Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29610 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:51:51 PM

An important security note that has already been mentioned here not for the first time is that any system today, which is written by man, can be hacked, so just don’t think about security, it simply doesn’t and cannot be
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Yes. It is possible and usually the hacker gets the private key on a phishing site. Its just a matter of typing the right URL yet a lot of people are caught on the hackers trap. That is why I always have the URL bookmarked. It is easier to click than to type and it is much safer. Dunno why other people prefer not to do it. Also, there are hackers that has the ability to login to our computer when they successfully installed their program by means of viruses. It is safer not to store any data on your device, use a flash drive instead.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:17:41 AM

Yes wallet hacking is possible and these are the following ways to hack the wallet are as.

1.Stealing the private keys.
2.Bitcoin miner malware.
3.Fake wallets.
4.Stolen value stores.
5.Keyloggers.

Here's the solution to prevent from hacks:
1. Wallet should have "Secure Backup", this feature protects the users from malware trying to steal the the seeds. The secure back up may be in form of PDF containing QR code, PDF must be oacjed as encrypted archive .
2. Wallet must be an open source, this feature applies security for the software. Having an open source wallet allows the user to have full control over his fund without third party like exchanges wallet. This also makes you invulnerable to potential  stealing, and most importantly you do not need to rely on anyone else about your stored funds.
Check the features of HODLER wallet. This technology might help to keep us from  potential hacking.
It sounds very difficult for me to do that. It's easy to secure your money but a lot of people lack of education about that. when there was a wallet that supported to be used in the offline version and they are still using online wallet to store their token. Why do people still use online MEW if they can use offline MEW to make it more secure from the malware attack or phishing?

Its actually simple, even people with no background knowledge about Crypto could understand it. To easily understand the feature, nstall the Hodler app and use it. You yourself will find how secure your fund is. Aside from hardware wallet it is still good to use an online wallet considering that is open source. MEW is good but it could not hold other alternative coin which HODLER wallet could offer.
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:58:48 PM

if your system is being hacked then hackers could penetrate your system then hack your wallet , you need to always to keep it safe. Lot's of phishing app and sites that could make your system vulnerable and steal your informations like private key and other relevant to wallet access.
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:01:52 PM

I do not think that the wallet can be hacked. I think the problem is phishing. In general, people lose their coins because they publish their key. Install the wrong web extension.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 05:09:28 PM

Well, that is quiet possible. You can loose the wallet dat file and then it can be hacked. Trojans, and other viruses, there are a lot of stuff out there that can penetrate the system and pull the required info and can deprive you of your coins. So be safe, don't trust unknown links, and have a good antivirus on your system always.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:22:22 PM

There are smart scammers and smart programs that can hack not only wallets, but also any sites and even exchanges. You need to be vigilant. The best way to store cold wallet passwords. And of course, you need to be careful and avoid phishing sites.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:28:20 PM

Anything can now hack. it is better that the computer is used only for work purposes, do not follow external links and install a good antivirus and browser
and hardware wallets if you are a holder

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

exchanges built on database while watters bulit on blockchain which is not possible to hack untill unless you enter your private keys into some pishing site

sale.kripta

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:24:05 PM

Hackers are very advanced in hacking technologies, all investors need to be extremely careful. Any information can be stolen, and it does not pose problems for highly skilled hackers.
stas.dron

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:27:57 PM

Unfortunately yes( Some of my friends lose their money this way so I am agraid also and I don't know how protcect my investments from this(
brixbounty

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:52:54 PM

You can become a victim of phishing or fraud, but to avoid this, keep a bookmark in the official website of the wallet, do not tell anyone your private key and keep it in a safe place.

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
poiska7662

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:55:09 PM

it always happens this nowadays you have to be aware of sites that you click some of it is full of malware that attacks your computer and steals your private key. the first thing to do is to not allow this to intrude your computer and be aware of some sites that have a malware.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
sergeykravchenko1959

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

You must not give anyone your private key , visit phishing sites (check the address bar of the website) , otherwise you can lose your cryptocurrency. For the greater safety of their coins, we recommend to use hardware wallets.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:02:47 PM

Wallet can be hacked if your wallet keys  especially private key is stolen from you. Your account will be compromised and an unauthorized persons will have access to the account. Once that happened your account is gone with all the coins inside it. You must do all you can to safe keep your wallet keys from any other person  to avoid the unfortunate incidence of wallet hacking.
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

I think the hacker wallet is a result of entering a Private Key on web fishing. They often send via email by distributing Airdrop gifts. Earlier I just found a message in the form of joining AirDrop on behalf of the BNB. I deleted the message, but I also entered the Private Key on the  web fishing.
After I checked the BNB official website there was no distribution of the Airdrop prizes. And email is also different from the official BNB website.
I suggest that you carefully join AirDrop.
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:13:01 PM

of course! expecially if you are using myetherwallet, the best way is ledger, but you can use hard wallets, it is good too
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:13:01 AM

You must not give anyone your private key , visit phishing sites (check the address bar of the website) , otherwise you can lose your cryptocurrency. For the greater safety of their coins, we recommend to use hardware wallets.
It's  always needed to take care of your wallet, there's no hard thing with hackers, they can easily break everything when you will give them a chance,
if possible do every necessary precaution's and use a hardware wallets if you really have a bigger assets and avoid giving any ideas to anyone not
unless it is close to you that you really trusted.
Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:00:51 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
Hacking of wallet is very possible right now just for example this year many reports that has been submitted in the forum about lossing and hacking of their wallets. So if your asking if hacking is possible, Yes it is possible.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:27:17 AM

very likely to occur even many who have been hacked, both wallets or exchangers, security systems are a very necessary thing in storing crypto currency assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: