Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:28:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45460 times)
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:20:57 AM

Z11 with NiceHash support is back: https://releases.broked.net/Z11_2.3nh.tar.gz

-j

badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:02:37 AM

-j

Will it work with the z9?  What if I have a license for the z9 software, I  forget how to update.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:54:40 AM

-j

Will it work with the z9?  What if I have a license for the z9 software, I  forget how to update.

Not at this time.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:33:38 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 05:22:26 AM by efudd

Hello all, maybe  i can get  help here and explain, my Z11 with  Fuddware2.3 running well on luxor maining pool  last 2 weeks  well but now  i saw its random stop sending shares to pool.
this mean i see Z11 do work and connected to internet as  i can access thru webpage and manage all, but on pool its not showing,when restart Z11 ,pool show my Z11 up and running, but after some hours(its random) again lost,where will be a problem??
i have already repair by SD card main board firmware(unlocked) and also reflash 2.3V fuddware firmvare,yesterday  butr this morning  i saw same problem after 11-12hours of running well,
if  i open webpage to see Z11 parameters , all running fine and have no issues..
i hope  i explain enough correct and want  some advise

support id:e847529c-7bb6-11e9-b4aa-f23c917c34c5
this is from firmware for developer to analise

Ok. I will check as soon as I can get back to my main computer.

*EDIT*

As best I can tell, this unit was not detected as being luxor for a small period of time, which may have caused this. For the last 12+ hours, it appears to be detected as on luxor and has dev disabled.

Jason

hello  now  i have last 24 hours  identical problem on Z9mini at luxor pool same symptoms and right now when type  its restarted and i saw its lose  shares again, but on webpage this miner all ooks ok no problems it was disappear for few hours from this time  00.00-07.00 am

id:
31d56722-7bdb-11e9-9dcb-f23c917c34c5

i dont know how to upload pictures here
maybe this help:
...snip...

I will look. It may take up to 1 hour to detect Luxor and disable dev fees, however. That may be what you are seeing but I will look closer this evening.

EDIT: Ok - I see that it is not being detected. I've added some extra logging and made one change -- I will watch your system over the next couple of hours with this new logging and figure out and fix the issue.

I apologize and will get this resolved ASAP.

EDIT2: I think this is resolved. Hope -- it a bug that came up while trying to correct for some other user errors. Please let me know.

-j

Minerbunker

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:28:44 AM

-j

Sorry new to this forum, that file is the complete firmware update?
How do i install it?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:29:32 AM

-j

Sorry new to this forum, that file is the complete firmware update?
How do i install it?

It Is. Instructions linked from the very top of the post at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036968.msg51040171#msg51040171

You'll have to use the SD card installation method once to 'unlock' the signature locking, then you can install the firmware.

Those instructions are at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036968.msg50664518#msg50664518

Thank you,

Jason

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:39:34 AM

2.3.1nh has been released for NiceHash users. This corrects an issue that prevented voltage controls from working properly in 2.3nh in some circumstances.

https://releases.broked.net/Z11_2.3.1nh.tar.gz

Thank you,

Jason

Shadow82

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:53:34 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 11:48:09 AM by Shadow82

2.3.1nh has been released for NiceHash users. This corrects an issue that prevented voltage controls from working properly in 2.3nh in some circumstances.

Thank you,

Jason

fan control not working
2.3.1nh for Z11

Could you check the latest built again, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a problem. Fan control does not work. It works in automatic mode only. It cannot be set manually.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:52:13 PM

Thank you,

Jason

fan control not working
2.3.1nh for Z11

Could you check the latest built again, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a problem. Fan control does not work. It works in automatic mode only. It cannot be set manually.

I understand. I will look into this. It is specific to the nicehash version and is the result of an unexpected change from bitmain. They have removed fan control from the user in their latest releases. I will see if o can add that back in.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:39:40 PM

Is both the z9 and z11 still broke on nicehash? Or just one of them?

Z9 is broken, Z11 works with the nicehash specific version. That said, the nicehash specific version loses fan control (automatic only). I am working to add that back now.

-j

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:58:52 PM

Thank you,

Jason

fan control not working
2.3.1nh for Z11

I understand. I will look into this. It is specific to the nicehash version and is the result of an unexpected change from bitmain. They have removed fan control from the user in their latest releases. I will see if o can add that back in.

-j

I found it is not reading the fan eft it always reads 0 in the log. I manually set it in the cgminer but so far it seems to run always in auto mode so i must not have gotten it right.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 07:18:38 PM

dev.fan_eft, aka, opt_bitmain_fan_ctrl, is controlled via command line or via config file, in history.

That invariant breaks beginning with buttmange's latest change to remove capability from the user.

So yes, you are correct regarding eft. However, it's the combination of eft and "pwm" that defines the fan speed. I use pwm in quotes there because it is a pseudo-thing in the implementation and gets converted into some shifted bytes that are written to the hardware.

Even if you were to get through that, you'll run into the threads that are managing the fan which will override what you are attempting.... and it may happen so fast you never see it.

I suspect they've removed some plumbing in the config file handling, but I haven't got to that point in my analysis yet.

-j

bakermining76

Activity: 31
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:32:13 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 06:35:44 PM by bakermining76

Since the dev pool stay in place even when not being used, if the primary pools are not reachable or otherwise have some connectivity issue, cgminer will automatically fail over to another pool. There is a chance in that scenario that it could make it to the dev pool.

However, when the primary pool recovers, cgminer should automatically switch back within 5 minutes of identifying the pool as responsive again (it has a 5 minute holdback timer to make sure things stabilize).

This scenario could be what you have seen. There should be clear indication in the logs if this were the case.

Regardless, please do let me know if you isolate things any more. I am definitely interested in ensuring everything acts as expected.

Thank you,

Jason

I've run into this issue again, where my Z9 Mini is disconnecting from the pool (presumably to dev fee mine), then won't connect again for several hours or until I restart it. I thought it was just an issue with Prohashing's pool since I wasn't entirely sure I'd seen it at other pools. But recently when I've mined on Slushpool, I'm getting the same issue. Again, I have two Z9 Minis - one works fine at 750Mhz without your firmware, so I only use your firmware on the other, which has to run one hashboard at lower clocks. I switched both over to Slushpool at the same time and the one without your firmware has been connected the whole time, while the one running your firmware has disconnected and submitted no shares to my pool for 2+ hours at least 3 times in the last week - in fact, one of the times was over 6 hours before I realized.

Screenshot of my miner status page showing an example of the latest issue:
https://imgur.com/a/rOXBkde

And my support id:

Can you look into this?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:53:39 AM

Since the dev pool stay in place even when not being used, if the primary pools are not reachable or otherwise have some connectivity issue, cgminer will automatically fail over to another pool. There is a chance in that scenario that it could make it to the dev pool.

However, when the primary pool recovers, cgminer should automatically switch back within 5 minutes of identifying the pool as responsive again (it has a 5 minute holdback timer to make sure things stabilize).

This scenario could be what you have seen. There should be clear indication in the logs if this were the case.

Regardless, please do let me know if you isolate things any more. I am definitely interested in ensuring everything acts as expected.

Thank you,

Jason

I've run into this issue again, where my Z9 Mini is disconnecting from the pool (presumably to dev fee mine), then won't connect again for several hours or until I restart it. I thought it was just an issue with Prohashing's pool since I wasn't entirely sure I'd seen it at other pools. But recently when I've mined on Slushpool, I'm getting the same issue. Again, I have two Z9 Minis - one works fine at 750Mhz without your firmware, so I only use your firmware on the other, which has to run one hashboard at lower clocks. I switched both over to Slushpool at the same time and the one without your firmware has been connected the whole time, while the one running your firmware has disconnected and submitted no shares to my pool for 2+ hours at least 3 times in the last week - in fact, one of the times was over 6 hours before I realized.

Screenshot of my miner status page showing an example of the latest issue:
https://imgur.com/a/rOXBkde

And my support id:
fe3db4--SNIP--21ea4d

Can you look into this?

Yeah, that is weird. By chance do you have the logfile from this same time? Specifically the lines that say "Switching pool"?

The logs on these rotate quickly... what I'm gonna do for now is flag your system as no-dev-fee though because the last thing I want is for you to be having issues with something you need to run (board that must be run lower clock).

That is active as of 6/19/2019 @ 06:49:27 UTC.

This is not the first time I've seen what you are describing and I have not been able to come up with a reproducible test case. I believe there is a "race condition" (timing issues) that is causing this, but I would have to see a log of the "Switching pool" lines to confirm.

Alternatively, some pool issues can cause it, but I've discounted those since you have a 2nd machine running as an effective control here.

I am sincerely sorry for the challenges you've run into; it is not the experience I want for any user.

(I now have your support ID saved, you can edit it out of your original post now if you'd like -- it is unique to your machine).

Thank you,

Jason

Shadow82

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:24:52 AM

dev.fan_eft, aka, opt_bitmain_fan_ctrl, is controlled via command line or via config file, in history.

That invariant breaks beginning with buttmange's latest change to remove capability from the user.

So yes, you are correct regarding eft. However, it's the combination of eft and "pwm" that defines the fan speed. I use pwm in quotes there because it is a pseudo-thing in the implementation and gets converted into some shifted bytes that are written to the hardware.

Even if you were to get through that, you'll run into the threads that are managing the fan which will override what you are attempting.... and it may happen so fast you never see it.

I suspect they've removed some plumbing in the config file handling, but I haven't got to that point in my analysis yet.

-j

Thank you Jason for the detailed information. Let's hope the solution will be founded. Fan control is a very important part for me and not only for me) While using version 2.3 there is no problem with this.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:01:54 PM

I am getting alot of HW errors on some of my asics on my Z11. I am wondering if this is an issue, and what to do to fix it.
Here is a screenshot of my Antminer Screen

It is running 900mv and 774 frequency

This is normal for Z11. Adding voltage a little bit at a time to each board, you should see the Hw errors decrease some. One thing of interest is that bitmain is no longer showing these in their nonpublic releases. It isn’t clear if that is because they have fixed something or if they are just not showing them anymore (stays low or 0).

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:06:33 PM

Yeah, it should help. But these “hw errors” are things you can safely ignore anyway.

-j

bakermining76

Activity: 31
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:57:38 PM

Yeah, that is weird. By chance do you have the logfile from this same time? Specifically the lines that say "Switching pool"?

The logs on these rotate quickly... what I'm gonna do for now is flag your system as no-dev-fee though because the last thing I want is for you to be having issues with something you need to run (board that must be run lower clock).

That is active as of 6/19/2019 @ 06:49:27 UTC.

This is not the first time I've seen what you are describing and I have not been able to come up with a reproducible test case. I believe there is a "race condition" (timing issues) that is causing this, but I would have to see a log of the "Switching pool" lines to confirm.

Alternatively, some pool issues can cause it, but I've discounted those since you have a 2nd machine running as an effective control here.

I am sincerely sorry for the challenges you've run into; it is not the experience I want for any user.

(I now have your support ID saved, you can edit it out of your original post now if you'd like -- it is unique to your machine).

Thank you,

Jason

I have the logfile for the last couple days. Here's a screenshot of where the most recent issue happened (Jun 19 03:08:13 to 03:19:20):
https://imgur.com/a/fkGx3hh

I can send you the rest of the logfile if you need...what's the best way to get it to you?
SilverDesert

Activity: 50
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:37:35 PM

Is there a way to replace the stock fan in the Z9 Mini with a Noctua or any silent fan?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:41:35 PM

That has been done, but those fans do not produce the required static pressure to move air through the units. Unfortunately the bitmain fan is actually quite good in that regard.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: