Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:28:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:38:37 PM

Wow - I heard back from bitmine support regarding the 20% CPP applied to my shipment. They say the 20% CPP for my order was a typing mistake in my shipping email, and the actual bonus applied was 60%!

I woke up to this email in my inbox. Delivery is still scheduled for tomorrow so I'll post then with details.

Good result.
Thanks for the update E, this is the result we were all hoping for.

As a batch 1 (December delivery) customer I'm expecting to get my 2 TH/s Rig plus an additional 1 TH/s Rig under the CPP. This is awesome, and is why I bought under the terms of the CPP. Bitcoin mining is a gamble, and miner pre-orders even more so. I've been down the pre-order road twice before, and to be honest no-one has ever given me a free 1 TH/s Rig before (or the equivalent at the time). I realise that it won't cover the losses from late delivery, but it is something, and it is much better than we have ever had before. BFL didn't provide any compensation at all for late delivery.

At the moment my only complaint is that Bitmine should have committed to a communication plan, even if it was just once a week.

I suspect the more "vocal" Bitmine customers have never experienced a Bitcoin miner pre-order before. This is what it is like - expect delays. This difference here is that we've never had anything as awesome as the CPP before. I waited 6 months for my BFL pre-order. And get this: I only ordered AFTER I had seen a youtube video of someone receiving a working unit (the "coding in my sleep" review).  Think about that for a moment.

Remember how this feels... seriously, let this sink in and never forget this feeling. This is what Bitcoin miner pre-orders feel like. But it doesn’t have to be like this. If you don’t want to feel like this again, the solution is simple:
Do not pre-order.

There is no need to pre-order, there are reputable companies who will sell you a miner and ship it within 2 days.

Buy in-stock miners only and we will rid ourselves of this pre-order madness.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

Wow - I heard back from bitmine support regarding the 20% CPP applied to my shipment. They say the 20% CPP for my order was a typing mistake in my shipping email, and the actual bonus applied was 60%!

I woke up to this email in my inbox. Delivery is still scheduled for tomorrow so I'll post then with details.

Good result.
Thanks for the update E, this is the result we were all hoping for.

As a batch 1 (December delivery) customer I'm expecting to get my 2 TH/s Rig plus an additional 1 TH/s Rig under the CPP. This is awesome, and is why I bought under the terms of the CPP. Bitcoin mining is a gamble, and miner pre-orders even more so. I've been down the pre-order road twice before, and to be honest no-one has ever given me a free 1 TH/s Rig before (or the equivalent at the time). I realise that it won't cover the losses from late delivery, but it is something, and it is much better than we have ever had before. BFL didn't provide any compensation at all for late delivery.

At the moment my only complaint is that Bitmine should have committed to a communication plan, even if it was just once a week.

I suspect the more "vocal" Bitmine customers have never experienced a Bitcoin miner pre-order before. This is what it is like - expect delays. This difference here is that we've never had anything as awesome as the CPP before. I waited 6 months for my BFL pre-order. And get this: I only ordered AFTER I had seen a youtube video of someone receiving a working unit (the "coding in my sleep" review).  Think about that for a moment.

Remember how this feels... seriously, let this sink in and never forget this feeling. This is what Bitcoin miner pre-orders feel like. But it doesn’t have to be like this. If you don’t want to feel like this again, the solution is simple:
Do not pre-order.

There is no need to pre-order, there are reputable companies who will sell you a miner and ship it within 2 days.

Buy in-stock miners only and we will rid ourselves of this pre-order madness.
thank you for your advice, the problem is the contract changes more often then mr Gs. underware

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:48:57 PM

Quote from: giorgiomassa
Petamine units
As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones and producing the units just for them.

Dear Giorgio,

I too would like to buy some units and skip the line and have them produced immediately screwing over every other customer that ordered before me. What is the cost for that?
I suspect that if you order as many units as Petamine did, they could afford to set up an additional production line for you too. That would be 100+ units (probably 2 TH/s Rgs) so roughly a $1 million order.

Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:57:13 PM

Petamine units
...Petamine just as any other user have suffered delays and are being compensated for that.

OK - so clearly you compensate older clients excluding Petamine now by massive hashrate to the network (exploding difficulty & fixing nobody ever get a ROI) plus additional reducing your producing cap by 50%.

@GiorgioMassa - WOW, what dirty offer they made you that you fuck up all other clients when I recover your own post:

We will strictly respect the delivery queues order, please don’t contact us to ask to speedup your position as we will not accept any kind of such requests, because of its obvious unfairness in respect to the other customers.

... and now you wonder why people get angry - I wonder daily how easy it would be to scam people when I see this post. You already recognized that the people allready know that November batch chips are sold in 1TH miners here in the forums? Trust is not here anymore & I advise people even not to believe that you have nothing to do with the "stolen chips story". Your whole behavier now reflects purely the whole scam-lie-story & it`s simple called: fraud!
No, you've got it all wrong. Bitmine haven't reduced their production capacity, they have started another production line for Petamine units. It doesn't affect us at all. That extra production line was effectively paid for by Petamine in their large deal.

"As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones and producing the units just for them"

Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:58:04 PM

Petamine units
As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones and producing the units just for them.

Dear Giorgio,

I too would like to buy some units and skip the line and have them produced immediately screwing over every other customer that ordered before me. What is the cost for that?
I suspect that if you order as many units as Petamine did, they could afford to set up an additional production line for you too. That would be 100+ units (probably 2 TH/s Rgs) so roughly a $1 million order.

This 2nd producing line could work too for the "normal" order queue or the special one for old clients (Avalon Clone) - too it`s normal by "adding" a 2nd line that you will "cut" production cap (assembly) for normal clients by min. 50%. Additional the CCP plan is just a good business for them at all, they changed statements, dates (multiple times) and finally TOS - can`t follow you, sorry.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Min€r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:59:28 PM

Petamine units
...Petamine just as any other user have suffered delays and are being compensated for that.

OK - so clearly you compensate older clients excluding Petamine now by massive hashrate to the network (exploding difficulty & fixing nobody ever get a ROI) plus additional reducing your producing cap by 50%.

@GiorgioMassa - WOW, what dirty offer they made you that you fuck up all other clients when I recover your own post:

We will strictly respect the delivery queues order, please don’t contact us to ask to speedup your position as we will not accept any kind of such requests, because of its obvious unfairness in respect to the other customers.

... and now you wonder why people get angry - I wonder daily how easy it would be to scam people when I see this post. You already recognized that the people allready know that November batch chips are sold in 1TH miners here in the forums? Trust is not here anymore & I advise people even not to believe that you have nothing to do with the "stolen chips story". Your whole behavier now reflects purely the whole scam-lie-story & it`s simple called: fraud!
No, you've got it all wrong. Bitmine haven't reduced their production capacity, they have started another production line for Petamine units. It doesn't affect us at all. That extra production line was effectively paid for by Petamine in their large deal.

"As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones and producing the units just for them"

And you think that whole thing is screwing together by the production line?

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

There is a new page, which describes the first setup of the miner: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5284
(quite straightforward; quoted with no pictures)
Support

Hello Bitminer’s

here the steps for the first setup use of your miner.

STEP 1°: Plug the ethernet cable to your router, and assure he have the DHCP server enabled.
STEP 2°: attach the power cable and power on your device
STEP 3°: wait to see the miner boot completly, the display will show the current status, when the display show the IP information the device is ready.
display
STEP 4°: point your browser to http://ip_on_your_display and login with default username: admin and default password: admin
STEP 5°: change password from settings menu page, and/or disable ssh, configure cgminer and MINE!

Webinterface default access:
username: admin
password: admin

ssh default access:
username: root
password: bitmine
E

Activity: 234

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

There is a new page, which describes the first setup of the miner: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5284
STEP 3°: wait to see the miner boot completly, the display will show the current status, when the display show the IP information the device is ready.
display
STEP 4°: point your browser to http://ip_on_your_display and login with default username: admin and default password: admin

This is going to be really convenient! And it looks like they have the setup experience nailed down pretty well, if it goes as the web page describes.

bitmine: If you can, I'd suggest a change to your process so that either the password or username of each box is set to a unique code displayed on the screen before initial login. Having a screen means you have the ability to easily communicate unique codes to the users w/o assembly work and possible error of mismatching, missing, or falling-off stickers.

I know people should know better than to put these on public IPs, but plenty of people seem to port forward to ssh or http access through their firewalls, sometimes without changing the passwords.
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:10:25 PM

Petamine units

Dear Giorgio,

This 2nd producing line could work too for the "normal" order queue or the special one for old clients (Avalon Clone) - too it`s normal by "adding" a 2nd line that you will "cut" production cap (assembly) for normal clients by min. 50%. Additional the CCP plan is just a good business for them at all, they changed statements, dates (multiple times) and finally TOS - can`t follow you, sorry.

Each production line operates in parallel:

Petamine units
As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones

Production lines operating in parallel makes sense... why would there be a dependency between production lines?  As I understand it, Bitmine have the A1 ASICs, they have the PCBs, they have the PSUs, they have the cases, they have the cables and all other components, and now the production lines are assembling the units.  The assembly of each machine is totally independent, two lines can assemble twice the number of machines as one line, three lines assemble three times as much, etc.

Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:19:42 PM

display

This is going to be really convenient! And it looks like they have the setup experience nailed down pretty well, if it goes as the web page describes.

bitmine: If you can, I'd suggest a change to your process so that either the password or username of each box is set to a unique code displayed on the screen before initial login. Having a screen means you have the ability to easily communicate unique codes to the users w/o assembly work and possible error of mismatching, missing, or falling-off stickers.

I know people should know better than to put these on public IPs, but plenty of people seem to port forward to ssh or http access through their firewalls, sometimes without changing the passwords.
Damn, that's a nice interface!  View the IP address on the LED screen - something I liked about the product when I ordered it.  No more hunting through your router for the IP address of your miner.  Temperature readout and hash rate too... excellent!

Min€r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:23:10 PM

Petamine units

Dear Giorgio,

Each production line operates in parallel:

Petamine units
As part of the deal that we had with Cryptx, given the big amount of the purchase, we have agreed to setup an additional dedicated production line that would be working in parallel to the existing ones

Production lines operating in parallel makes sense... why would there be a dependency between production lines?  As I understand it, Bitmine have the A1 ASICs, they have the PCBs, they have the PSUs, they have the cases, they have the cables and all other components, and now the production lines are assembling the units.  The assembly of each machine is totally independent, two lines can assemble twice the number of machines as one line, three lines assemble three times as much, etc.

I think you don`t get it that a "production line" is pick & place components to the unpopulated boards. The line produce JUST the populated boards (in Italy) - the miners have to get then assembeled by hand ( = limited people at bitmine - max. 6 desks for it available). The production line is just populating the boards & not "making" a miner - so the Petahash is cutting the production 50%.  Wink

tranquille

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

What are you talking about?

This does of course not justify any delay for our orders.
If bitmine was to communicate this publicly (contract with petamine + second facility belt including pics) then we could maybe accept that.

But when they have an output of only 50 desks and no single customer received it prior to petamine they are simply lying.

Interestingly to me you do sound very biased anyways. And you are not the only one who ordered asics before. Enough said.
tranquille

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:38:57 PM

Petamine units

How on earth do you know?
Proof it or move.

Also they should much rather put those resources into finalizing our orders when they currently only produce 50 friggin desks per day and not a single rig so far.

Don´t ya think smart guy who gets everything right?

Scheffler66719

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:48:06 PM

Petamine units

Dear Giorgio,

70 Desk  + 165  Rigs =2.377.365 USD Wink
tranquille

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:59:32 PM

Petamine units

Dear Giorgio,

70 Desk  + 165  Rigs =2.377.365 USD Wink
So are you saying that it´s justified that they are not using 100% of their workforce for us regular customers?
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:08:15 PM

Petamine units

How on earth do you know?
Proof it or move.

Also they should much rather put those resources into finalizing our orders when they currently only produce 50 friggin desks per day and not a single rig so far.

Don´t ya think smart guy who gets everything right?

I'm a 2TH/s Rig Batch 1 customer, probably ordered before you (either that or you haven't listed your order on the batch 1 order list), so your anger shouldn't be directed at me.  I am not responsible for Bitmine delays.

Explain to me how adding a production line is REDUCING production capacity.  That just doesn't sound right to me. 

I'd love it if they put those resources into an extra production line for us... but that extra production line was paid for by Petamine as part of their deal, so if the Petamine order had never occurred that extra line would never have existed anyway.

I'm not happy with Bitmine either, but on the other hand I think the amount of FUD and personal attacks are getting out of hand.

Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:28:06 PM

What are you talking about?

This does of course not justify any delay for our orders.
If bitmine was to communicate this publicly (contract with petamine + second facility belt including pics) then we could maybe accept that.

But when they have an output of only 50 desks and no single customer received it prior to petamine they are simply lying.

Interestingly to me you do sound very biased anyways. And you are not the only one who ordered asics before. Enough said.

I was answering the following question from Syke:
Petamine units

Dear Giorgio,

Basically, it seems that if you order $1 million or more from Bitmine they will set up an extra production line for you.  It's not a justification for delays, it's just a guessed answer to a question.  

I'm not biased.  Bitmine has some good and bad points.  Hopefully their product will be good (I haven't got mine yet, but if it exists their 2 TH/s Rig will be the fastest miner in the world).  The delays and lack of communication are bad.  I have already mentioned it several times, and I'll say it again: I'm not happy with Bitmine delays.

Actually as far as manufacturers go, I prefer KnCMiner who delivered my Jupiter with only about 2 weeks delay, and I prefer Bitmain who shipped my AntMiner S1 within 2 working days.  I have a very low opinion of BFL, who caused me a 6 month delay... but at least they had a blog which communicated the status on a DAILY basis (not that it made me happy, but some communication is better than none - Bitmine take note!).

Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:55:08 PM

Gonna call you on that one.  You don't sound like you have pre-ordered before.

List the ASIC pre-orders that you have had BEFORE Bitmine, or STFU.  I'll be calling for proof too (pics with you holding a piece of paper with your forum name in front of the miner or it didn't happen).

Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:56:37 PM

CPP and refunds deadline
Confusion would be the best term to describe an otherwise very straightforward policy. A dedicated page explaining in simple words how the CPP works has been available here http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=850 since day 0, but it looks like it wasn't clear enough, or just not read by most people.
Well obviously it wasn't - or were just all dumb people. But that many dumb people in one single thread would be statistically somehow questionable.

4) [...] So, if you ordered a 200 GH/s unit and your unit leaves our warehouse after 32 days of late delivery, [...]
32 of real "late delivery" (10 days of reprieve already over) or "after agreed shipping date" (the first 10 days of the stated 32 does not happen anything)
Based on what follows, my assumption would be "after agreed shipping date"
[...] that is 22 effective days [...]
Effective of what? Effective in CCP is assume.
[...] which is 30% additional power.
Since these 30% base on the 22 days this would mean to me, that you receive the first 10% on the first day the CCP triggers (which is on the 11th day "after agreed shipping date").

Even this "clarification" is unclear (at least to me)
Having it explained using a concrete timeline as suggested many time in the official thread would have helped. (e.g. something like order "February week 1" -> agreed shipping date: 5th of Feb -> 15th Feb: last day in the 10 day "inaccuracy period" -> 16th Feb: First day under CCP, entitled for the first 10% of Penalty -> 26th of Feb: 11th day under CCP ... -> 16th of April: entitled to refund)

Turbo mode issues
[...] The Turbo feature is by purpose indicated as "up to", which if I'm not wrong given http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/up-to?q=up+to , means literally "indicating a maximum amount". [...]
True for the Desk (which I found out today when looking at the Desks product page), but definitely wrong for the Rigs. So to me there is no room for interpretation regarding the turbo mode to be reached for the Rigs.

Rig device issues
As it has been known for some time now, the rig design is having some engineering problems [...]
Has been known by whom? Based on what? Did I miss an official Statement about the rig status? There was some unofficial rumor but no official Statement or confirmation - or I just missed it.
[...] we expect to be able to let it go in production within short time.
"go in production" means the German manufacturer producing PBCs, Italian company doing pick&place and then bitmine starting the assembly and testing?
So assume in best case these steps take 8 working days, this would mean that if the current prototype shows fully functional and is complying to your standards, first rigs get shipped earliest 10th of March?

last but not least: I do appreciate that we finally got an official update. I certainly do agree/acknowledge on some points in this post, but as indicated I do disagree on others.
I've always tried to be on the "constructive criticism" side, so if anybody feels offended by any statement in this post just pm me and I will Change/remove the corresponding part.
Min€r

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:08:00 PM

Explain to me how adding a production line is REDUCING production capacity.  That just doesn't sound right to me. 

Try it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486808.msg5371936#msg5371936 & here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486808.msg5370295#msg5370295

But it seems you are not understanding the production of hardware at all or don`t want to understand it - finally it seems you even not get it that people want you to understand that you was scammed too by this company. BFL has nothing to do with them & is in no way justify bitmine actions - even they shouted about Yifu month ago... but maybe you are not as long in BTC business as we are.

So finally here is some visual impact for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQY3Y8shBY8 - this is made by a "line" & not a full miner. And this is the reason why Petahash cut normal production 50%!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: