Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:57:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:54:16 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 06:28:19 PM by ISAWHIM

Between now and when these we're supposed to ship, 20 PH has been dropped unto the network..
I can't help but wonder where from..

You have to remember that you are not seeing the average... only peaks...

If many peak in harmony, you see something like that. Just as the low, is many of us in a sour-spot. (Could be that we lost connections with a farm, got a lot of errors, just got lucky, or the day just got cooler.) In addition to machines added to the network, and other machines being pulled-off the network.

https://blockchain.info/charts/ <-- Logarithmic Scale, with 7-day roling avg, 1-year
(Growth is actually slowing-down. Technology-limit and lack of new farms.)

Also, miners hop onto other coins that are better value than BTC to mine, and come back when BTC is a better value to mine.

There are a lot of factors. You need to focus on the 3-day to 7-day rolling avg, or the log-charts.

But yes, 20PHs is a lot to add to a network, but that is only 20,000THs at most... 10,000THs + harmonic-peaks.

Split among the orders... (Includes China-MFG and ScryptASIC which does sha256 also)
0.1THs (6x MFG) ~6.0THs (10x Production, ant-usb-farms, old-BFLs, misc.)
0.2THs (6x MFG) ~1.2THs
1.2THs (5x MFG) ~6.0THs
2.4THs (3x MFG) ~7.2THs
3.0THs (1x MFG) ~3.0THs
3.6THs (1x MFG) ~3.6THs
TOTAL HASHING ~ 27THs * 50-units/day * 15-days = 20.5PHs

(50 units seems to be about the avg claim. 15 days is just how long they have had to build and test, before shipping. Since claims have been rolling in. Both I believe modest estimates. 7-days if it comforts you, with the harmony-theory.)

A place MFG 100 a day, could only test 50 for half as long... I would assume, unless they have some crazy power setup. (Seeing as most power is used for MFG. Not to mention the electric bill. Though that would be 10%-50% of consumer prices for electricity. Monthly dumps anyone? lol.)

China, I am sure, is using robots to assemble 1,000+ a day... Tongue

I believe this may be the last few years for "consumer mining", to be profitable, on any level. Unless they come-up with a 1.0 PHs miner that runs off 400Watts next year, for under $2500. Then limit that to only one miner per person. Tongue (Looking at the difficulty.)

Though, I don't see many farms opening up anymore. Diff is slowing-down, no matter which way you slice it. At this technology limit. Now it is a matter of volume, and few are buying that volume, at that price, for that little return.

Best we can hope for is farm failure, as all the hardware starts to break-down and die from overclocking.

Even with $6,000/BTC to $24,000/BTC, this is a tight earning.
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:54:59 PM

Between now and when these we're supposed to ship, 20 PH has been dropped unto the network..

If many peak in harmony, you see something like that. Just as the low, is many of us in a sour-spot. (Could be that we lost connections with a farm, got a lot of errors, just got lucky, or the day just got cooler.) In addition to machines added to the network, and other machines being pulled-off the network.

https://blockchain.info/charts/ <-- Logarithmic Scale, with 7-day roling avg, 1-year

Also, miners hop onto other coins that are better value than BTC to mine, and come back when BTC is a better value to mine.

There are a lot of factors. You need to focus on the 3-day to 7-day rolling avg, or the log-charts.

But yes, 20PHs is a lot to add to a network, but that is only 20,000THs at most... 10,000THs + harmonic-peaks.

Split among the orders... (Includes China-MFG and ScryptASIC which does sha256 also)
0.2THs (6x MFG) ~1.2THs
1.2THs (5x MFG) ~6.0THs
2.4THs (3x MFG) ~7.2THs
3.0THs (1x MFG) ~3.0THs
3.6THs (1x MFG) ~3.6THs

(50 units seems to be about the avg claim. 15 days is just how long they have had to build and test, before shipping. Since claims have been rolling in. Both I believe modest estimates. 7-days if it comforts you, with the harmony-theory.)

A place MFG 100 a day, could only test 50 for half as long... I would assume, unless they have some crazy power setup. (Seeing as most power is used for MFG. Not to mention the electric bill. Though that would be 10%-50% of consumer prices for electricity. Monthly dumps anyone? lol.)

I believe this may be the last few years for "consumer mining", to be profitable, on any level. Unless they come-up with a 1.0 PHs miner that runs off 400Watts next year, for under $2500. Then limit that to only one miner per person. Tongue (Looking at the difficulty.)

Though, I don't see many farms opening up anymore. Diff is slowing-down, no matter which way you slice it. At this technology limit. Now it is a matter of volume, and few are buying that volume, at that price, for that little return.

Best we can hope for is farm failure, as all the hardware starts to break-down and die from overclocking.

Yeah I think after this I'm going back to scrypt coins when it comes to mining.

BTC ASIC manufacturers just don't deliver on time anymore :|

Well maybe KNC does, but that's about it.

I lost out on ~$100K going BFL instead of avalon batch 2, and now I lost out on another ~$100K going bitmine instead of just buying btc at $120. Undecided

I should of just stuck with day trading.. at-least then I was making 1000-100000% margins easy..
LawyerMD

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

0.2THs (6x MFG) ~1.2THs
1.2THs (5x MFG) ~6.0THs
2.4THs (3x MFG) ~7.2THs
3.0THs (1x MFG) ~3.0THs
3.6THs (1x MFG) ~3.6THs

Amen brother! You hit the nail on the head. Take Bitmine for instance, will offer you 10% CPP per 10 days, but are raking in much more on your investment by simply running the machines until it makes sense for them to ship it.

Even though I agree with what your saying, I believe you fail to differentiate between "sold" vs "shipped". You're blockchain data is correct, but selling x amount of PH/s worth of machines, doesn't mean that those machines are in the hands of the individuals that has paid for them.

Network Hashrate = 28PH/s or 28,000 TH/s

If you look at the production and what has been shipped, theirs a major gap of equipment somewhere. That's 28,000 units of a 1 TH/s machine, and the network keeps increasing daily. Its clear that the companies are creating "false" delays.

mo_mo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:40:29 PM

so what's the official compensation on the RIGS if any?
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:52:02 PM

After reading a bit more and going through the info, it seems theirs 2 queues.... one for rigs, and one for desks. But here is my info, hope it helps sort this out.

Queue Position : 260
Order number : 426x
Date of payment  Dec 12th, 2013
Method of Payment : Wire Transfer
Item: CoinCraft Rig
Speed: 2TH/s
Quantity: 4
Batch: February Last Week
Destination: Canada

Seriously??  I have Queue position 41x, order # 302x, for a rig ordered and paid BTC on Nov 23rd, am also in Canada.  Wow fuck me sideways with a chainsaw...
dp379

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:59:44 PM

After reading a bit more and going through the info, it seems theirs 2 queues.... one for rigs, and one for desks. But here is my info, hope it helps sort this out.

Seriously??  I have Queue position 41x, order # 302x, for a rig ordered and paid BTC on Nov 23rd, am also in Canada.  Wow fuck me sideways with a chainsaw...

Well somehow you both have a position earlier than me...

My position is 43x and it was paid in full on 19th November!

So how do they work that out?
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

Well somehow you both have a position earlier than me...

My position is 43x and it was paid in full on 19th November!

So how do they work that out?

Jesus, did they just fucking draw numbers out of a hat (or their ass)??  Not that it matters at this point and time as no one is getting a fucking rig right now anyways  Embarrassed
thehatman

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

Hello everyone.

Where do you see your queue numbers?
I have a Rig ordered from September 18th #1xxx which was supposed to arrive in December but is now listed as "January Batch". The order is listed as processing. That's all.

I got no emails. No notifications. No queue number.
What should I do? I paid in Bitcoin and by what they're writing now, it sounds like ... even if they don't deliver within 61 days, I won't even get a full refund!

I'm pissed off at Bitmine for their terrible communication. Late delivery is one thing, but late delivery without updates, with snarky comments on the forum, possibly re-interpreted promises ... I'm having a BFL flashback and I'm still stuck in a lawsuit with BFL. I don't want to end in a lawsuit with Bitmine too.

December is over 61 days ago. What shall I do?

thehatman
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:36:59 AM

Now FedEx wants me to fill out some FCC form:

I'll probably choose #7, since I have no way of knowing whether these units actually comply with FCC requirements. But what about someone receiving more than 3 units?

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:46:10 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 03:10:57 AM by ISAWHIM

Now FedEx wants me to fill out some FCC form:

I'll probably choose #7, since I have no way of knowing whether these units actually comply with FCC requirements. But what about someone receiving more than 3 units?

I say check box #7 (3 or fewer are being imported for use, and not for sale.)

Says most people say #2... (Follow the crowd)

If you order more than 3... You should have checked to see if they are FCC compliant, as a business or a home user... (You want to risk getting microwaved by 4 units?)

Tongue

It is a declaration, for businesses, less for consumers. If you are a business, you HAVE to be 100% truthful. If you are a consumer... They could actually care less. They just have to ask, for their records.

Send them an email asking them to answer the FCC status. If they say they are not FCC, then refuse the package, then explain to them that they can only send 3 at a time in shipping in the USA without FCC compliance. (You will be doing them a favor.)

You could also claim #3, if you don't intend to sell. You are just testing it for its ability.. for two years, or more!

All resale electronics in the USA have to have FCC certification or exemption. (Or you, as the US seller to another US citizen, face the lawsuits if your resold device microwaves someone and gives them cancer or tumors or death.)

All devices emit RF radiation... High-frequency RF radiation is surely coming from a 1THs+ machine. (Just like Ghz cellphones and cordless phones.)

Just don't place this next to the kids crib, don't use it as a seat, or use it as a pillow, and all should be good! lol. (I hope!  Shocked)
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:10:37 AM

Hello everyone.

Where do you see your queue numbers?
Unfortunately, you have to email Bitmine to get that information.  They should put it on the "view order" page on their website.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
sawsawsaw

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:24:05 AM

BTW ALL Products Status "Out of stock"  Roll Eyes

Good? Bad? Doesnt matter?
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:48:59 AM

That is good... They are focusing on the overhead and hopefully trying to push that new design into full production before release. I hope...
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:55:34 AM

That is good... They are focusing on the overhead and hopefully trying to push that new design into full production before release. I hope...

just my imagination, youtube.com/watch?v=SHoHIL2ABVQ

are you Dolores O’Riordan?

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:05:27 AM

they have not replied to my email last week and I emailed them again..
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:17:32 AM

BTW ALL Products Status "Out of stock"  Roll Eyes
No... But I would like to be with her! Does that count? Tongue

I was talking about the new design that does not need to be daisy-chained. (Like the ones they were previously selling.) They might have all the orders placed to cover the sale of those other designs, which they will not be producing anymore. They were not a design they liked, but a limitation of the first draft.

AMT also has that new design, which will be used on the future models. Since this old design is apparently giving everyone headaches.

giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:21:59 AM

No... But I would like to be with her! Does that count? Tongue

I was talking about the new design that does not need to be daisy-chained. (Like the ones they were previously selling.) They might have all the orders placed to cover the sale of those other designs, which they will not be producing anymore. They were not a design they liked, but a limitation of the first draft.

AMT also has that new design, which will be used on the future models. Since this old design is apparently giving everyone headaches.

i like you, you are a optimist.

this discusion makes more sense in 12-18 hours. and you will see, why he changed the items to out of stock...

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:41:30 AM

they have not replied to my email last week and I emailed them again..

you are in the wrong thread, we talk abou bitmine.ch! are you sure your order was not a butterfly labs order?

about us: (bitmine.ch)

We strive to provide only realistic and accurate release dates by careful planning and stocking of all the required components, an excellent users support and an over-expectations build quality of our miners, especially concerning the overall system’s stability and cooling. This can be done only because we manufacture our products here and not overseas, so we can keep under very strict control all the stages of the production.

After all, Switzerland’s reputation for punctuality is not a myth!

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=29

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:11:23 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 07:28:32 AM by ISAWHIM

I speculate, because the RIG was never working and the DESK had no working power save nor turbo mode and now they know they never will able to make it.

If the errors are just in the output-stream of junk that pools demand, for POW... Then this will not even matter to a solo-miner. They only get one solution back, not streams of junk shares. They may never see an error, because there is no stream of flooded data sent back to the wallet they are mining directly into.

From the unit that was tested a few posts back, the turbo-mode has a high error-rate of about 17%, which I assume it is choking on in a software issue. I imagine that the issue can be some-what resolved, playing with timing delivery and frequency-tuning.

There is obviously a few misalignments in the data-flow, and/or issues with the reading-calls. (Can happen if the rise-edge is not powerful enough to be detected fast-enough to initiate the capture of that data packet, which results in lost packets, or missing bits to the data-stream.) Usually they try to fix that with voltage-bumping, but when that fails, it is a frequency-interference or noise related issue.

If all the packets showed as bad, or they were remaining bad on all speeds... then I would say there is no hope. However, that still seems like a software issue. (Similar problem with 7970's when mining scrypt. Just a slight bump in the frequency can gain you 20% more speed... one more bump, and it is all out of alignment, and you lose 40% speed.)

Still, I think the new design without the daisy-chain will allow them better control over the whole unit. Since each chip will have slight impurities, each may actually need a separate operating frequency and voltage. Where as now, I believe it is all or nothing, for settings. One setting sets all chips. (That can actually be alleviated by frequency-matching chips to the supporting components, before mounting them. That, or measure each components actual values, and sort them, matching them to each board. That is unrealistic to do, without machines to do the testing for you. Which requires a lot more work to do. Easier to just say +/- 20% Tongue)

Hell, even something as un-obvious as having one bus-wire longer than the other, can cause enough resistance and capacitive interference to throw-off the entire data-stream under high-speeds. Data likes tuned lines of equal length and resistance, like the headers and exhaust in a race-car. That is why ribbon-cable has been used for ages and some data-lines have zig-zag patterns when they are too short from point-a to point-b. The shortest path is the best, only if they are all equally short. Tongue (PCIe had this issue at first. But now, they resolved it, by matching each data-lines linear resistance.)

However, for those of us who know how to manipulate these things... We may still have a chance at getting that perfect tuning, per chip.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:38:00 AM

Maybe Zefir will know more. Zefir, any updates on sw or hw?

SW is ready, I have one Rig board in hand running stable for days. HW is also ready, but did not pass long term stability tests. EE folks are working to bypass observed issues.

As for the over-clocking / turbo-mode: guys, no need to speculate - as I wrote several times, trubo mode is doable on chip or board basis, but is controllable on a product basis only to the extent that is already supported by FW (25% overclocking). I could post here what is required to drive a single board to 40-50% higher hashrates, but trying that would void your warranty. Seriously, it is not worth it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: