true,
"kernel-path" : "/"
"rpcport" : "8984"
}

wallet conf:
listen=1
    gen=0
    rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
    rpcuser=username
    rpcpassword=password
    rpcallowip=localhost
    rpcport=8984
    port=34556
    gen=0
    server=1
    daemon=1
    listen=1
    addnode=162.243.101.139
    addnode=72.23.74.166
    addnode=62.219.234.143
    addnode=78.26.209.208
    addnode=162.243.101.139
    addnode=77.121.61.203
    addnode=72.67.200.189
    addnode=107.170.78.146

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:20:11 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:34:43 PM by cinnamon_carter

Block chain height is currently 18161

It appears you have the correct nodes.

I have not tried bluedragons pool , i only solo mine.

Have never had any issue with the miner.

What operating system are you using ?
What gpu?
Are your drivers up to date ?

(updated just got home , network looks to be working well for me here is a photo of a block I hit earlier)

https://twitter.com/PhotonCoin/status/450398876747718656

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:08:27 AM

Updates on Photon.....

Merged mining is in development by BlueDragon747 and also by me on my own. I am probably far behind. I have never been much for mining in pools sticking to solo mining.

Last weekend I made 'test' sha coins to learn exactly how the merged mining of bitcoin and namecoin is done. I still have a lot to learn but it is coming together and once I understand that I will start to examine how this can be done with the Blake 256 algo.  Without getting too technical there are some specific differences between the algorithms. Since Blake Coin and Photon are in part based on Bitcoin but also rely on 'number crunching' which is totally different it is not as easy as cloning a coin !!

I also got the developers tools for bitcoin and litecoin mobile wallet development and have looked them over.  I think I could make a mobile wallet for a scrypt 1024 or sha 256d coin pretty easy right now although I have yet to do so with one of the many 'test' coins I run that have never been released to the public. Once again changing over to Blake 256 is another jump.

From looking over the various open source mobile wallets I see I will say they offer much less security than I realized and (I am speaking only for Android operating system here) a mobile wallet may be a 'battery drainer' to a certain extent.

We are in the early stages of building an independent blockchain and system with a different algorithm that has some actual technical advantages vs. the bitcoin sha 256d algo.  Nothing will probably ever replace bitcion but cryptocurrency is the future, there will be alternatives and I refuse to believe those alternatives will be something like doge which is very poorly designed in every way. 

Finally I am pleased to say that I have not had any direct contact with Atomic Exchange but it appears Photon is back open for trading vs. Litecoin --- A good match.

With the large block award Photon was designed to be a coin for everyone to mine and to last.  The large number of coins allows for future growth.

Blake Coin is much more rare so when I was making Photon I looked to the 'powers of two' and felt going big out of the box was the right way.

Also remember that with Blake Coin and Photon there are NO REDUCTIONS IN COIN AWARDS PLANNED EVER.

Some of us remember the 'glory days' of when bitcoin was 50 a block, at some point we will look back at when Litecoin was 50 a block ect......when bitcoin was 25 a block.....ect.....

Both Bluedragon747 and I agree that cutting the award in half for the people who get involved in the future is unfair.  I believe that by keeping the same block award in effect you are creating the best , fair long term distribution possible. By avoiding halving of awards in 2 , 4 or x years time no one can claim 'pyramid scheme' or 'only good for those who got in early'.

Photon has a dedicated developer (me) , a fair award system, and eventually will have all the other things that bitcion and litecoin currently have.

This is being done for everyone --- not to make me wealthy or famous.  With no premined coins I have to hash away for my coins the same as everyone else.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with me I am not seeking public attention as an individual, I like my privacy. I have declined invites to attend coin events in the past and unless my personal feelings about a lot of things change I will decline similar things in the future. This is not about me.

I will continue to update and maintain the coin and wallets and you should not expect Photon or even Blake Coin to be 'replacements' for bitcoin or litecoin instead consider them as long term viable alternatives. One thing that you can benefit from is the low difficulty of both coins now.  In the future it will be much higher, in particular if merged mining catches on and when new technology is developed.

Someone asked me in a private message that if difficulty were to go up on Photon a lot it would not be 'profitable' to mine.  Very true.  If you are looking for a coin to mine to 'exchange' into bitcoin or litecoin Photon is not for you. (At least not at present market demand and rates)   If you are looking to mine a coin that will have long term support, development  , and has real obvious advantages to other coins Photon (and Blake Coin) are excellent choices to mine and HOLD (not sell). 

Unless you run some type of large mining operation I am not telling you to mine Photon 24/7 but instead keep it in your mining schedule regularly.  If you have the patience (by this I mean a few years not a few months) for an alternative to what is currently available you may be glad you chose to mine. 

Stay tuned and please support Atomic LLC --- They are an American Company based out of New Jersey fully licensed and allow exchange of bitcoin and some other cryptocurrencies for American Dollars (with a verified account) and offer trading of many other currency pairs (NO VERIFICATION REQUIRED)  Another thing about Atomic is they have excellent security in place (read the reports on this don't take my word for it) AND they do not just list every coin out there..... Don't get me wrong I like to see everyone (well almost everyone's coin) get a chance to be traded at an exchange.  I notice Atomic is run honest.  I do not see 'junk' listed there for trading.  I do not see 'inflated volume' or 'bots' trading taking up positions so you can never get an order filled or executed.  Even if you want nothing to do with Photon after reading this you would be making a mistake to not include Atomic as an excellent place to conduct business that offers many choices and advantages you cannot get elsewhere.

Check out my coin Photon

ShXnot

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:29:25 AM

Hey @BlueDragon,
can you please increase the limit of auto payout in your pool?
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:00:52 AM

Blue Dragon the dev of Blake Coin was kind enough to set this pool up.

The auto payout's are set as they out of technical necessity.

Also a few people tried and one successfully robbed the pool , from my understanding.

Since BlueDragon said it was not that big a deal I left it go.

If I really wanted to I could probably trace those responsible for this little stunt.

Coin networks are not anonymous in any way although if you know what you are doing you can 'cloak' your identity a bit.....

Still, most people using the coin clients really don't know these things.......

I am letting them go this time........

Personally I prefere to solomine,  Believe me I am greatful to BlueDragon for running the pool at his own time and expense however
solo mining is always fun.  Give it a shot .......

Hey @BlueDragon,
can you please increase the limit of auto payout in your pool?

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:09:10 AM

ok sorry, i did not mean to offend.....

Check out my coin Photon

allcrypt

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:38:01 PM

Photon has been added to AllCrypt.com!

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:14:28 AM

Awesome , thanks I will get the main post updated, !!

Photon has been added to AllCrypt.com!

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:58:36 AM

Note ----- UPDATED SOURCE ON GITHUB AND NEW WINDOWS WALLET AVAILABLE NOW ------

This includes changes for 'merged mining' with Blake Coin and testing is almost done and ready to be rolled out to the masses.

Soon ..... you can mine Photon and it's parent coin Blake Coin at the SAME TIME.......NO SWITCHING......2 FOR 1.....

I also hear there are other Blake 256 coins in development that are being designed like Photon was to be 'merged mined' with Blake Coin.....

This is the future  !!!!

Right now (unless you are merge mining bitcoin and namecoin) you have to decide what you will mine and you have to pick a coin..........

There are auto switch pools but we all know the reasons why they are not perfect......

This is called the AUXPOW update of Photon with checkpoints added also since it adds the necessary code for 'Joining' with Blake Coin

-----When you install this new client back up your Photon wallet first and delete everything in your roaming folder except your wallet.dat file and you .conf file.........you must redownload the entire blockchain again with this new release but it moves quick --------------

Feel free to check out the updated source code on github

https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Here is your updated windows wallet

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0a8fd9cctyt8gw2/Photon+for+merged+mining+updated+april+21+2014+.7z

As soon as final testing on merged mining is complete more information will be posted for Photon and Blake Coin and Huh?

I would like to also add that NONE of this would be possible without the brilliant work of BlueDragon747 and his Blake256 Algo......

A few reminders........ as the developer of Photon I would like to point out.......

The Blake 256 algo has very strong advantages from a hardware standpoint and a 'speed' standpoint which are fully described in the op.

As more and more coins pop up all the time some people are now in a state of mass confusion as to 'what to mine' ... many coins are released that drop or halve awards in days or weeks.  Both Blake Coin and Photon were NOT designed this way.  So if you get in now early you benefit from lower difficulty.  For people who want to get involved several years from now the block awards are still going to pay out the same.  This is fair and not tilted to benefit 'a few' vs 'everyone'. 

Merged mining is an opportunity for coins to 'join forces' instead of being in competition for each others hash power which also makes the blockchains of each coin faster and harder to attack.  In the future people who can mine several coins at once are going to have a hard time going back to the alternatives that only allow them to mine one coin.   

Blake Coin and Photon are designed for long term use.  As time goes on weak coins may not survive. The alt coin world changes very very quickly.

Stability , reliable and honest developers, fair awards, fast with hardware advantages and excellent security are the future.

You can mine the blake 256 algo with a cpu, gpu , or fpga board.  ASIC technology is possible but not currently available.

I am not telling you to drop every other coin and ONLY mine Photon and Blake Coin.

I am telling you that we have long term plans to support these coins and you should include them in your mining regularly.

Please support the exchanges that offer Photon trading which are

Atomic Trade (who have recently expanded their lineup of coins)  https://www.atomic-trade.com/

AND

AllCrypt (who have many coins for trade also , impressive lineup) https://www.allcrypt.com/market

Check out my coin Photon

pamuc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:24:25 AM

@cinnamon_carter Thanks for your work. Still mining and mining...

Any hint how to setup/test the merged mining now?
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:28:47 AM

excellent question !!

the resource I am studying currently is here

https://github.com/cjdelisle/namecoin-qt/blob/master/contrib/merged-mine-proxy

any input from the pro's of mining out there would be welcome

I doubt anyone who knows about merged mining of bitcoin /namecoin /ix, io ect... will help since they don't want any competition however you never know

@cinnamon_carter Thanks for your work. Still mining and mining...

Any hint how to setup/test the merged mining now?

Check out my coin Photon

Scyntech

Activity: 349

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

need some nodes, wallet will not sync

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 04:40:24 AM

Photon is now listed here: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Photon

Please see the guide in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0 if you want to get your Twitter News to work!
Cheers

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 12:47:34 AM

85.25.223.7:10020
185.35.77.169:59666
107.170.78.146:35556
218.146.3.80:13032
162.243.101.139:35556
188.266.213.85:35556
146.185.135.24:35556
107.170.123.55:35556

Check out my coin Photon

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 01:49:37 AM

Thank you for the add !!

Checking your site out now !!

Photon is now listed here: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Photon

Please see the guide in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0 if you want to get your Twitter News to work!
Cheers

Check out my coin Photon

Scyntech

Activity: 349

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:20:54 AM

Thank you  Wink

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

no problem , hope you got connected ok

Thank you  Wink

Check out my coin Photon

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: