Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45450 times)
chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:58:02 PM

Folk,

...After this release I am focused on hardware aspects; specifically getting control over the fan, temp, and hopefully voltage. I've put a number of hours into research and testing on those aspects and now have some confidence in my understanding of how the controls currently work -- its just a matter of me getting control over them now.
Thank you,
Jason

I think that you firstly need to learn how to change the voltage on the chips, and only then - control the fan. Although it’s likely to be related things.

I have several devices from different batches: 1,2,3. And they all work differently: 1 batch - when the frequency increases from 500 to 750, the voltage also changes from 0.8V to 0.85V

2 - batch: with increasing frequency - the voltage changes, but at a frequency of about 668-700 current protection is activated, and the PWM converter turns off
3 - batch: - When changing the frequency, the voltage DOES NOT CHANGE. At any frequency - the voltage on the chips is 0.8V

I use immersion cooling, and the temperature on the chips is less than 50 degrees at any frequency, on any batch. Therefore, if it were possible to control the voltage, I could easily check how much the maximum frequency could be increased.

If voltage cant control thru the software a hardware mod can be done to increase the voltage higher then the .80 as with most devices if you increase the freq the power needs to rise some to make it effective

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:42:04 PM

I need a couple of testers for v2.1 for the Z9 Mini, and v2.1 for the Z9 large.

Send me a PM if you are interested -- I want to get some additional verification before "opening the floodgates".

Thank you,

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:21:39 AM

Send me a PM if you are interested -- I want to get some additional verification before "opening the floodgates".

Thank you,

Jason

Thank you all, I have a few responses now.

I have a couple of others testing and a couple of testers I'm waiting to install the firmware. I want to be careful with this -- I've already found one bug in the server I had to fix. The firmware I'm confident in... just need to validate the infrastructure a little more before releasing it en masse.

Thank you,

Jason

chipless

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:54:53 AM

Thank you,

Jason

Thank you all, I have a few responses now.

I have a couple of others testing and a couple of testers I'm waiting to install the firmware. I want to be careful with this -- I've already found one bug in the server I had to fix. The firmware I'm confident in... just need to validate the infrastructure a little more before releasing it en masse.

Thank you,

Jason

PM sent

sensor2

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:09:50 AM

give a link to download the new Z9 mini firmware
keksik

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

i have first batch z9mini hashing 750Mhz stable for months. may i ask what benefits have your firmware about bitmains from batch 1?

thanks

my batch 1 minis run best at 762mhz batch 4 at 737

i can choose only 750Mhz max, i do not have more options. How did you managed to choose 762?

thanks
Marchcat2008

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:29:43 AM

i have first batch z9mini hashing 750Mhz stable for months. may i ask what benefits have your firmware about bitmains from batch 1?

thanks

... How did you managed to choose 762?

thanks
May be this metod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHiY6iNYYM
chipless

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:56:15 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 03:34:36 PM by chipless

thanks

i can choose only 750Mhz max, i do not have more options. How did you managed to choose 762?

thanks

same steps as the batch 2 mini overclock directions online.

I have working batch 4 firmware for the z9 mini unlocked with working temp and fan.

I am not asking for dev fee and only ask for donations if you find it helpful for your Batch 4 Z9 mini. This is a one time fix no further updates for this firmware Efudd has the furture updates covered with his projects.

I am only releasing this because the fan noise on the batch 4's suck.

Donations Zcash only can be sent to:  t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

THIS IS FOR Z9 Mini's ONLY WILL WORK ON ALL BATCHES 1-4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fSrEopPWO5nChvphh7zvIT_3zj4DI4t5/view?usp=sharing

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:55:10 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 05:24:35 PM by efudd

....snip...

Sigh. I kindly ask you find your own thread for this and it is seriously uncool to post that here after I've been working for weeks to prep an infrastructure to release additional functionality. I am a straight shooter and I do not appreciate your action at all.

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:25:30 PM

Folk,

Due to the thanksgiving holiday and family things, I am going to let this run with the couple of beta testers instead of expanding the audience. I need to make sure things are working (one user had issues, but appears to be network related) and be available to fix them. I'll look to get feedback from the beta testers and hopefully open the floodgates on Friday.

Thank you,

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:50:43 PM

Sigh. Chipless Posting that firmware in this thread is seriously uncool and I’m just going to call that out. It was a huge douche maneuver.

Antonio, your problems are your network. I worked with you via teamviewer until 4am my time and something at your ISP is blocking network communications. I would appreciate everyone being very clear here so there is not confusion about what is going on.

I request y’all take that conversation to your own thread.

Jason

Antonio2018

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:01:28 PM

Sigh. Chipless Posting that firmware in this thread is seriously uncool and I’m just going to call that out. It was a huge douche maneuver.

Antonio, your problems are your network. I worked with you via teamviewer until 4am my time and something at your ISP is blocking network communications. I would appreciate everyone being very clear here so there is not confusion about what is going on.

Jason

Blocking takes place on the whole territory of Russia, and not only this provider, I do not know why. I tried to use other providers - the result is the same. Maybe it makes sense to introduce into the firmware the ability to work via VPN? Use vpn - connect without problems.
jewbsv

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:15:06 PM

efudd PM.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:19:50 PM

efudd PM.

Thank you -- I am holding off on additional testers for the next 48 hours.

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:25:38 PM

Jason

Blocking takes place on the whole territory of Russia, and not only this provider, I do not know why. I tried to use other providers - the result is the same. Maybe it makes sense to introduce into the firmware the ability to work via VPN? Use vpn - connect without problems.

Yeah, sorry. I'll regionalize later if necessary. It's weird that your provider lets you access releases.broked.net but not the other API server.

Jason

chipless

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

Jason

I don't see why there is a problem with releasing it on your thread all batches of the mini are capable of running batch 1 firmware I just resolved a problem with the temp and fans not working correctly any other improvements you can do but for now it is no different then linking the batch firmware as far as I see it but I started a thread for it found here. Sorry if it offended you but in some cases we all need to work together. I realize you have time into your firmware as do I my fix is far from what you are doing and in no way interferes.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5073285.new#new

jewbsv

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

Jason

What resource are we talking about?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:44:28 PM

Jason

I don't see why there is a problem with releasing it on your thread all batches of the mini are capable of running batch 1 firmware I just resolved a problem with the temp and fans not working correctly any other improvements you can do but for now it is no different then linking the batch firmware as far as I see it but I started a thread for it found here. Sorry if it offended you but in some cases we all need to work together. I realize you have time into your firmware as do I my fix is far from what you are doing and in no way interferes.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5073285.new#new

This is my last response to you: You PMed me yesterday asking to test the firmware while simultaneously asking me to take the dev mode out for you. If you cannot see how these two things add up together to be very questionable, then I do not know what to say.

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:04:37 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 06:19:49 PM by efudd

Beta testers -- I've pulled the Z9 mini image as there is an issue which will prevent it from mining properly. I will provide an updated version soon.

Thank you,

Jason

chipless

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:33:42 PM

And I still don't have a problem paying you for a version. I asked you if you were giving beta testers a free license or not so your suspicions are wrong. I only fixed a fan issue on the batch 4 minis which you stated you were not interested is messing with at this time due they were only available in china. I don't get it but whatever.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: