Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4319 times)
aleksnutis (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:51:17 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:57:46 AM

Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

This doesn't mean that you should spend your money everywhere without doing any research though. The projects must be rock solid with a good roadmap and a strong team otherwise It's not different then investing everything you have in one alt.
artemdubina88

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:01:59 AM

I use diversification in order not to be at a loss, to buy in my opinion the crime of coins and without fanaticism )
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:11:46 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

It depends a lot on your strategy but investing everything on a single coin/asset/stock can be a lot rewarding but you also risk to lose everything on a single trade. What I've learn in these years is that diversification and money management are the most important things in trading, unless you have access to insider infos which nobody else has access to.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
Zakifon

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

Of course.  Diversification is the first and the main thing in trade and investment in the crypto currency.  If you do not learn to diversify your funds - you will lose everything if suddenly something happens to the market
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:28:46 AM

Investors in the cryptocurrency, by and large, are used to volatility. Nevertheless, many of them are looking for better ways of using their cryptocurrency assets to limit the impact of strong fluctuations. As in all investment portfolios, the best way to hedge against volatility is diversification. The difficulty, however, is that diversification within the framework of cryptocurrencies does not always provide real protection against significant price fluctuations. Most altcoins are more or less following the trend set by Bitcoin, and so diversification into other coins provides a small hedge. The best way to diversify a portfolio is to invest in something that is completely different from the bulk that an investor has.
Ikingpain

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:49:05 AM

I think it's worth investing only in proven coins that show good results in the market. But do not invest all in 1 coin. Try to have a minimum of 10 coins in a cryptocurrency portfolio.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:51:55 AM

It depends a lot on your strategy but investing everything on a single coin/asset/stock can be a lot rewarding but you also risk to lose everything on a single trade. What I've learn in these years is that diversification and money management are the most important things in trading, unless you have access to insider infos which nobody else has access to.

Yes, diversification is important and yes I do diversify because there is no point in trying to make a profit on long term investment. Sometimes, you can also make profit from short term holding. So its important to spread the risk which inadvertently can be minimized.
Tiigon

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:55:31 AM

Why diversification is vital to the success of your crypto portfolio. Although it is said to reduce the systematic risk associated with stocks, Warren Buffet argues that diversification results in overall lower returns. Just like the other varieties of investments, the ideal approach is diversification.

Diversification only decreases your chance of complete elimination in the event a coin collapses. With that diversification come a decrease in risk. It is OK when you get a cluster of high probability trades at once.

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:57:14 AM

The strategy you are trying to post is called flippening that means take profit from one coin then invest in another and take profit from that too and move onto next, although it is very smart strategy but it only works in bull market and if you apply it in bear market you will get trapped in each coin and will only receive loss.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:03:48 AM

i do diversify but buying altcoins is not called diversification it is called silliness Cheesy

real diversification is when you don't just buy bitcoin, you buy bitcoin and other real assets like stocks, bonds, metals,...
when you buy altcoins that are connected to bitcoin price and perform poorly in comparison you are just limiting your profit and in many cases you are introducing more risks and losses into your investment.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

I choose waiting. Sometimes time is all you need to be successful. If your investment project is real and still operate after ico, you can choose waiting until it finish its roadmap.
ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:22:23 AM

Yes, I sometimes use the strategy that you describe, although it's not quite diversification. In general, such a strategy is very risky, you can lose all your money in one day, so I believe you need to be a true professional to make a good profit from it.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:27:40 PM

If i am the one in this position, I will definitely sell it and invest in other coin that are low in price, But what I will do is this, I will sell all then I will half to buy other altcoins and use the remaining half to set another buy order at a lower price.
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:35:11 PM

this is probably depends on one's character. i prefer it's divided as the probability of profit at least one of the coin increases. yet i know many people who invest in one only, and quite happy with it

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
cryptoherr

Activity: 114

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:36:37 PM

yeah ususally i like a bit of diversification but i think that i do not own more than 10 different altcoins to be honest. Of Course i have some very Tiny postions in some altcoins.

tanvir232

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

Without diversification, you will be at risk of huge loss.
What I do, I fix a certain rate of profit and after getting that I went out from the market.
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:39:27 PM

This is the most correct system for storing money to use the principle of many baskets and in each basket lies a certain limit of funds that are easier to monitor and monitor the market trend. All the money to keep in one coin is too dangerous.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:57:50 PM

For me we are in bear market and for me anything that makes gain for me, I will count my self luck and happily sell off and find some good tokens which are down and buy more of the tokens, that's what I will do.
Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

Diversification mitigates risks in the event of an industry downturn. Diversification allows for more variety and options of products and services. If done correctly, diversification provides a tremendous boost to brand image and company profitability. Diversification can be used as a defense. If you donot use how to diversify your funds then you can lose everything in the market if there will be something in the market position.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: