Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Topps Allen & Ginter Reference Thread  (Read 84763 times)
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:27:33 PM

@dolphriends if you don't mind me asking where do you get those nice wood and glass display cases that hold four Ultra-Pros?

Had to customize make them myself, unfortunately they only make boxes for coins and coin slabs.  Maybe eventually they will make glass display boxes for the ultra pro or the psa graded slab.   Smiley Smiley.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 10:04:24 PM

@dolphriends if you don't mind me asking where do you get those nice wood and glass display cases that hold four Ultra-Pros?

Had to customize make them myself, unfortunately they only make boxes for coins and coin slabs.  Maybe eventually they will make glass display boxes for the ultra pro or the psa graded slab.   Smiley Smiley.

I thought they might be custom, you do nice work!

dolphriends

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:20:57 AM

I thought they might be custom, you do nice work!

Thank you Smiley
Whosull1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:59:20 AM

Here is what according to my count still remains in the wild of the #83 cryptocurrency

Ginter X    #1/1  silver mini

#1/5  #2/5  #3/5    red mini

and probably a handful of black mini's, maybe?

Ginter    1/1 base glossy

1/1 mini glossy

20 red brooklyn backs

1/1  wood stock

about 30 no #'s

Maybe a handful of glow in the darks 

So there are still plenty of the extremely rare  cards still out there for the treasure hunters Smiley     

Definitely still on the hunt.   

Correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked (couple weeks ago) the card collectors were in an uproar of the 1/1 wood stock being missing from this year's allen & ginger.   And the 1/1 glossy we're only for players (or people?)

Hoping I'm wrong on both counts so certainly appreciate clarification if any knows for sure.
dolphriends

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:15:16 AM

I have seen both available on ebay so I would question that they were missing, hope this helps.
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:27:03 AM

Definitely still on the hunt.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked (couple weeks ago) the card collectors were in an uproar of the 1/1 wood stock being missing from this year's allen & ginger.   And the 1/1 glossy we're only for players (or people?)

Hoping I'm wrong on both counts so certainly appreciate clarification if any knows for sure.

According to a link on page one from Cardboardconnection.com (Hat tip to Hybridsole).  The woods and metals are limited to 50 cards.

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
dolphriends

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:45:04 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 05:09:39 AM by dolphriends

Not sure on any of that.  I have seen the metals and woods of low numbers so do they all come from the rip cards of the higher numbers, just don't know since I have never pulled one from a pack myself  Roll Eyes  I know that beckett shows a wood mini 1/1 exists for #83.
dolphriends

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:46:06 PM

Just a brief update, you will notice now on ebay that the #83 black mini is around 600.00.  I also have been told by a very reliable source that there were only 50 of the black mini, the same as the no #.   Shocked
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:22:15 PM

Just a brief update, you will notice now on ebay that the #83 black mini is around 600.00.  I also have been told by a very reliable source that there were only 50 of the black mini, the same as the no #.   Shocked

This I'm skeptical of.   Assuming same release date and availability (topps not locking up NNOs in a safe),  we've seen less than 10 no number and 40 mini black ones making equal numbers statistically improbable.

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:26:38 PM

Just a brief update, you will notice now on ebay that the #83 black mini is around 600.00.  I also have been told by a very reliable source that there were only 50 of the black mini, the same as the no #.   Shocked

This I'm skeptical of.   Assuming same release date and availability (topps not locking up NNOs in a safe),  we've seen less than 10 no number and 40 mini black ones making equal numbers statistically improbable.

I agree on the 40 black minis - there must be way more than that.  So... are people just hodling the black minis and NNOs now? Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:36:19 PM

I agree on the 40 black minis - there must be way more than that.  So... are people just hodling the black minis and NNOs now? Tongue

Yep.  Both base x and mini black are good looking cards

Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:39:04 PM

Beckett sells a report of some type on price and availability.  I wonder what that report will show that an Ebay search won't.

dolphriends

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:19:21 AM

Let me explain,  there were around 200 cases of the ginter x where the black mini's would be, they sold out in one hour and so a large portion has been opened.  The no# comes from the regular allen and ginter with a much larger population and there probably is about 25% that has been opened.  That is why the black mini's are gone and there is still about 35  of the no #'s still out there.    Hope this helps. 
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:49:24 AM

Still getting used to the lingo ... anyone have a picture of the no # card being discussed please? Thanks.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:54:37 AM

Let me explain,  there were around 200 cases of the ginter x where the black mini's would be, they sold out in one hour and so a large portion has been opened. The no# comes from the regular allen and ginter as well as ginter x with a much larger population and there probably is about 25% that has been opened.  That is why the black mini's are gone and there is still about 35  of the no #'s still out there.    Hope this helps. 

My clarification is in red.

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:01:41 AM

Still getting used to the lingo ... anyone have a picture of the no # card being discussed please? Thanks.

Here you go!

Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:07:38 AM

Let me explain,  there were around 200 cases of the ginter x where the black mini's would be, they sold out in one hour and so a large portion has been opened. The no# comes from the regular allen and ginter as well as ginter x with a much larger population and there probably is about 25% that has been opened.  That is why the black mini's are gone and there is still about 35  of the no #'s still out there.    Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Chris

I get it now. a ginter x case is like seeing a unicorn on leap year day.  Quite rare.

dolphriends

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:12:37 AM

Regards,
Chris

I get it now. a ginter x case is like seeing a unicorn on leap year day.  Quite rare.

Correct, and the no # is not available from the ginter X
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 01:14:17 AM

Let me explain,  there were around 200 cases of the ginter x where the black mini's would be, they sold out in one hour and so a large portion has been opened. The no# comes from the regular allen and ginter as well as ginter x with a much larger population and there probably is about 25% that has been opened.  That is why the black mini's are gone and there is still about 35  of the no #'s still out there.    Hope this helps.  

Regards,
Chris

I get it now. a ginter x case is like seeing a unicorn on leap year day.  Quite rare.

I disagree (which is what I meant to clarify in the red comments above). I've pulled more than one NNO from a Ginter X box.

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: FYI, Ginter X also has the Brooklyn Back minis. I know, because I've pulled more than one of those too.

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:35:00 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 01:45:28 AM by Mrstacy

Let me explain,  there were around 200 cases of the ginter x where the black mini's would be, they sold out in one hour and so a large portion has been opened. The no# comes from the regular allen and ginter as well as ginter x with a much larger population and there probably is about 25% that has been opened.  That is why the black mini's are gone and there is still about 35  of the no #'s still out there.    Hope this helps.  

Regards,
Chris

I get it now. a ginter x case is like seeing a unicorn on leap year day.  Quite rare.

I disagree (which is what I meant to clarify in the red comments above). I've pulled more than one NNO from a Ginter X box.

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: FYI, Ginter X also has the Brooklyn Back minis. I know, because I've pulled more than one of those too.

Yes. Those X boxes are not limited (except for gold border, right?)  The "X" boxes have the silver, red and black minis which will not be found in non-X boxes.  I wish i had known that BEFORE i spent funds on two non-X cases looking for those 3 unicorns.  

One cool think that i noticed with the X box pulls is that when you see an otherwise normal looking mini, it is actually a glow-in-the-dark.

Dolphriends (or some helpful member) has since said that it is cheaper just to buy the cards you want than to go on wild goose chases.  I totally agree now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: