Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:22:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45450 times)
Shadow82

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:33:37 AM

Good day Jason, is there any new information about broken manual fan control in the latest firmware for the z11?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 01:31:19 PM

Good day Jason, is there any new information about broken manual fan control in the latest firmware for the z11?

@Shadow82 - no. I know what needs to be done, I just need to write the code (easy enough). The problem is testing. To properly test this particular bit, I need to be able to (ideally) _hear_ the fans. A webcam+remote setup might would work, if the unit was isolated. That said, my plan of action is to make some similar changes on Z9, which I can test locally, then migrate to the Z11.. which should then "just work".

The fan controls for the user *and* for the underlying code have changed between Z9 and Z11, which compounds things a tad.

No ETA, I just have the inhibitors above standing in the way currently.

-j

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 11:49:22 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2019, 12:00:56 AM by chipless

For those having issues with epudd-ware there are alternatives....

I offer free and paid versions of the Z11, Z9, Z9mini, S17, X1, and X3 firmware.No dev fee or license or middle of the night pool changes.

I have brought up the issue of efudds control over the miners with his fw many times and people still use it. I believe he is doing it on purpose because for a man who say he is an expert on the topics his firmware sure does have bugs where it mines for him more then he claims it should.

Info can be found here.....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5132758

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:06:17 AM

I offer free and paid versions of the Z11, Z9, Z9mini, S17, X1, and X3 firmware.No dev fee or license or middle of the night pool changes.

I have brought up the issue of efudds control over the miners with his fw many times and people still use it. I believe he is doing it on purpose because for a man who say he is an expert on the topics his firmware sure does have bugs where it mines for him more then he claims it should.

*yawn*

Shall I post the PMs from others who have used your firmware dude and the feedback they've provided, unsolicited?

The ones you've bricked?
The ones that simply *do not work*?
The ones that will not connect to *ANY* stratum server?
The ones that cannot login after flashing your firmware?

I don't have to make these allegations up as you seem wont to do, so tread lightly there kiddo.

There's a reason you state "NO REFUNDS" and "DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE" in your post.... it is a both an indication of the lack of confidence in your own product *AND* your assumption on predisposition of people. See kiddo, the few who have had issues over the last 9 months with my stuff, they get refunds or other solutions when I make a mistake. Why? I have confidence in what I produce.

And no, there is not anything happening on purpose. I happen to have thousands of users and multiple farms, some with custom configurations, and sometimes I just make mistakes and sometimes other issues happen on this ol' internet of ours.

Occam's Razor applies to me, as well.

-j

chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:37:45 AM

*yawn*

Shall I post the PMs from others who have used your firmware dude and the feedback they've provided, unsolicited?

The ones you've bricked?
The ones that simply *do not work*?
The ones that will not connect to *ANY* stratum server?
The ones that cannot login after flashing your firmware?

I don't have to make these allegations up as you seem wont to do, so tread lightly there kiddo.

There's a reason you state "NO REFUNDS" and "DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE" in your post.... it is a both an indication of the lack of confidence in your own product *AND* your assumption on predisposition of people. See kiddo, the few who have had issues over the last 9 months with my stuff, they get refunds or other solutions when I make a mistake. Why? I have confidence in what I produce.

And no, there is not anything happening on purpose. I happen to have thousands of users and multiple farms, some with custom configurations, and sometimes I just make mistakes and sometimes other issues happen on this ol' internet of ours.

Occam's Razor applies to me, as well.

-j

I will admit there was some problems with the z9 stuff and if the person don't contact me back to help resolve the issue then there is nothing I can do.

I don't offer a refund because my distributions can be used without me tracking it. Therefore what is to say they don't say "it don't work" then want a refund.

After trouble shooting if there is a need I do give a refund. In fact there was a issue last week where I offered a refund and was told no and the user wanted me to work with it more to get it going. So it is not I wont offer a refund if needed it is I have to pick and choose when to offer the refund. You on the other hand can track the sales better and would know if the person is lying.

I am confident in my product and use it for a time before I release it. The last thing I want to do is cost a person a loss in revenue from their miners. In fact I just gave away 2 private versions this week to guys who couldnt get the free versions working right. Usually if I release something I do have a SD recovery for it in case or an emergency but the person has to contact me in order to troubleshoot or I dont know what is broken.

I received your pm and I will do the same, we are all here to help others not to fight with each other

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
smoothyvo

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 11:31:28 AM

For two nights in a row did my Z9 mine ZEC for Roskomnadzor? Or did Roskomnadzor block my miner and make him work on your wallet? Uncle is you. And yes, I am from Russia. I have nothing more to do here. Farewell.

For someone who doesn’t want help, you sure are insistent.

Again, cannot guess without any data. This is nothing but conjecture.

-j

What he described happen to my Z11 last night, running 2.3.1nh. It was running for approximately 24hrs, then stopped. I see it switching pools back and forth in the log, but even still, I can't tell if its even mining. I actually noticed it when I went to bed but thought it was just a dev fee moment. But when I woke up, it was the same. I just rebooted and now its working. What info do you need to troubleshoot this?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 11:38:46 AM

For two nights in a row did my Z9 mine ZEC for Roskomnadzor? Or did Roskomnadzor block my miner and make him work on your wallet? Uncle is you. And yes, I am from Russia. I have nothing more to do here. Farewell.

-j

What he described happen to my Z11 last night, running 2.3.1nh. It was running for approximately 24hrs, then stopped. I see it switching pools back and forth in the log, but even still, I can't tell if its even mining. I actually noticed it when I went to bed but thought it was just a dev fee moment. But when I woke up, it was the same. I just rebooted and now its working. What info do you need to troubleshoot this?

Just the supportId from status page.

It is private to you, so send it in a PM please.

The logfile would have been useful also, but it is lost when rebooted.

-j

smoothyvo

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:26:41 PM

-j

Just the supportId from status page.

It is private to you, so send it in a PM please.

The logfile would have been useful also, but it is lost when rebooted.

-j
I sent the support ID to you. If it happens again I'll get the log file.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:46:52 PM

I sent the support ID to you. If it happens again I'll get the log file.

Thank you -- got it. I sent an initial analysis with timings to you, along with an action plan.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 01:23:58 AM

Nonce fifo full is an indication your miner could not talk to the stratum server to submit work. Likely network or pool.

-j

chertoyanov

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 07:38:15 AM

Nonce fifo full is an indication your miner could not talk to the stratum server to submit work. Likely network or pool.

-j

I think the same, and tried two independent internet providers. And, may be, 4 or 5 different pools. The result i sa described in vjkomix's post.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 11:28:20 AM

You two crazy Russians.. you silly folk. You didn’t want any help!

This is simple. Use. Another. Firmware.

-j

chertoyanov

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:05:32 PM

You two crazy Russians.. you silly folk. You didn’t want any help!

This is simple. Use. Another. Firmware.

-j

I am Bulgarian. Did you know where is Bulgaria?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:09:25 PM

If you two are having problems with Luxor, I recommend reaching out to Luxor. Try another Luxor location, like zec-us. Luxor has a discord also. If you are on the equihash discord, NickH represents Luxor and can help.

I do not represent Luxor.

Also, “crazy Russians” is a saying used, like “silly kids”, not an insult.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:27:04 PM

Hey, according to what I am told, one of you at least hasn't connected to luxor since 6/18 -- 10 days ago.

Go figure.

-j

chertoyanov

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:50:37 AM

Hey, according to what I am told, one of you at least hasn't connected to luxor since 6/18 -- 10 days ago.

Go figure.

-j

I used Luxor and Flypool. The result in both cases was identical. So the problem is not just with Luxor. For a few days, my devices have another firmware with no problems. And you do not need to be so rude. I respect your work and I think you've done great. But your attitude towards others makes a bad impression.
  If you can make the Z9 work well with Nicehash, I'll buy a license for your Firmware.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 12:12:09 PM

Go figure.

-j

I used Luxor and Flypool. The result in both cases was identical. So the problem is not just with Luxor. For a few days, my devices have another firmware with no problems. And you do not need to be so rude. I respect your work and I think you've done great. But your attitude towards others makes a bad impression.
  If you can make the Z9 work well with Nicehash, I'll buy a license for your Firmware.

I have low tolerance for BS and deal in facts. It is impossible to help or have anything other than conjecture without logs and/or a supportID. That is in place specifically to be able to help users at an individual device level. Coming in with a picture showing a line low which happens to have timestamps that very closely correlate to the same time period that global routing on the Internet was screwed up a couple of days ago (Verizon and others made mistakes screwing BGP routes globally) is of little use.

It can both be valid and be invalid at the same time. However I happen to know global routing was screwed up at that time. I happen to know other machines (very many) were not having issues at that time.

I will be more than happy to help, but a picture of a graph does not provide useful information by itself.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:03:55 PM

Has bitmain done anything to fix Nicehash mining?

ask them? Smiley

Z11 2.3.1nh works for Z11.

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:58:44 PM

Does it have fan control now? 2.3.1nh

Nope. Automatic only.

theduckling

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:30:48 PM

Hi,

I have only been running this firmware for 2 days so forgive me. I have 6 Z9's that I purchased used 2 of which accepted the firmware without the need for the SD card so I was testing them out before implementing on other machines. I continuously see both of these miners hash rates drop to 0 poolside (luxor) while in the local bitmain/antminer menu I see that I have my normal expected hash rates.

It doesn't make sense for this to be a pool side problem because my other 4 Z9's are not experiencing this issue and these miners weren't doing this prior to me switching the firmware.

Edit: Sorry I got sucked into trying to think about what it could be and never asked my question, that is, what seems to be the problem?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: