Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29611 times)
Teal Deer

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

It seems to me only new wallets that are not yet recognized by society can have some vulnerability. Typically, these vulnerabilities are addressed over time. I recommend that you use hardware wallets to store your digital assets. The choice is huge now. Personally I like ledger nano s
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:03:53 AM

Both of those hacking are possible. Couple of days ago, I have heard that some fillipinos have hacked sum $900 million or something like that was hacked from US bank which was owned by Bangladesh bank. Also, hacking in crypto is also possible. So, you can't be safe 100% anywhere.
You're right, either bank or wallet hacking are automatically is in risk because this was running through technology which IT's can diminished earning. In fact much better here in crypto , because we can registered more account and can easily transfer anywhere but in having a wise perspective.
reijusama2583

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:38:46 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
Yes it is possible if you gonna encounter a phishing site because there is a lot of scammer right now even the site has been already a scam if they registration on a certain site need you key in your wallet and you just only trusted that site it can be because there are some that is phishing where in all you identity and others can be gathered and stoled. That is why that is possible that account can be hacked. Just be smart all the time and always research. 
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:01:18 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
The wallet of the cryptocurrency is safe unless you reveal the secret of the wallet yourself. For the security of your wallet, it is best to write the key down.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 05:55:07 PM

Obviously, wallet hacking is possible. In a couple of months ago my Ether wallet was hack. There is lots of people face this problem but if you use digital Technology so you can protect your wallet for hacking. If you want to protect your wallet so you should need to use hardware wallet because hardware wallet is very safe and nobody hack this wallet. Already my ether wallet was hack so I’m very afraid with this matter.
suryogandul

Activity: 550

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:56:53 PM

Hacking wallet still happens even though the frequency of occurrence has decreased significantly, we must be able to maintain the security of our own data with a protected network connection

enta2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

Theoretically this is possible, but it is  very difficult, if you take all the security measures and use proven wallets

dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 06:09:42 PM

If you use any web wallets which you create by using username and password are easy to hack rather than wallets which you hold private key of. It is Actually impossible to broke ones private key. The exchanges are also most prone to hacks . The safest option is to use a hardware wallet but people like me who cant afford a hardware wallet atleast should have use a wallet which gives users control over private key

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
chikucrypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:10:40 AM

Hacking is a big problem so i think if you have Erc wallet and have private ken there is very difficult to hack your wallet but i must say you have very care full about your wallet.As the technology is developing you have to more need to aware about  hacking.
shencaiha

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:13:49 AM

Yes, wallets can be hacked, but I've never had anything like it. I found out on some websites that someone's wallet had been hacked. Hackers can find another way to get their wallets, often via phishing.
SilverCup08

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:38:43 AM

Blockchain technology brings the user safety features, that make it difficult for thieves or hackers to steal money. Digital currencies come wrapped in safety deposit boxes, which are called wallets. The question that arises, is whether users can operate wallets themselves or if they need to trust a third party to do it. In most cases, people select the latter option. Several third-party services are available where you can store, send or receive digital currencies in just a few simple steps. It’s a sensible option as, digital wallets rely on advanced security features but then it's is the right and wrong choice of a third party that will put your cryptos at risk of being hacked.

The other option is acquiring a digital wallet for yourself. This requires every user to keep track of two important keys, the private and public key. Think of a public key as a safety deposit box, where you can receive or store digital currencies, and a private key is a secret way of opening that box. If you lose your key however, then you are most probably going to be prone to hacking. The choice is yours to make.
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:00:02 AM

I still haven't felt such an incident and hope I will never, because it is very detrimental if the coin we have disappeared, I heard the problem of some people whose wallet was hacked because they accidentally displayed or sent their private key while participating in the campaign, my advice we must be careful in maintaining the privacy of our wallet from others
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:53:59 PM

i know that any software can be hacked. anything is possible. but there are ways to reduce this possibility. you should use a non infected computer. you should connect to your private lan, not public ones. you should use a hardware wallet to store your coins.

turn the page
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:13:06 PM

Of course it is. There are some way to avoid it.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

Crypto currency circulation using the internet network, this is very likely hacked by hackers. I've experienced theft of tokens in my wallet.
and I can't do anything about the incident that I experienced
xhibit1

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:48:12 PM

yes definitely, wallet hacking is more than possible. When you loose guard of your private keys and mnemonic phrarses, hackers will find a way to get into your wallet and move your funds.
Hammerman

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:17:04 PM

Many ways to hack your wallet. This is both malicious software and fraudulent links ... But most often people lose their coins because of their own mistakes. It is necessary to carefully keep your private keys. The best way to date is a hardware wallet. It is not expensive, but reliable enough.
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:32:22 PM

If you use the wallet in exchanges, when this exchange is hacked, your coins will be lost although they don't know your password to sign in. If you use the private wallet on web such as Myetherwallet, you can lost money when you lost your private key or somehow, others know your private key like recent scam forms such as sending to you a link to claim tokens for airdrop and require you to fill your private key. If you don't pay attention, you will lost it

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
Super_Leyla

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:38:46 PM

Time does not stand still. Everything goes in development. So why shouldn't hackers evolve?)) Because I think that in the world of crypto currencies, you need to be very neat
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

If you are talking about brute force the private key then I think it is a very hard thing to do and not possible right now but there's an easier way and that's to hack the user device and gain the access to the wallet. The security of crypto wallet itself is good but most of the time it's the users that don't care about their device security and they allow malware to get into their computer or they are not careful and open a phising site.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: