Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:11:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45460 times)
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:27:19 AM

Never claim it to be mine I only take credit for disabling the dev fee. As far as the electric project in a short time you will and others will see how you can reduce the power cost not for free like you keep saying. I never claimed free power only a way to reduce it. Portable systems will be available on Amazon and Ebay by late summer. Some of the parts are in production status for the system I designed. So for now believe in what you want. It works and will save money I have customers using systems like this for other things and have been using them for a few yrs now. Some units produce power for free if you have a lake or free water supply.

Quoted for posterity. I wouldn't want you editing this gem of a post you've made.

-j

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:01:50 AM

Never claim it to be mine I only take credit for disabling the dev fee. As far as the electric project in a short time you will and others will see how you can reduce the power cost not for free like you keep saying. I never claimed free power only a way to reduce it. Portable systems will be available on Amazon and Ebay by late summer. Some of the parts are in production status for the system I designed. So for now believe in what you want. It works and will save money I have customers using systems like this for other things and have been using them for a few yrs now. Some units produce power for free if you have a lake or free water supply.

Quoted for posterity. I wouldn't want you editing this gem of a post you've made.

-j

LOL.... Don't worry I don't need to edit it. I am still curious though.... Why was she assaulted? Anger management can help some with anger issues which some like you seem to have. You may be able to comment on my posts and try to make people think I am stupid which is ok, I am not in it for the money in fact I haven't received 1 penny of a donation, you aren't no saint. I would rather look like a stupid fool then be known as a woman beater. But hey what do I know.....

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:05:46 AM

Go fish.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:21:35 AM

Go fish.

-j

I been fishing and caught all I need to know.

Worked at Glasshouse Technologies
Worked at BNS
Chairman at Ledbetter, Jason (Pension, Health, And Welfare Funds)
Worked at Broked Network Services (Services Nec)
Technical Director at NetApp (Information Technology And Services)

Email Address Is Disposable Valid Since
jason.ledbetter@netapp.com No Dec. 25, 2010
jason@broked.net No
jasonbrent@gmail.com No Jan. 1, 2008
jasonbrent@aol.com No
jasonl@glasshouse.com No Sep. 13, 2012
jledbetter@actware.com No Jan. 1, 2008
jason@broked.net No Jan. 1, 2008
blah4242blah@aol.com No Nov. 26, 2008
blah4242blah@bigfoot.com No Aug. 23, 2008
linkedin@broked.net No Oct. 19, 2012

I would say it was a good fishing day...… At least you have taste in vehicles and choose GM products except the BMW you have or had.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:27:13 AM

Tsk Tsk.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 04:38:56 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 09:09:34 AM by chipless

You said go fish awhile back and I took your advice.

You might as well sell the heck out of your z9 series stuff the z11 has voltage and autotuned

Apr  3 03:19:25 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: set vol 870, get vol 0, set again!
Apr  3 03:19:25 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: --- write_dc_dc failed! read_back_data[0] = 0xff, read_back_data[1] = 0xff, read_back_data[2] = 0xff, read_back_data[3] = 0xff
Apr  3 03:19:26 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: --- write_dc_dc failed! read_back_data[0] = 0xff, read_back_data[1] = 0xff, read_back_data[2] = 0xff, read_back_data[3] = 0xff
Apr  3 03:19:26 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: --- read_dc_dc failed! read_back_data[0] = 0xff, read_back_data[1] = 0xff, read_back_data[2] = 0xff, read_back_data[3] = 0xff
Apr  3 03:19:26 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: set vol 870, get vol 0, set again!

Apr  3 03:22:14 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: chain3 pic version 81
Apr  3 03:22:14 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: chain0 pic not support flash data storage, adopt file mode
Apr  3 03:22:14 (none) local0.notice cgminer[1292]: 2 Goto scan mode and find the best frequency

This was a test on a batch 1 mini of the cgminer from a Z11

I will add this from the another thread in case anyone wants to request a refund if they bought a license or mined dev mode for efudd with the expectation of further improvements to the firmware such as voltage control and better fan control. In my opinion he has been either holding back or leading people on in an attempt to boost his own pocket. I bet he is still charging the 3% dev fee too which he said 2 months ago he was reducing. Funny how the monthly giveaways also stopped as soon as the frequency mod was released. LOL....Tried buying customers off to use his firmware then hides things like the control over the machine he has until confronted about it. All of that together and efudd wonders why I was so skeptical about his releases.

Posted by efudd on a Z11 thread....
"I sold frequency. anyone who bought based on the expectation of voltage can have a refund if they contact me.

-j"

I hope you hold to your word about a refund because numerous times you have stated a voltage mod was coming which in return people bought a license or supported your dev mode with the expectation of further development mainly the voltage control. As 1 person said you spent more time on the license part then you have on the actual overclock code.

This is in your 1st post also......
"In the near future I will be adding support for  fan/temperature control curves, voltage management(TBD), automatic overclocking capabilities through heuristics to evaluate your individual board performance, and much more. I have a pipeline full of ideas that can be applied to the Z series and other miners alike."

Looks like the near future still isn't here...….That was what last year when you updated the post.

upchi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:02:25 PM

#xnsub support in firmware?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:02:44 PM

#xnsub support in firmware?

Yes, however the implementation is not correct. As such I do not have a fix for nicehash at this point.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:14:07 AM

*yawn* -- fan control has effectively been resolved now. I've got a stand alone test driver that can control the fans with and without cgminer running... I'll integrate it into the firmware as I can make the time over the next few days.

initially I'll just disable the annoying start up maximum, and after that add in some temp/fan curve control.

Z11 will be standalone from the Z9 and Z9mini in terms of firmware for a few reasons... but will be available near the hardware release. There are a number of tricksy limits put into place that I can bypass now...  I don't know if the hardware has more in it, but if it does, you'll be able to maximize your system with the release.

more later.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:31:24 AM

LOL....That's your next update...to disable the fan at startup. I see you have put your priority on the fan and not voltage. What a slap in the face to your customers who have been waiting for a voltage fix or other performance improvements. They might as well use the dev free version I posted of yours or unlocked factory files, at least they aren't paying 3% for the fan to not spin at bootup.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:39:22 AM

LOL....That's your next update...to disable the fan at startup. I see you have put your priority on the fan and not voltage. What a slap in the face to your customers who have been waiting for a voltage fix or other performance improvements. They might as well use the dev free version I posted of yours or unlocked factory files, at least they aren't paying 3% for the fan to not spin at bootup.

... and now I have the 3 serial buses and commands mapped out, and can talk to each without using cgminer.

Which means I can fully initialize a board and the ASICs, without using cgminer.

See, one must crawl before they walk.

Throw more poo, dude.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:34:02 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 04:56:55 PM by chipless

You need to fix the status reporting/logging in your lcgm file, you have it reporting/showing the difficulty as the accepted shares when it is ran.

I will add it ain't no poo it is facts.

I see you filed another claim with google knowing you have no valid claim to this version. It will be back up.

Its back here is the new link to the efudd dev free version....

https://app.nihaocloud.com/f/479168b650f747f0adc5/?dl=1

Stop paying 3% for a quiet fan at boot ….. LOL epudds next update a fan function that doesn't do anything but give you a quiet reboot

I see you are also trying to brag up cracking the i2c bus.....LOL... There is nothing to crack only data to monitor and manipulate which can be done at the ribbon connector and thru cgminer. Same goes with the pic, dump the code analyze it then place it back as a update file and cgminer will rewrite your new code. Get a i2c logger/programmer and pic logger/programmer or build one. Can definitely tell your self taught and your experience is limited to specific types of hardware and you don't have the ability to build custom hardware for reverse engineering. I use a custom dev board that can monitor and control any chip including the fpga.

chipless

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:32:53 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 08:14:46 PM by chipless

Jason I see you can talk crap on discord but have no clue about me. First off I ask questions because I am fishing about shell commands etc...Second you if your going to post quotes why don't you post what the whole conversation is about rather then just a snippet. Third I told you months ago to look at and log the pic and i2c data or dump it. And finally if I was ascammer I would be trying to sell but I am not and just giving away. Reverse engineering thru hardware and software with a scope isn't going to get you the data you need. As I said I have built custom hardware just for this purpose when I wrote software and hardware designs for the Magic Group during the dtv satellite days and before that I did hardware and software mods to c-band satellite systems and so on.... This is my custom hardware...with it I can log, modify, dump or do just about anything to any chip out there.  Fully configurable for almost any chip out there. The main unit is a ATMEL ICE 200 emulator, my logging and other software was written in vb for windows as needed. Also if the lock bits are set for the pic you wont dump it unless you can unlock it, you can figure that one out on your own, but more then likely you will never dump the full chip using the controller or cgminer. You will also need the full tsop dump of the tsop on the controller there are sections you cant see in the boot sectors that also contain some data.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:20:22 PM

These days folk might use something like a TL866II+ for most micro controller variants to meet those same use cases. That is a a creative use of screw terminals for rewiring as needed, though.

Data sheets for programmable components provide the information necessary to build an interface to communicate with a given component.

By the way, cloth electrical tape will likely hold up better long term than electrical tape for the use case in your images.

I encourage you to take your knowledge and do something positive with it.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:38:04 PM

These days folk might use something like a TL866II+ for most micro controller variants to meet those same use cases. That is a a creative use of screw terminals for rewiring as needed, though.

Data sheets for programmable components provide the information necessary to build an interface to communicate with a given component.

By the way, cloth electrical tape will likely hold up better long term than electrical tape for the use case in your images.

-j

I like this one because the software to compile the code it just like visual basic or visual studio. Very simple to write. I have made my money on electronics I have been writing different code since I was 10yrs old. My father was an engineer for cray research so I had a great teacher. I stopped playing with the stuff about 8 yrs ago because I got burnt out after 40+yrs of it. So it is not that I don't know what I am doing it is things have changed some and it takes a bit to get back into the groove of the newer technology. I may continue or I may stop next week it all depends on if I need it or not whether I mess with it. Even if it is a static voltage increase globally. I have static raised the voltage to 950mw on 1 fullsize and it increased that hash rate by about 1k/sol. It has been running about 1 week but the temps rose more then I want them to with the little increase in voltage. This week I am going to look it over some more.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:51:05 PM

-j

I like this one because the software to compile the code it just like visual basic or visual studio. Very simple to write. I have made my money on electronics I have been writing different code since I was 10yrs old. My father was an engineer for cray research so I had a great teacher. I stopped playing with the stuff about 8 yrs ago because I got burnt out after 40+yrs of it. So it is not that I don't know what I am doing it is things have changed some and it takes a bit to get back into the groove of the newer technology. I may continue or I may stop next week it all depends on if I need it or not whether I mess with it. Even if it is a static voltage increase globally. I have static raised the voltage to 950mw on 1 fullsize and it increased that hash rate by about 1k/sol. It has been running about 1 week but the temps rose more then I want them to with the little increase in voltage. This week I am going to look it over some more.

If by "static raised the voltage to 950mw" you mean that you added voltage from an external device on the ASIC side of the VRM, I would not expect that to do anything other than add heat, as you apparently observed. You will also have to at least modify the IO drive; I'm sure from your experience working with microcontrollers you are aware of IO drive.

Did you mean 950mV instead of 950mW?

chipless

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:41:12 PM

mv yes sorry.... Yes, as you said the static was added to the vrm…. it did increase k/sol some but gave more heat then wanted. I am looking at maybe building a separate vrm and bypass the current one or if it is possible to just swap some resistors and caps to change the output value. I have to first look more into the specs on the current vrm and trace how it is connected. I have so many spare electronics around here for parts that it shouldn't be a problem making a test board for the vrm.

I do know about the IOdrive and haven't looked into it to see what is going on.

As I said I only play with this stuff anymore and don't know how far I want to go with it, there are many other things I have going on that take up the extra time. My advice would be to put all your time into the voltage and leave the fan alone for now, the fan problem has a fix with a fan emulator but the voltage is the holdback of these machines, a voltage fix is going buy some extra time to make a profit but still as the difficulty rises even that wont help the miners profits. SO you could say the clock is running out.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:08:19 PM

mv yes sorry.... Yes, as you said the static was added to the vrm…. it did increase k/sol some but gave more heat then wanted. I am looking at maybe building a separate vrm and bypass the current one or if it is possible to just swap some resistors and caps to change the output value. I have to first look more into the specs on the current vrm and trace how it is connected. I have so many spare electronics around here for parts that it shouldn't be a problem making a test board for the vrm.

As I said I only play with this stuff anymore and don't know how far I want to go with it, there are many other things I have going on that take up the extra time. My advice would be to put all your time into the voltage and leave the fan alone for now, the fan problem has a fix with a fan emulator but the voltage is the holdback of these machines, a voltage fix is going buy some extra time to make a profit but still as the difficulty rises even that wont help the miners profits. SO you could say the clock is running out.

The VRM is controlled via a PWM signal off of the ISL68127 -- it'd need to respond to that.. and unfortunately it's also hidden behind the one chip type on the board that is etched off. It's been etched off on all of their recent miners.

-j

chipless

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:14:36 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 02:14:26 AM by chipless

The VRM is controlled via a PWM signal off of the ISL68127 -- it'd need to respond to that.. and unfortunately it's also hidden behind the one chip type on the board that is etched off. It's been etched off on all of their recent miners.

-j

If you have a good magnifier you can try to rub an eraser on the chip then try to read it or you can take a wet finger and rub across the chip. Sometime either method can bring out the chip markings. They can only scratch so deep on the chip and usually the etching of the chip can be barely read doing the above method. On chip where a drop of epoxy was put on top, use some heat and it will soften the epoxy and you can carefully get it off to a point where you can read the chip markings I will also add you can log just about any data with a terminal program and a serial port on a pc. Some stuff is inverted if not ran thru a max232 and some may not be. I built a logging board with a max232. The i2c can also be read and programmed via the same serial port without a max232. The pic is not as easy, I have a emp11 I use for all other micro's and eeproms

From what I have found so far the fan PWM is pulling to ground to slow the fan, so if that is the case the pwm for the voltage should have to be pulled down or raised up depending on the vrm's specs. If that is the case then somewhere on the hashboard there should be a resistor or 2 that could be changed allowing a different range of the modified pwm or the voltage pwm could be swapped with the fan pwm allowing changes to the pwm signal via the fan control if that is what the pwm line is doing to the voltage.

We know all we need is rpm signal for fan to detect correctly and that can be provided by a fan emulator leaving the pwm line unused and available for other things. You can also build a pulse generator if you have a radioshack near they have the parts and it is easy to build. The fan emulator with a variable resistor is basically the same thing

efudd (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:43:07 AM

The simpler thing is to simply not check for the fans if that is the needed.

Data logging is not a problem I have.
The chip is question has not been identified as best I am aware by any method ... go run your finger over the white part of that chip... it's actually been cut into to remove the top layers and hide the markings.

... my office/lab is better equipped than any radio shack ever was. Smiley

Voltage path: FPGA->(via i2c) PIC->(via separate i2c/i2s) ISL->VRM->hashboard
Fan Path: FPGA->fans (FPGA generates the pulse, "pulling to ground" does not make sense in this context).
Communications to the hashboard are a combination of things: FPGA->PIC->(Magic i2c interface over rs232 end-point terminated in fpga memory [kind of like a poor man's rDMA])->hashboard

Certain components downstream of the PIC are mapped to FPGA space through the use of the PIC as an interface. The PIC firmware on the z9/mini does not implement a couple of calls that are implemented (I think) on the Z11 PIC firmware. Voltage controls are included in this statement.

There is also another communication path I have not yet isolated directly related to how Z9/Z9mini ISL is communicated with. In bitmain's cgminer implementation, the payload is set up to communicate on an i2c bus (i.e., the bytes are what would be necessary to send out SDA), but since i2c is open-collector and the backend i2c is always low... it is not in use.

A useful endeavor would do know if the read protect bit is set on the PIC and then the FPGA, in that order.

... yeah, my self teaching covers a lot.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: