Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing  (Read 35609 times)
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:02:36 PM

I have experienced this so many times and I think investors also are to be blame for some of this. At times, wait for some time before rushing to sell at a much lower price that the ICO worth it if the project is solid and this is one of the reason why I always take my time before investing in any project.
apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:52:09 PM

Why still invest in ICO? I think that since the beginning of this year it has ceased to be profitable, well, only if you are lucky constantly, then you can invest. Investing in ICO since about March has ceased to be a good way to make money.

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:09:06 PM

I don't think it is very rational to invest in ICOs at this present time because of the market conditions. There is very high possibility it will drop once it hits the exchange, this is not because the project is not good enough but because of the market conditions. So it is better to wait and buy it on the exchange.

Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:28:10 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2018, 09:53:55 PM by Invigorated

This is a common occurrence and I believe it happens with almost every newly launched project token or coin. The main factor responsible for this base level is Greed on the part of the developers who tend to dump project tokens on unsuspecting investors. Also, another factor responsible for price crashing is impatience on the part of investors who will want to make a quick buck. Once this is done, the market becomes saturated with more coins than needed leading to major price crash due to supply being far greater than demand.
Yourodiviy

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:46:54 PM

Everything is cyclical in this world, including the market. A year ago, we saw how frankly useless projects could give an investor, on a wave of general growth and euphoria, huge profits. Whereas now the opposite is true, objectively promising projects enter the market and their tokens lose value, because many people panic and want to take back at least some of the money invested, sell even in a big minus. Unfortunately, now such a period. But, I repeat, everything is cyclical)))

imusify Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted
Whitepaper ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN Explainer Video
AndRE177

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:57:26 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

Now everything falls in price. Even the most stable coin, Bitcoin, has fallen. What is already in this case to talk about young and little-known projects. We can only wait and hope for improvement.

kavindra

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:02:56 PM

Yeah that is commonly and mostly happen now for any ICO drop after listing. It makes bounty hunters regret because mostly they got their reward distribution after listing. Some people say that it is to avoid or anticipate pump.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Bloodseekers

Activity: 778
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:09:10 PM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
I think coin price after listing influenced by market, so if market red the price also will down, but if market green the price also will up.
I remember when i join in ICO, when coin already listing in exchanger and the market at that time is so high, the coin price is pump about 8x from ICO price. So, its about market
xialan_lu

Activity: 335

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:27:00 PM

To make token value grow an ICO requires a product that can run the ecosystem well. So when the token is listing in the exchange a few weeks after the ICO ends and the price not grow it is natural thing, considering they still don't have a product. But if the platform has been running for more than 1 year and already has a product but the token value is not growing, that means their ecosystem is not functioning properly. So you must sell immediately the tokens like this, and stop to hope.
Ben Shedly

Activity: 242

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:29:14 PM

A similar situation was in the best of times for some projects. The reason is that after the end of the ICO, bounty campaign participants begin to sell their awards, as well as uncertain investors who urgently need money.

Bolivar_Tony

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:29:36 PM

it's all because of bear market, coins these days don't perform well upon listing on the exchanges and this happens because we have been in a very long bear market period, just hold them until market gets better.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:05:17 PM

because of the current market conditions that make the coin price go down and in my opinion you don't need to worry because if the market rises again and there is a bull run, then the coins you have will definitely increase as well and can even exceed the price at the ICO, so what you need to do right now is just to hold it back and wait until market prices rise again.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:12:08 PM

One example that has happened recently is Konios it is now listed in LATOKEN but unfortunately, price is way below its ICO price and we will have many more ICO like this coming because trust is not yet there, so many investors are now losing money because of this and people wants to see a game changer.

mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:15:31 PM

because the bounty hunter also follows the market price, if the current market price decreases surely all will have an effect
keep calm and wait for sure everything will improve, don't panic because this is a bad time for the market
udam

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:26:48 PM

I have to invest on any thing at right time. This isn't proper time to invest on ICOs unless it has huge blockchain based features and huge community. With this market condition lot of projects postponed their ICOs. So this status will be changed with market recovering.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Lots of people experience this including myself, therefore when the market is not good we should buy coins when already listing in exchange. Isn't that a good idea?

This is a great idea. I also now buy coins only for those projects that are already traded on exchanges. I can earn less on them, but the risk of losing my money by investing in a scam project is small.
Akpuv

Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:37:09 PM

Too thinks are usually responsible for such drastic prices during the listings. One could be as a result of dumping by some so called advisors or a team member who got a large free quantity of the coin. Another could be a deliberate act by the ICO team to prevent early dumping by the bounty hunters.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

The price after the release of the coin on the stock exchange drops sharply, has seen a collapse 30 times, they write more. The whole market is in red. When Bitcoin starts to grow, other coins will follow him too. The main thing to believe in success, for many it is a very expected event.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:57:32 AM

the price of the coin there is indeed sufficient in fall when they recently entered the market. This is certainly also because the value of the crypto is indeed being bad that makes many another crypto also fell. Despite having a team concept and good but this time not to be a guarantee that it can be great when entering the market.
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:58:34 AM

Many coin drop due to some reason and many go up too , some might be dip it at ICO price was peg to ETH price and by the time it hit listed the price has drop then the ICO will drop too, but some are peg with dollar and even if the price if ETH fall or high they make ure it the same value used in ICO to get listed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: