Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:22:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX  (Read 71590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:16:45 PM

Selling 50k V@4k SAT. Looking to sell everything. No volumes on NXT-E to do that.
I'm interested, please check your PM.

...  Roll Eyes

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralexvalex

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:19:59 PM

What is going on? is it forking again?
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

No you just have to wait it out with your wallet, Patience....

I had to wait till my Mint by Stake Finally Confirmed aswell.
sx1234

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

Guess Zeuspool attempting to fix?  Says:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/v_zeuspool_com/include/jsonRPCClient.php on line 142 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/v_zeuspool_com/include/jsonRPCClient.php on line 142 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/v_zeuspool_com/include/jsonRPCClient.php on line 142

At top of screen now..

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:30:27 PM

No you just have to wait it out with your wallet, Patience....

I had to wait till my Mint by Stake Finally Confirmed aswell.

Yes. It looks like it might of been trying to sync up with the 'old' chain, before the newer consensus kicked in.

-banscore=<n>          Threshold for disconnecting misbehaving peers (default: 100)
 -bantime=<n>           Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)

Cool

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:30:33 PM

Actually I think I just jumped onto a Different Chain, Diff 0 (91.4kh/s)

Accepting so many I have my doubts its real....All Orphans...
ralexvalex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

Actually I think I just jumped onto a Different Chain, Diff 0 (91.4kh/s)

Accepting so many I have my doubts its real....All Orphans...

Happened to me 3 times  today. They just disappear and current block goes back to 53k.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:43:36 PM

So all my coins went to stake right about the time this for happened.  They're no longer in the wallet and didn't come back when i re-opened for minting, are they gone for good?

If those coins were coming from blocks with height number higher than the one that we restarted ( a few hours after the incident happened ), then yes, they are lost, as they were never meant to be created in the manner they did.

No, my original coins which were mined at launch, are gone.

Edit: For clarity, i mined 19 blocks at launch.  This was the last one

Have the exact same issue,

Had 1,804 mined from pools well before the problems started. My balance is now showing 0 following the update.

All of them are still in my ledger

sx1234

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

So all my coins went to stake right about the time this for happened.  They're no longer in the wallet and didn't come back when i re-opened for minting, are they gone for good?

If those coins were coming from blocks with height number higher than the one that we restarted ( a few hours after the incident happened ), then yes, they are lost, as they were never meant to be created in the manner they did.

No, my original coins which were mined at launch, are gone.

Edit: For clarity, i mined 19 blocks at launch.  This was the last one

Have the exact same issue,

Had 1,804 mined from pools well before the problems started. My balance is now showing 0 following the update.

All of them are still in my ledger

Not done downloading the chain yet, but looking at the wallet looks the same..  EXCEPT, it appears it's giving me credit for Stake..  But NONE of the mined coins are showing...

staycrypto (OP)

Activity: 70

Crypto Craftsman

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

Its a real shame that Version has had such a problematic start. It has real potential as a great store of value crypto.
It has been very frustrating.  Version was intended to be my prized coin.  I didn't sleep for many days and I lost my day job because of it.

Quote from: BitcoinFX
Looks as if the blocks are being harvested intentionally again.

Going to have to take a close look at the distribution to continue with this.

Anyone want to try a mod. of p2pool for Version and I'll run it on the nodes I posted above ?
It is not that they are being harvested intentionally, but we have to wait it out for the difficulty to come up to par again.

There were several nested issues as a result of the KGW algorithm:

1. When proof of stake kicked in and PoS blocks started to join the blockchain, the KGW function was not differentiating between PoW and PoS.  This was causing the moving average to get dragged down close to the minimum difficulty and the chain to look like it was "kicking over" into min diff repeatedly.

2. Once we solved that, the other issue is that KGW doesn't handle chain stops and starts.  What you wind up with is a very long time difference between the last block and the block before it, and it drags the difficulty down as well, like a time warp attack with a very long time warp.

So, I put in a switch to get us out of KGW and onto the "normal" calculation.  Its a simple formula with exponential adjustment, but it will take some time for the difficulty to ramp up to match the hashpower on the network.  In the short run it means orphans and the behavior you typically see with a brand new coin lanch, but in the long run it should result in a more stable chain for us.

V: VFvZNht5YRuKbENkbu4nG74w2MyjPB6Qty   VersionCoin.com  /r/version   @VersionCoin
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:51:08 PM

Its a real shame that Version has had such a problematic start. It has real potential as a great store of value crypto.
It has been very frustrating.  Version was intended to be my prized coin.  I didn't sleep for many days and I lost my day job because of it.

Anyone want to try a mod. of p2pool for Version and I'll run it on the nodes I posted above ?
It is not that they are being harvested intentionally, but we have to wait it out for the difficulty to come up to par again.

1. When proof of stake kicked in and PoS blocks started to join the blockchain, the KGW function was not differentiating between PoW and PoS.  This was causing the moving average to get dragged down close to the minimum difficulty and the chain to look like it was "kicking over" into min diff repeatedly.

2. Once we solved that, the other issue is that KGW doesn't handle chain stops and starts.  What you wind up with is a very long time difference between the last block and the block before it, and it drags the difficulty down as well, like a time warp attack with a very long time warp.

So, I put in a switch to get us out of KGW and onto the "normal" calculation.  Its a simple formula with exponential adjustment, but it will take some time for the difficulty to ramp up to match the hashpower on the network.  In the short run it means orphans and the behavior you typically see with a brand new coin lanch, but in the long run it should result in a more stable chain for us.
True, but there are other issues as well.
Get online so we can talk
ralexvalex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

So are these blocks we found till now real? Thanks
bittymymitty

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:58:51 PM

Sorry about your day job, hope things work out in the end.  This coin has great potential but seems to be plagued with issues, anyway to pull in dev resources from another PoS coin as a reference to get this guy back on track?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:32:27 PM

Indeed. Sorry to hear that you lost your job!

I'll keep my nodes up and watch the chain. Not sure that everything is 100% though, however the network does seem to be becoming more stable. Had to re-sync / restart a couple of times.

sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:45:35 PM

Everything i had mined last night is gone.  Not sure if i was somehow off on my own fork and it re-corrected or what may have happened
there.  Deleted and redownloaded the blocks just in case

Keep in mind in not bitching, just sharing info.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

Downloaded updated wallet and edited new conf

No luck  Angry

No sync
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:59:38 PM

Looks like there may need to be another updated wallet release soon ?

v0.8.9.9 appears to of caused a wallet compatibility issue.

ralexvalex

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:05:17 PM

Guys, which chain is correct? I got 70200 now.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

Guys, which chain is correct? I got 70200 now.

I have that chain on both of the nodes I posted with around 20 connections on each.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

Looks like there may need to be another updated wallet release soon ?

v0.8.9.9 appears to of caused a wallet compatibility issue.

I suspect you are correct.  I have not upgraded my wallet yet, nor have I opened my wallet since the problems arose a few days ago.

At the moment I am going to hold fire until we know exactly the position.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: