Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44721 times)
Dronstop

Activity: 129
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

I have just subscribed to the Newsletter to be informed of upcoming events
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

Excuse me, I am a beginner in the world of blockchain, but I would like to know if I understood correctly, you propose 20% of the profits or 20% of the income ?  Huh

It's the income. Before the company's expenses. The 20% is part of the company's expenses in the fees.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 01:49:41 PM

Can imagine that sotcks will be available throught CFD, what will be the leverage for margin trading ?

Actually it will be digitised stocks which mirrors CFD holdings within our liquidity provider. So it is the same process as tokenizing stocks, but more scalable and cheaper.

The leverage will depend on the jurisdiction. At the moment we are licensed in St Vincent so we do not have the ESMA limits.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Dronstop

Activity: 129
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:22:58 PM

It's very exotic for regulation.
You are not considering UK or at least European regulation
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

wow, according to you, this platform will be very functional and will bring income to the holders, how often will the investor receive his profit?

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 02:55:18 PM

The Jarvis Exchange can be switched from centralized to semi-decentralized mode. So, how it will be switched and why to semi-decentralized, not to fully decentralized?

Good questions !

1. So first, how to switch from the modes : by the mean of a button.
When you switch, your available funds are moved automatically from the centralized exchange to the semi-decentralized one (so from the exchange wallet to the user’s wallet). Users can select some of or all their assets to be moved. It is important to note that to move funds from the semi-decentralized exchange to the centralized one require to have an account within the centralized exchange.

So if you intend to make a lot of short term trades a morning on the BTC/USD pair, you can move only your BTC to the centralized exchange, trade several time, buy, sell, buy again etc. (since you have instant settlement in the centralized exchange) and then move back your fund to the semi-decentralized exchange when you are done. Please note that this use case will be also available in the semi-decentralized exchange (many trades without settlement, and only one final on-chain settlement) but not soon.

2. Then why semi and not fully decentralized ? To enable the best user experience as possible.
The matching engine and some components of the exchange are off-chain. The funds are held within the users wallet, and the settlement is on-chain. So you can have a very scalable and performant matching engine, you can place complex orders, with no fees, while keeping your assets secure.

Our positioning is that decentralized technologies, including Blockchain, should be used where they bring a real value to end-users; if we use these technologies it has to provide a better user experience and give more value than a centralized technologies/applications without any sacrifice or compromise so it can be mass adopted. As example, decentralized technologies are better than centralized one when it is about storing, exchange and traceability of assets and data. But for some tasks, like calculating, analyzing etc. they should be done off-chain.

In the future, side chains and some Blockchain will maybe be scalable enough to compete with solutions such as Azure or AWS but at the moment it is better to use off-chain component, hence the semi-decentralized. You have all the advantages of decentralization (including privacy, no account needed) with the advantages of centralization.

Note 1 : you can pass your KYC on the semi-decentralized exchange to access to Forex trading as example.

Note 2 : our off-chain components are decentralized and distributed to guarantee the best performance; extract of the white paper :
Other aspects have been designed to further support a network load of tens of millions of simultaneous users. This includes but is not limited to having a decentralized load resource structure where user specific information is stored both by the user on their device as well as on encrypted servers which are distributed around the world with commercially available solutions including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, as well as decentralized storage solutions. With this distributed and decentralized structure, historical data can easily be made available to the users from “Geo-Local” servers. If the ultimate level of privacy is desired, users can set their data settings to only be stored on and accessed from their own devices.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

It's very exotic for regulation.
You are not considering UK or at least European regulation

Indeed, it is, but most of UK/European/US brokers also do have licences there of at least in an off shore jurisdiction.

It was necessary to have a regulation to provide a fiat gateway and some liquidity for regulated products.

We will have a european licence through an umbrella with our partners. But as soon as it is possible, we will apply to a european, UK and Japan regulation as well.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 03:03:24 PM

wow, according to you, this platform will be very functional and will bring income to the holders, how often will the investor receive his profit?

It will be on a monthly basis Smiley

There are few ways to generate income through Jarvis :

• JRT token holders will receive revenue
  • With your multi-level referral link (3 level of referral)
  • Any users can lon their assets to the liquidity pool and earn interest and premium fees on it (so if you are a long term holder, you can hold them within the Jarvis Liquidity Network and get paid for that
  • The trading platform (Jarvis Trader) has a tip function integrated to the social network (built on the top of steemit platform, by the way); so if you are a good analyst or trader followed by thousands of peers, they can tip you if you make them win money
  • By selling your services/add-on : the interface allow to monetize your content, trading live, trading lesson, and you can sell algorithm, and diverse add-on like for MT4 (MetaTrader 4 if you know about it)

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 08:55:02 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 09:19:52 PM by Jarvis Edge

An important fact to mention. The founders and ambassadors of Jarvis are followed by large traditional traders communities. These communities have been supporting the project since the begining.
They were the first who tested the prototypes, gave feedbacks, and participated in a successfull private sale (over 1 million dollars).

guybrushT17

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:48:50 PM

Hello,

I am a forex trader. Today, I am bored by widthdraw my gain (take a few days... with many confirmation, phone call, screenshot, etc...).

You are talking about "Crypto debit card or directly the Smartphone (NFC) with any asset" , could you be more precise, what will be my experience ? will be able to put my gain directly in a card and pay my bill ?

Thks
guybrush
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 04:32:48 PM

Hello,

I am a forex trader. Today, I am bored by widthdraw my gain (take a few days... with many confirmation, phone call, screenshot, etc...).

You are talking about "Crypto debit card or directly the Smartphone (NFC) with any asset" , could you be more precise, what will be my experience ? will be able to put my gain directly in a card and pay my bill ?

Thks
guybrush

Hello Guybrush,

Unlike others exchanges, we are targetting Forex trader to provide them user experiences their broker can't provide. Instant withdrawing (card/banking account), decentralized trading (you have your funds in your wallet, not in the broker); you can also trade Forex from a bitcoin deposit, without having to sell your bitcoins. You put them into an escrow, it generates a collateral credit, and you can trade Forex with this credit.

Since they access Forex from their wallet, Forex traders will also have access to partners Dapps, to ICO investment, etc.

We are confident that this will drive easily the adoption among Forex traders.

On a side note, I am followed by 18k+ Forex traders, and some of our ambassadors by more than 20k+ Forex traders in spain and germany.

your_favourite_commie

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:23:31 PM

And you don't think you can compete with Kucoin or Binance, do you?

Since when Kucoin is still relevant or am I am missing sth?

As for the project, look nice but I do not quite understand how Forex and crypto brokers will work together?! I guess I should read WP one more time...
overtrack

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:12:01 PM

Hi DEV.
I'm discovering this project and I have to say it aroused my curiosity... But there is one point I would like to clarify before going further.

Your ANN says "20% of revenues are shared among every token holder and an additional 5% among the original TGE participants."

20% to 25% of revenues looks insane to me... How can it be financially viable?
Maxmot

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:31:35 PM

Hello,
What is the idea to have 2 exchanges (centralized and semi-decentralized) ?
Do you mean that for example you can store your long term investments in a decentralized way and to daily trade in a centralized exchange ?
dubignyp

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:20:56 AM

Hi DEV.
I'm discovering this project and I have to say it aroused my curiosity... But there is one point I would like to clarify before going further.

Your ANN says "20% of revenues are shared among every token holder and an additional 5% among the original TGE participants."

20% to 25% of revenues looks insane to me... How can it be financially viable?

No, it's from 20% minimum. And TGE from 5% more. That's from 25% instead of 20%.
dubignyp

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:26:09 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 09:13:25 AM by dubignyp

Hello,
Do you mean that for example you can store your long term investments in a decentralized way and to daily trade in a centralized exchange ?

The pseudo Jarvis Edge answered it in the previous topic, namely that one brings advantages than the other does not. And, inversely.

Semi-decentralized is not only for long-term storage, centralized is not only for daily transactions. But, you can do so of your choice.

Today, enjoying all the aspects that the crypto world surrounds us is very difficult. Jarvis will be able to allow us to gradually assemble everything in the same place, through their platform.
I let Jarvis Edge explain this better than I do.
blockangel

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:27:38 PM

Ok you share the income from the exchange but frankly it's a lot of others do: COSS, Kucoin,....

Hi Dronstop,  
Yes, you are correct that  a few other exchanges do have some type of reward aspect but these programs are limited in scope or duration. With Jarvis the target audience and scope of services is different.  Currently there are millions of people around the world who trade traditional financial products such as FX, CFD's, and more,  they would like to become more involved in the crypto market but in general the user interfaces and trading experience with most crypto exchanges is just not very good.  Our target audience and user base is not just the existing crypto community but more the non-crypto community who are trading other products or not trading at all.  We are already seeing that exchange fees in crypto are following what happened in the FX market are becoming more competitive and will eventually go to zero.  Jarvis is focusing on the delivery of a wide range of solutions which benefit from the interface and will be capable of generating revenue from a wide range of products and services outside of exchange fee's.  So as time goes on and more integrations and solutions are included with Jarvis and the community grows the revenue will grow even if our exchange fee's go to zero.  This is far more sustainable and beneficial for the community and long term success of the token than just exchange fees.  One example of a different type of revenue stream in Jarvis.  There is a trading community which likes to share charts and information between traders.  The lead trader provides many services for free but can also provide additional paid services for a small fee such as $25 a month per client.  Jarvis makes it super easy to share charts and information with specific clients and also helps to facilitate the automated collection and payment of this fee from the client.  In exchange for helping this trader up-sell their products and services Jarvis collects a small fee just like if the company used an external company like paypal or other online subscription solution.  This is a win for the client, the trader, and Jarvis.   With thousands of such traders and services the revenue from this type of interaction will quickly surpass what is made from the exchange.  
Jarvis IO

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:47:41 PM

As for the project, look nice but I do not quite understand how Forex and crypto brokers will work together?! I guess I should read WP one more time...

Hi!
Karina from the Jarvis team here. What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean what the benefits are or how technically it will work?
Jarvis IO

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:54:05 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 01:51:36 PM by Jarvis IO

Hello,

The pseudo Jarvis Edge answered it in the previous topic, namely that one brings advantages than the other does not. And, inversely.

Semi-decentralized is not only for long-term storage, centralized is not only for daily transactions. But, you can do so of your choice.

Today, enjoying all the aspects that the crypto world surrounds us is very difficult. Jarvis will be able to allow us to gradually assemble everything in the same place, through their platform.
I let Jarvis Edge explain this better than I do.

Hi Maxmot and dubignyp!

What is the idea to have 2 exchanges (centralized and semi-decentralized)?
Do you mean that for example you can store your long term investments in a decentralized way and to trade daily in a centralized exchange ?

Good question! So the first idea is to provide users with the choice. The choice between centralization and decentralization. Both mode are accessible through the same user interface, with almost the same user experience. But in decentralized mode, you can trade without account, in full anonymity and of course you remain in control of your keys.

Let say that if you are a normal trader, who will not make trade on high frequency (like several buy/sell during the same hours, like short term trader do) you will chose the centralized exchange, since settlement is instant. If speed of settlement is not a priority for you then the semi-decentralized will be ok.

Another reason why we have the two exchanges, is to deliver a very smooth path to decentralization. We want to onboard millions of mainstream, who will probably chose the centralized solutions as they will not want to deal with their private keys, and we will be able to convert them slowly to the decentralization.
your_favourite_commie

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:51:08 PM

Hi!
Karina from the Jarvis team here. What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean what the benefits are or how technically it will work?

The benefits I understand, the technical part is that I have questions about. Thank you for the response:)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: