Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:05:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45460 times)
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:11:03 PM

Folk,

New license sales will end on 12/24 along with the completion of the PS4 contest. New features will only go to preexisting paid or dev fee users at that point in time.

Thank you.

Jason

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:40:01 AM

Do you have any clear directions to get all of your files off the miner when downgrading back to the stock firmware. It appears that some files are not changed back to factory and license files are left in the skel folder.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:29:53 AM

Do you have any clear directions to get all of your files off the miner when downgrading back to the stock firmware. It appears that some files are not changed back to factory and license files are left in the skel folder.

hi chip,

Thank you for asking. You'll note that /etc/skel is part of the ramfs and as such, is part of the firmware image itself, and as such, cannot be separate or "left behind" as you suggest since it simply does not work that way. When you flash any image on this system, the entire rom/ramfs is replaced en whole, except for /config.

So, the only thing that is left behind is /config and the associated contents. If you'd like, you can ssh in and run the following and then reboot to get that "factory fresh feeling" you seek. This will result in the mac address being regenerated and you getting that nice shiny new car smell all over again. If you'd prefer your randomized mac address not be reset, then simply remove everything but /config/mac.

"rm -rf /config"

Let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Jason

j.weber

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

Folk,

I am going to resume selling licenses to disable the dev fee. If you are interested, PM me with the number of machines you want a license for of each type. I will respond with additional details on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Jason

Sent you a PM about this, mate. Thank you!
efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 05:46:24 PM

Folk,

I am going to resume selling licenses to disable the dev fee. If you are interested, PM me with the number of machines you want a license for of each type. I will respond with additional details on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Jason

Sent you a PM about this, mate. Thank you!

Thank you-- apologies for the delay. Responded.

Jason

chipless

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:16:35 PM

hi chip,

Thank you for asking. You'll note that /etc/skel is part of the ramfs and as such, is part of the firmware image itself, and as such, cannot be separate or "left behind" as you suggest since it simply does not work that way. When you flash any image on this system, the entire rom/ramfs is replaced en whole, except for /config.

So, the only thing that is left behind is /config and the associated contents. If you'd like, you can ssh in and run the following and then reboot to get that "factory fresh feeling" you seek. This will result in the mac address being regenerated and you getting that nice shiny new car smell all over again. If you'd prefer your randomized mac address not be reset, then simply remove everything but /config/mac.

"rm -rf /config"

Jason

So other then the license file what other hidden files do you have on the machine? I found 2 hidden so far .freqs and .uid. Is there any other I need to know about so I can get all of them off the machine.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:37:14 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2018, 09:53:30 PM by efudd

hi chip,

"rm -rf /config"

Jason

So other then the license file what other hidden files do you have on the machine? I found 2 hidden so far .freqs and .uid. Is there any other I need to know about so I can get all of them off the machine.

Same answer as my previous applies. I've told you exactly where things are already: downgrade to any other firmware and rm -rf /config. All gone! Heck, if you don't rm -rf /config, it's still fine on any previous firmware!

Have a nice day.

Jason

chipless

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:16:11 AM

Jason

2.1c mini firmware on a batch 4 has the fan wide open. Same as factory batch 1 firmware no temp on 2 bards and fan wide open.  If you use the newest from Bitmain as your base for your mods it should run on all batches with the fan and temp working correctly.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

Jason

2.1c mini firmware on a batch 4 has the fan wide open. Same as factory batch 1 firmware no temp on 2 bards and fan wide open.  If you use the newest from Bitmain as your base for your mods it should run on all batches with the fan and temp working correctly.

Thank you for your feedback.

Pizzi_h

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:59:30 PM

just curious have you been working any on the voltage control? Smiley
efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:55:49 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2018, 09:40:48 PM by efudd

Folk,

There was a downtime where authorization could not occur for approximately 1 hr and 12 minutes that has just been corrected. I sincerely apologize. The mistake was purely mine where I let a certificate expire right at midnight eastern time. This has been resolved and won't happen again -- I've put things into place as part of correcting this failure.

For paid users, the chances of hitting this were very slim.

Just so folk know, if there is ever an issue, please email me to e at fudd.net -- I'll respond asap. I'd like to thank one of the users for sending me an email and pointing out the issue  --- from the time I was notified until it was resolved was approximately 42minutes out of the total outage of 72 minutes.

Thank you,

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:50:42 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2018, 12:54:18 AM by efudd

PAID FIRMWARE USERS: Please download and apply your license file again -- same download link as last time. This is a required upgrade to ensure your miners will keep running due to a certificate expiration issue.

This message was written approximately 12/20/18 eastern time at 10pm -- you will need to do this to ensure your miners continue to operate as expected.

DEVFEE Users - I have created an updated license file for the Mini and large units that can be applied to your 2.1(c) firmware. This is updating the "dev fee" license so that it is not expired. This can be installed by going to the "Upgrade" page on your miner and uploading the license -- it will then say "license applied successfully" if performed properly. These files will be automatically included in the next firmware release, but this is the quickest way to get an update out to you.

All users: Please upgrade to 2.1d, which has just been released. This will resolve the early certificate expiration issue which causes a failure to connect in some circumstances.

Thank you,

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:51:11 AM

Folk,

Firmware 2.1d has been released which corrects an issue with firmware certificate expiration. Please upgrade to this release.

If you are a paid user, you will have to reapply your license after upgrading.

Thank you,

Jason

chipless

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

Folk,

Firmware 2.1d has been released which corrects an issue with firmware certificate expiration. Please upgrade to this release.

Thank you,

Jason

Will you be fixing the fan control for the mini batch 4's? I know some who could benefit from your file but has the fan temp issue.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:33:24 PM

Folk,

Thank you,

Jason

Will you be fixing the fan control for the mini batch 4's? I know some who could benefit from your file but has the fan temp issue.

Jason

stevebills

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:14:39 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2018, 03:53:20 AM by stevebills

Folk,

Thank you,

Jason

I tested the firmware on a Z9 mini and didnt really make any diffference?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:43:12 AM

Folk,

Thank you,

Jason

I tested the firmware on a Z9 mini and didnt really make any diffference?

What batch mini?
For batch1, benefits are minimal at best.
For later batches, the ability to tune your system on a per board basis can net you +5% or more.

This firmware was targeted and focused for the Z9s -- it only exists on the mini at the rest of users.

If it does not gain you anything, no harm, no foul and I thank you for trying it out!

Jason

chipless

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:52:53 AM

Folk,

Thank you,

Jason

Jason

Wasn't feedback it was a question.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:50:19 AM

Jason

Wasn't feedback it was a question.

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:05:45 AM

Howdy folk,

Merry Christmas Eve here in GMT-5. A friendly reminder that the PS4/Spiderman bundle giveaway contest AND Z9Mini/Z9 Firmware sells end at 23:59:59 12/24/18 (approximately 18 hours from the time of this post).

Thank you all for your support, and good luck in the contest!

Jason

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: