May 10, 2024, 01:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009209 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:19:16 PM

I currently have 20.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:50:56 PM

I've been on holiday for the last two weeks. Good to hear about consolidating functionality with regards to the new wallet, even though the present one works just fine - I don't really want to give it up, it performs that well.
The new wallet cannot speedup the syncing, but in my case it opens the wallet (indexing process) after 45 sec. (~15 Minutes with the old one).
Indexing time depends on the type of your filesystem, OS and the rpm of your hard drive.
Best results reported on NTFS with a fast SSD. But that's history, now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:09:34 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 03:01:23 AM by kiklo

Both good points you made, Lion.
As for the first one, it is inevitable I believe. Most of the people swimming in the altcoin sea, came here for quick bucks. Most of them got burned and cashed out at loss, others stayed longer than expected, but will leave as soon as they will be close to break even. ZEITCOIN ain't different here, I am afraid. The question however is different, how to guarantee that we get new long-term members to replace those who left at 8 sat, if we ever get there?

The second issue is a bit tricky and somehow related to the first one. Imagine, you have someone with 500 Mill ZEIT (I wish that was me) that were bought at say 3 sat, for a whooping 15 BTC. You can easily become a #zeitknight with that, at first and any next recruitment event, but what is the guarantee your only motivation will be to break even and get out rather than further development of the coin?

I think the key question is - How do we set Zeitcoin apart from the crowd & make it more attractive to the people who DO have a more philanthropic view of life than the 'I-wanna-get-rich-right-fucking-now' leeches who currently plague the #cryptosphere.

One partial answer to that question is to ensure that the 'leadership' of the coin can be proven to be motivated by other than just short-term financial gain.

I think there has been some misunderstanding over my previous suggestion, over the amounts for sure. I didn't suggest any 'coz it was late & I didn't have the mental energy to work through any calcs, plus we haven't agreed how often applications could be made to the #ZeitKnights anyway.

So here's a ballpark example of what I had in mind...

Say we only recruit once a year. The January 2015 membership level is 100 million. By January 2016 minting will grow that to ~ 120 million, but the #zeitknight is pledged to tithe 10% of his/her mintings to the 'common purse' so that knight will have 118 million if they do nothing else.

So how about a condition that at the NEXT recruiting point, the knight is pledged to increase their holding by 50% of the NET amount they minted in the previous period?

That would mean that in order to retain their membership. the knight would have to increase their bag by at least 9% through purchases, hence (loosely taking the 5% annual decrease in interest into account) the 2016 entry level would be 127 million.

The main issue I believe you want to achieve is stability & a way to protect zeitcoin if their are any knights or major whales that dump therefore hurting out efforts.
The Cannon & Shield Portion of the Knights will be setting up defenses against dumping attacks, so that even if a few knights decide to cash out at 8 satochi or somewhere else. The Remaining faithful will be more than able to stop them. Will update the War room with more info on the cannon and shield in the next 2 days. As long as a knight hold 100 million zeitcoins , he will be part of the round table, it would be nice to keep that issue simple for everyone, and save the complex issues for the other projects.
So far:
1. We will have to add 1 million zeitcoins to the Zeit Faucet every Month
2. Starting next year , we will be paying for a 2nd enhanced Block Explorer
3. The Zeit interest that goes to the gaming division.
4. We should help Ray shoulder the Price burden of the web site, which he has been carrying alone.
5. The Sword & Shield will require funding by the knights , in something beside zeitcoins.
6. Whatever other projects come up to achieve our goals.

Cool

Edit : Agreed , Sword & Shield sounds Better
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1326
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:05:06 PM

Don't care about the server costs. It's nothing towards the hours of work i've spent for this coin. Cheesy I wanna see this coin moving forward. (I think i speak in the behalf of Lion and Steve, too)
Besides i would like to thank beejay, BeholdTheTrueWake and flagged for their work in the past.

We should use this second chance on the #roundtable.
We were all naive beginners, while the creator left us for other projects. Now it's time to grow up.

cheerz,
Zay

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

Don't care about the server costs. It's nothing towards the hours of work i've spent for this coin. Cheesy I wanna see this coin moving forward. (I think i speak in the behalf of Lion and Steve, too)
Besides i would like to thank beejay, BeholdTheTrueWake and flagged for their work in the past.

We should use this second chance on the #roundtable.
We were all naive beginners, while the creator left us for other projects. Now it's time to grow up.

cheerz,
Zay

You're really good with graphics Zay... Looking forward for Zeit to be the coin of 2015!
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

With respect kiklo, nothing has been agreed about your ideas, they are just as much suggestions for discussion as mine or anyone else's.

Personally I think 'sword & shield' are more fitting titles than 'cannon & shield', just for a start!

NOT convinced that 'gaming' is a good thing to get involved in either - there are many coins that have focussed solely on that from the start - indeed are already either working with games studios or developing their own games (BlakeCoin for one!).

Thunkest I that we need to find our own totally unique identity & 'soul' which will have mass-appeal.

But we have the time & space to hammer these out over the winter, and refine them, and perfect them.

No wukkers Wink

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:07:36 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 11:04:51 PM by atronite

With respect kiklo, nothing has been agreed about your ideas, they are just as much suggestions for discussion as mine or anyone else's.

Personally I think 'sword & shield' are more fitting titles than 'cannon & shield', just for a start!

NOT convinced that 'gaming' is a good thing to get involved in either - there are many coins that have focussed solely on that from the start - indeed are already either working with games studios or developing their own games (BlakeCoin for one!).

Thunkest I that we need to find our own totally unique identity & 'soul' which will have mass-appeal.

But we have the time & space to hammer these out over the winter, and refine them, and perfect them.

No wukkers Wink

Why not a site centered around buying and selling 3D printing blueprints in much the same way that you can buy apps for your smart phone? 3D printing IS one of the featured technologies in the Z movies.

Sadly, I don't have any of the pre-requisite knowledge necessary to make it happen. Sad

Also, is there a link to the whole Zeit-knights thing yet, complete with all the info? I got 180m, looking to stabilize prices at current levels with more. Not sure if I should just quietly accumulate up to a target price point every once in a while, or if i should set a price floor and adjust lower depending on the sell pressure.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:11:44 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 02:51:13 PM by kiklo

ZEITKNIGHTS
Jan 31., 2015
Become a legendary zeight (zeitknight) and help us to help others.
Registration is open for 4 weeks in February, 4 weeks in June, 4 weeks in October.

Currently there are 3 active members.
Rent-A-Ray     |   LionOfNarnia       |  Kiklo    |

Zeit-Knights
Sword & Shield
Donate 10% of their interest stake to help others and fund the Zeit-Games & Faucet.
Design & Commission of New Wallets
OverSee Games Design and Monitor Games Sites

Zeit-Games
(Online Game Designers will work closely with the Zeit-Knights.)
(Online Role Play Game that allows player to Spend & Receive Zeit in & outside the game)
(Zeit-Knights will fund specific amount of zeit monthly to be used for the ZEIT Game)
(Also we will setup a ZEIT Game Links on the Web Site & in the Forums.)

Slogans
“Zeitcoin: based on the Zeitgeist ethos.”                       submitted by BainbridgeJ
"In Zeit We Trust"                                                      submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"                                          submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Zeit : "Helping the Innocent and Innovation"                   submitted by Rent-A-Ray
"Zeit : "Innovation for the Innocent"                              submitted by LionOfNarnia
" die Zeit ist hier 'the time is here "                                submitted by Podizzle

Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
Wallets: Option to Combine Blocks, Automatically            submitted by Zels
Wallet Block explorer / Chatrooms / Exchange Link           submitted by Podizzle
Build, or Transform an Existing City                               submitted by BitcoinNational
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
ZEIT Friendly Tourist Location Listings
Making The Zeitcoin Council A Legal entity                     submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                      submitted by kiklo
Exchange Zeit for Preloaded Gift Cards                          submitted by kiklo
Site for buying and selling 3D printing blueprints              submitted by Atronite
Merchandise shop stickers, wallpapers, Watermarks         submitted by Mitras
Charity & Crowdfunding Projects                                  submitted by Rent-A-Ray
Picture shop selling commercial pictures for Zeitcoins       submitted by Rent-A-Ray

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZeitKnights
Submit a Unit Description & what function you think it would fill in the ZeitKnights.
Submit an idea for a Zeitcoin Game.

The ZeitKnight's End Game,
To make this World a Better Place for All who reside in it.
By making zeitcoin into a tool that can help someone next door or someone across the world.

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.
Members with more than 100 million zeit may proxy any extra to someone else to be considered for entry on the Zeit-Knights. (Lion working out the Proxy regulations)

Soon to be Listed under Completed Goals
Thanks to Efforts of Rent-A-Ray
New Wallets to speed up the Zeit Wallet Load time: submitted by UKI

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:22:23 AM

No wukkers Wink

Agreed : Updated to Sword & Shield

A role play Game is one avenue to create a virtual economy where people can buy & sell items to each other in a game and then exchange it for value in the real world and then back again.

These are all ideas that have been put up, and any better suggestions or ideas can certainly replace them. This is just to help focus the planning once more of the Knights are on the RoundTable.

Anyone who thinks they have a better idea for creating a virtual to physical world economy, post it and it will be listed on the ZeitKnights update page every few posts.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:26:28 AM

Don't care about the server costs. It's nothing towards the hours of work i've spent for this coin. Cheesy

Ray , you are truly one of a kind.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:38:44 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 04:35:25 AM by kiklo

Also, is there a link to the whole Zeit-knights thing yet, complete with all the info? I got 180m, looking to stabilize prices at current levels with more. Not sure if I should just quietly accumulate up to a target price point every once in a while, or if i should set a price floor and adjust lower depending on the sell pressure.

Most details in the ZeitKnights Post above, post any questions as we are literally summoning the ZeitKnights from the World of Imagination to be a Force for Good in the Physical World.
Trade however you see fit, the market will find its Balance.
The Sword & Shield next year will put in safeguards against dumpers, but for now it is the wild west until 2015. We already skyrocket from $22,000 to $140,000 market cap and back down to $41,000 in a very short amount of time.

Cool

Edit : Added Sword & Shield Forum to the War room
Mitras

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:59:06 AM

I have some ideas about virtual to physical world economy:

Ray for example is pretty well with graphics, I´m not so bad with it too and I think there are many other too. So whats about something like a merchandise shop?
Let´s do something like stickers, and wallpapers which can be bought by Zeitcoin. Publishing at twitter or somewhere else just with a big watermark and for xxx Zeitcoins it can be bought.
The Zeitcoins we are earning could be used to stabilize the coin value.

Just my 5 Cent

Greez
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:14:34 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:43:17 AM by kiklo

Zeit Trading Reminder

Never leave anything on an exchange for extremely long amounts of time that you are not willing to lose.
Best to make your trades Quick and keep the majority of your coins off the exchanges.

Bunch of underground rumors that the US gov., using FinCert & the SEC may start hassling companies dealing in Bitcoins in the coming weeks. May just be a bunch of FUD, but quick trades and not leaving your coins on the exchanges for weeks at a time would be a smart move.

Cool
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:16:06 AM

Hi Mitras,

Question:
Did you ever purchase a wallpaper? I would never pay for something like that, sorry.   
If you have a brand (like Coke), you can sell merchandise articles - but we are far away from anything like that.

When 20 people decided to buy a coffee cup or a shirt with a zeitcoin logo, they did it for zeitcoin.

Let's open up our eyes for the bitter reality:
We need something that is real smart and usable - not for us - for everyone.
A genius product or idea brings the customer to ZEIT, not vice versa.
Zeit is nothing special in this pool of 1000 coins and upcoming things in question - like the supernet.

Let's all ask ourself one question: Why should we use ZEIT? No answer?
That's the problem. There is no need for ZEIT.

We don't need any shop, where ZEIT is listed between 200 other currencies, between FIAT and credit cards.
We need a shop where you can simply pay with ZEIT - The coin that stands for technology and progress.

I like the idea of purchasing 3D-Models for printers or game developers.
Another idea could be a picture shop like http://www.dreamstime.com/ - where Webdevs are able to buy commercial pictures for ZEIT.

If we wanna help the needy, we need organizations accepting ZEIT.
Another idea could be our own organization:
A big page with different charity projects (validated by the counsel). People can donate in ZEIT, we will change to fu.... FIAT to help.
Cowdfunding:
A big page with different crowdfunding projects (validated by the counsel). People can pay in ZEIT, we will change to fu.... FIAT to fund.

just my 100 cents.

Cheers,
Ray
atronite

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:16:24 AM

Hi Mitras,

Question:
Did you ever purchase a wallpaper? I would never pay for something like that, sorry.   
If you have a brand (like Coke), you can sell merchandise articles - but we are far away from anything like that.

When 20 people decided to buy a coffee cup or a shirt with a zeitcoin logo, they did it for zeitcoin.

Let's open up our eyes for the bitter reality:
We need something that is real smart and usable - not for us - for everyone.
A genius product or idea brings the customer to ZEIT, not vice versa.
Zeit is nothing special in this pool of 1000 coins and upcoming things in question - like the supernet.

Let's all ask ourself one question: Why should we use ZEIT? No answer?
That's the problem. There is no need for ZEIT.

We don't need any shop, where ZEIT is listed between 200 other currencies, between FIAT and credit cards.
We need a shop where you can simply pay with ZEIT - The coin that stands for technology and progress.

I like the idea of purchasing 3D-Models for printers or game developers.
Another idea could be a picture shop like http://www.dreamstime.com/ - where Webdevs are able to buy commercial pictures for ZEIT.

If we wanna help the needy, we need organizations accepting ZEIT.
Another idea could be our own organization:
A big page with different charity projects (validated by the counsel). People can donate in ZEIT, we will change to fu.... FIAT to help.
Cowdfunding:
A big page with different crowdfunding projects (validated by the counsel). People can pay in ZEIT, we will change to fu.... FIAT to fund.

just my 100 cents.

Cheers,
Ray

I really think we need to follow the path that bitcoin followed on its eventual rise, and that's by opening up gambling sites that deal exclusively in zeit, featuring games like texas holdem. Games where paying zeit to save on time or buy digital items, like in-app purchases on iphone or on facebook games, is another route.

But we need people who can develop these sorts of things, and then sufficiently promote them. We could even sell the zeit for much higher than they normally go for, using the leftover cash to further grow the venture. While users can always get small amounts of zeit for free for the small-stakes tables, you will ultimately get users who'll pay $5 for millions of zeit.

We don't even HAVE to develop the system ourselves, we merely have to get other gambling sites who are ALREADY successful with this to simply add other coins (ours) to the mix. Since they are crypto like us, I'm sure they would be happy to assist (esp since we don't directly compete with them).

My recommendation: Contact the people who run the sites promoted in these links, tell them who we are, and ask them if they could assist us with setting up a similar operation for our coin.

http://bitcoinpokersites.net/
https://poker.betcoin.ag/
http://www.bigcoinpoker.com/

Ideally, we would try to diversify this into facebook and tablet/smartphone apps in order to maximize users.

The best part is, the users don't even NEED to know anything about crypto. They'd simply buy the zeit DIRECTLY from the website using their US/EU credit cards (albeit at inflated prices to pay operating costs).

As a result, this website, and others like it, would result in continuous demand for Zeit, and purchasing zeit would be treated as part of the costs of doing business. At no point would we treat it as a "currency", but rather the same way zynga treats its poker chips, except that there is an actual scarcity that exists for these "chips".

In fact, if anyone knows any places where I can get a quote from a web developer to create this site for me, I might even take this up as a business to promote zeit and make a bit extra to pay the bills. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers from this community to help with admin duties once things are set up.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:54:17 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 08:08:20 AM by kiklo

In fact, if anyone knows any places where I can get a quote from a web developer to create this site for me, I might even take this up as a business to promote zeit and make a bit extra to pay the bills. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers from this community to help with admin duties once things are set up.

www.elance.com
Web Developers & Programmers from all over the world.

Cool

FYI:
Anyone wanting to work on this with Atronite, PM him.
atronite

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:47:04 AM

www.elance.com
Web Developers & Programmers from all over the world.

Cool

FYI:
Anyone wanting to work on this with Atronite, PM him.

cool thanks!

Found a perfect template site:

https://pokershibes.com/

Used it in the job posting. We'll see what comes up. Smiley

I even came up with the perfect name for the site: HoldemZeits, because that's what you do with Zeitcoin. Smiley
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:51:18 AM

Sorry guys, but I am TOTALLY AGAINST, in the strongest possible terms, the use of Zeit for anything to do with gambling.

It goes against everything that the 'principles of Zeitgeist' stand for, it's a dangerous addiction that is helping to keep the downtrodden in even more poverty & I've personally seem a couple of previously-good family lives absolutely destroyed by it.

If the coin takes this route I will immediately offer my entire bag to the knights & walk away forever.

I have principles & I will stand by them.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:51:32 AM

I already asked for adding ZEIT to the voting list, but others may do that as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.220

this space is intentionally left blank
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:05:13 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 12:27:47 PM by Rent_a_Ray

Sorry guys, but I am TOTALLY AGAINST, in the strongest possible terms, the use of Zeit for anything to do with gambling.

It goes against everything that the 'principles of Zeitgeist' stand for, it's a dangerous addiction that is helping to keep the downtrodden in even more poverty & I've personally seem a couple of previously-good family lives absolutely destroyed by it.

If the coin takes this route I will immediately offer my entire bag to the knights & walk away forever.

I have principles & I will stand by them.

What would you do the whole day, while the robots are farming for you?   Cheesy
It's not fair to threaten us with sentence like "...walk away forever".
Everybody should have an opinion BUT the counsel is there to make the final decision at the end of day in such questions.
It's a kind of democracy.

If someone is playing Texas Holdem with highly speculative >>CRYPTOCOINS<<, he's over the worst, isn't he?
Gambling is his smallest problem...  Grin

my 5 cents...

Edit: What i want to say in one sentence: Some online games are not any kind of direction for a coin.

Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: