Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 08:36:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Algorithmically placed FPGA miner: 255MH/s/chip, supports all known boards  (Read 109513 times)
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 966

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 12:21:41 AM

TML-1.80 has been posted.

The big change with this version is that if your pool supports X-Roll-NTime the signcryption server will now signcrypt an entire "bundle" of work in one shot.  So if your pool returns a job with X-Roll-Nonce=255 the signcryption server will signcrypt 255 jobs at once.  This improves the signcryption latency for large clusters (more than 10-20 chips).  I mine at Eligius (primary) and EclipseMC (backup), both of which support X-Roll-NTime.  I stopped mining at BtcGuild because they couldn't seem to figure out how to make X-Roll-Ntime work.

This release will also retry submitting a solution up to three times in the face of network errors.  If the pool outright rejects the solution it won't be resubmitted (of course).  This results in lower reject rates when the pool or the miner are experiencing network problems (flooding, overloaded, etc).

16.Mar.2013  Version 1.80
             Add support for new work-signing command which can sign jobs with X-Roll-Nonce
             HttpWorkSource: use a single connection manager
             Add LimpWorkSource/LimpWorkServer
             Add GraphingWorkSource
             WorkRevocationFilter: fix possible memory leak
             Retry submissions if there is a network error
             Reduce default job age limit to 60s (can override with -Dmax_job_age)
             LibFtdi: better error messages

Also included are some woefully under-documented but neat features: GraphingWorkSource which produces csv-formatted hashrate data suitable for plotting with dygraph.js and LimpWorkSource/LimpWorkServer.  The LiMP protocol is an intensively bandwidth-optimized mining protocol (yes, even more efficient than stratum).  I need it because my mining cluster's is in a  remote location where the only internet access is via a very expensive cell phone data connection -- in return I get very cheap electricity.  If you don't pay "by the byte" for bandwidth you probably don't need LiMP.

The signcryption algorithm for the "m"-series bitstreams doesn't actually encrypt the register that holds the 18th word of the block header (i.e. the ntime field).  So if you stare at the code long enough, you can probably figure out how to ask the signcryption server to sign one job and then generate all the other ntime-rolled jobs yourself without using the signcryption server.  This is a major reason why the nonces are encrypted too.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:29:15 AM

What is the appropriate syntax to set a backup pool?

Thanks,
Dave

IIRC theres only primary pool available.

You can specify multiple pools on the command line, and the TML will use all of them.  If one goes down it will pull all work from the others.

If you want to only use pool X when pool Y is down you can't do this from the command line, but it's only two lines of Java code to do it.  I will add a command line option for this in the next release.

Ops, my bad ~ never used the feature.  

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 07:27:42 PM

TML v1.82 has been released.

24.Mar.2013  Version 1.82
             More Makefile improvements
             Do not send the work target to the SCS, it doesn't need it
             Allow url-encoded (i.e. %NN) chars in pool url usernames/passwords
20.Mar.2013  Version 1.81
             Makefile improvements
             HTTP GetWork: Don't unroll work until after signing

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 03:41:47 AM

A new version of the signcryption software was pushed today around 13:00 PDT; it attempts to make the signcryption protocol more efficient for TML >= 1.82.

Unfortunately due to a bug in the new code the server would sometimes return data which is unparseable by older versions, causing them to disconnect and reconnect again.  This would result in poor hashing performance on large farms.  Since the bug did not actually interrupt service but only degraded performance for some users it was not detected until 19:00 PDT.  The code was immediately rolled back.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

rb2k

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:32:37 PM

Did anybody have any luck with TML and p2pool?
I just gave it a try and received 100% rejected shares :-/
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:01:54 PM

I just gave it a try and received 100% stale shares :-/

Does it work well with non p2p?

rupy

Activity: 724

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:34:36 PM

Hey, how much revenue is this generating now?

At what difficulty would you release the bitstream for free?

It's not so much that I'm cheap (all spartan owners could pool a substantial amount of BTC if you would...), as I don't like to run code that does work it doesn't need to, like DRM and stuff.

Also the bitstream doesn't improve the x1.15 much I guess, don't wan't to risk my setup to try before difficulty is maybe double that of today / I receive my ASIC...

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
BTC 14xr5Q1j61A1eA6Mrs5MRhUmYZKboY8iq2 | Vanillacoin FPGA Miner
psjw4450

Activity: 342

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:01:43 AM

Does this miner work on a stratum pool or is a proxy needed? 
rb2k

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:20:27 AM

I just gave it a try and received 100% stale shares :-/

Does it work well with non p2p?

Yes, no problem with non-p2pool connections (e.g. eclipsemc)
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:20:45 AM

p2p is the one with really fast blocks right, I can see how that could be problematic due to various reasons.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:49:46 PM

p2p is the one with really fast blocks right, I can see how that could be problematic due to various reasons.
It's only a problem with a BFL FPGA - since it only replies with results after it completes the full nonce range, in ~5s (vs the p2pool 10s LP)

Any of these devices: CPU, GPU, Icarus, ModMinerQuad, Ztex, Lancelot, Cairnsmore1 - it's no issue ... unless you are doing something wrong.
(and most likely most other devices are OK also)

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:13:51 PM

It's only a problem with a BFL FPGA - since it only replies with results after it completes the full nonce range, in ~5s (vs the p2pool 10s LP)

Any of these devices: CPU, GPU, Icarus, ModMinerQuad, Ztex, Lancelot, Cairnsmore1 - it's no issue ... unless you are doing something wrong.
(and most likely most other devices are OK also)

Its not that, but it could be the signcryption part of the TML.

chrisp

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:22:27 PM

How would i let it run in a cairnsmore Board? Flash it and use it icarus style, or only via jtag or another special dip switch mode. chrisp never answered here openly and i do not seem to find anything else.

I never got it to work reliably enough to be worth releasing.  the DCM had issues and he seemed to have little interest in getting it working, so it wasn't worth the time it wasn't hashing away reliably to further develop it.
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:24:14 PM

How would i let it run in a cairnsmore Board? Flash it and use it icarus style, or only via jtag or another special dip switch mode. chrisp never answered here openly and i do not seem to find anything else.

I never got it to work reliably enough to be worth releasing.  the DCM had issues and he seemed to have little interest in getting it working, so it wasn't worth the time it wasn't hashing away reliably to further develop it.

Im preety sure some poeple managed to get it working - I think I posted the link in this thread or search enterpoints thread.

chrisp

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:25:10 PM

Im preety sure some poeple managed to get it working - I think I posted the link in this thread or search enterpoints thread.

Could be!  I released all the code I had to him, never saw anything in return or info back.
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:26:03 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.msg1047343#msg1047343

Didn't work?

chrisp

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:29:04 PM

Worked at a speed slower than opensource bitstreams.
Keninishna

Activity: 551

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 10:30:47 PM

Could be!  I released all the code I had to him, never saw anything in return or info back.

There you are! lol ET said you never got back in contact with him? Anyways ET also says there is a DCM watchdog already implemented in TML.
kakobrekla

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:31:57 PM

Due to cooling/voltage/board design probably.

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

Hi Chris, I sent you this email back in October:

On Oct 19, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Elden Tyrell wrote:
Hrm, well, I got it to compile, but I'm currently not getting any data out of it...  just TDO-stuck-at-1.  Any ideas?  I don't have physical access to the board (remote development) so I'm kinda limited in what I can do... can't flip dip switches or put voltmeters on things.  A bit like stumbling around in the dark.

… and never heard back from you.  It's basically impossible for me to debug the low-level code that talks to the board unless I have physical access to one (no, I don't want a board), especially if it is a board with jumpers like the Enterpoint board.  So I was waiting for you to get it at least to the "hello world" point where it could at least read the magic number.

Like I said, I never heard back from you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.