Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29596 times)
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:20:46 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

All wallets bot cold and hot wallets are susceptible to hacking but only when key sensitive information is not secured. Do not give your private keys or mnemonics to any website, if you are confused on the website being a phishing site, kindly go through www.coinmarketcap.com to confirm its authenticity

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

Most hack reports that have bwen recorded was due to the owner fault. Exposing ones private key can lead to hack..when owneers sign i a phsing site and provide their private keys in such site they will e hacked

MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:39:22 PM

Hacking your personal wallet in which you owned the privatekey is impossible unless you've been a victim in phishing sites or your computer or laptop where you stored your privatekey was hacked.

Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:55:43 PM

Yes everything thing is possible. And it depends on many thing. If you are into hardware wallet then it's kind of impossible. Or even it's hard to hand a wallet for hacker which is backed by a private key. But online wallets can be hacked. But most of the time people hacked by their irresponsibility. Most of the time hacker use a very easy trick called pishing. They send you a clone of a website or a link and it's look like your wallet site and whenever you put the the private key their you are already hacked. So it's on your hand if you aware about this thinks then it's hard to be hacked. So you have to be more careful. That's the only think you can be safe from hacking. Never use any link send by a stranger. Always double check your sites. And don't open you wallet all the time if it's not urgent.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Wittny

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 10:23:26 PM

Wallet cannot be hacked if the owner of the wallet is not been careless with his wallet security information by leaking it to some phishing site or to friends.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 10:46:04 PM

hacking of our wallet is very very possible, and the hacking method also varies. and what I have experienced, is hacking by using a virus, then the second hacking I experienced was attacking my WIFI network. actually the solution is only one make sure your device is safe

bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:43:33 PM

in my opinion it is actually not vulnerable as long as we do not have phishing attacks, malware, and also the most dangerous rat because for example the rat if you keep the privatekey code on the thief's hard drive can easily take it but to prevent such things from using antivirus and don't easily trust new wallet if possible use an official wallet and is used by many people
prayogi

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:59:26 PM

I have never experienced it, but I have heard about hacking a wallet, this is very likely, wallet hacking can occur through a phishing site that asks you to fill in information about the wallet and private key, or it can be because the security of the PC is not maintained, making it easy hacking occurs, to avoid this you must avoid opening phishing sites and maintain the security of your PC, you also have to maintain the confidentiality of the private key from your wallet and don't let anyone know the private key from your wallet
Joran_crypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:41:49 AM

The cryptocurrency wallets work just like a bank account where we can store the transactions made, can use to send and receive digital currency.

A multiple currency wallet or multi-currency wallet or universal cryptocurrency wallet is the one which supports more than one cryptocurrencies. It is beneficial because you don’t keep many many wallets to keep your cryptos.
Some of the top multi-cryptocurrency wallets are Ledger Nano S, Ledger Blue, KeepKey, Jaxx, Trezor etc.cryptocurrency wallet is the one which supports more than one cryptocurrencies. It is beneficial because you don’t to keep many many wallets to keep your cryptos.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:27:54 AM

Situations in general happen and occur in those cases when people use the Internet is not very good, because there are situations when people in general have great problems with understanding the Internet.
Sonu_titu

Activity: 136
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:29:18 AM

Wallets can be hacked. Proof being the recent Electrum Wallet Hacked. Over $900K Got Stolen in a Phishing Attack.
https://cryptopotato.com/electrum-wallet-hacked-over-900k-got-stolen-in-a-phishing-attack/

It is always required to check the URL when you are login in to any exchange or any wallet of yours. Hacker can change the URL and access your credentials and other details. There are malware that have hacked 2FA from MAC.

logisticalmother

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:41:38 AM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
online wallets are indeed a lot so it depends on which one we want to use but, for sure, choose those who already have official licenses and high security so the risk of getting hacked will be smaller so we can calm down, I personally use blockchain wallets and I feel comfortable and safe when using this wallet so this can be a good wallet reference.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 11:59:40 AM

Wallet easely can be hucked. The simplyest way of hucking is fishing emails. What is that? Email has inside adress which very look like adress of official web site but has a little differenc of letter, number instead letter, etc. When you follow this adress - will be forwarded to cheaters website which looks like real MEW. Ther you fill your privacy key or keystore and congratulations - you are hucked!
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 12:08:59 PM

Actually, your crypto isn't actually stored in your wallet.
This is one of the parts of blockchain tech that people often dont understand.

Your crypto is on the blockchain.
The blockchain is open source ledger that anyone can look at and access and distributed around the world.
Your "wallet" is actually just your keys to transact on the blockchain.

so anyone can look at, mine, and transact on the blockchain.
but in order to move crypto from one address to another, you need to use the key.

So for simplicities sake, people have called the key a wallet, it's basically your key and a gui (graphic user interface) that lets you see how much is at your address.

So the only way it can get hacked is if someone has access to your key.

Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:36:23 PM

hacking of our wallet is very very possible, and the hacking method also varies. and what I have experienced, is hacking by using a virus, then the second hacking I experienced was attacking my WIFI network. actually the solution is only one make sure your device is safe

I found many hackers doing with viruses to extract data or funds that you have until now. Many people complain about viruses that consume a lot of their coins.
rausvi11

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 12:37:53 PM

Yes, it is possible. In my case they first have hacking my pc. After that, they changes my passwords and stole my keys. Allmost all of my coins are gone....
we are talking about wallet hacking, not computer hacking. Your wallet was stolen, not hacked Sad

Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:17:40 PM

It is possible only if your private keys are placed on an electronic device with an internet access. It is not good of course.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:24:18 PM

Actually, your crypto isn't actually stored in your wallet.
This is one of the parts of blockchain tech that people often dont understand.

Your crypto is on the blockchain.
The blockchain is open source ledger that anyone can look at and access and distributed around the world.
Your "wallet" is actually just your keys to transact on the blockchain.

so anyone can look at, mine, and transact on the blockchain.
but in order to move crypto from one address to another, you need to use the key.

So for simplicities sake, people have called the key a wallet, it's basically your key and a gui (graphic user interface) that lets you see how much is at your address.

So the only way it can get hacked is if someone has access to your key.

Simple but well covered about what is wallet and how can we save from hacking.Most newbies confusing hacking bitcoin with wallet hacking FYI guys it is impossible to hack the blockchain unless you have over 50% of control over miners.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:25:20 PM

I can say it's possible to hack a wallet if he does not keep and secure his wallet most because wallet users especially with bounty hunters and joining airdrops have an extra wallet so it's used in airdrops that are too big they just want to protect their old wallet or hackers from hackers so you do not have to worry about your funds and altcoins because they're bounty hunter losing funds and altcoins or hacking because hackers just know one of them those who did not review a website or provided the private key.
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:48:47 PM

Seems, not? Maybe, your account might be accessed and hacked if you are careless enough that you trust different entities on the internet to enter your private keys and other vital information about your account I can say. If you are going to use secure hardware wallet then it was your responsibility to be keep it safe in place where you are the only person to access it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: