Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:43:18 PM

Hey, I got the EXACT same email response. Obviously a standard form they reply with to all inquiries...

for anyone curious about gridseed's answer if you want to buy directly from them :

Dear Friend

Hope the following information will answer you your question and beyond.
1.      MOQ Minimum Order Quantities and sales pre-condition.
Q: What is the MOQ?
A:  the MOQ (Minimum Order Quantities) is 500 units
Q:  what is sales-condition?
A:  Gridseed just launched international sales, the whole supply chain is not mature, and we only accept the buyer to purchase directly who has the capability to handle the logistics in mainland China.
Q: What If I want to buy few sets to test or the quantity below 500 units,       where should I buy?
A:  You may turn to our reseller for purchase.
2.      Price
Q: what is the price?
A:500-999 units: 158 USD /unit
1000+ units: 155 USD /unit
For Controller, we suggest 1 controller for 10-15 units. The price is 67 USD/1 controllers.
3.      Channel
Q: Does Gridseed have any channel program?
A: No, Gridseed yet to have a channel program for overseas market. Case by case, then big account into reseller is welcomed. However, if you do think that you have the full ability to run the distribution, please make an introduction about your company. For example, company size, main business type, sales channel in your territory.
If possible, please also tell us where you are from, your country exactly.
4  Payment

Only TT via bank is accepted. Payment can be paid by RMB or USD.
RMB account Is in China , USD account is in Hongkong.

www.HASHRA.com
They are the outfit with their own warehouse and sorting facility in between GridSeed China and the rest of the world.
They are opening the doors to bulk purchases, sometime this week, from what they've told me.
I'd deal with them. They are a one stop, no fuss, no muss supplier that provides free shipping to the USA in a week or less!
No Terriffs, no shipping or logistical headaches!
Just my .00000002btc
Wolfey2014

HASHRA is Uk based so that's good as well for shipping to Spain, no customs.

but  I do know that they actually pay not more than 120€ per unit so when they sell them they are making really a comfy marging

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:57:25 PM

www.HASHRA.com
They are the outfit with their own warehouse and sorting facility in between GridSeed China and the rest of the world.
They are opening the doors to bulk purchases, sometime this week, from what they've told me.
I'd deal with them. They are a one stop, no fuss, no muss supplier that provides free shipping to the USA in a week or less!
Just my .00000002btc
Wolfey2014
I can vouch for Hashra. I ordered 20 and although it took 3 weeks to get them, their product included the Raspberry PI and simple software.
Other than shipping time, im pretty happy with them.
There are also several US shippers with decent pricing, even on individual units at $205 including shipping. The main advantage of local US is the shipping time is drastically reduced. My order from Hash-Master got to my door less than 1 week after I ordered and only 5 days after I paid.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:51:46 AM

thanks for the replys Smiley. According to their website they ship from china. I live in the netherlands but since I can buy a lot I dont want to pay that much. I emaild hashra and asked what 500 units will cost.

It would be much cheaper to just fly there and pick them up.. but is that even possible can you take that on a plane? I think 500 units will be heavy..? I dont know if that is oke with law en taxes there never even been to china before..
orenjuice5

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:58:10 AM

sorry

where do I find the config file in the folder? All I have is some dll files and the ltconly dat file and the cgminer app

Anyone can help???

thanks
jamieb81

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:02:32 AM

thanks for the replys Smiley. According to their website they ship from china. I live in the netherlands but since I can buy a lot I dont want to pay that much. I emaild hashra and asked what 500 units will cost.

It would be much cheaper to just fly there and pick them up.. but is that even possible can you take that on a plane? I think 500 units will be heavy..? I dont know if that is oke with law en taxes there never even been to china before..

Yeah I've seen them on Marktplaats for sale but really not cheap.

If you can get a good deal I'll be in
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

Let me know if you want those miners modified for improved hash rates @ 1000MHz clock rate!
I can probably help you with the shipping logistics as well.
PM me if interested.
Check this thread for more information on the mods. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112.260
Check pages 12 and 14. Includes pictures. Wink
Thanks!
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:29:19 AM

Can an electrician help me out.... or armchair electrician! Smiley

I'm trying to figure out a custom power setup using ATX power supplies for Scrypt mode only. Would something like this work?Huh

Utilizing 12v PCIe Cables:
PSU -> PCIe cable -> PCIe 8 pin to double 6 pin Splitter (could be replaced with 6 pin to 6 pin splitter if neccesary) -> Two PCIe 6 pin to double 6 pin Splitters -> Produces 12 hot and 12 ground wires after cutting off the ends -> 12 barrel plugs

Utilizing 12v Molex Cables:
One 4 pin Molex Cable with 3 connectors -> Splitter all on three connectors -> Produces 6 hot and 6 ground wires after cutting off the ends -> 6 barrel plugs

Utilizing 12v 8 pin CPU Cable:[/b]
PSU -> CPU 8 pin cable -> Produces 4 hot and 4 ground wires after cutting off ends -> 4 barrel plugs

Assuming I used a Corsair CS750M PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139061) it would have:
Four 8 Pin PCI-E Cables -> Splitter -> Double Splitter -> 12 barrel plugs each -> Powers 48 Gridseeds
One 4 pin Molex Cable with 3 connectors -> Splitter all on three connectors -> 6 barrel plugs -> Powers 6 Gridseeds
One 8 pin CPU Cable -> 4 barrel plugs -> Powers 4 Gridseeds

58 Gridseeds total powered @ 10 watts each = 580 watts = an efficiently loaded PSU imo. Cool

There is 62 amps on the +12 v rail of that PSU... by my calculation up to 744 watts. So I could probably power more gridseeds if I wanted to? Any ideas of how to add more units easily?? Possibly by adding more connectors/adapters?? using the ATX connector? I liked the idea of using splitters because I can just cut off the end and jam them into the barrel plug connectors pretty easily.

Adapters/Splitters/Barrel Plugs Used:
The 8pin to 6 pin adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PCI-E-8-PIN-TO-PCI-E-6-PIN-Y-SPLITTER-POWER-CABLE-6-MADE-IN-AMERICA-/251342990721?pt=US_Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item3a8535ad81
$6.50

The 6 pin to 6 pin adapter: http://www.outletpc.com/jp1932.html?gclid=CNvu3ZXQlL0CFSNp7Aodmh0A2A
$.99 each

Molex splitters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Molex-Y-Splitter-Divider-Power-Cable-for-PC-Computer-PSU-Power-Supply-/121280596049?pt=US_Drive_Cables_dapters&hash=item1c3ce30851
$0.91 each

Barrel plugs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100PCs-2-1-x-5-5mm-12V-DC-Power-Male-Plug-Jack-Adapter-Connector-for-CCTV-Camera-/221387014675?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item338bb1c213
100 for $24.21

Any ideas to reduce costs??? Source the splitters somewhere cheaper, add more adapters/splitters? etc. Huh

Note: If you try this, it is at your own risk. I'm not positive this will work but I don't see why it wouldn't...

So have we come to a consensus on how many GS units per molex, PCIe, and CPU cable we should be using?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:57:59 AM

Can an electrician help me out.... or armchair electrician! Smiley

I'm trying to figure out a custom power setup using ATX power supplies for Scrypt mode only. Would something like this work?Huh

Utilizing 12v PCIe Cables:
PSU -> PCIe cable -> PCIe 8 pin to double 6 pin Splitter (could be replaced with 6 pin to 6 pin splitter if neccesary) -> Two PCIe 6 pin to double 6 pin Splitters -> Produces 12 hot and 12 ground wires after cutting off the ends -> 12 barrel plugs

Utilizing 12v Molex Cables:
One 4 pin Molex Cable with 3 connectors -> Splitter all on three connectors -> Produces 6 hot and 6 ground wires after cutting off the ends -> 6 barrel plugs

Utilizing 12v 8 pin CPU Cable:[/b]
PSU -> CPU 8 pin cable -> Produces 4 hot and 4 ground wires after cutting off ends -> 4 barrel plugs

Assuming I used a Corsair CS750M PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139061) it would have:
Four 8 Pin PCI-E Cables -> Splitter -> Double Splitter -> 12 barrel plugs each -> Powers 48 Gridseeds
One 4 pin Molex Cable with 3 connectors -> Splitter all on three connectors -> 6 barrel plugs -> Powers 6 Gridseeds
One 8 pin CPU Cable -> 4 barrel plugs -> Powers 4 Gridseeds

58 Gridseeds total powered @ 10 watts each = 580 watts = an efficiently loaded PSU imo. Cool

There is 62 amps on the +12 v rail of that PSU... by my calculation up to 744 watts. So I could probably power more gridseeds if I wanted to? Any ideas of how to add more units easily?? Possibly by adding more connectors/adapters?? using the ATX connector? I liked the idea of using splitters because I can just cut off the end and jam them into the barrel plug connectors pretty easily.

Adapters/Splitters/Barrel Plugs Used:
The 8pin to 6 pin adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PCI-E-8-PIN-TO-PCI-E-6-PIN-Y-SPLITTER-POWER-CABLE-6-MADE-IN-AMERICA-/251342990721?pt=US_Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item3a8535ad81
$6.50

The 6 pin to 6 pin adapter: http://www.outletpc.com/jp1932.html?gclid=CNvu3ZXQlL0CFSNp7Aodmh0A2A
$.99 each

Molex splitters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Molex-Y-Splitter-Divider-Power-Cable-for-PC-Computer-PSU-Power-Supply-/121280596049?pt=US_Drive_Cables_dapters&hash=item1c3ce30851
$0.91 each

Barrel plugs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100PCs-2-1-x-5-5mm-12V-DC-Power-Male-Plug-Jack-Adapter-Connector-for-CCTV-Camera-/221387014675?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item338bb1c213
100 for $24.21

Any ideas to reduce costs??? Source the splitters somewhere cheaper, add more adapters/splitters? etc. Huh

Note: If you try this, it is at your own risk. I'm not positive this will work but I don't see why it wouldn't...

So have we come to a consensus on how many GS units per molex, PCIe, and CPU cable we should be using?

Sounds like you know what you're doing. Your calculations and methods seem correct and a bit conservative where total load goes.
IMO, you can add up your loads to leaving yourself enough headroom for group 'surging' and overclocking if you choose to make the volt mods I and some others are having success with.
Good luck and god speed!
Sparky   AKA   Wolfey2014

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:46:54 AM

www.HASHRA.com
Just my .00000002btc
Wolfey2014
I can vouch for Hashra. I ordered 20 and although it took 3 weeks to get them, their product included the Raspberry PI and simple software.
There are also several US shippers with decent pricing, even on individual units at $205 including shipping. The main advantage of local US is the shipping time is drastically reduced. My order from Hash-Master got to my door less than 1 week after I ordered and only 5 days after I paid.

LOL, I got them same day from hash-master. Just got in the car and a few hours (and $$$$) later was hashing away Tongue

Hashra and Hash-Master are two of the few "official" distributors.

dwolfx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:11:15 PM

trying to run cgminer LTC only mode with 5 Chip Grid-Seed, says device not found? anything special I need in the config?

Leetpools!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:31:17 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 02:07:58 PM by wolfey2014

www.HASHRA.com
Just my .00000002btc
Wolfey2014

LOL, I got them same day from hash-master. Just got in the car and a few hours (and $$$$) later was hashing away Tongue

FURTHER EDIT COMING AFTER OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM HASHRA THIS WEEK!
BETTER PRICING! FAST SHIPPING! COMPLETE KITS!
STAY TUNED!

edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:09:14 PM

I've got 10 GS units (stock, not modded) running at 850 under the dtbartle cgminer on a Raspberry Pi. All the units are working, but one of them is showing an inordinate number of hardware errors.

After 34 hours of runtime, the "bad" unit has had 110 hardware errors. The next runner up had 18. The remaining units are in single digits. The total number of HW errors across all the units is 155, so the bad unit accounts for 70% of the errors.

I'd like to try swapping cables and USB ports to see if the problem follows the unit itself. But I have to admit that I have no idea how to determine which physical unit is affected.

Can someone tell me how the cgminer output maps to physical devices? I tried lsusb, but it only shows generic information about the USB devices.

I know that I can just systematically unplug devices until the bad one disappears from the bus. But I was hoping there would be a better way than that. I'd like to leave as much of my rig running as possible while doing the diagnostics.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
jamieb81

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:57:09 PM

www.HASHRA.com
Just my .00000002btc
Wolfey2014

FURTHER EDIT COMING AFTER OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM HASHRA THIS WEEK!
BETTER PRICING! FAST SHIPPING! COMPLETE KITS!
STAY TUNED!

That's good news, I hope they will sell individual units as well?

oterwise I would be in for a group buy with someone as I don't want to buy 10 hehe
bamsterdam

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:30:19 PM

I think I will buy directly at gridseed.com. Is this the place where they originally come from? Then this would be the cheapest place to buy them to my logic? If im wrong in something please correct me:)

I know a company that could arrange DHL to pick my delivery up there in china also. What do you need for other equipment ? I will my ict friend look into this as well but if you guys can tell me something that would be great.

And most important question is there a dual mining mode or do you have to chose scrypt or sha?

Thank you for your thoughts  Smiley
jamieb81

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:35:42 PM

I think I will buy directly at gridseed.com. Is this the place where they originally come from? Then this would be the cheapest place to buy them to my logic? If im wrong in something please correct me:)

I know a company that could arrange DHL to pick my delivery up there in china also. What do you need for other equipment ? I will my ict friend look into this as well but if you guys can tell me something that would be great.

And most important question is there a dual mining mode or do you have to chose scrypt or sha?

Thank you for your thoughts  Smiley

If you look up, I have posted their answer, IMHO they are not the cheapest because I have found 1 unit gridseed for sale that cost me 120euros (without import feest that I'll probably have to pay ) I have obtained this price because I changed EUR to BTC profit of discoint price on BTC
and again a 10% rebate from the seller because paying in BTC
PS: this is for a complete set, 1 gridseed, power hub, usb cable

so when I see 158USD for 500MOQ I find this kind of expensive especially that there will be import duties to pay 158usd about 115 euros
+ accessoiries + the import duties etc..

make a good calculation. if in the end you can sell them for under 200 euros, ideal would be around 180€ unit complete, then it is interesting
bobby35ny

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:22:40 PM

Holy Hijack guys!!!!
 I want the best deal too!!!
Make a new thread somewhere else, probably get even better info on pricing.
Lets keep this thread on topic!

-Bobby
bamsterdam

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:22:13 PM

Thank you for your thoughts  Smiley

If you look up, I have posted their answer, IMHO they are not the cheapest because I have found 1 unit gridseed for sale that cost me 120euros (without import feest that I'll probably have to pay ) I have obtained this price because I changed EUR to BTC profit of discoint price on BTC
and again a 10% rebate from the seller because paying in BTC
PS: this is for a complete set, 1 gridseed, power hub, usb cable

so when I see 158USD for 500MOQ I find this kind of expensive especially that there will be import duties to pay 158usd about 115 euros
+ accessoiries + the import duties etc..

make a good calculation. if in the end you can sell them for under 200 euros, ideal would be around 180€ unit complete, then it is interesting

Sorry i didnt open a new tread(yet) want to ask which company you bought that gridseed?
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:26:23 PM

Hi Guys

i have been doing a bit of work on
Minepeon working with Gridseeds
i have a working Image with 1 Gridseed working
i will leave it running for 12 hours
if its stable i will post a link to my dropbox account
and you can download it and have a play

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:29:49 AM

HASHRA.COM

GRIDSEED'S ON SALE NOW!
ONLY $150 EACH! Bare bones!
Minimum order is only 20 units.
Unlimited supply available from now on!
Shipped to anywhere in the world via DHL!
NO MIDDLE MEN! Wink
It's SCARFIN time!, fellow miners!
Go get em!

And don't forget to try out their new trialed, tested and proven stable and easy to use mining software - Hashra CONTROLLA @ /support

Wolfey2014

P.S.
If you want your miners' modified to hash stably at 1000MHz+ and those noisy fans to run ultra quiet, let me know via PM and I'll take care of it for you! Wink

What mods? You ask.....look here....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112.260

jamieb81

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

HASHRA.COM

GRIDSEED'S ON SALE NOW!
ONLY $150 EACH! Bare bones!
Minimum order is only 20 units.
Unlimited supply available from now on!
Shipped to anywhere in the world via DHL!
NO MIDDLE MEN! Wink
It's SCARFIN time!, fellow miners!
Go get em!

And don't forget to try out their new trialed, tested and proven stable and easy to use mining software - Hashra CONTROLLA @ /support

Wolfey2014

P.S.
If you want your miners' modified to hash stably at 1000MHz+ and those noisy fans to run ultra quiet, let me know via PM and I'll take care of it for you! Wink

What mods? You ask.....look here....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112.260

I'll repeat it here as well to have more chance, If maybe Bamsterdam wants to have a group buy for this I would be interested. I can't take 20 lol

Also consider doing UK triangle, that would be awsome for us Europeans
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: