Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:31:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 202929 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:35:42 PM

It honestly does sound a bit like that. When your 60 days are gone you can get more than a full refund so I really don't see what the problem is. Unless people are actually complaining that they didn't profit as much as they had hoped.

The goal is and always was to recieve a working device at the promised shipment week.

Now that most people have abandoned CPP and Turbomode as their "saviour", they really feel "punked" because it looks like they have involuntarily given bitmine a 6 month loan (or more).

Having my money "parked" for such a long time for 10% bonus is the last thing I wished for.

I am not a bank.

And I will not say "thank you" for the 10% bonus I will get should I apply for a refund. I will still feel "punked".
It's sad that you can't see that.

giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:37:20 PM

… what I really do not understand:
In the interview with 20min.ch, Mr. Masserotto says:
Nun aber sind wir seit drei Wochen auf Kurs, produzieren 200 Einheiten die Woche und sind zuversichtlich, die Verspätungen bald einzuholen.»

Translation: since 3 weeks everythings works as expected and  bitmine reached a production of 200 units per week.

Hmm, this means, 600 units should be available? 

If I am not wrong, Retrogamer had queue positions around 60 ?
Of course, there are some units used for compensation, but between 60 and 600 is a huge difference.

For me, this makes no sense

that means, there are 450 desk mining in the bitmine wallet...

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Finnminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:46:08 PM

are you giorgios lawyer or what?
No, just a customer like everyone else here. I just think that people had way too optimistic expectations for such a high risk investment.
Fireminer

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:46:38 PM

Guys,
A question: anybody who wants my paid order of a 1 TH/s Bitmine desk miner? I will not be able to run the ordered 2 miners at home... a change of personal conditions.  For one miner I may find place, but one will not have home.
This is order 353x, paid end of November, initially for February week 1 delivery, and in an email Antonio promised to send it to me in end of March.
It is yours for 4300 Euros (this includes paid delivery in EU of $79). Also, as Bitmine gives extra 10% hash power per every 10 days of delay, so I suppose it will be 40-50% more, so you may get yet also another miner of 500 GH/s for free.
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:50:00 PM

No, just a customer like everyone else here. I just think that people had way too optimistic expectations for such a high risk investment.

high risk for pre-order ? -> your seriously ? ..... pre-order have normal no high risk, if the company did a good job !...

delays can be happen -> maybe 2 or 4 weeks... but not month an month....

giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

read giorgios over optimistic non stop posts...

high risk investment? it was a hardware preorder...

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Finnminer

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:03:01 PM

It was a pre order for a bitcoin ASIC miner. Has there ever been a pre order for one with no issues? Of course it's high risk. The risk of price fluctuations, the risk of rising difficulty, the risk of it being a complete scam, the risk of a young company not being able to deliver on time.. the list goes on and on.
giorgiotheclown

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:05:07 PM

It was a pre order for a bitcoin ASIC miner. Has there ever been a pre order for one with no issues? Of course it's high risk. The risk of price fluctuations, the risk of rising difficulty, the risk of it being a complete scam, the risk of a young company not being able to deliver on time.. the list goes on and on.

KNC? 3 weeks delay! young company!

open a new thread, bitmine fanboy and post there your shit...

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:09:35 PM

The risk of price fluctuations, the risk of rising difficulty

What does this have to do with a hardware developper?

They just have to build the machines, for crying out loud.

Don't mix those things together... market risk, and bitcoin difficulty have absolutely nothing to do with hardware manufacturing.

This risk is not part of our deal with bitmine, so you can't list this as a justified reason why they have problems.

remember that it was not even a month ago that they finally finished the working coindesk prototype.
http://bitmine.ch/?p=5176

What I assumed should have been done in december (when I ordered in november) was only done two months later.... I can only say: wow.

Finnminer

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:02:38 AM

I'm definitely not a fanboy. And I do think that they have handled this whole thing very poorly. But the sad reality is that it was to be expected. It's just the way the ASIC thing works. Or at least did work. I think the Chinese will take over and change that. I recently ordered a couple of AntMiners and I have to say I'm shocked how well they handled everything.

But if Bitmine does deliver within the 60 day period or they return the money after it I don't see any reason for law suits etc. But at the same time I'm still a bit nervous that they manage to fail there too.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 05:07:54 AM

But if Bitmine does deliver within the 60 day period or they return the money after it I don't see any reason for law suits etc. But at the same time I'm still a bit nervous that they manage to fail there too.

Me neither. I just want my miners and I am fine.
I never said that bitmine is a scam (check all my previous posts). They don't fit the criteria to be called a scam. Incapable yes, but not a scam.
So a lawsuit doesn't make sense (yet?).

I think all this will either be a lesson to bitmine, or they wont have a bright future...

I'm definitely not a fanboy. And I do think that they have handled this whole thing very poorly. But the sad reality is that it was to be expected. It's just the way the ASIC thing works. Or at least did work.

No I don't think so. I think bitmine really had good intentions... I can't otherwise explain how they came up with a device design that carries individual moduls.
There plan was (I must assume) to create a customer loyalty... making the satisfied customer buy a small device and happily upgrading it over time... something like that.... Or what were they thinking?

Anyway now after 4 months...... isn't it hilarious how stupid it is to have devices with modules?
I mean who in their right mind is going to order additional moduls to complete a full set after all this fiasko and desaster?

Or again... the big conspiracy... they really totally expected that CPP would be triggered with every customer, and that's why they went with moduls from the start,
so that they can play this fractional modul game with us... Cheesy

xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:52:35 AM

I can buy 1TH from bitmaintech delivered within 3 days for 5 Btc ( 2250 euro ) TODAY !
The vat on my Desk is going to be around 1000 euro
after all these delays these Desks are not truly the original value we bought them at .
I feel Bitmine should reduce the invoice paper works to allow us to pay less Taxes
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

high risk for pre-order ? -> your seriously ? ..... pre-order have normal no high risk, if the company did a good job !...

You're obviously very new to Bitcoin mining hardware pre-orders.  IMHO Bitminer are doing a lot better job than Hashfast and their final specs are a lot closer to the mark than Cointerra.  While I'll not even mention BFL shall I.

Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:45:44 AM

You're obviously very new to Bitcoin mining hardware pre-orders.  IMHO Bitminer are doing a lot better job than Hashfast and their final specs are a lot closer to the mark than Cointerra.  While I'll not even mention BFL shall I.

You really thinking of Bitmine?Huh ...not Bitmain  Wink

... maybe you don`t know that Bitmine sold original 110nm Avalon chip hardware to clients monthes ago, forced them to upgrade it to their new hardware & even have not delievered that clients what should get their miners in November. The whole thing is a big fuck-up at all, including scamming people by shipping to Petahash their miners & flood market massive with chips. AFAIK this thing is even worse than BFL as they regulary posted some news & people got hardware from BFL even earlier. I don`t defend now BFL but they shipped me my 55nm chips after 100 days like they stated on their website.

IMHO Bitmine was the worst hardware producer  I`ve ever ordered - I had really no company advertised such bullshit like Giorgio & changed whole contract include TOS-editing after.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:49:36 AM

You're obviously very new to Bitcoin mining hardware pre-orders.  IMHO Bitminer are doing a lot better job than Hashfast and their final specs are a lot closer to the mark than Cointerra.  While I'll not even mention BFL shall I.

... maybe you don`t know that Bitmine sold original 110nm Avalon chip hardware to clients monthes ago, forced them to upgrade it to their new hardware & even have not delievered that clients what should get their miners in November. The whole thing is a big fuck-up at all, including scamming people by shipping to Petahash their miners & flood market massive with chips. AFAIK this thing is even worse than BFL as they regulary posted some news & people got hardware from BFL even earlier. I don`t defend now BFL but they shipped me my 55nm chips after 100 days like they stated on their website.

IMHO Bitmine was the worst hardware producer  I`ve ever ordered - I had really no company advertised such bullshit like Giorgio & changed whole contract include TOS-editing after.

Bfl had about a year delay for early orders.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

Zefir, just a question about the software.  I'm a 2 TH/s Rig customer, and I'm "hosting" it myself rather than in a professional datacentre.  If for some reason my cooling solution fails, does the software shut the Rig down to prevent over-heating?

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:59:37 AM

I can buy 1TH from bitmaintech delivered within 3 days for 5 Btc ( 2250 euro ) TODAY !
The vat on my Desk is going to be around 1000 euro
after all these delays these Desks are not truly the original value we bought them at .
I feel Bitmine should reduce the invoice paper works to allow us to pay less Taxes

+

Absolutely true!!
We have anyway a disadvantages of competition in europe or maybe not whole europe, but particularly in germany! Think of energy, colocation...
And what i have seen from posts in both bitmine threads, official or not, i think there are plenty customers from countrys near switzerland or europe.

The disadvantage from delayed delivery hits us the hardest.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:34:55 AM

After 60 days you get more money back than what you paid in the first place. [...]

Who got their refund?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:08:05 AM

Bfl had about a year delay for early orders.

While they first claimed their 28nm Monarchs would start shipping last October.  While they've currently claimed they will start shipping in April #AsIf

Finnminer

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:18:56 AM

After 60 days you get more money back than what you paid in the first place. [...]

Who got their refund?
I don't know. Is there someone who's asked for a refund and not received it? Until there's proof that they don't refund I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: