Bitcoin Forum
October 05, 2024, 08:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29669 times)
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:08:28 AM

I think it is possible for the wallet to be hacked. Some months ago, there was an issue and occurrence that many wallets of ERC20 were hacked. Many people lost their coins. However, if we can make it sucre, I think the chance of being hacked will be smaller. Or, we can use the hardware wallet or offline wallet to minimize lost.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:13:52 AM

I have the experience the wallet is hacking for someone before, but I am not sure why these people have my wallet password, maybe I have visited the phishing website, anyway I just lost little money, and never visit the unknow web now.
Security in this market is very crucial because we are all vulnerable from the hackers. Protection must be done properly to prevent things like this. Its good that you learn a lot from this experience, phishing sites are always here to hack our personal details, I hope the security can be more improve in the future.
gunhell16

Activity: 1848
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:17:41 AM

It can be hack by anyone if you will not take care of the information needed to open your wallet.
IF you will share your private keys in public that will be your end.
the first to do is be careful and take care of your information to secure your wallet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:21:34 AM

Yes, nowadays ETH hacking is real, some hackers have hacked and lost the coins stored in their wallets, so the first step into the cryptographic market is to learn how to secure your account clause.

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
pebreely
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:37:13 AM

If your wallet has permanent access to the Internet - then it can be hacked sooner or later. Either viruses that are now actively mutating and insufficiently reliable antiviruses. Or phishing sites where you can enter your data. Also, the wallet itself can be a scam and, after attracting a large amount of capital, simply deceive everyone.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3122
Merit: 608

OrangeFren.com

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:40:51 AM

A wallet is vulnerable if the developers of it didn't developed it well.

And also as user we do have to be diligent and careful on how we are accessing our wallets. Always the website you are accessing your private keys through MEW and exchanges too. But the best way to keep your funds safe is through the having a hardware wallet.

chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:42:36 AM

Yes, of course, my friend. This is one risk that must be accepted because there is no guarantee or refund in cryptocurrency if the hacker has taken your coin.
Cryptocurrency wallets are the same as in the real world, and wallets are only physical objects, if we are careless and not care we will lose that wallet
Dyanggok

Merit: 60

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:45:04 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

I read about fake wallet sites that try to get your private key by using that fake sites. However, this can be countered by bookmarking the website.
ekoyulio20

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:01:15 AM

I think it's very vulnerable and maybe it could happen, from my friend's experience there are those who have experienced wallet hacking where my friend is a bounty player and maybe it can be when he fills in the registration form for the bounty for the wallet he fills his private key without realizing it from for double security I feel that using the private key code is very vulnerable. Another thing is that sometimes there is a spam e-mail where the e-mail is phishing your web wallet even though it is the same web but it's fake and it really needs to be careful.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:06:35 AM

Of course hackers can hack absolutely any person if they want. Recently, the founder of the anti-virus John McAfee challenged hackers to crack his wallet and a week later they hacked though they wrote that the wallet was super safe. I know how they can hack your account on the exchange if you do not have 2fa authentication enabled or through mail.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:10:34 AM

Yes its very possible that your wallet will be hack if you wont care on it. Lot of people has scam because of mistake filling form and accidentally show there pk. Visiting malicious site also can lead wallet hack
Alliipp

Activity: 374
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:18:00 AM

When it comes to hacking, it must be done by reliable hackers who have prepared the old way. This has happened to me and many people. But now it hasn't happened yet and it might happen again.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:19:52 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 04:38:21 AM by coynedterm

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
This is a truth that wallets sometimes remain ( due to lack of understanding of developer of wallet ) vulnerable , but I don't think that any wallet will have any type of mistake that can result into hack .
If you will use third party platfroms for store of your cryptocurrency then surely there are chances that you will loss .
Third party wallets have option to access the account with the use of the email ids and another otp system that are easy to bypass by the hackers , so it always remain better for the people to make himself sure that they are using official wallets and are not going with the third party platforms .
Here if we talk about the vulnerability then we can say that there exists some chances but usually developers are not fool , they make every type of experiment over the creation and they checked very well that whether the project is going on very well or not or if there is any type of fault exist that can give big problem in future , overall they checked the wallet from every side to make sure that people get better trust with the wallet .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:54:49 PM

Cracking wallet to get the private key is almost impossible.  But there are many ways how a funds can be stolen.  First is the carelessness of individuals who exposes his private keys to others.  He may fell victim to keyloggers and phishing sites which can intercept usernames and passwords so the thief can have access to victim’s accounts.  Other thing is storing private keys on cloud spaces which may be stolen.  The best way is to generate paper wallet offline, write down the private keys and store it somewhere safe.

Hacking technologies are getting more and more sophisticated nowadays.
Keyloggers and phishing sites are one of the topmost choices of these hackers.
They can deceive users easily especially those gullible ones that are attracted by freebies and other free stuffs.
enta2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:56:37 PM

It's dependent which wallet you are use
Anyway hack wallet is very hard task

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 12:11:16 AM

I have few friends who experienced that kind of problem. Possible reason why their mew wallet had been hacked was clicking unsecured links that is phishing in nature and also the other one says she accidentally gave her wallet privates keys instead of wallet address with someone who she just met online. Just always be extra careful and never allow anyone to have access with your private keys.
vandeam

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:15:14 AM

Yes, it is possible if you keep your private key unsafe. I recommend to print your private key on paper and enter it manually.

0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:31:53 AM

You should know that nothing is impossible with hacking. Don't be deluded in thinking you're 100% untouchable from adverting.
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:35:18 AM

If you mean if blocklchain can be hacked, this is a quite impossible event, however if you refer to a wallet hacking it's possibile expecially if wallet is not an hardware one.

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
handini

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

Yes, it is possible if you keep your private key unsafe. I recommend to print your private key on paper and enter it manually.
yes it is very possible what cannot happen in the business world. maybe we neglect to always keep an eye on the wallet and give an account to friends you don't trust enough to make a lot of money. you also neglect to save hard.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: