July 11, 2024, 04:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009222 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:39:25 AM

Community is waking up, nice to see. Thank you Mintpal and good morning.  Wink
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:52:44 AM

Andreas Antonopoulos put it well when he said that 2014 is Bitcoin's year. All the altcoins can forget it for now. Their time will come. They will be pulled along later by Bitcoin's rise. As the price of Bitcoin rises again, so the price of other coins fall in comparison. In my opinion, the only thing Zeitcoin needs is better public awareness of how good it really is. That should come in time. Zeitcoin has an advanced wallet that, in my experience, works well. A few days ago, I received my first minting payment for doing nothing other than opening my wallet every now and then. That's what fully Proof of Stake means. No inefficient mining. Just open the wallet and you are periodically rewarded for doing virtually nothing. Once people find out how good Zeitcoin really is, the price will rise. Perhaps some of us don't want that to happen just yet, while steadily buying up the coin at a ridiculously low price. The coin is good. Cultivating awareness by spreading the word and marketing is the next stage. The time fortunes are made are during depressions when prices are low and most people sell out. My investment is modest. I like the the odds. I'm staying in!
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:20:16 AM

I`m staying in too.Some times i thought that i have to dump them but no.I`m here and i`m in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:56:03 PM

zeitcoins charm (and other coins) was teh great fun to be had mining it during the proof of work phase, the effort to get it listed, and the anticipation of the transition of proof of stake. the thrill is gone.
bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 02:54:16 PM by bitalkpl

my current zeitcoin PoS is now equal to the daily mining of LTC by two HD5850 day.  While the price for ZEITCOIN equals to 0.00000001 sat

gazzamc

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

I think the first mistake was moving all zeit discussing over to it's own forum, many of us here are checking threads (when they're active)... and lot of people thought nothing was happening so lost interest...

@CapSER2.0

What is the plan? you need to give us something so we know what were getting into... you can gain interest without details.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:52:56 PM

zeitcoins charm (and other coins) was teh great fun to be had mining it during the proof of work phase, the effort to get it listed, and the anticipation of the transition of proof of stake. the thrill is gone.

Well, the thrill has been gone from Bitcoin for a while now and it is still sought after. So much so that people are willing to knowingly and unremorsefully scam people just to get it. But it is still going strong. There is nothing new or cool about Bitcoin. What's the difference? I don't think that Zeit should be based solely on the "thrill" of mining or getting it listed on exchanges. Those things are all fine and dandy, but not everything.

If I'm not mistaken, Darkcoin is strictly POS now and it is very much in demand. They don't have any more bells and whistles than Zeit does. The only difference I see is that Darkcoin doesn't have huge sell walls bogging the price down and not letting it go anywhere. Darkcoin didn't have a bunch of idiots who dumped the price right back down to 2 satoshi when it jumped up to 10+ satoshi after the multipool came online like what happened with Zeit. And yes, I know the whole supply and demand thing has a huge influence on the price of Darkcoin. They have far less total coinage than we do. But they had their share of controversy in the beginning with their huge premine that went to a select few people. Zeit never had that. Zeit's premine was used for giveaways and promotion of the coin.

So again, I don't think that Zeit not having a mining thrill factor anymore has anything to do with this issue we are facing. We need to attract buyers with lots of BTC to spare to buy up those huge sell walls. And I doubt that any big money investor will care if it is still minable or not. I would think they would care more about pumping up the price and keeping it stable and then letting their wallet do the work for them.

I know there are members of the community who are perfectly happy with the price being so low. But I know that for Zeit to ever be taken seriously as a viable altcurrency that it has to have value. Right now we are hurting because there were too many dumpers and not enough buyers. That's what need to change. And to do that we have to promote the coin. It already has plenty of bells and whistles. It needs buyers.

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:57:51 PM

I think the first mistake was moving all zeit discussing over to it's own forum, many of us here are checking threads (when they're active)... and lot of people thought nothing was happening so lost interest...

@CapSER2.0

What is the plan? you need to give us something so we know what were getting into... you can gain interest without details.

I don't think that was a mistake at all. The whole purpose of that forum was to have a place to call our own. How many other altcoins have their own forum? And this thread had become so polluted with people whining about not receiving their bounties (because they couldn't follow directions and contact the correct people about it) and people asking the same questions over and over again like "How does POS work?" and "How do I get the wallet to sync?" Instead of using the search funtion they were asking the same questions over and over again and people were getting tired of answering the questions over and over again. The forum was and still is a good idea and would be more successful if more people would use it. There is nothing wrong with posting in this thread and on the forum too.

bitalkpl

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:23:19 PM

Is there any relationship with TZM, do they support us some how?
Or zeitcoin supports TZM?

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

The original basis of Zeitcoin was that we support TZM ideals. I can't say for certain, but I'm sure that Zeit, just like most other coins, was very heavy on the amount of people who were more interested in trying to make a profit moreso than being interested in the meaning behind the coin. There are some of us still here that do still support TZM though. And some have even made contact with their local TZM chapters to try and raise awareness about Zeitcoin. But there is still a lot of work that needs to be done in that area.

pazsion

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:37:53 PM

TZM zeitcoin support I prefer this to understand
 Smiley
bitalkpl

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:43:56 PM

TZM zeitcoin support I prefer this to understand
 Smiley
I mean http://thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Let's collect some ideas for the near future:

1. Wallet with chatbox
2. Wallet with update alert
3. 4 weeks / year - Summer POW event
4. Zeitbay (in progress, awesome, thank you guys)
5. Buttons, stickers, T-Shirts, real coins etc...
6. Website upgrade - What makes zeit special, what is zeit and why it is green
7. Zeitcoin slogan/quote/news of the month (wallet)
8. Zeitcoin Zoodle-Logo in the wallet. (changes every month)

further ideas?
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

Well, seems like a lot has happened in the 26 hours I've spent miles away from any online device.

Many good points have been very well made by some wise & enlightened people.

-Leaves this ole Lion with much head-scratching & keyboard-bashing to do, I fear Sad

For sure, there is much to discuss, much to be done, that I'd hoped for a somewhat longer & less turbulent period of grace to be brought to a mutually agreeable conclusion.

The 'harsh realities' of such a short-sighted, capitalistic & lawless cyberville as this one have denied us that possibility so we are all forced to confront a new reality.

Right now, I cannot 'speak for the coin'  - I do not feel that I have 'The Authority' to do that.

All I can do is speak as an ordinary human being who has found themselves in a position I neither expected nor sought.

I ended up here mostly because I happen to have the time to do it. 30 months ago I was 'thrown on the scrapheap' at the peak of the recession. Financially I've been slowly bleeding to death ever since. Mentally, the internet keeps me learning, keeps me thinking, keeps me sane - well 'ish' anyway Wink

So when "Mr ZeitCoin" started what we believed at the time was a totally understandable & unquestionable absence, I had no problem in stepping up to the plate & giving of myself for the benefit of a coin which was standing up for some principles which I hold very dear. I felt it to be a minor role, just picking up a bit of the P.R. slack that he would be dealing with himself on his return. Stuff suited to my experience & personality.

As time has gone on, I've found myself in a somewhat more prominent role than I'm really comfortable with. I've dealt with it as best I can, balancing my time between: Mining & trading enough coin to help with the little indulgences that make life worth living; promoting the joys of the cryptosphere to places far, far away from BTC; and trying to represent the cheery, confident face of ZeitCom here & on the forum.

The hard, inescapable fact is that the person we think of as "The Dev"  - although I think it's common knowledge now that he did not, in fact, develop the coin but paid someone to do it for him - has given up on this coin. He will not be returning. We are leaderless.

The "Keys of the Kingdom" are safe. The coin & its' wallet etc are "fit for purpose". PoS works correctly.

Yet we now find ourselves in times of challenge, in self-doubt. Even perhaps a 'whiff of mutiny'.

I DO have a dream for the future of the coin, the community. But it's not an official dream, not an agreed dream. It's not even a technical dream! It's not represented by a Mission Statement or a recognised organisation or movement. If I thought there were enough people for whom that dream was something they could adopt & work toward - Especially those few have 'done all the hard graft' behind the scenes since mid-March - then I would offer that dream to you all.

My greatest fear is that the voices of those who would sacrifice the 'soul' of this coin in order to turn a financial gain in the short term will drown out the voices of those good souls who are here because they too are willing to give of themselves not JUST for a real-world reward in the longer term but also because they recognise & wish to support the 'cause' of freeing humanity from the slavery of rampant global capitalism & the fascism of the fractional reserve private banking system.

I'll work with or for anyone who still cares about the 'soul' of why this coin exists. And vice versa.

Simples!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:30:10 PM

Let's collect some ideas for the near future:

1. Wallet with chatbox
2. Wallet with update alert
3. 4 weeks / year - Summer POW event
4. Zeitbay (in progress, awesome, thank you guys)
5. Buttons, stickers, T-Shirts, real coins etc...
6. Website upgrade - What makes zeit special, what is zeit and why it is green
7. Zeitcoin slogan/quote/news of the month (wallet)
8. Zeitcoin Zoodle-Logo in the wallet. (changes every month)

further ideas?

I would add to the list:
9. raise some fund for giveways/contests to recruit new members to the ZEIT community. We need fresh blood that would bring fresh look and new ideas.
That is also related to de-listing at Mintpal - it is definitely a bad sign, but it may be an opportunity, if we start promoting the coin a bit louder than recently.

10. small upgrade to wallet - add total in the overview that sums up all three: balance, stake and unconfirmed to make the wallet even better than it is.

this space is intentionally left blank
CapSER2.0

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:01:33 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 05:09:30 AM by CapSER2.0

First of all I want to apologize for my harsh criticism of yesterday to Lion, I made this in hot and very upset by the news that shook us badly yesterday about of MintPal. Sorry!
I think, the first thing we have to do is unite us all more than ever to bring to ZEIT ahead! I not only want success of ZEIT, I also share the ideals expressed by Lion. Thank to Ray and Lion for all their efforts made​​. We need of you for the strategic plan for the rescue of ZEIT from hell.
Like I said, I have a strategic plan to rescue ZEIT, but I do not want to be leader of anything. We do not need leaders, we need good ideas and projects, and then perform them.
I want to put my plan into consideration of the hard core of this community, its most hard prominent members, for democratic approval! To form something of a deliberative Congress where we will decide the direction to follow from now on.
I estimate that my strategic plan has a 75% probability of success! I have great faith because they are given all the necessary conditions to apply it with favorable results. But I need the democratic approval of the hard core of this community to start working all together in the right direction.
The thorough details of my plan, I will expose once that we achieve to gather the hard core of this community, in a kind of virtual democratic deliberative Congress to unify positions and views.
In which is based my strattegic plan? As a preview of its foundations, I can list the following:

1. Unite and conform a hard core of this community, reaching a critical mass capable of being relevant and of great weight in the exchange markets.

2. Proceed in form coordinated, synchronized and systematic way, all at the same time and in the same direction, according to a strategic plan of ZEIT rescue, to follow. Because if we do each separately, individually and disorderly, there is not many chanses of success for out of this abyss. The top secret is to act all in form coordinated in the same direction!

3. My biggest strength is the knowledge that I have of the markets, and the behavior of investors in these (They are much guided by the analysis of the price-volume of coins, that is for the evolution that each coin had in the past). Based on this, I can almost guarantee that there are no real posibilities of that ZEIT leave the pit with a pump fall from heaven, any whales is going to risk much so, seeing the past performance price-volume of ZEIT.
The biggest problem which has ZEIT are those huge sell walls condemning longtime this coin, do not allowing let it grow freely, those walls asphyxiate it and could end up killing it, if persist for much longer. For worse, over time get fatter even more these walls of sell, for weariness of investors that previously trusted in the coin but slowly were losing that trust.
However, all these sell walls that condemns to ZEIT, have no reason to exist, because these walls are formed when investors expect take advantage of a savior bomb falling from the sky, and that's extremely unlikely!
Therefore, ZEIT need get rid of those sales walls with a strategic plan! Wink

4. We need to get better use of the human and material resources that we have, we need to unite us and organize us to have more chanses of success. Always in a democratic environment where it is decided by the majority! Smiley

To start, we must conform the hard core of this community! People very compromised with this coin! That deserves to have voice and vote in decisions to follow...

ZEIT: MpKWWsnqqJ32jKchgfmwKBFkRzNCU8XjUu
bitalkpl

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

The original basis of Zeitcoin was that we support TZM ideals. I can't say for certain, but I'm sure that Zeit, just like most other coins, was very heavy on the amount of people who were more interested in trying to make a profit moreso than being interested in the meaning behind the coin. There are some of us still here that do still support TZM though. And some have even made contact with their local TZM chapters to try and raise awareness about Zeitcoin. But there is still a lot of work that needs to be done in that area.

We need to work closely with the TZM community, on their websites, in their films, and articles that will be publishing.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:18:10 PM

I wrote to Mintpal to ask what we have to do to return from LTC purgatory and got the response that we need to get back to equivalent of 3-4 satoshi to be re-evaluated.
So it is all in our hands!

this space is intentionally left blank
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

@CapSER2.0 -

No harm, no foul.

I'd rather you were "inside the tent pissing out" than "outside the tent pissing in" anyway so why don't you lay out your ideas  in the proper place - the forum?

Same for everyone else!

The very first thing the coin/community needs right now is people willing to 'do the graft' on its' behalf, rather than just hoping that someone else does it for you.

We have a wonderful opportunity here - to evolve from being a developer-run coin to becoming a true community coin.

We have the basic tools already - a rock-solid wallet & blockchain and a place to meet, discuss & decide.

All that is lacking is people willing to give, each according to their 'gifts', of themselves for the benefit of all.

Need motivation? Just watch the Zeitgeist movie again!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:49:18 PM

I wish I could say with conviction that the move to the LTC market will get rid of all the dumpers, but we all know better than that. Dumpers will be dumpers.

And besides, MintPal, it seems, is going to make a killing off of the move. If you think about it, in my opinion, LTC is on its way out. I believe it is quickly losing its popularity due to the rise of DRK. It is very possible that LTC will soon lose its number 2 spot next to BTC. In fact, a quick check of crypto-prices.com shows that DRK has exceeded LTC in value by $1 (as of this writing). So with that in mind, it should be evident that people who still insist on dumping their Zeit will trade the LTC for BTC (or other coins). So MintPal stands to make a profit off of the original sell of Zeit for LTC, and then make a profit off of the sell of LTC to BTC (or other coins). Again, just my flawed logic at work here.

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: