Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Voting closed: October 25, 2018, 03:09:02 PM)
Pump & dump scheme gone awry - 5 (33.3%)
Peer/ friend pressure. - 0 (0%)
Did not read/understand whitepaper - 0 (0%)
Misled by Forums/groups that you followed. - 2 (13.3%)
Bet on the wrong team. - 3 (20%)
Had too much money and did not know what to do! - 0 (0%)
Other - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you end up with shit coins?  (Read 21172 times)
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:15:21 AM

To be fair, many of investors and bounty hunters do not go through whitepaper thoroughly before investing or working for a project. As a result, they are knowingly or unknowingly supporting shit coins. Such bad trend will sometime lead to a great loss. Sometime advertisement and peer-to-peer pressure work out. People are attracted to a shit coin with pressure from friends. So it is necessary for all to read whitepaper beforehand.   

Horas1976

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:38:35 AM

Dirt coins are only for residents who remain in the wallet, this makes us sad but it can't be helped, coins are useless and there is no development. So when you have a low coin if it's still selling well, just throw it away.

Λ  M  M  U  T   |   A LOW-COST HARDWARE PLATFORM
▬▬▬  ● ●   AMMUT.NETWORK   ~
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:34:17 PM

Personally I try to sell all shit coins at the shit exchanges like Forkdelta and other, and try to receive even 3-4$ to fill my wallet with the money on commission.
Yes, forkdelta was created for this. lol
If there is place to sell it, it will be your best idea. Because its worthlessness and continuity will not give you anything.

Well most shitcoins i have in my wallet are from airdrops from a year or two ago and unfortunately they aren't even in forkdelta lol. Someof them are even bounties that i worked for, imagine that. Though i've accepted that they're just going to be garbage there and i've moved on. I'm not even sure if some of them did have value.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
MadaraAvenger

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:49:22 PM

This happens when you start listening to random people talking about crypto investments and how they heard from who knows who that this token will be the next big deal... . Always make your own decisions and always make sure you have enough info about the projects before starting to invest or you will end up with a lot of dead tokens/coins....

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 04:06:03 PM

I also don't like coins that are made just to get some funds and after abandon it, i mean devs are just create a coin, ussually a clone of another coin, and after put it for sell and people who buy it lose investements.
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:17:56 PM

I am working on an article about how smart people ended up buying shitcoins – I need some info on why you bought shitcoins (if any). If you choose "other" then can you care to comment on what that other means? Would appreciate if you helped me get an insight!
Thanks in advance.

You understand that in the opinion of a large number of people, all coins except Bitcoin are the same shitcoins that you are talking about. So mark what they are and what they are not.
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:48:01 PM

Personally I try to sell all shit coins at the shit exchanges like Forkdelta and other, and try to receive even 3-4$ to fill my wallet with the money on commission.
If there is place to sell it, it will be your best idea. Because its worthlessness and continuity will not give you anything.

Well most shitcoins i have in my wallet are from airdrops from a year or two ago and unfortunately they aren't even in forkdelta lol. Someof them are even bounties that i worked for, imagine that. Though i've accepted that they're just going to be garbage there and i've moved on. I'm not even sure if some of them did have value.

Oh, you are my "friend in misfortune." My most unfortunate coins are rewards for participating in airdrops. Some of them are worth nothing, and some are worth a penny, and in order to sell them, I need to pay more for a transaction than their total cost.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 09:16:45 AM

The shit coins that i hace presently in my wallet address are mostly gotten from Airdrops an$ bounties.
I got some aldo because of greed.
I coul have sell when the price was reasonable but instead I decided to keep holding with the hope of increase in price which never happened.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Emmy92

Activity: 837

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:55:34 AM

Funny enough I did almost all, bet on the wrong team, pump and dump group, no due diligence etc. But I learnt something too, which is knowledge is power, after ending up with shit coins I had to go research for more information. The last but not the least, some airdrops I did too are still in my wallet with no hope of amounting to anything.
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 03:19:53 PM

I trusted a friend and eventually lost my ethereum in the project. Conclusion analyze where you carry money.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:01:11 PM

I have not bought them, but I took part in a lot of bounty programmes that ended up as a shit coin. I have sold 50 percent at the very beginning and the last part landed in my wallet. By the way, 90 percent of all earned tokens are still there, because they have almost no value.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:57:38 PM

I trusted a friend and eventually lost my ethereum in the project. Conclusion analyze where you carry money.
Always do your research before starting to invest your money, the rules of trading, never to entrust your fate with someone always find the way to learn
about the market, your knowledge is your tool to earn from this industry, ending up with unprofitable alts happened when investors didn't bother to do study and research.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:02:15 PM

You wouldn't believe it but most I got was from airdrops collect in 2018 when trading went awry. Everything about Crypto trading failed and had to switch to collecting self drops and airdrops. That's how I ended up with shitcoins

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:56:14 PM

Well, I will advice you to do your research thoroughly before investing and never listen to friends to prevent loss of tokens sometimes.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 03:50:47 AM

I also don't like coins that are made just to get some funds and after abandon it, i mean devs are just create a coin, ussually a clone of another coin, and after put it for sell and people who buy it lose investements.

Therefore, the decision here is very simple: never deal with these shitcoins. Avoid getting a token if you do not trust it or when you do not know anything about it. It is safer to work using top-100 alts.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 302

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 07:20:20 AM

Most of my shitcoins i am gonna hold it first because there no sense if you sell them with no profit and you paying transaction fee from exchange without any gain from your coins, all i have to do is to wait the development of this shitcoins.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
entebah

Activity: 1549
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 07:53:30 AM

Most of my shitcoins i am gonna hold it first because there no sense if you sell them with no profit and you paying transaction fee from exchange without any gain from your coins, all i have to do is to wait the development of this shitcoins.
Yes, it is really annoying to get the shit coin, because it is very slow in increasing and very rapidly decreases, so for me to handle this shit coin, it is enough to buy at 1 satoshi price.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:03:16 AM

if you still hold shitcoin you should never see and wait for high prices. moreover you are still having trouble finding the market / exchange to sell it, sell it when you still have time, before you regret for holding worthless coins..
Annalise24
Copper Member

Activity: 84

Atronocom

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 07:15:07 PM

I ended up with shit coins through bounties and partly from Airdrops.
My etheruem wallet address is filled to stupor with most of these shit coins.
The world is that I cannot even sell it nor discard them from my wallet.

ATRONOCOM  ]   BUILT FOR YOU ANDYOUR CRYPTO LIFESTYLE
| ❱  bitcointalk  ◽  WP  ❰ |    ❨❪  JOIN CROWDSALE  ❫❩
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ twitter
[/quote
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:24:28 PM

I will never forget how my inexperience made be bagholder of some shit coins. This is why research and patience is very essential, when choosing any coin. Do your research in order to limit your skill
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: