Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29598 times)
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:05:45 AM

of course possible, so many projects about wallet make a statement that their wallet is 100% safe from hacking, so many people are interested to using it, besides wallet hacking also mostly occurs because of phishing sites that make people able to hack our wallets, therefore we must really maintain the private key from our wallet to avoid hacking, that's why many wallet projects use extra security so that our wallets are safer from hacking.

Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:43:57 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

To the best of my knowledge, wallet hacking is possible in this particular way, If you entered a phishing site where your wallet Passphrase or private key is given out or in the case of a stolen phone for mobile wallets

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:49:38 AM

It is very possible and until now there has been frequent hacking in the wallet, for me this is a big loss that often occurs and therefore we must be able to get other ways to be able to get security in our assets

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:06:25 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

Wallet hacking is very possible if you do not do the right things necessary to protect its security.
1. On no occasion should you enter your Passphrase or import private keys to any website that is not a decentralized exchange approved on coinmarketcap. (go to www.coinmarketcap.com for verified exchanges)
2. Always save your wallet passwords in a personal diary so that your wallet can be easily recovered if theirs a phone loss

Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:35:21 AM

It depends on which wallet are you referring to. Online wallets can be easily robbed by hackers if you are bot careful with your private keys.

Cold wallets are much more secure as their private keys are built in and  they never leave the device.

The most important thing for secure wallet is to activate all security features (2FA), until now I use an online wallet and it doesn't have a problem, besides opening websites from bookmarks is important because there are currently too many fake sites that send links containing viruses.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:39:27 AM

Of course even big exchanges like bithumb get hacked, i don't know how those hackers do it but if they can hacked big exchanges then they can also hack ordinary peoples wallet either from a website or an application. However we have certain measures that can prevent us from being hacked like turning on our 2fa and store our private keys in a very secure way as possible.

Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:44:48 AM

This is very possible that your wallet can be hacked and it is the main concern of the major crypto holders. But, I personally already hacked of myetherwallet last year in the December. So, I would like to suggest you should use the Trezor or the Ledger Nano S for your crypto coin as a wallet. This is a hardware wallet like a cold store.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:46:21 AM

It depends on which wallet are you referring to. Online wallets can be easily robbed by hackers if you are bot careful with your private keys.

Cold wallets are much more secure as their private keys are built in and  they never leave the device.

The most important thing for secure wallet is to activate all security features (2FA), until now I use an online wallet and it doesn't have a problem, besides opening websites from bookmarks is important because there are currently too many fake sites that send links containing viruses.
It's true, 2FA is really good to protect your wallet. Not only for your wallet but also good for all your account, so the hacker will not know your 2FA code to open your wallet and your account. Wallet hacking is really possible to the hacker, so please always protect your account and be safe.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:57:06 AM

It's true, 2FA is really good to protect your wallet. Not only for your wallet but also good for all your account, so the hacker will not know your 2FA code to open your wallet and your account. Wallet hacking is really possible to the hacker, so please always protect your account and be safe.
if 2FA combine with email or phone while we login into our account could be more secure.i use several exchanges and one of them use this methode.and they required double code on our phone and email.i am comfort use this way.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:04:57 AM

Wallets can be hacked in any number of ways, from phishing (fake websites), keyloggers on computers, to malware. I thus recommend that users consider a hardware wallet for security.
Garry_1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 09:28:13 AM

Yes it is possible.A multiple currency wallet or multi-currency wallet or universal cryptocurrency wallet is the one which supports more than one cryptocurrencies. It is beneficial because you don’t to keep many many wallets to keep your cryptos.we have to choose the cryptocurrency wallet for digitized transactions carefully. Selecting the wrong wallet might lead to your money loss.

Hence, it's very critical to understand the benefits of each of the wallets before using one for yourself.Do your own research and find out the wallet which is best for you.
chikucrypto

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 09:54:03 AM

Yes wallet hacking is possible because hackers are so clever and if you are not giving attention towards your wallet and it's safety then you can loose your hard earned money so always give attention to your wallet.
PROdotBITCOIN

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:56:59 PM

It seems to me that hackers can hack everything. We must be very careful and not give our private keys to strangers. In addition, I would recommend storing the keys on a separate media and not on a personal computer.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:17:52 PM

Wallets can be hacked in any number of ways, from phishing (fake websites), keyloggers on computers, to malware. I thus recommend that users consider a hardware wallet for security.

True. Hacking is only possible if we are not equipped with enough knowledge to keep our assets from getting stolen. Or everyone should have a seperate pc for their leisure time for surfing social media sites or watching videos and the other pc is for making transactions in banks and cryptocurrencies.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:24:28 PM

I think possible if your computer system hacked someone. Or if mallware attack your computer, then all your personal data will be gone to hacker. And thrid, if you install third party software without any trust source, then you can got hacked.         

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:50:14 PM

if 2FA combine with email or phone while we login into our account could be more secure.i use several exchanges and one of them use this methode.and they required double code on our phone and email.i am comfort use this way.
It could but there are some people said that even with all of the combinations from the various security measures and they are still getting hacked. Hacker will always do various method to steal our data. The offline wallet is much preferable.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:53:56 PM

I think possible if your computer system hacked someone. Or if mallware attack your computer, then all your personal data will be gone to hacker. And thrid, if you install third party software without any trust source, then you can got hacked.         
to hack a wallet is actually very complicated. all security that is made is very sophisticated to safeguard our assets. if something goes wrong or we lose an asset maybe it's all because of our own mistakes in securing the keys from our wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:08:25 PM

It's true about that, there are many ways you can take the money you have. It's time to store your assets not in one wallet. it is very high risk to produce losses.
itrus

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:22:57 PM

This totally depends on the type of wallets you use and the level of awareness you have on wallets.

• Web Wallet
  • Exchange Wallet
  • Desktop Wallet
  • Hardware Wallet

There are cases where even hardware wallet can be compromised when you put your seeds around. This totally depends on the awareness you have on how different types of wallets works and knowledge on how to secure it.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:29:52 PM

of course, wallet hacking is very possible.
Any type of wallet is very possible to hack, but they have a different level of security, and what until now I believe to be the safest wallet is wallet hardware such as Ledger Nano S, TREZOR, KeepKey or others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: