Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Algorithmically placed FPGA miner: 255MH/s/chip, supports all known boards  (Read 119415 times)
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:33:30 AM

Have the issues with the modminers been addressed yet. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:39:41 AM

Have the issues with the modminers been addressed yet. 

Do you still have issues with the latest version with all the correct switches?

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 11:47:38 PM

The signcryption network was effectively not working for a few hours today.  I apologize.  I am really really sick right now, and the failure occurred right after I'd gone to bed and taken a lot of cold medicine.  Kako paged me but I slept through the page and didn't respond to it until after I woke up.

Long story short, all bitstream versions prior to maclane were trial versions valid only for 60 days after their creation date.  When checking "is this bitstream version a trial or not" in order to produce (what I thought would be) helpful error messages I used a "<=" instead of a "<" sign.  The issue has been fixed.

PS, somebody please tell bitvps to fix their SSL certificate, I can't pay my bill with them until they do this.  If they don't get their act together right-quick I'm dropping them from the signcryption network.  I've been pestering them about this for two weeks now and am pretty unimpressed with the lack of any sort of response.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 06:22:21 PM

The signcryption network was effectively not working for a few hours today.  I apologize.  I am really really sick right now, and the failure occurred right after I'd gone to bed and taken a lot of cold medicine.  Kako paged me but I slept through the page and didn't respond to it until after I woke up.

Long story short, all bitstream versions prior to maclane were trial versions valid only for 60 days after their creation date.  When checking "is this bitstream version a trial or not" in order to produce (what I thought would be) helpful error messages I used a "<=" instead of a "<" sign.  The issue has been fixed.

PS, somebody please tell bitvps to fix their SSL certificate, I can't pay my bill with them until they do this.  If they don't get their act together right-quick I'm dropping them from the signcryption network.  I've been pestering them about this for two weeks now and am pretty unimpressed with the lack of any sort of response.

Has this been fixed yet.
kakobrekla

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 06:30:52 PM

Yes.

mining4fun11

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:21:51 PM

Yes.

Not working.  Getting this error now.

H:0 X:0 E:0 T:4m15s   |  H:0 E:0 A:0 R:0 T:4m15s java.io.IOException: TML acknowledgement of read operation failed; expected=0x1 got=0x0 chip=x6500:AH01A6QI:0
        at com.triconemining.board.MiningChip.read(MiningChip.java:68)
        at com.triconemining.miner.ChipWrapper.checkMagicNumber(ChipWrapper.java:307)
        at com.triconemining.miner.ChipWrapper.<init>(ChipWrapper.java:56)
        at com.triconemining.miner.BoardWrapper.getChip(BoardWrapper.java:53)
        at com.triconemining.miner.BoardWrapper.run_(BoardWrapper.java:108)
        at com.triconemining.miner.BoardWrapper.run(BoardWrapper.java:72)
kakobrekla

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:25:30 PM

Yes.

Not working.  Getting this error now.

H:0 X:0 E:0 T:4m15s   |  H:0 E:0 A:0 R:0 T:4m15s java.io.IOException: TML acknowledgement of read operation failed; expected=0x1 got=0x0 chip=x6500:AH01A6QI:0

This has nothing to do with the error above. Please pastebin a debug log of the latest version ran with the correct switches. http://www.tricone-mining.com/troubleshooting.html

Thanks.

mining4fun11

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:53:22 PM

Yes.

H:0 X:0 E:0 T:4m15s   |  H:0 E:0 A:0 R:0 T:4m15s java.io.IOException: TML acknowledgement of read operation failed; expected=0x1 got=0x0 chip=x6500:AH01A6QI:0

This has nothing to do with the error above. Please pastebin a debug log of the latest version ran with the correct switches. http://www.tricone-mining.com/troubleshooting.html

Thanks.

How do I do a debug log.  The command line is the same as I have always been using.  Not sure why there is an error now.
kakobrekla

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

Yes.

Thanks.

How do I do a debug log.  The command line is the same as I have always been using.  Not sure why there is an error now.

The instructions are on the link above. You can see all the available switches/options here http://www.tricone-mining.com/tml.html

mining4fun11

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

Yes.

Thanks.

The instructions are on the link above. You can see all the available switches/options here http://www.tricone-mining.com/tml.html

Ill just switch back to one of the other miners as this is out of my realm of understanding on how to do it. 
kakobrekla

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 08:02:02 PM

Yes.

Thanks.

Ill just switch back to one of the other miners as this is out of my realm of understanding on how to do it. 

You did reset the boards before re-runing it, right?

mining4fun11

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 08:41:45 PM

Yes.

Thanks.

You did reset the boards before re-runing it, right?

Thanks.  That looks like it solved the problem.
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

Looking good so far on 1.60 on MMQs.  It's been running stably for 3 hours now on 2 miners.

I'm going to guess this was the change that did it:

Code:
Give RingWrapper.currentJob its own separate lock

I'll let everyone know more tomorrow morning if it stays up all night.

I spoke too soon... it died.  Ugh... what a bad night.

Will rewrite the shell script tonight to try to use the new command line args.

Same issue with modminers on tml.  If there is more then one running they seem to disconnect randomly.  Using the most current version and using

sudo java -Dclock_pin=fgg484.K20 -Davoid_reprogramming=true -Dclock_pin_freq=100 -Dstatus_port=5555 -jar tml-1.60a.jar modminer:/dev/ttyACM0 modminer:/dev/ttyACM1 at the command line.
kakobrekla

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:40:33 PM

Looking good so far on 1.60 on MMQs.  It's been running stably for 3 hours now on 2 miners.

I'm going to guess this was the change that did it:

Code:
Give RingWrapper.currentJob its own separate lock

I'll let everyone know more tomorrow morning if it stays up all night.

I spoke too soon... it died.  Ugh... what a bad night.

Will rewrite the shell script tonight to try to use the new command line args.

Same issue with modminers on tml.  If there is more then one running they seem to disconnect randomly.  Using the most current version and using

sudo java -Dclock_pin=fgg484.K20 -Davoid_reprogramming=true -Dclock_pin_freq=100 -Dstatus_port=5555 -jar tml-1.60a.jar modminer:/dev/ttyACM0 modminer:/dev/ttyACM1 at the command line.

I'll check with ET whats the status with this, can you try to produce a the log as described on the tml page?

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 05:20:58 AM

If there is more then one running they seem to disconnect randomly.

We really can't do anything at to help you unless you post a log file.

The log file is that stuff that prints on the console when you run the TML.  If you're using unix, just type

$ tml args-go-here | tee log-file.txt

And post log-file.txt here (or link to it on pastebin) after the problem occurs.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:25:31 AM

How would i let it run in a cairnsmore Board? Flash it and use it icarus style, or only via jtag or another special dip switch mode. chrisp never answered here openly and i do not seem to find anything else.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
kakobrekla

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:28:26 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.msg1047343#msg1047343

Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:06:57 AM

How would i let it run in a cairnsmore Board? Flash it and use it icarus style, or only via jtag or another special dip switch mode. chrisp never answered here openly and i do not seem to find anything else.

ET hasn't been too willing to work on his bitstream to support cm1. The DCM on the cm1 boards are unstable and another clock source has to be used or at least a watch dog. Maybe you can email ET and ask him kindly to implement a DCM watchdog on his next bitstream release and then we can use chrisp's work to debug further. 
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 02:57:17 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2013, 03:12:43 AM by eldentyrell

ET hasn't been too willing to work on his bitstream to support cm1.

No, the carinsmore people just haven't provided software to talk to their proprietary USB interface.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49971.msg1282883;topicseen#msg1282883

ChrisP sent me some code, but it doesn't seem to work (see link above).  If I can't talk to the board there's not much more I can do.

Maybe you can email ET and ask him kindly to implement a DCM watchdog on his next bitstream

It already has one.

eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 03:06:26 AM

TML 1.70 has been released.

This release contains a lot of fixes to reduce stales.  This is mostly due to one major fix (forgetting to register work in the "get me all the work with this prevblock" table) and a lot of smaller fixes.  I strongly urge everybody to upgrade.  New software only, no new bitstream(s).

This release also adds the option prevblock_blacklist_ms, default=4000.  After the TML sees work with a prevblock it's never seen before, it immediately marks all work as invalid -- this is the "new prevblock detection".  It turns out that, for reasons which elude me, many pools will actually switch from one prevblock to another and then back.  This was causing major problems with the new prevblock detection code a few releases back, so I disabled most of it.  Now that I know what was causing the craziness, I can go back to blacklisting old prevblocks once a new one shows up, but the blacklisting is only for a short period of time -- in case the pool decides to go back to the old prevblock (again, I have no idea why it would do this…)

25.Feb.2013  Version 1.70
             Add -Dprevblock_blacklist_ms
             major overhaul of how work revocation is handled
             QueueingWorkSource: print just the exn, not the stack trace
             HttpWorkSource: catch exceptions thrown in timer thread
             HttpWorkSource: do the new-prevblk check proactively in the long poll
             WorkRevocationFilter: maintain static work-to-filter mapping
             deal with an unlikely sitaution in SCClient by simply erroring out the job
             telnet monitor updates

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: