Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41274 times)
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:29:34 AM

Nice update theymos.

There are still too many newbie accounts have hundreds of posts already but never get even a single merit.
I wonder how merit buying/selling will grow at this rate now this feature has implemented.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:33:18 AM

Good update admin we are going to work hard to get more merit even me I got Jr. member I open my profile my rank was down as a bounty daily report for me this update are so very brilliant and avoid multi-account.
Vilex

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:34:03 AM

Of course, everything was done right, just as well, that they added new merin source
But people who have already been on the forum for 4-6 months, do not have a measure because they participate in the bounty compgain, they are active users of the forum - now they are newbie
I have 168 activity, 161 days of registration, and I'm a newbie

Just many people sell merits, and by this update you do well in the greater part only to them

Just why when he added merits, people were not lowered in ranks, so now there are a lot of garbage members, and more senior members of the forum who got high rank because they registered for a long time

Well, we are waiting for the people who will sell the merit 1 = 30 dollars

And they will not be stopped by the fact that it is forbidden
bitbit99

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:35:23 AM

This is a nice punch to account sellers. All the Jr.Member accound sellers now have lost of newbie crappy accounts.
Nice move from admins. Now signature campaign becomes truly valuable, coz we got rid of jr.member army shitposters.
pufa2007

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:36:37 AM

Created a petition!

https://www.change.org/p/amins-bitcointalk-com-bitcointalk-com-say-no-to-new-restrictions?recruiter=582167975&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:36:58 AM

Thank you theymos. Good to see the move.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:38:21 AM
Merited by dbshck (2)

If people are making good posts but are still struggling to get merit, then that's a problem with the merit system and should be fixed on my end.

Without a doubt I agree in some point that getting merits even though you are making good quality post is too hard for the most of us here. In my opinion, there are reasons why a certain person doesn't receive any merits because:

1. He is not that famous here in the forum, I mean based on what I observed on this forum, most of the members that gets merits are those who have higher reputation in this forum, well I guess that can't be help since they are really making good quality post, but I think getting merits depends on how much we appreciated that certain person, if we know that he is making good quality post, let's say for example we read someone's post but his name is not familiar to us yet the quality is good, we will have a second thought if we are going to give him a merit, unlike when we are in the situation that we see a post from a very famous people here, and automatically we give them merits without hesitating.

2. His post has always been buried in the previous thread because of the spamming post made by the shit posters, making it hard to be find.
3. Most of the merited posts are in this thread, if I'm not mistaken, I rarely see post on the other threads like Bitcoin Discussion, Economy and Altcoin Discussion that has been merited by someone. I know you'll say that there is a lot of spammers in those threads, but there are some who are making good quality post too.

Again, this is just my opinion. Smiley
mpandam123

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:38:52 AM

Nice Job Theymos
with this regulation it might reduce signcamp participants from bounty campaign,it's look like demotion from silver to bronze from game Grin
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:39:23 AM

Of course, everything was done right, just as well, that they added new merin source
But people who have already been on the forum for 4-6 months, do not have a measure because they participate in the bounty compgain, they are active users of the forum - now they are newbie
I have 168 activity, 161 days of registration, and I'm a newbie
So what if you they (including you) are a newbie?? You can participate in bounty campaign even you are a newbie right? Its just you can't participate in signature campaign and its a big move from admins since most spam are coming from signature campaign.

I will say this. Those who are complaining here are proofs that whatever features are implemented here are working. Merit system worked and now this 1 merit req. and demoting also works. Those complainants are the ones who are contributing spam to the forum.

This petition is useless. Are you the admin of the forum?? You are just one of the users thay came here just for money and not for knowledge. Instead of doing this stupid petition. Its better for you to leave the forum if you don't like how the forum is. STUPID!!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
matej451

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:39:28 AM

You are sending all users in one basket. Please check the post. If user is scaming send him/her to newbie otherwise give one merit.

I did not scam. I participate in BTC forum for education, getting info and giving my opinion and aslo helping some newbies how to start trading and investing.

If you request merit than give some merit as well. Otherwise there will only be some users with merit sending a merit on a black market.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:39:55 AM

I have 386 and 196 activities that wasn't easily gotten. Only to be demoted. People don't share merit anymore
Where can I buy the merit please.
and you wonder why you never get merit after 196 activity and 389 posts? Roll Eyes Tongue

Gonna grab a popcorn to see upcoming arrived Meta drama Tongue
and merit police officers are gearing up to start patrolling around the clock
expect some merit abusers/sellers/traders get caught and tagged
also newbies creating threads to ask why they get ranked down or can't rank up to Jr Member Grin

Created a petition!
L.O.L. Cheesy Grin Kiss Tongue

andal02

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:40:18 AM

this rule will make spammers less, but this is also unfair sometimes it has made a good post also does not get merit
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:41:16 AM

Even your petition was made with nearly zero effort....
Oluwatimi

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:42:16 AM

It is very sad but I think it's the best step to take, because I also have been seeing lots of shit and spam post all around, this got me worried if admins do notice it. It's a good thing to do. Everyone just need to accept and work hard to get the requirements. Thumbs up theymos
genievic23

Activity: 417
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:42:55 AM

Due to excessive garbage-posting, you now need 1 merit to be a Jr Member. All existing Jr Members who didn't meet the requirement were demoted. Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.

Note that this does not affect:
 - PM rate-limiting, which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.
 - "You must wait ___ seconds...", which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.

But it does affect:
 - Voting in polls
 - Patroller jurisdiction
 - The "ignore newbie PMs" option.
 - "The body is omitted from this email because the sender is a newbie."
 - BBCode limits
 - Reduced-accuracy link filtering
 - Board restrictions

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.

One reason that I was hesitant to do this before is that there are an awful lot of newbie restrictions, and I don't want the forum to be unwelcoming to good newbies. I'll think about tying some of those to activity instead of rank in the future.

With help from DdmrDdmr, I just added 36 new merit sources, which should help newbies achieve the requirement. But if you're incapable of posting anything worthwhile, then you will never rank up, and you shouldn't: this isn't the forum for you.

Well i think this is good so newbies like me can read important post and filter those spammers, and so we can improve the way we post and share idea.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:43:17 AM
Merited by hilariousetc (2)

This should have been implemented a long, long time ago...

It's funny to see all these threads (and posts) from ex-jr members popping up.. Half of them are kissing ass, praising the new system in the hopes of receiving a merit and keep spamming. The other half is dragging in half-assed arguments hoping to change Theymos's mind.

I've seen people that have been on bitcointalk for over a year, making litteraly hundreds of posts without earning a single merit, and now they're actively attacking the new system... It actually makes me chuckle.

Good job Theymos  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vieni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:43:42 AM

Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.

Then comes this guy.

Yah i noticed this too. And i noticed that he is referring to his other account.

And good job @theymos for implementing this regulations. And one thing some are having multiple accounts. I think maybe some restrictions on registration too.
Seth2009

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:43:55 AM

Due to excessive garbage-posting, you now need 1 merit to be a Jr Member. All existing Jr Members who didn't meet the requirement were demoted. Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.

Note that this does not affect:
 - PM rate-limiting, which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.
 - "You must wait ___ seconds...", which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.

But it does affect:
 - Voting in polls
 - Patroller jurisdiction
 - The "ignore newbie PMs" option.
 - "The body is omitted from this email because the sender is a newbie."
 - BBCode limits
 - Reduced-accuracy link filtering
 - Board restrictions

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.

One reason that I was hesitant to do this before is that there are an awful lot of newbie restrictions, and I don't want the forum to be unwelcoming to good newbies. I'll think about tying some of those to activity instead of rank in the future.

With help from DdmrDdmr, I just added 36 new merit sources, which should help newbies achieve the requirement. But if you're incapable of posting anything worthwhile, then you will never rank up, and you shouldn't: this isn't the forum for you.

Good day sir... May we get some hints where we can find those 36 new merit sources? Its been to hard for us to rank up nowadays even the legit ones... Hope you dont mind sir... Like me only few merits to achieve for me to rank up.. And yet,no chance of having it.. 😔
Hoping for your kind understanding sir... So we can improve a lot to achieve those merits...

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:44:12 AM

This is a welcoming decision as the intentions are clean clear. However I still feel the whole merit system should be more balanced and unsentimental. What is the essence of having numerous meaningful posts without a single merit? This is discouraging, and who cares? Consider a check into the merit system as well. Gracia

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
CryptoSkBoss

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:44:50 AM

Respected bitcointalk admistratior and moderators how about the member (Jr member) who turns into jr member before 1 September remains Jr member but who create account after 1 September required at least 150 or 200 activity point to promote into Jr member this is just my suggestion please think about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: