Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX  (Read 71590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:39:23 PM

I really like this coin.

Nice that the dev is pretty active.  Big bonus that an exchange is also looking at a coin like this so new.
not only active but interested to support the coin, the community etc. he is a professional.
I saw other devs who let the community mine the coin and as soon as the coin reached the exchanges, they sold billions of their coins, gained 30-35btc and left everyone (even without saying a goodbye)

O_o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sebalino

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:08:58 PM

This Version is the best ever lunch coin with future vision. Grin Grin Grin
I really like this coin so I will mine to the last V.

sebalino

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:18:44 PM

This coin deserves advertising on facebook. Grin Grin Grin
staycrypto (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Craftsman

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:11:54 AM

I really like this coin.

Nice that the dev is pretty active.  Big bonus that an exchange is also looking at a coin like this so new.
not only active but interested to support the coin, the community etc. he is a professional.
I saw other devs who let the community mine the coin and as soon as the coin reached the exchanges, they sold billions of their coins, gained 30-35btc and left everyone (even without saying a goodbye)
Yes, I want to see this grow nice and steady and stable.  I do one thing a day for content marketing - a post/tweet/etc., no hype just one thing a day, building slow steady growth.  I would like to see V on at least one major exchange, so that we get picked up on CoinMarketCap.com and CoinWarz.com.  We just need one so they can pull the data feed.  And then it can grow organically from there.

https://banknotes.versioncoin.com

I got the SSL certificate today and the paper wallet site is now setup with SSL.

V: VFvZNht5YRuKbENkbu4nG74w2MyjPB6Qty   VersionCoin.com  /r/version   @VersionCoin
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:24:41 AM

I have a few questions about paper wallets.
I get a sending and receiving address. after that I go to the qt wallet and send the coins to the receiving address of the paper wallet.
1. how do I send them later to my qt wallet or to someone else?
2. if the coins are on paper, can PoS still work? how?

O_o
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

This Version is the best ever lunch coin with future vision. Grin Grin Grin
I really like this coin so I will mine to the last V.

Ive been buying up what I can on www.nxt-e.com without causing a big spike in volume/price
Seefude

Activity: 196

We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:30:47 AM

so I've tried zeus and bitember, and it seems the pools are only accepting my 10 gh I am pointing there about 10% of the time. The rest of the time it is connecting to the pools, but nothing happens, no accepted shares, no HW, lots of rejects. It runs fine for about a few minutes before getting nothing but rejects for a long time, then gets another good minute or 2 and repeats. Is anyone else experiencing this? 10 gh for over 24 hours now and only 5 V...

edited for clarification and detail

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Crypto-trade.com - BTC/LTC/WDC/DGC/UTC Exchange
staycrypto (OP)

Crypto Craftsman

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:08:52 AM

I have a few questions about paper wallets.
I get a sending and receiving address. after that I go to the qt wallet and send the coins to the receiving address of the paper wallet.
1. how do I send them later to my qt wallet or to someone else?
2. if the coins are on paper, can PoS still work? how?
1. to spend them, you import the private key into your wallet using this command in the console:
Code:
importprivkey <privkey> [label] [rescan=true]

2. Yes, because it is based on coin age.  The next time you import some coins and run the wallet and let it mint, it will process it.  Also this thread may answer some more questions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.20

V: VFvZNht5YRuKbENkbu4nG74w2MyjPB6Qty   VersionCoin.com  /r/version   @VersionCoin
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:05:20 PM

i will hold it until reach 0.00x Smiley
Buyers just lowball right now.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
wickedsick

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

ill hold until 0.x  Roll Eyes
midnight_rgs

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:29:13 PM

ill hold until 0.x  Roll Eyes

Agree

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
baddw

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:53:27 PM

so I've tried zeus and bitember, and it seems the pools are only accepting my 10 gh I am pointing there about 10% of the time. The rest of the time it is connecting to the pools, but nothing happens, no accepted shares, no HW, lots of rejects. It runs fine for about a few minutes before getting nothing but rejects for a long time, then gets another good minute or 2 and repeats. Is anyone else experiencing this? 10 gh for over 24 hours now and only 5 V...

Unfortunately, that seems fairly typical.

This coin has 20-second blocks.  That's pretty fast.  Your miner might not find a share before the next block comes up.  It happened to me all the time even with 300GH.  My output would just read: New block detected ... new block detected ... new block detected ... no found shares or anything.  However, sometimes I would find good shares, and a good proportion of those were actually block solutions.

Try adding --no-submit-stale to reduce your reject rate.  A stale share is a share found on an old block.  Submitting them is pointless and they will be rejected by the pool.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
Seefude

Activity: 196

We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

Unfortunately, that seems fairly typical.

This coin has 20-second blocks.  That's pretty fast.  Your miner might not find a share before the next block comes up.  It happened to me all the time even with 300GH.  My output would just read: New block detected ... new block detected ... new block detected ... no found shares or anything.  However, sometimes I would find good shares, and a good proportion of those were actually block solutions.

Try adding --no-submit-stale to reduce your reject rate.  A stale share is a share found on an old block.  Submitting them is pointless and they will be rejected by the pool.

I understand, but 90% of the time? It stays reject for HOURS.. something seems wrong

GoodCoin Founder, GoodFlop High Score = 40 (GOOD faucet that pays depending on your score!)
Crypto-trade.com - BTC/LTC/WDC/DGC/UTC Exchange
midnight_rgs

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:29:56 PM

Zeuspool it's ok?

My bfgminer running but in zeuspool my worker apeears offline....sometimes works, sometimes no...

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:42:28 PM

How long have all the pools been down?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:59:07 PM

which pools are down?

Anyway, let's take some time and see things from the pool's software perspective.

How can the pool know that a miner software is online and is mining?
There is no session opened, there is no clicking on web pages, no refreshing... All the pool knows is when the miner finds a possible solution and sends the PoW packet to stratum server. Then stratum server communicates with the wallet and checks if the hash is accepted (which means a solution, which means a block) or rejected (which means give the miner-worker another set of work to solve).

As long as the miner keeps sending possible solutions to the time interval stratum wants, then pool's software shows the worker with online status. The hashrate of the worker is also calculated (and is never accurate - that's why you should always trust the hashrate reported by your miner software and not by the pool) according to the difficulty of the solution provided, related to the time it took for the miner to solve it. All possible solutions are saved to the db and are used for share calculation (which means how much a miner has contributed towards finding a block).

Now, when a block is found, a new round begins for the pool. All previously submitted shares are removed from current (new) round. That means that until the miner sends a new PoW, it doesn't exist to the contribution of the new round calculations (no shares from the miner, miner appears offline).

I hope my lack of English didn't make my article hard to understand. I tried to explain things as simple as I could. If more clarification is needed, please do not hesitate to ask Smiley
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:12:06 PM

which pools are down?

Anyway, let's take some time and see things from the pool's software perspective.

How can the pool know that a miner software is online and is mining?
There is no session opened, there is no clicking on web pages, no refreshing... All the pool knows is when the miner finds a possible solution and sends the PoW packet to stratum server. Then stratum server communicates with the wallet and checks if the hash is accepted (which means a solution, which means a block) or rejected (which means give the miner-worker another set of work to solve).

As long as the miner keeps sending possible solutions to the time interval stratum wants, then pool's software shows the worker with online status. The hashrate of the worker is also calculated (and is never accurate - that's why you should always trust the hashrate reported by your miner software and not by the pool) according to the difficulty of the solution provided, related to the time it took for the miner to solve it. All possible solutions are saved to the db and are used for share calculation (which means how much a miner has contributed towards finding a block).

Now, when a block is found, a new round begins for the pool. All previously submitted shares are removed from current (new) round. That means that until the miner sends a new PoW, it doesn't exist to the contribution of the new round calculations (no shares from the miner, miner appears offline).

I hope my lack of English didn't make my article hard to understand. I tried to explain things as simple as I could. If more clarification is needed, please do not hesitate to ask Smiley

Well i was mining at bitember but ants are reporting the pool as dead. Thought about just switching to a new pool but none seem to be working.

How can the pool know if it is offline or not?
I am guessing by the same way i am coming to the conclusion that it is down? By visiting the website and seeing zero miners mining at 0 kh/s on every pool?

Althought as i typed this i checked to see and it seems zeus pool is back up. Hopefully others will follow.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
staycrypto (OP)

Crypto Craftsman

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:22:17 PM

Well i was mining at bitember but ants are reporting the pool as dead. Thought about just switching to a new pool but none seem to be working.

How can the pool know if it is offline or not?
I am guessing by the same way i am coming to the conclusion that it is down? By visiting the website and seeing zero miners mining at 0 kh/s on every pool?

Althought as i typed this i checked to see and it seems zeus pool is back up. Hopefully others will follow.
Bitember was doing some maintenance on their pool front ends this afternoon.  I've had my Antminer U-1's pointed at them as they seem to like the lower diff more, and they've been chugging along without any issues but the website/dashboard times out a lot.

noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:14:12 AM

Right now I mine alone at http://ver.sumpool.com/
Looks like it works OK. Confirmations come very slow for some reason and found blocks appear very late but for me it works much more stable than zeus.
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:19:07 AM

Right now I mine alone at http://ver.sumpool.com/
Looks like it works OK. Confirmations come very slow for some reason and found blocks appear very late but for me it works much more stable than zeus.
You mine alone and found blocks appear too late? I'm sure you understand that the amount of users is fundamentally connected to the pool's ability to stability and responsiveness, don't you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: