Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX  (Read 71590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
staycrypto (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Craftsman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

I have 16k in my wallet. It syncs till about 3.5k blocks everyday (my guess it is about what zeuspool makes each day). New wallets (0 mined) work just fine and syncs 100%. Frustrated. Looks like Dev is in Hibernation, or found fatal error.  Is this old wallet with all found blocks permanently lost ? Any ides what to do?

So..... Dev is on vacation. We'-got only one pool moving blocks (hanks Mimdfox). Old blocks are dead?
Dev lost job and is trying to start company in real life.

V: VFvZNht5YRuKbENkbu4nG74w2MyjPB6Qty   VersionCoin.com  /r/version   @VersionCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sebalino

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:38:44 PM

When will be done new version wallet?
Thanks
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:21:16 PM

I wish I could help, but probably not.

mindfox, have you been in contact with staycrypto?  Why hasn't staycrypto done anything to continue/fix development of Version?  It looks like he is working on Probe, but not Version?  (recent posts in Probe thread) Has he abandoned Version?
I have not abandoned Version but I am tied up with "real life" stuff e.g. job situation.  That said, if mindfox and crew want to put development resources/effort in and submit pull requests I will not turn them down as it only helps everybody.

I started going down a path that is, unfortunately, very time consuming.  The problem is because of our fork issue, there is kind of what you can think of like a "plug" trying to go through a pipe and clogging it up - which is a large chunk of orphaned chain that needs to be processed through and then things go on - but this processing consumes a huge amount of resources and brings the RPC interface etc. to its knees, which causes a big operational problem for the pools.  So, part of the solution is to get the codebase onto leveldb as it is still on bdb.  Unfortunately, this is not so simple to achieve.  There are also some threading improvements that could be made, etc.  One possible solution that may be easier, is to take a codebase that is already on leveldb with recent updates, and then port the Version coin parameters, difficulty algorithm, and block reward algorithm over into it.  This may prove faster to implement than bringing leveldb into the existing code base.

For normal users its not a blocking issue, but for pools who depend on high RPC throughput it is a problem.

Ok, thanks for the update.  So normal users can download 0.8.9.9 and it is all ok?  The forking issue is pretty much taken care of, but it's just a problem for pools to handle the processing?  There is no chance of a rollback at this point?  All users using 0.8.9.9 and re-syncing the chain from Block 1 will be on the same fork?

Good luck with the real world stuff.  I was jus getting a bit worried because you have not posted in this thread for over a week, and your last update didn't really make it clear that everything was working more-or-less as it should.  I thought we were all still waiting for a new release.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:48:26 PM

Willing to help, though not sure what i can do.  Fair warning, I have no coding skills.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
mindfox

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

mindfox, have you been in contact with staycrypto?  Why hasn't staycrypto done anything to continue/fix development of Version?  It looks like he is working on Probe, but not Version?  (recent posts in Probe thread) Has he abandoned Version?
I have not abandoned Version but I am tied up with "real life" stuff e.g. job situation.  That said, if mindfox and crew want to put development resources/effort in and submit pull requests I will not turn them down as it only helps everybody.

I started going down a path that is, unfortunately, very time consuming.  The problem is because of our fork issue, there is kind of what you can think of like a "plug" trying to go through a pipe and clogging it up - which is a large chunk of orphaned chain that needs to be processed through and then things go on - but this processing consumes a huge amount of resources and brings the RPC interface etc. to its knees, which causes a big operational problem for the pools.  So, part of the solution is to get the codebase onto leveldb as it is still on bdb.  Unfortunately, this is not so simple to achieve.  There are also some threading improvements that could be made, etc.  One possible solution that may be easier, is to take a codebase that is already on leveldb with recent updates, and then port the Version coin parameters, difficulty algorithm, and block reward algorithm over into it.  This may prove faster to implement than bringing leveldb into the existing code base.

For normal users its not a blocking issue, but for pools who depend on high RPC throughput it is a problem.

Ok, thanks for the update.  So normal users can download 0.8.9.9 and it is all ok?  The forking issue is pretty much taken care of, but it's just a problem for pools to handle the processing?  There is no chance of a rollback at this point?  All users using 0.8.9.9 and re-syncing the chain from Block 1 will be on the same fork?

Good luck with the real world stuff.  I was jus getting a bit worried because you have not posted in this thread for over a week, and your last update didn't really make it clear that everything was working more-or-less as it should.  I thought we were all still waiting for a new release.
I don't think you understand the significance of pools and what they serve.
Let's suppose that you have a solo-miner with 1 TH/s plus, hash power. Let's also suppose that your hash power is 10GH/s. What are your chances to get a single block, between you, the rest of solo miners of 10-100 GHs and the 1 THs miner?

Pools are delivering a service were even the smallest miner can participate and get a reward for his efforts. Pools is about increasing your chances of getting a reward for found blocks which in most circumstances you would have to wait for days, week, or even months, *if* you manage to get a block.

No pool is going to accept a coin that gets lots of resources, because resources costs too much ( a lot more than the fee they charge ).
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:41:17 PM

I don't think you understand the significance of pools and what they serve.
Let's suppose that you have a solo-miner with 1 TH/s plus, hash power. Let's also suppose that your hash power is 10GH/s. What are your chances to get a single block, between you, the rest of solo miners of 10-100 GHs and the 1 THs miner?

Pools are delivering a service were even the smallest miner can participate and get a reward for his efforts. Pools is about increasing your chances of getting a reward for found blocks which in most circumstances you would have to wait for days, week, or even months, *if* you manage to get a block.

No pool is going to accept a coin that gets lots of resources, because resources costs too much ( a lot more than the fee they charge ).

Oh no, I wasn't trying to minimize the significance of pools at all!  I have always used pools, for this coin and for others.  I was just saying that I wasn't clear, up to now, that the coin was functioning properly to the extent that it would even be worth mining (since I thought multiple forks still existed, and that it would be possible to mine on the wrong fork).

I realize that a problem for pools is a problem for everybody who cares about the coin, but I was waiting for a new wallet-update before I even started to mine or sync up the blockchain again.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:04:23 AM

By the way why some ppl say the wallet not working ?
My 2 pcs wallet is working fine now ??
Syncing with out a problem.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Blackblanco

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:14:13 AM

Hi...

was an early adopter of this coin when price was higher and bought a bunch.  Can someone please tell me if these coins on the exchange are safe or will they vanish if I try to transfer them because of issues?  I have been buying more but am a bit afraid to.  I haven't tried to transfer anything since I am on a mac.  Not a techie person over here, so thanks for any info you have. 

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
rich93

Activity: 595
Merit: 101

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:18:43 AM

Hi...

was an early adopter of this coin when price was higher and bought a bunch.  Can someone please tell me if these coins on the exchange are safe or will they vanish if I try to transfer them because of issues?  I have been buying more but am a bit afraid to.  I haven't tried to transfer anything since I am on a mac.  Not a techie person over here, so thanks for any info you have. 

I'm in the same boat.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

Pool is stable now,
Ppl still mining it hard.
So I will be one of the rare coin available.

Pool 6TH+ can't complain about that Smiley

1       anonymous    1,317,466,901    4,997.891
2       anonymous    999,868,387    3,793.062
3       anonymous    816,387,384    3,097.015
4       happy762    813,638,605    3,086.588
5       anonymous    771,032,529    2,924.959

top 5 ppl Smiley
So you better hold you coins.

Look at nxt-e
The price is start climbing up .

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:20:38 AM

Pool is stable now,

I think you just spoke too soon. The blocks found went from block 154370 then it goes to block 155031 with only orphans after block 155031.

canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:12:54 AM

I have 16k in my wallet. It syncs till about 3.5k blocks everyday (my guess it is about what zeuspool makes each day). New wallets (0 mined) work just fine and syncs 100%. Frustrated. Looks like Dev is in Hibernation, or found fatal error.  Is this old wallet with all found blocks permanently lost ? Any ides what to do?

My first guess:
If that 16k is 4000 blocks * 4V each then this could be your problem:
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control
Basically, if you have too many inputs in your wallet (more than a thousand), the proof-of-stake miner that is built into the wallet will use your entire cpu.
Encrypting your wallet will stop the proof-of-stake mining.  Then you can combine your V into larger chunks by sending it to a new address in amounts of say 50V.  Then you'd have 320 transaction inputs instead of 4000.  The proof-of-stake miner wouldn't use your whole cpu and the wallet would sync better.

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

My first guess:
Basically, if you have too many inputs in your wallet (more than a thousand), the proof-of-stake miner that is built into the wallet will use your entire cpu.
Encrypting your wallet will stop the proof-of-stake mining.  Then you can combine your V into larger chunks by sending it to a new address in amounts of say 50V.  Then you'd have 320 transaction inputs instead of 4000.  The proof-of-stake miner wouldn't use your whole cpu and the wallet would sync better.

Thanks, looks like you are right.
sin242

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:49:12 PM

My first guess:

Thanks for this.  It unjammed things for me.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
ralexvalex

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:04:26 PM

Good job guys. I just divided that wallet into 4 small ones 4k each. Now everything just burns. PoS just kicked in, LOL. Almost doubled all blocks. Damn, with difficulty at 13k, these all 4 wallets go to USBsticks and will see the light in 30 days. Looks like everything works from what I see, transferred all V's into different wallets + 1k to nxt-e. Still mining at ZeusPool  (thanks again Mindfox), although 100Gh just give me 1-2 V per hour, still ,these are mine. LOL.

P.S. Dev, please wait with KWG, looks like it works so far. Thanks
ralexvalex

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

I noticed one thing though, I had to turn of computer when there was 1.6Ths at network, almost 90% of PoS went to my wallet. Now there is 6.5THs I am getting about 10% of PoS. Please, big boys, move away for a sec....
bluetree1

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

I think this is a good investment, I will continue to pay close attention to your information

comm
ralexvalex

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

3 days ago price was 4 times lower. Any ideas why?
sebalino

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:35:10 PM

When will start mining at 40K block like you talking about? Shocked Shocked Shocked
I sell version on NXT and someone buying on higher price then I sold version?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
This coin seems to be great but you instamine 60000 blocks and to others tell that fork is broken and other ferry tails .When you sleep and your computers was running we wait for working pool .At this time you  generete 240000 coins.
Thanks for your development
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:42:06 PM

Anyone able to explain what is going on with POS?  Several thousand coins have drained out of my wallet and show no sign of returning.  Is it simply that blocks are moving very slowly now?

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

More than 80% of the coins in my wallet seem to have wandered off about 7 days ago.  They show "0 of 6 confirmations". Encrypting and re-synching has made no difference.  Are they lost?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: