Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX  (Read 71590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:53:21 AM

mmm blockchain 164651 vs 222710  ?  something is not right.

Back everything up (and your wallet.dat twice!) and re-download the blockchain.

164651 is 2 days old... i think that blockchain is dead...
someone need to fix it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:17:50 AM

mmm blockchain 164651 vs 222710  ?  something is not right.

Back everything up (and your wallet.dat twice!) and re-download the blockchain.

someone need to fix it.

i think so, everything we do after 164651 wont be registered in the blockchain, so is useless mine, PoS or transfer funds until fixed

"addr" : "192.241.240.148:9988", (--------------------
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1397203032,
"lastrecv" : 1397203029,
"conntime" : 1397202994,
"version" : 70006,
"subver" : "/StayCrypto:0.8.9.9/Version:0.8.9.9(v0.8.9.9-vcoin-beta)/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"height" : 164651, (----------------------------------
"banscore" : 0

this is the problem imo
migello

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:57:22 AM

my guess or someone is trying to forcefully fork?
Mysy Jack

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:13:53 AM

Anyone able to shed any light on this?
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:01:30 PM

someone need to fix it.
The blockchain that each wallet holds is not something anyone can just "fix". What can be done is create a newer version of the wallet and instruct it to not accept connections from older version clients.

Soon (I can't give an exact date I'm afraid as this is a secondary project for me and there are lots of tests to be done), I will issue an update of the wallet. This update will be mandatory, in order to ban the wallets that are still open and don't have correct blockchain (most probably by forgotten nodes or massive PoS blocks that got rejected by the net), maintain the coin (like adding checkpoints) and hopefully a fix for the lag issues the wallet has, especially when it is minting PoS blocks.

For those who have trouble downloading the chain, first close your wallet completely and then go to the folder that has the version.conf file (for Windows that's %appdata%\version\version.conf and for Linux is /home/[username]/.version/versoin.conf) and first of all back it up (copy and paste for windows, cp version.conf version.conf.bak for linux) and then insert in the version.conf file the following directive:
Code:
connect=69.64.43.236
The above instructs your wallet to connect only with that IP and download the blockchain from it.
Once your wallet is fully synced, stop it and remove (or put a # in-front of) the connect directive and re-open your wallet.
tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:04:08 PM

someone need to fix it.
The blockchain that each wallet holds is not something anyone can just "fix". What can be done is create a newer version of the wallet and instruct it to not accept connections from older version clients.

Soon (I can't give an exact date I'm afraid as this is a secondary project for me and there are lots of tests to be done), I will issue an update of the wallet. This update will be mandatory, in order to ban the wallets that are still open and don't have correct blockchain (most probably by forgotten nodes or massive PoS blocks that got rejected by the net), maintain the coin (like adding checkpoints) and hopefully a fix for the lag issues the wallet has, especially when it is minting PoS blocks.

For those who have trouble downloading the chain, first close your wallet completely and then go to the folder that has the version.conf file (for Windows that's %appdata%\version\version.conf and for Linux is /home/[username]/.version/versoin.conf) and first of all back it up (copy and paste for windows, cp version.conf version.conf.bak for linux) and then insert in the version.conf file the following directive:
Code:
connect=69.64.43.236
The above instructs your wallet to connect only with that IP and download the blockchain from it.
Once your wallet is fully synced, stop it and remove (or put a # in-front of) the connect directive and re-open your wallet.

Will give it a try.Thanks for the guide.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:11:01 AM

someone need to fix it.

Code:
connect=69.64.43.236

Will give it a try.Thanks for the guide.
thanks!

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
migello

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:12:10 PM

almost all 2.500.000 coins are mined

good or bad?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:16:46 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 05:29:22 PM by TimC

almost all 2.500.000 coins are mined

good or bad?

Once it reaches the next halving at block 260,000 there will be 1,250,000 coins mined which is only half of the total supply. Currently on block 244431 so soon the rewards will drop down to 2 coins per block from the current 4 coins per block.

Block reward table:
25: 0-10,000
4.0: 10,001-260,000
2.0: 260,001-510,000
1.0: 510,001-760,000
0.5: 760,001-1,010,000
0.25: 1010001+

lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:46:12 PM

But still under value the coin Smiley

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:04:49 PM

But still under value the coin Smiley

We are the ones that should be doing something to make it have the real value this coin deserves.
Let's make some fuzz about it. V should be known via Facebook, Google+, Twitter, reddit, you name it Smiley

Let's build a strong community around this great coin.

I am trying to get us on another exchange and setup a giveaway there (won't reveal the name of the exchange yet) so that V gets more publicity.

Also, I would like to address to anyone that can donate some of their coins so we make some bounties for it.
What kind of bounties? Let's post our ideas.

For example:
  • New Logo
  • New Wallet theme
  • Media coverage
  • Posts on other crypto-currency related fora

Add to that, we discuss the amount of bounties and we gather the required coins.
I hope we will all contribute with whatever we can.
I'll donate 100 coins
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

Version added to c-cex.com exchange!

You can trade ver to BTC, USD:

https://c-cex.com/?p=ver-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=ver-usd

And any other coin we have (70+):

https://c-cex.com/?p=ver-ltc
https://c-cex.com/?p=ver-drk
https://c-cex.com/?p=ver-grc

Welcome and have a good trades!

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

That was fast Smiley

Let's get our wheels spin. It's up to us

Soon I'll be posting the new github address for it and soon after that (hopefully) the updated code with new wallets compiled
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:12:03 AM

Nice job MindFox. I can donate 10000V for faucets and promotions.
I have 330 items listed on eBay and was thinking about accepting V's for those.

I do like current design though. Can you also get hold of the website? I would really like paper wallet working. As I said, with that design these will go fast on eBay, getting a lot of popularity.
Block explorer is not functioning too. These are high priority things.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:29:00 AM

I do like current design though. Can you also get hold of the website? I would really like paper wallet working. As I said, with that design these will go fast on eBay, getting a lot of popularity.

Agreed, mindfox is doing a ton of work to support Version, and the community needs to do its part, if we want it to succeed.

I too can donate 10,000V.

Would be great to see other people pitching in, even if it is only to get an idea of who is still committed to the coin and interested to see it succeed.  If you are interested post here.

In my opinion the design is pretty good, but the colour scheme/style sheet needs cleaning up for the Windows wallet as the font isn't always readable.

Obviously the checkpoint message also needs fixing.

However, to my mind the most important issue is the PoS minting rate.  I feel there must be something wrong with the algorithm, but the current rate of PoS minting seems far too high.  I would actually prefer to see it removed entirely but would be happy to hear alternative views.
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:25:04 AM

If you accept V for payment.
People gonna to put their righ in Version at no time Smiley)

I can donate 500 V also.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

However, to my mind the most important issue is the PoS minting rate.  I feel there must be something wrong with the algorithm, but the current rate of PoS minting seems far too high.  I would actually prefer to see it removed entirely but would be happy to hear alternative views.

No need to remove it. This feature makes this coin quite unique. Yes, it's huge inflation generating loads of new coins, but is it really that bad? PoS coin generation can be easily absorbed by newcomers. But we need to make it clear to everyone - PoS is huge (I am getting 100% each 10-12 days I think). Do I want to  sell it with this rate? Not really. (see where demand kicks in?) As for eBay, market will always have buy-wall. Like now it's 171, I'll base my price on that.

We need more real stuff items listed somehow. Bit for bit is good of cause, but something tangible is way better.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:26:48 PM

However, to my mind the most important issue is the PoS minting rate.  I feel there must be something wrong with the algorithm, but the current rate of PoS minting seems far too high.  I would actually prefer to see it removed entirely but would be happy to hear alternative views.

No need to remove it. This feature makes this coin quite unique. Yes, it's huge inflation generating loads of new coins, but is it really that bad? PoS coin generation can be easily absorbed by newcomers. But we need to make it clear to everyone - PoS is huge (I am getting 100% each 10-12 days I think). Do I want to  sell it with this rate? Not really. (see where demand kicks in?) As for eBay, market will always have buy-wall. Like now it's 171, I'll base my price on that.

We need more real stuff items listed somehow. Bit for bit is good of cause, but something tangible is way better.

The reason I am concerned about the PoS minting rate is as follows:

1. The spec. in the OP is for 10% per annum, it is running well above that at the moment, so something is wrong

2. The coin is only meant to have 2.5 million coins total - does this include the PoS coins? Or rather is it meant to include them? If it is meant to include them, is the algorithm implemented correctly to ensure that?  If it is not meant to include them then see point 3.

3. With the low total number of coins I do not think this is really a transactional coin, rather, as the OP says it is a store of value; but who will invest in V on that basis if the number of coins is doubling every couple of weeks?

Given that I think if there is to be a PoS element (and other coins do have PoS) then it should be in the 1-3% per annum range at most.

In any event the algorithm needs to be reviewed and checked.

Again these are my views - what I really want see is people engaging with the thread and being part of the community.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:46:57 PM

I wish Happy Easter to everyone.

I haven't done anything yet as these days, family comes first.

I believe we can do great things with V so stay tuned. There are many ideas which needs discussion and I'm glad that there are V holders that want to support this. Hopefully more will join this effort.

I would also like to thank C-CEX Exchange for taking our coin into it's trade walls (which by the way we need to start filling, both sides Smiley )

migello

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:57:26 PM

i think 20/25% per week or 50% per month should be enough to keep from selling
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: