Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:01:35 AM

Anyone who has a Rapsberry Pi should try this:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg138204#msg138204

Works perfectly for me.

Actually even if you don't have a Raspberry, just buy one. No messing around with junk controllers, no Windows USB drivers. Plug and play.

Or use linux.  No messing around with Pi.

Jackass...

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:30:45 AM

Works perfectly for me.

Actually even if you don't have a Raspberry, just buy one. No messing around with junk controllers, no Windows USB drivers. Plug and play.

Jackass...

Wow... my apologies for mistakenly stepping into your holy thread, your highness Shocked
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:05:40 AM

Works perfectly for me.

Jackass...

Wow... my apologies for mistakenly stepping into your holy thread, your highness Shocked

Lol.  The RasPi is just as much work as windows which is just as much work as Linux which is just as much work as the controller.  Each offers benefits to a users unique situation.

I see no reason to leave one or the other out do you?

Controller is great for people who don't have space or time or a lot of computer skills
Windows is great for people with WINDOWS !  It's more stable than the controller and a majority of people have it on a computer readily available.
Linux is great because it's cheap (free) and runs on damn near anything.  Its also more stable than the controller.
The RPi is great for people who don't have space or who have a Pi around and have linux knowledge.

Each has negatives and positives.

I have a few dozen PC's/Servers lying around with Linux or no OS so using an RPi is a horrible solution for me.  A lot of people here have Windows boxes they use at home/work so Rpi is a horrible solution for them.  A lot of people want the highest ROI and have no knowledge of Linux/Pi so the Rpi is a horrible solution for them.

You just sound like a religious zealot when you say to convert regardless!  That my friend makes you a jackass Smiley  People should use whatever works best for them or whatever is available and we as a community and in this guide should help them all to get the best performance and stability.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:35:00 AM

Lol.  The RasPi is just as much work as windows which is just as much work as Linux which is just as much work as the controller.

Let me guess, you haven't even tried the solution I linked to. Well I have tried all of these options, started with LightningASIC controller, then wiibox, then Windows, then Ubuntu server. Finally I had Scripta + Raspberry Pi running in about 30 minutes, half of which was downloading a 700MB disk image from Scripta site. It was a lot less work than any of the other options, and runs perfectly stable with 20 miners on first try, these being main reasons I shared my opinion. What did you base yours on?

You just sound like a religious zealot when you say to convert regardless!  That my friend makes you a jackass Smiley  People should use whatever works best for them or whatever is available and we as a community and in this guide should help them all to get the best performance and stability.

I've been called names before but never "religious zealot" and "jackass" at once Grin . I shall wear it as a badge of honour.

I'm honestly puzzled by your appeal to "community" and at the same time attacking me for sharing one more possible solution. When you cool down and decide it's not as offensive as you initially thought, feel free to include it in your guide.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:35:58 AM

Ok... So cpuminer is better. Got 19 of the 20 running and they are all good, just missing a power cord for the last one. Thanks for the help!!!
chirale

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:31:54 AM

Works perfectly for me.
Suchmoon,
I am glad to see that  Scripta + new cgminer (from Andareed) is working well.
We are now trying to set up a way to discover hardware devices (gridseed5chips, dualminers or ltcgear and soon hopefully more!!), and associate each device to an executable and a set of parameters, along with the pools the dev should mine on. We have posted a TODO file on github about this and if someone wants to join the team please feel free to send me a PM or play with the Git!
https://github.com/scriptamining/scripta/blob/master/TODO

Bye

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:41:28 AM

Ok, this is more of a cgminer question but you guys are so cool I thought i'd ask here since it's to do with gridseeds  Wink

First time compiling cgminer on Linux (ubuntu server). Got tired of windows (yay!)

Used this source: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355

...and these commands (maybe this part will help someone):
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl3-dev libudev-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev
sudo git clone git://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.git
cd cgminer-gc3355
sudo ./autogen.sh # only needed if building from git repo - may not be needed with dtbartle - did with ckolivas
sudo CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
sudo make

Had to run cgminer with sudo for it to access the miners...even though I did :
sudo groupadd plugdev
sudo usermod -G plugdev -a `whoami`
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
[restart]

sudo ./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://xpool.net:8860 -u 7Rcgymoe8TUoWkyMnVsPn9eHMaAtx677s3 -p x --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5 --hotplug 0

So...it seems to works and found the 3 Gridseeds I have plugged in (no powered USB hub yet Sad)
....but I don't get the normal cgminer screen.. it just scrolls and scrolls:

Anyone?

I did not see this as a dependency for cgminer: sudo apt-get install screen

BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:34:08 AM

Ok, this is more of a cgminer question but you guys are so cool I thought i'd ask here since it's to do with gridseeds  Wink

First time compiling cgminer on Linux (ubuntu server). Got tired of windows (yay!)

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl3-dev libudev-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev
cd cgminer-gc3355
sudo ./autogen.sh # only needed if building from git repo - may not be needed with dtbartle - did with ckolivas
sudo CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
sudo make

sudo groupadd plugdev
[restart]

sudo ./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://xpool.net:8860 -u 7Rcgymoe8TUoWkyMnVsPn9eHMaAtx677s3 -p x --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5 --hotplug 0

So...it seems to works and found the 3 Gridseeds I have plugged in (no powered USB hub yet Sad)

Anyone?

Got curses dev lib installed?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:15:50 PM

It does sound like a curses issue.

Code:
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5448813#msg5448813

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5538853#msg5538853

Anyone?

BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:17:58 PM

Still crazy yoyo speeds as reported by pools and leaserig.net graphs , going from 0 to 14Mhs and back to 0. All while cgminer is happily reporting 340khs per miner.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:35:19 PM

Lol.  The RasPi is just as much work as windows which is just as much work as Linux which is just as much work as the controller.

Let me guess, you haven't even tried the solution I linked to. Well I have tried all of these options, started with LightningASIC controller, then wiibox, then Windows, then Ubuntu server. Finally I had Scripta + Raspberry Pi running in about 30 minutes, half of which was downloading a 700MB disk image from Scripta site. It was a lot less work than any of the other options, and runs perfectly stable with 20 miners on first try, these being main reasons I shared my opinion. What did you base yours on?

I've been called names before but never "religious zealot" and "jackass" at once Grin . I shall wear it as a badge of honour.

I'm honestly puzzled by your appeal to "community" and at the same time attacking me for sharing one more possible solution. When you cool down and decide it's not as offensive as you initially thought, feel free to include it in your guide.

I'm still highly offended that you would not include linux in the use this over this side of things Smiley

zealot.

Added to the table of contents.

pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
cd cgminer-gc3355
sudo make

sudo groupadd plugdev
[restart]

Anyone?

Got curses dev lib installed?

I have a powere usb with 10 gridseed on. No problem with cgminer Smiley
bhai

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:09:46 PM

Works perfectly for me.
Suchmoon,
I am glad to see that  Scripta + new cgminer (from Andareed) is working well.
We are now trying to set up a way to discover hardware devices (gridseed5chips, dualminers or ltcgear and soon hopefully more!!), and associate each device to an executable and a set of parameters, along with the pools the dev should mine on. We have posted a TODO file on github about this and if someone wants to join the team please feel free to send me a PM or play with the Git!
https://github.com/scriptamining/scripta/blob/master/TODO

Bye

You could do this with udev:

http://superuser.com/questions/305723/using-udev-rules-to-run-a-script-on-usb-insertion

But then you will need a list with usb verdors/product id's [custom udev rules] but that in a git repo or so, and based on productid/vendor id a scripts or command will start.

rgdz,
bhai
pedrosoft

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

my cgminer shows 4.2 mega/hash with 1000 freq setting (10 gridseed miners)

why my pool shows only 0.3 mega/hash ?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:52:04 PM

my cgminer shows 4.2 mega/hash with 1000 freq setting (10 gridseed miners)

why my pool shows only 0.3 mega/hash ?

What does cgminer show for rejects and hardware errors? Is the pool number perhaps an average over a time period and needs to catch up?
pedrosoft

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

I've started from 20 minutes Smiley cgminer average is 4.2 mega/hash ... I have to wait ? Smiley Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

I've started from 20 minutes Smiley cgminer average is 4.2 mega/hash ... I have to wait ? Smiley Smiley

Check "A:" (accepted), "R:" (rejected, should be a small percentage of A) and "HW:" (hardware errors, should be zero) in cgminer, and if it looks good then wait for the pool stats to rise. Which pool are you using?
pedrosoft

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

Check "A:" (accepted), "R:" (rejected, should be a small percentage of A) and "HW:" (hardware errors, should be zero) in cgminer, and if it looks good then wait for the pool stats to rise. Which pool are you using?

https://coinhuntr.com is the pool... is good ?

cgminer shows HW = 0 and A are a lot ! Wait and see Smiley Thanks
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:18:05 PM

https://coinhuntr.com is the pool... is good ?

cgminer shows HW = 0 and A are a lot ! Wait and see Smiley Thanks

I used coinhunter it takes time for coin to show up but you will see it. The rounds are long 4hr estimate I think

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:30:18 PM

Thank you BotwinBG and miaviator!

I was missing libncurses5-dev shown as optional but is required for the text user interface.

Using this now to build deps:
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake pkg-config libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev

Have a few basic Linux questions but perhaps I'll spare this thread with them and try searching.

If anyone knows though:
1. how do you go in and out of the cgminer text interface keeping it running in the background?
2. will logging out of the SSH connection shut down cgminer? If so how do you keep it running?
3. how to get back into the cgminer text interface after a new SSH connection?
4. any other tips for a lowly Linux newb?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: