Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
giorgiomassa

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:43:16 AM

Definitely. It'd probably take them a couple weeks just to respond to my email with return directions. And then after spending lots of money to ship from US to CH, what's their incentive to not put me at the back of the line behind all the other customers clamoring for their late orders.

I pointed Bitmine management to your post for clarification and got following official feedback.

This is a transport damage and covered by related insurance.

If the damage is cosmetic or easy to fix (like re-plugging cables or tighten screws), customers might want to give a try. Otherwise, please contact customer service to get the issue resolved. Support currently has a backlog for around 3 working days. Also, please document the damages with photos and provide them with your request for handling the insurance and improving the shipping process.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks zefir for looking into that for us! It's good to know the official recommendation for these situations. Is the ~3 working day backlog for email replies, or shipping out replacement parts after they receive damaged ones?

In my case, I still think I can resolve the issues quicker myself, if I can get some info. I did find a couple small components missing, probably because of the loose heatsinks, numbers C98 on one module and C45 on another. I found the C45, though it was a bit damaged, and soldered it back in place. That module seems to work fine now, though I only ran it for less than 30 secs since it's missing heatsinks and I didn't want to fry the chips. The C98 is too tiny to have hope of finding, but interestingly, that module seems to run fine without it. Do you know, or can you find out, whether it's a bad idea to continue running it without C98? If so, can you tell me its specs so I can order it from Digikey?

As for the damage to the connectors between the modules and bus board, I managed to repair it successfully. Sorry I didn't take pictures of anything I did. But I do want to highly recommend that Bitmine add a support bar on top of the modules to prevent them wobbling during transit and even afterward. Just a simple narrow strip of metal as long as the case is wide, with screws through it into the top of each module's main heatsink, should stabilize the modules and prevent the damage I found related to that.

I doubt that would solve the problem of the small heatsinks falling off though. Does the thermal adhesive they're using just not stick to aluminum (or whatever the heatsinks are made of) well? At this point, I think all I have left to do is find a suitable/better thermal adhesive to put these back on. What about this one?:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina_thermal_adhesive.htm
How important is it to have high thermal conductivity on top of the chips, vs through the board?

Dear Keefe,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such heavy damages caused by the mishandling of the package by the courier, could you please tell me if it was delivered with FedEx or UPS? We're having a few reports of seriously damaged packages with one of the two so I just wanted to double check.

As per your damages you are for sure covered by insurance so please send to our support team a few pictures of the damages so that we can claim them back to the insurance.

Of course if you can fix them at your side it's much better so you won't loose precious mining time so I can definitely say you that yes you can run the board without C98, that is just one of the many decoupling caps and it won't affect operations.

As per the heat sink we use a thermal glue that is rated for 22 N/mm2 (!!) so it makes me scared to hear that they have actually detached from your board, anyway yes the front heatsinks are critical even when running at nominal speed, so the best solution would be to get any kind of thermal glue as for example the one you've linked to, clean a bit the area and put them back on.

Please let me know if you need further assistance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rmb2u

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:58:52 AM

@ giorgiomassa

Can you maybe tell the expected delivery / production times for the orders made in januari / Februari?
I have tried multiple mails, but NO reaction at all.

My order should be ready this week according your website, but because off the delays i don't think it will be finished. I choose local pickup because i will be closeby this week, but unfortunattely i don't get answers on my mail questions.

Delay is no problem for me, but please communicate about it.

Thanks in advance
lossminer

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

He is only responding to questions he likes. A broken shipment is not his fault, so he likes it. Yours on the other hand....
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:27:59 PM

Anyone got their refund processed?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:39:00 PM

Definitely. It'd probably take them a couple weeks just to respond to my email with return directions. And then after spending lots of money to ship from US to CH, what's their incentive to not put me at the back of the line behind all the other customers clamoring for their late orders.

I pointed Bitmine management to your post for clarification and got following official feedback.

If the damage is cosmetic or easy to fix (like re-plugging cables or tighten screws), customers might want to give a try. Otherwise, please contact customer service to get the issue resolved. Support currently has a backlog for around 3 working days. Also, please document the damages with photos and provide them with your request for handling the insurance and improving the shipping process.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks zefir for looking into that for us! It's good to know the official recommendation for these situations. Is the ~3 working day backlog for email replies, or shipping out replacement parts after they receive damaged ones?

In my case, I still think I can resolve the issues quicker myself, if I can get some info. I did find a couple small components missing, probably because of the loose heatsinks, numbers C98 on one module and C45 on another. I found the C45, though it was a bit damaged, and soldered it back in place. That module seems to work fine now, though I only ran it for less than 30 secs since it's missing heatsinks and I didn't want to fry the chips. The C98 is too tiny to have hope of finding, but interestingly, that module seems to run fine without it. Do you know, or can you find out, whether it's a bad idea to continue running it without C98? If so, can you tell me its specs so I can order it from Digikey?

As for the damage to the connectors between the modules and bus board, I managed to repair it successfully. Sorry I didn't take pictures of anything I did. But I do want to highly recommend that Bitmine add a support bar on top of the modules to prevent them wobbling during transit and even afterward. Just a simple narrow strip of metal as long as the case is wide, with screws through it into the top of each module's main heatsink, should stabilize the modules and prevent the damage I found related to that.

I doubt that would solve the problem of the small heatsinks falling off though. Does the thermal adhesive they're using just not stick to aluminum (or whatever the heatsinks are made of) well? At this point, I think all I have left to do is find a suitable/better thermal adhesive to put these back on. What about this one?:
How important is it to have high thermal conductivity on top of the chips, vs through the board?

Dear Keefe,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such heavy damages caused by the mishandling of the package by the courier, could you please tell me if it was delivered with FedEx or UPS? We're having a few reports of seriously damaged packages with one of the two so I just wanted to double check.

As per your damages you are for sure covered by insurance so please send to our support team a few pictures of the damages so that we can claim them back to the insurance.

Of course if you can fix them at your side it's much better so you won't loose precious mining time so I can definitely say you that yes you can run the board without C98, that is just one of the many decoupling caps and it won't affect operations.

As per the heat sink we use a thermal glue that is rated for 22 N/mm2 (!!) so it makes me scared to hear that they have actually detached from your board, anyway yes the front heatsinks are critical even when running at nominal speed, so the best solution would be to get any kind of thermal glue as for example the one you've linked to, clean a bit the area and put them back on.

FedEx delivered my unit. But I'm not sure they should be blamed for a vulnerable design. Securing heavy modules on only one one side is asking for trouble, in my opinion.

Since I will most likely not be requesting exchange or repair, and since I already repaired the internal connector damages myself, do you still want pictures of the detached heatsinks and the dent on the corner of the case? I don't think the heatsinks fell off because of shipping. Even with the modules wobbling there was enough of a gap between them to prevent them hitting each other. So I suspect the glue was just not good. Or maybe the heatsinks weren't clean, preventing the glue from sticking to them? The heatsinks that fell off have very little of the glue on them; most of the glue stayed on the chips.

Thanks for confirming that C98 isn't critical.

I hope Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive is thermally conductive enough, as I'll only get one chance. That stuff is permanent.

I do have one more question: Some of the chip-top heatsinks that didn't fall off completely, appear to have come loose from some of the chips. This is most noticeable on the long ones that cover 4 chips each. I'm able to push one end around slightly, showing that the glue is no longer holding onto the chips on that end. So there's probably a slight air gap which would reduce the thermal conduction. But I'm afraid to try to pull the heatsink off so I can redo the glue, because it might break the chips that are still holding on. What do you think?

tranquille

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:24:05 PM

He is only responding to questions he likes. A broken shipment is not his fault, so he likes it. Yours on the other hand....
Exactly that.
Fireminer

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:36:35 PM

Hi, I'm reading here now for a while. First it's good that the miners are shipped at all, even if the production capacity is very low. But when I called Bitmine  I was really disappointed about the statement that my device will be shipped on 16th of April, because I called them 8 days before and they said that it will be shipped in 10 days. In the face of German energy prices I hope that it will be usefull for more than as a door stopper when it arrives.

My order
(February week 1)

Queue Position : 515
Order number : #319*
Date of payment  November 26, 2013
Method of Payment : Bank/Wire Transfer
Product : desk
Hashing Power: 400
Destination: Standard Shipping
shipping 16th of April (I hope so, if they have not lied to me again)
comp006 - how do you know the delivery date is 16 April - is it maybe 16 March??
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:47:45 PM

Exactly that.

Seconded, the guy is certainly not "CEO" material. Isn't their "official" thread still closed? (for whatever BS reason - ie. "we are working very hard and can't take criticism").

The other funny thing is when Zefir shows up to answer (again selectively) a question you get the boot lickers singing him praises as if he's doing any of this for reasons other than making money. Some people need to remember that he is now part of Bitmine and that the official thread's closure came after he joined so communication did NOT get better once he joined, on the contrary.

Wake up people, it's all business here and we are getting screwed by these guys' incompetence and lack of communication.

SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:48:14 PM

Exactly that.

Seconded, the guy is certainly not "CEO" material. Isn't their "official" thread still closed? (for whatever BS reason - ie. "we are working very hard and can't take criticism").

The other funny thing is when Zefir shows up to answer (again selectively) a question you get the boot lickers singing him praises as if he's doing any of this for reasons other than making money. Some people need to remember that he is now part of Bitmine and that the official thread's closure came after he joined so communication did NOT get better once he joined, on the contrary.

Wake up people, it's all business here and we are getting screwed by these guys' incompetence and lack of communication.

You made a bet. You lost. He is having your money. It was YOUR decision. You want to hand him on a tree or what? If you can sew bitmine for something they did illegaly ok. Please, be friendly to people, who DONT want to communicate with you. Its their choice.

Secondly he invested your money in technology for bitcoins, what i appreciate. Sorry for your money.

It's no bet Sir, there is a contract in place and those that now play hide and seek do not fare well in the long run.

What sort of ridiculous point is this - that they can just choose not to communicate with their customers?  Roll Eyes These are not the actions of a company that is in it for the long run, customer service is of the utmost importance not something to be tossed aside at the whim of the "CEO".

comp006

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:12:38 PM

Hi, I'm reading here now for a while. First it's good that the miners are shipped at all, even if the production capacity is very low. But when I called Bitmine  I was really disappointed about the statement that my device will be shipped on 16th of April, because I called them 8 days before and they said that it will be shipped in 10 days. In the face of German energy prices I hope that it will be usefull for more than as a door stopper when it arrives.

My order
(February week 1)

Queue Position : 515
Order number : #319*
Date of payment  November 26, 2013
Method of Payment : Bank/Wire Transfer
Product : desk
Hashing Power: 400
Destination: Standard Shipping
shipping 16th of April (I hope so, if they have not lied to me again)
comp006 - how do you know the delivery date is 16 April - is it maybe 16 March??

I'm really sure the guy (I do not remember who it was) at the phone said my device would be shipped on 16th of April. Hopefully he said it wrong or I've got it wrong (I was in a loud enviroment, because of the small timeframe to call them, I'm not at home at these times). I was really shocked, so I forgot to ask for validation.

I will write, when I'll get my shipping confirmation.
silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:42:01 PM

Thanks and good luck.

Dear Keefe,

This happened before to Yifu Guo when he was dispatching Avalon rigs. I'm just sayin' these things happen.
They fixed this by changing courier services.
He talks about this somewhere at the middle of this presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZPnHCHnNQ

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/story/Dubioses-Geschaeft-mit-Bitcoin-Rechnern-18031481

here we go guys...

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:54:45 PM

Just for Information:
1TH/s Desk arrived Friday. Que Number 13x
Compensation + 600GH/s

They work very well. Good Job Bitmine! Apart from delivery date!

Downer: There are loud as hell. separate room, door closed, i still hear them.

Is there a way to change the builtin fans and use silence fans?
it seems i have to remove the cards before i can get to the fans.
Anybody who have done this before?

Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

Just for Information:
1TH/s Desk arrived Friday. Que Number 13x
Compensation + 600GH/s

They work very well. Good Job Bitmine! Apart from delivery date!

Is there a way to change the builtin fans and use silence fans?
it seems i have to remove the cards before i can get to the fans.
Anybody who have done this before?

when was your miner shipped and when the miner arived ?

giorgiomassa

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:16:14 PM

Thank you giorgiotheclown, we always appreciate mainstream media coverage and the people from 20mins were really friendly.

We are still waiting for you to come to visit us, did you accept our invitation?
giorgiomassa

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

In the next firmware version the fan speed will be set dynamically according to load and ambient temperature, so you can expect it to be better :-)
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Thank you giorgiotheclown, we always appreciate mainstream media coverage and the people from 20mins were really friendly.

We are still waiting for you to come to visit us, did you accept our invitation?

no problem giorgio, i think there comes a lot more in "mainstream media"

if i find time, i will visit you. need i some bullet proof wests or something?

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
tranquille

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:27:28 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 05:50:37 AM by tranquille

In the next firmware version the fan speed will be set dynamically according to load and ambient temperature, so you can expect it to be better :-)
Hey Giorgio you f**ktard - how about you stop posting here anything other than official statements or updates?

You still have not said any word about Rigs - you have not commented about your breach of contract by preferring petamine where you f*cked everyone who ordered early - you violated the CPP deliberately - and you simply don´t give a rat´s 4ss about your customers.

Either you start communicating in a normal way or GTFO.
tranquille

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Exactly that.

You made a bet. You lost. He is having your money. It was YOUR decision. You want to hand him on a tree or what? If you can sew bitmine for something they did illegaly ok. Please, be friendly to people, who DONT want to communicate with you. Its their choice.

Secondly he invested your money in technology for bitcoins, what i appreciate. Sorry for your money.
Rubbish.
It never was a bet.
Orders were based upon promises as well as guarantees.

rmb2u

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

@ giorgiomassa

Can you maybe tell the expected delivery / production times for the orders made in januari / Februari?
I have tried multiple mails, but NO reaction at all.

My order should be ready this week according your website, but because off the delays i don't think it will be finished. I choose local pickup because i will be closeby this week, but unfortunattely i don't get answers on my mail questions.

Delay is no problem for me, but please communicate about it.

Thanks in advance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: