July 02, 2024, 08:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:04:38 PM

The way I understand it is that the "checkpoint" is like a checkpoint in a video game. In a video game, if your game ends and you restart it, you will restart at the last checkpoint. The blockchain checkpoint acts the same way. If someone does a 51% attack and forks the chain, then the blockchain can be restored to the original chain, but only up to the checkpoint. Right now, with the last checkpoint being the genesis block, if the chain were to get forked then that would cause havoc.
Also, and this is what I think Ray meant about "fasten your seatbelts" is that the checkpoint being closer to the current block will allow the wallet to load up much faster when it is opened up because it will only have to check the blockchain from the last checkpoint.
Ray, hopefully I'm not too far off-base here. Standing by for your more technical explanation!

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:17:45 PM

Allcrypt:
Deposits and withdrawals are impossible at the moment. No new blocks have been received in 2.3 hours. Average block time for the last 48 hours has been 139.39 minutes.

figures, i just fired up the wallet to make a wd. not seeing any problem with it, it's up to the minute.  Huh
Everything is looking good: Click  Wink

Contact Allcrypt support , they must be having issues with their system.
Zeitcoin is working normally.

Cool

FYI:
Checked https://www.allcrypt.com/blog/  for info and this popped up
Error establishing a database connection

OK, i opened a ticket. do we have a block explorer?
[edit] nvm, i found it
[edit] link sent

AllCrypt Support (AllCrypt.com)
Oct 10 09:19

Our zeit blocks are coming in absurdly slow. Have a link for a block explorer I can check out?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

The way I understand it is that the "checkpoint" is like a checkpoint in a video game. In a video game, if your game ends and you restart it, you will restart at the last checkpoint. The blockchain checkpoint acts the same way. If someone does a 51% attack and forks the chain, then the blockchain can be restored to the original chain, but only up to the checkpoint. Right now, with the last checkpoint being the genesis block, if the chain were to get forked then that would cause havoc.
Also, and this is what I think Ray meant about "fasten your seatbelts" is that the checkpoint being closer to the current block will allow the wallet to load up much faster when it is opened up because it will only have to check the blockchain from the last checkpoint.
Ray, hopefully I'm not too far off-base here. Standing by for your more technical explanation!
+1 Steve
A checkpoint is a hardcoded blockvalue and its hashs in the sourcecode.
Lots of people don't like checkpoints, because the guys with repository access have the force to set the proper chain.
They believe it destroys the idea of p2p. And the idea was: The real chain after a fork is the fastest with the biggest amount of confirmations.
We are forking constantly. (The Questionmarks in our mintings == unconfirmed transactions == someone was faster).  Wink

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:52:36 PM

+1 Steve
Lots of people don't like checkpoints, because the guys with repository access have the force to set the proper chain.
They believe it destroys the idea of p2p. And the idea was: The real chain after a fork is the fastest with the biggest amount of confirmations.
We are forking constantly. (The Questionmarks in our mintings == unconfirmed transactions == someone was faster).  Wink
Cool,
How Close will you be setting the new checkpoint in the update?

Cool
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:01:24 PM

+1 Steve
Cool,
How Close will you be setting the new checkpoint in the update?

Cool

No idea my friend,

one possible candidate could be:

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT&block=741427

Code:
static MapCheckpoints mapCheckpoints =
       boost::assign::map_list_of
       (     0, hashGenesisBlockOfficial )
       (     741427, uint256("0xf05750b131f09a2f8554ac40ddf5de8eab4bb8f8fa1999f3d8d6878d0c1fc13c")) //New Checkpoint
;

What does a real programmer think about it??

Thanks in advice,

Cheers, Ray

Edit: If it is a "good" one * - and maybe FanSan could help - the update ist not far away from now...

*good Block

PS: What about a new splashscreen:
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:00:42 PM

Looks great. Go for it!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

Sounds like democracy ;-)
Will have a guinness now --- imported..

Cheers and a gooooooood night,
Ray
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:13:58 AM

No idea my friend,

one possible candidate could be:

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT&block=741427

Code:
static MapCheckpoints mapCheckpoints =
       boost::assign::map_list_of
       (     0, hashGenesisBlockOfficial )
       (     741427, uint256("0xf05750b131f09a2f8554ac40ddf5de8eab4bb8f8fa1999f3d8d6878d0c1fc13c")) //New Checkpoint
;

Thanks in advice,

Cheers, Ray

Edit: If it is a "good" one * - and maybe FanSan could help - the update ist not far away from now...

*good Block

PS: What about a new splashscreen:

You will have to look in the mirror for that answer.  Cheesy

Was just looking at the confirmations over 3393 at the moment.
Confirmations will be even higher when you release the wallet.
Looks Great to me.

Love the New Splash Screen.  Cheesy

Amazing job.

Cool
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:13:09 AM

anyone think we should raise the interest rate to 30% for year 2? also i think stealth addresses / wallet block explorer / chatroom are cool wallet upgrades. eventually could even have exchange in the wallet. just interested in opinions
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:46:57 AM

Interesting ideas! Just out of curiosity, why would you want to raise the interest to 30% for year 2?

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:59:08 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 09:07:50 AM by kiklo

anyone think we should raise the interest rate to 30% for year 2? also i think stealth addresses / wallet block explorer / chatroom are cool wallet upgrades. eventually could even have exchange in the wallet. just interested in opinions

Our Rate is 25% this year and we drop 5% per year, (25%,20%,15%,10%,5%) .
Then a steady 5% every year after. The original idea was that a decreasing interest rate would cause the value of the existing coins to increase in value as the interest rate decreases.
Personally I agreed with that opinion.

A lot of coins are having the increase interest rate discussion in hopes it will increases demand for their coins. But a prime example is tekcoin 40% per month, if you bought tekcoin 3 months ago it was ~$.57 apiece, yet if you check them right now they are at ~$.04 a piece. You would have lost a lot more money than the high interest rate can bring back. A Massive Increase in Supply without a Massive Increase in Demand will cause massive price drops like what Tek is seeing.

Zeit is already seeing a increase in demand due to it's extremely low price and the coming support of the Zeit Counsel, we actually are not in the same boat as those other coins anymore. Plus when our interest rate drop to 20% around March 2015 it will increase demand for zeitcoins not lessen it.

The stealth addresses bring up some possible future legal issues, that would be more trouble than its worth. Plus how can you have an accurate block explorer if you are hiding sending or receiving addresses, is beyond me. Seems to me if you want stealth , that exchanges would be able to hide it better than the current options. Send your coins to an exchange at a scheduled time with the other person,and schedule a price a little over market price and they buy them a little over market price. The Exchange hides the fact that you transfer coins to someone else and does not show a direct transfer between the two of you.
The only way to be more stealthy would be to trade the devices that the coin wallet resides on instead of the coins themselves.

The wallet block explorer / chatrooms / Exchange Link are interesting ideas and will add them to the Zeit Counsel page posting under your name.

All Ideas Welcome.

Good Job.   Cheesy

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:34:30 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 01:02:15 AM by kiklo

ZEIT COUNSEL
Jan 31., 2015
Become a legendary zeight (zeit knight) and help us to help others.
Registration is open for 4 weeks in February, 4 weeks in June, 4 weeks in October.

Currently there are 4 active members on the Zeit Counsel.
Rent-A-Ray     |   LionOfNarnia       |  Kiklo    |  FaSan

Zeit-Knights
Design & Commission of New Wallets
OverSee Games Design and Monitor Games Sites
Cannon & Shield
(Seeding Zeit) Donate 10% of their interest stake to help others and fund the Zeit-Games.

Zeit-Games
(Online Game Designers will work closely with the Zeit-Knights.)
(Online Role Play Game that allows player to Spend & Receive Zeit in & outside the game)
(Zeit-Knights will fund specific amount of zeit monthly to be used for the ZEIT Game)
(Also we will setup a ZEIT Game Links on the Web Site & in the Forums.)

Slogans
“Zeitcoin: based on the Zeitgeist ethos.”                       submitted by BainbridgeJ
"In Zeit We Trust"                                                      submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"                                          submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Zeit : "Helping the Innocent and Innovation"                   submitted by Rent-A-Ray
"Zeit : "Innovation for the Innocent"                              submitted by LionOfNarnia
" die Zeit ist hier 'the time is here "                                submitted by Podizzle

Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
New Wallets to speed up the Zeit Wallet Load time          submitted by UKI
Wallets: Option to Combine Blocks, Automatically            submitted by Zels
Wallet Block explorer / Chatrooms / Exchange Link           submitted by Podizzle
Build, or Transform an Existing City                               submitted by BitcoinNational
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
ZEIT Friendly Tourist Location Listings
Making The Zeitcoin Council A Legal entity                     submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                      submitted by kiklo
Exchange Zeit for Preloaded Gift Cards                          submitted by kiklo

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZEIT Counsel
Submit a Unit Description & what function you think it would fill in the ZEIT Counsel.
Submit an idea for a Zeitcoin Game.

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.
Members with more than 100 million zeit may proxy any extra to someone else to be considered for entry on the counsel thru the Zeit-Knights.

Cool
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:30:05 AM

Thought I'd slip in a quick report, after exactly one full week back mining on the Blake ecosystem...

RIGS
1 x HD7990 running at I=11 (so I can still watch YouTube & play the odd 'tower defence' game)
1 x HD5870 running at I=14
Total hashrate = 4.615 + 2.535 = 7.15 GH/s

RESULTS
1.1916 LTC (Blake, BlakeBit, Electron, Photon & UMO converted on blaketrader.com)
0.009259 BTC (Dirac sold on Bittrex)

(Plus 917 Lithium which doesn't have a market yet as it's only a week old.)

BONUS the whole cottage is nice & cozy 24/7 Grin

So, disregarding the Lithium, that's roughly $ 9.18 or £ 5.74 over the week.

At the very worst, it's free heating for the winter - but you know what I'll be doing with the LTC Wink

I'm quite happy with that!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

I think we will sell our souls if we raise the interest, podizzle.
'Stealth' is not more than a world. There will be never a real stealth, because you have to drop your pants when you change into FIAT.
We should focus on "HELP THE INNOCENT" and "INNOVATION".
Only my 2 cents...

For questions or ideas like this, we hopefully will have the council in the future.

Cheers
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:15:23 PM

We should focus on "HELP THE INNOCENT" and "INNOVATION".

I am so adding that to the Slogan Choices.   Cheesy

Cool
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:50:49 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 01:56:48 PM by LionOfNarnia

I have also felt for a long time that 'chasing features' would be a very poor choice of direction to take -

- If for no other reason than "Well, a lot of good that did for VRC".

Same for 'anonymity' - The basic blockchain has as much of that as it needs, and there are whispers that IF there is an aggressive regulatory move against alts, it will be the anon-coins that will be targeted first, and hardest - Simply because those coins are the most attractive for those with 'illegal intentions'.

Sheer bloody SURVIVAL has to be number one priority. Does anyone know how many coins released after us are no more now? Yes, we've done a decent job so far ensuring that we were able to move into the 2nd six months of our life with at least one nostril above the waterline. Yes, there are now signs that our optimism was not unfounded. Our 'revaluation' seems to be holding firm & we've added at least one new exchange. Volumes, although still low, are increasing.

It is a time for optimism, but NEVER one for complacency.

I'll end this by suggesting combining Rays' words into a single slogan:-

"Innovation for the Innocent"

Wink

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:03:35 PM

I am so adding that to the Slogan Choices too.   Cheesy

Cool

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:35:04 PM

Good to see the promotion department (Kiklion Enterprises™) is working with full steam....   Grin Grin

Cheers,
Officer Alex Z. Murphy alias ZOBOCOP... (or was it ROBOZOP?)
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:37:32 PM

Wow, someone bought up the 1 sat sell wall on https://comkort.com/?r=87105700! Went to check to see what crypto-prices said, and ZEIT isn't listed there right now.  

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:43:11 PM

Wow, someone bought up the 1 sat sell wall on Comkort! Went to check to see what crypto-prices said, and ZEIT isn't listed there right now.  

Hey Steve... have a look at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zeitcoin/

50 BTC up in one week....

Haha, cool: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zeitcoin/#social
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: