Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:03:49 AM

SW is ready, I have one Rig board in hand running stable for days. HW is also ready, but did not pass long term stability tests. EE folks are working to bypass observed issues.

great. tnx for the update.

As for the over-clocking / turbo-mode: guys, no need to speculate - as I wrote several times, trubo mode is doable on chip or board basis, but is controllable on a product basis only to the extent that is already supported by FW (25% overclocking). I could post here what is required to drive a single board to 40-50% higher hashrates, but trying that would void your warranty. Seriously, it is not worth it.

Can this be regarded as official statement from bitmine, that the rig systems cannot meet the advertised specs regarding turbo mode, even with 12 chips per board?
If not, we have to keep waiting an speculate what the final outcome of the rig performance especially in power save and turbo mode is.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:08:40 AM

Maybe Zefir will know more. Zefir, any updates on sw or hw?

SW is ready, I have one Rig board in hand running stable for days. HW is also ready, but did not pass long term stability tests. EE folks are working to bypass observed issues.

As for the over-clocking / turbo-mode: guys, no need to speculate - as I wrote several times, trubo mode is doable on chip or board basis, but is controllable on a product basis only to the extent that is already supported by FW (25% overclocking). I could post here what is required to drive a single board to 40-50% higher hashrates, but trying that would void your warranty. Seriously, it is not worth it.
Thanks very much Zefir, as a Rig customer it means a lot to me to hear this progress update!

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
dp379

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:27:47 AM

Yes thank you Zefir!

Please do keep us posted with any more updates as and when you have them.

Many thanks.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:28:46 AM

Can this be regarded as official statement from bitmine, that the rig systems cannot meet the advertised specs regarding turbo mode, even with 12 chips per board?
If not, we have to keep waiting an speculate what the final outcome of the rig performance especially in power save and turbo mode is.

No, please don't do that. If you want me to continue contributing some feedback, please do not nail me down to official statements. Official statements are Giorgio's business and I am not going to interfere with that.

Regarding the Rig's performance, conduct from the numbers: a fully populated Rig has 96 chips, at nominal clocks they do generate 2.4THps. With the 25% overclockability used in the Desk, there is a reserve up to 3THps. With that and the experience we have so far, 3THps is expected to be within reach. But still: this is an expectation. Simulations indicate that you can get out that much heat out of the box, but giving a guarantee based on simulations is just not serious.

Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:37:11 AM

zefir, do you know anything about the desk shipping status, like how many units are send per day?
Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:51:13 AM

No, please don't do that. If you want me to continue contributing some feedback, please do not nail me down to official statements. Official statements are Giorgio's business and I am not going to interfere with that.

No worries I won't Smiley
That's what I wanted to get at. Although we have some inofficial feedback from (sometimes very proficient) users in this forum, we have to keep on speculating and dreaming about the turbo mode, since there is no official information.

As in the past, your personal insinghts here are very welcome and apprecitated!
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:56:38 AM

As in the past, your personal insights here are very welcome and appreciated !

+1

RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

Caution Caution is followed by breaking news
christian A. von bitmine writes:
Hi x,

Yes I know, today we prepared 7 miner for you, tomorrow we will receive more materials for finish the load 11,
I will give you the final confirmation tomorrow around 16:00

Br

let's see what happens
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:39:52 PM

Hi x,

Yes I know, today we prepared 7 miner for you, tomorrow we will receive more materials for finish the load 11,

Br

let's see what happens
Delays on your order don't bode well for the rest of us...

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Wolke
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:46:40 PM

Hi x,

Br

let's see what happens

retro have no miner ? -> thats means under 60 units in two week Huh? what is going wrong ....

sawsawsaw

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:07:29 PM

Hi x,

Br

let's see what happens

retro have no miner ? -> thats means under 60 units in two week Huh? what is going wrong ....

and "tomorrow we will receive more materials for finish the load 11" <--- WHAT? So not enough "materials" in stock to finishing miners? What do they need? Solder? Maybe I can help them out? Wink

As well today I heard that someone tried to send them money on a (older) order. The Local Bank said that the bitmine.ch account data doesnt exist any longer. The account has been terminated...mh good news? bad news? or doesnt matter?
Wolke
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

Hi x,

Br

let's see what happens

and "tomorrow we will receive more materials for finish the load 11" <--- WHAT? So not enough "materials" in stock to finishing miners? What do they need? Solder? Maybe I can help them out? Wink

As well today I heard that someone tried to send them money on a (older) order. The Local Bank said that the bitmine.ch account data doesnt exist any longer. The account has been terminated...mh good news? bad news? or doesnt matter?
for a few day they get a new bank account.... i know that becaue they had send me a mail with this new details for information..

giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

Hi x,

Br

let's see what happens

i heard that bitmine will be in the swiss media. in few days the ship goes down. i hope giorgio is ready with his bitcoin wallet.

and here you can see giorgio @ businessmeeting youtube.com/watch?v=6bpubhZbewE

and he changed the status to out of stock, beacause giorgio got some funny questions from a reporter. believe me or not, in few days you will see whats going on.

@giorgio nice to hear that you can talk with the media, but not with your customer. you are the greediest bob that i ever had seen.

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
psycho-pass

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:58:41 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 12:30:13 AM by psycho-pass

https://i.imgur.com/xDe5sdP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lJ6drvF.jpg -
https://i.imgur.com/ukm8JEE.jpg[/img ][img]https://i.imgur.com/LMzar6r.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bkrglSy.jpg

turbo mode is horrible !! dont work at all  Angry - heats the units to 60c even though its outside(no structure change)
sounds like a fucking jet engine
placed outside to be cooled without changing the structure hopping to be cool but still does 40c......
dashboard hashing not accuret same with hashing on display 16x2

fans need to be changed
the structure of the unit needs to be changed - prob moving the fans  
turbo needs to be fixed - it says on dashboard and 16x2 screen 500GH/s but on pool it says 375GH/s....

MY over all rating 6.2
problems here and there but it still hashs at 400 and im happy with it.... yes i know :/

tranquille

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:56:06 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 06:03:55 AM by tranquille

Hi x,

Br

let's see what happens

i heard that bitmine will be in the swiss media. in few days the ship goes down. i hope giorgio is ready with his bitcoin wallet.

and here you can see giorgio @ businessmeeting youtube.com/watch?v=6bpubhZbewE

and he changed the status to out of stock, beacause giorgio got some funny questions from a reporter. believe me or not, in few days you will see whats going on.

@giorgio nice to hear that you can talk with the media, but not with your customer. you are the greediest bob that i ever had seen.

So the output dropped to an astonishing 7-11 desks per day due to some material shortage? And Desks are not able to hash in turbo mode?
Didn´t expect the story to get much worse but of course bitmine.ch manages to f*ck things up again and again.
At least petamine can hash along happily right now.

What a clusterfuck - I see no way to not file a joint lawsuit against them now.
They have to get their asses handed to them.
peakpeng

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:29:51 AM

bitmine don't reply email now
coolitec

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:35:40 AM

i also wrote them e-mails 2weeks ago, but didn´t get anything
no reply nothing
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:23:43 AM

So the output dropped to an astonishing 7-11 desks per day due to some material shortage? And Desks are not able to hash in turbo mode?
Didn´t expect the story to get much worse but of course bitmine.ch manages to f*ck things up again and again.
At least petamine can hash along happily right now.

What a clusterfuck - I see no way to not file a joint lawsuit against them now.
They have to get their asses handed to them.

I was speaking with bit mine yesterday and all what i heard leaded everything to the point that i sent all informations to my lawyer. i hope to get from him until beginning of week answer about what chances i will have to sue Bitmine. only thing what he said is that it would make more sense to sue them together with other disappointed customers.
he said also, that everything what i said on the phone gives us probably pretty good chances, but he has to read through ToS, CPP and check some specific swiss customer protection laws/regulations. now i am collecting material about official statements which are ever made by officials of Bitmine. it would be nice if somebody who has time and interest to help to collect materials just PMs me and we could speak about details.

Anybody interested to sue Bitmine? PM me!

I am living in germany and my lawyers speciality is international economics and contribution laws.

Enjoy your life!
goligo

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:34:30 AM

I would suggest everyone to keep cool and wait for the devices to get shipped. My feeling is that they are doing quite well, yes of course they didn't meet their goal to start shipping in December and are about 3 months late, but at least they do exist, they are shipping and the hardware works. As a previous BFL customer I am very happy with the progress of Bitmine, I did not expect units to be shipped before April.
rmb2u

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:37:16 AM

I would suggest everyone to keep cool and wait for the devices to get shipped. My feeling is that they are doing quite well, yes of course they didn't meet their goal to start shipping in December and are about 3 months late, but at least they do exist, they are shipping and the hardware works. As a previous BFL customer I am very happy with the progress of Bitmine, I did not expect units to be shipped before April.

I Agree ! Only they should communicate better to the customers, but that is old news!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: