Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:35:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29612 times)
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:39:35 PM

if the private key does not shine anywhere, then you will be safe. because in 99% of cases, hacking occurs on the vein of coin holders. manual hack wallet is not possible
Manual hacking by making random private key will only direct it to a random eth wallet, same as guessing an user password. It's almost impossible to do to get it to the right eth wallet. It will take a very long time, I think it will spend all of its age.
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:13:28 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
Once it's online then this will be prone to hacking and you need to be wise on your money. You should learn not to put all your coins/ token in just 1 wallet and never click any suspicious link on your email or websites.
becklyn06

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 AM

Of course, yes, wallet Hacking is possible and many have been victims of hackers but there is what an individual can do to protect his wallet: Avoid sites that are not trusted, use different passwords for various sites, DO NOT EVER sign a message on fraudulent sites. Protect your private keys, back them up and write them out on a seperate device.
Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:51:11 AM

Hacking is possible everywhere and wallets are included in this list. I like to have a feeling of the game not to allow someone to get my money and it works for me.

bitcoinbuyer

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:11:30 AM

Thefts, scams and hackking could be everywhere as we can see because it is obvious that people are ready to have a risk to get money in the easier way.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 11:18:36 AM

your wallet can be hack if you visit phishing website and enter your private key or share your private keys to someone, be careful and save your private keys in safest place then nobody can hack your wallet.
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:19:50 AM

Anything electronic is potentially hack-able.   You need to be very disciplined with your keys and passwords
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

to hack the wallet directly is impossible i mean to crack the walled codes. we have heard many hacking but that is the fault of the owners wallet because the information about their wallet got hack. there are many kinds of way how hacker can hack you but they can't hack the wallet codes.
carlzhao

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

The main place where you can hold your money is you wallet and unfortunately it could be hacked. You must use hard system of security and do not talk about it a lot.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:32:37 AM

One of the main requirements is never to enter MEW or another wallet when VPN is enabled. Personally, I use VPN just to log in Telegram,no VPN provider Telegrams blocks. As soon as I need to go to MEW or another wallet,even on the exchange,even with 2 FA, I disable VPN. And of course the basic requirements:1)Keep links to real wallets in your favorites; 2)Never follow the links in unknown letters relating to airdrop,bounty,1000000 dollars and others.Do not believe the letters from the alleged MEW, it is better to check on the site; 3) Do not store the private key in the browser bookmarks,only in a text file or even on a flash drive.Regularly checked by antivirus.
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:09:01 PM

One of the main requirements is never to enter MEW or another wallet when VPN is enabled. Personally, I use VPN just to log in Telegram,no VPN provider Telegrams blocks. As soon as I need to go to MEW or another wallet,even on the exchange,even with 2 FA, I disable VPN. And of course the basic requirements:1)Keep links to real wallets in your favorites; 2)Never follow the links in unknown letters relating to airdrop,bounty,1000000 dollars and others.Do not believe the letters from the alleged MEW, it is better to check on the site; 3) Do not store the private key in the browser bookmarks,only in a text file or even on a flash drive.Regularly checked by antivirus.
All the advice that you gave was very good except for the very last part, while in theory it may seem like a good idea to check your computer for viruses, if you really want to hold cryptocurrencies in a secure way then you cannot use an operative system like Windows you need to use a more secure operative system like any of the many flavors of Linux.
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

Most of the wallets can be hacked, or rather you can hack all wallets, just what the hack is easy and what is difficult. If you use a hardware wallet, the risk of being hacked is minimized.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kombatx
Copper Member

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:26:34 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
As one hacker said - there is nothing that cannot be hacked! Therefore, I am unequivocally sure that any wallet does not protect one hundred percent from theft of the contents.

▀          [   BUY TOKENS!   ]   REMCO :  Remittance Token  [   BUY TOKENS!   ]          ▀
World's 1st Powerful Distributed Token-Generating Platform for Money Transfer
▄       WHITEPAPER       ▄        FACEBOOK       ▄        TWITTER       ▄        GITHUB       ▄
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:39:31 PM

It all depends on the wallet that you use, as a rule, most open source wallets are not possible to crack, it means that only you are responsible for your private key and the safety of your funds. Be careful in everything, especially in sites that you visit, always check the address bar for the presence of unnecessary elements.
karavay_71

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:38:38 PM

Wallet hacking - probably no, only in very rare occasions, but in the most situations hackers hack PCs and just steal what is in notepad files or "cntrl+c" buffer.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

As one hacker said - there is nothing that cannot be hacked! Therefore, I am unequivocally sure that any wallet does not protect one hundred percent from theft of the contents.
I completely agree with you with this opinion, because if there is an object, as well as an interest in it, then once the attacks will bring the desired result. On this basis, it is necessary to draw conclusions and understand that the safety of our funds depends on ourselves. That is, we must be careful and make it possible for our wallets to be invisible. that is, not to be interested in them.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:23:07 PM

To your wallet is not hacked, it is enough to follow simple rules. Save the site with a purse in bookmarks, do not tell anyone your private key, do not install questionable wallets and applications, use only official distributions.
although we already make this step, hackers still able attack our wallet.they have various technique.we often heard many exchanges hacked and much balance stolllen.

There is no perfect system, everything is still possible for hackers, the important thing is to divide the crypto in some wallets so that if one is hacked we can still hope from the other.

what you have to keep in mind is, if we want to keep assets that are truly safe, eat the only best way in my opinion is to keep them in a cold wallet, because the Cold Wallet is separate from the internet network, then it is the best anticipation, or at least save it in the wallet where only we know the Private Key from our wallet instead of storing it on the exchanger

KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:25:02 PM

Usually hacking into wallets is not done by guessing your private key, it is actually easier to try to steal the victim's key than to try to decrypt the encryption, many people enter their data voluntarily to sites that are obvious scams or phishing, so there is no need to break your head by solving puzzles.

christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:45:32 PM

Wallet can be hacked just like exchange been hack.... Hackers makes use of different tricks to access your wallet for instance phishing site, hacking your computer system.... I think it possible to hack wallet but the percentage of doing that is small.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:59:24 PM

Usually, hacking is very identical starting with tracking the victim's ID and Password, also often:
to try to decrypt the encryption,

There are several cases, which can cause the wallet to be vulnerable to hackers' behavior. Among them is caused by:
3. Beware of Phising Web Pages

Increased interest in crypto currencies makes many new investors enter the market. Lots of land in a fake landing page that claims to be a popular digital currency exchange platform. One example is the one that uses the Punycode technique. Through this method, the fake domain 'xn - inance-hrb [dot] com' can be displayed as 'ƅinance [dot] com'. This technique is usually able to deceive consumers, because web pages can look really like the original. You can overcome this by being aware of vulnerabilities that exist in internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Opera,

5. Beware of Bitcoin Thief Malware

Malware is something that concerns computer owners. But now, a new category of malware capable of stealing Bitcoin-related data has appeared. Malware authorized by the computer owner is able to record typing or search for a file with the keyword "Account", "Password", "Bitcoin", "Wallet", or other keywords specified by the author, then upload the file to an anonymous server automatically.

In addition, there is also a malware that seeks to absorb the computing power of computer users to mine crypto. Anticipating this, YouTube is trying to deactivate ads that take computing power to mine crypto currencies. It is believed, after users see the related ad videos, the computer becomes slow and there will be warnings from anti-virus programs. Malware like this can steal up to 100% of computing power to mine crypto currencies (generally Monero). The solution that can be applied here is to install strong anti-virus protection and active Firewall to protect the computer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: