Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop promoting scam project?  (Read 26925 times)
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:58:39 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

What if we everybody stop to promote a project which offers only token?
For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?

I think that as long as the bounty hunters agree to receive rewards in tokens, it will be the payment preferred by the ICO projects.
Bounty hunters should also better check the credibility of projects and who is the bounty manager. Choose only reliable projects and not work for lazy bounty managers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evushko

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:02:04 PM

Unfortunately, fraudulent projects have been, are and will be, no matter what we do! But the idea is not bad!

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:02:57 PM

It is a good idea but not easy to enforce it. Once market gets bullish and money is flowing back easily into ICOs, bounty payments will be normal and fast again.  
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:03:50 PM

We can stop promoting SCAM project if we will not join any bounty campaign.
We dont know at first if we are promoting a scam team as it will be able to see not at the start.
Crypto police is one ICO which aim to kill scam projects in the community but after 6 months of bounty they stop it and still waiting for their announcement.
bohboh

Activity: 499

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:19:01 PM

Scam is every where, we need to protect the interest of the investors and the bounty hunters, to achieve this, i support and welcome your idea because its can solve the problem of bad and scam project everywhere.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:36:33 PM

The idea is good, but it will not get the support of the majority, and the only way to follow this rule. I think so because there were already similar ideas, but they did not lead to anything.

boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:45:01 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?
I think the idea is good, but it is hard to implement. Certainly few people will follow such an appeal and that is why the idea will not work. But in any case, it would be really good if ico operators already had some money to pay at least the bountie participants, even if the ico fails.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
Felic43

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:08:13 PM

Definitely yes but it very hard to do so the only thing is for someone to stop doing new project and focus on the existing once

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:09:15 PM

I think that will only happen if we all remain truthful to ourselves and be our brothers keeper But with the high level of selfishness and greed in the system it will really be hard but if are ready for kicking out scam project we can.

CleverOracle

Activity: 549
Merit: 100

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:16:49 PM

I see some bounty campaigns doing escrow to give some assurance to bounty hunters that they will get paid at the end of campaign but the thing is even if you got paid and the team runs with money collected or stop developing the project then your coin will have no value. The point is bounty hunters should be very picky on choosing campaign to avoid promoting scam projects.

Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:28:51 PM

Irrespective of how much we detest cryptocurrency control and monitoring by centralized bodies, the cases of rampant fraud in crypto has made it inevitable and SEC influence is now important. I think Promoters can do their job effectively when SEC does their jobs of checkmating scam projects

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:30:04 PM

It is very difficult for  hunters to be united as there is no hunters society which would take care about their interest.
There should be global regulations on ICOs  which would  prevent scams.
rosebrand

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:40:20 PM

It is very difficult for  hunters to be united as there is no hunters society which would take care about their interest.
There should be global regulations on ICOs  which would  prevent scams.

yes indeed to gather bounty hunters into one for an idea is indeed not easy, because every bounty hunter has his own way and thoughts in getting an ICO project that will later be successful and will be able to get paid.
it is possible only with the existence of regulations on the ICO as a whole or in each country by the government, so I feel that the ICO scam will not appear too much.

salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 798

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 11:21:41 PM

it is a good idea but also a difficult condition and who wants to regulate it because crypto is decentralized so that no one regulates it, unless it is used as a condition to get regulation from a country it will be realized but the question is which developer wants to do it ?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:33:01 PM

in 2017 there are a lot of ICO projects that pay us with bitcoin of course with escrow. i ever joined that kind of bounties twice. but, it's hard to find it now. there still some bounties that pay with bitcoin too now, but it's hard to find it. even if i find them, their slots are always full.

patykuprova

Activity: 364

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 11:41:57 PM

I agree with you! We already freely promoted for many scam projects and got nothing. Weekly payment by ETH, BTC, or USDT is the best way to prevent us.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
Luvr1000

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:44:13 PM

I also thought about it today cryptocurrency is too developed and can come up with many ways to circumvent fraudulent companies, but this does not happen, all because scammers are finding new ways. to fool people, we can only do what we have to do checking and analyzing the project ourselves
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 11:47:20 PM

Most of the people already do not do bounties or they do not care, doing on luck. If paid then good, if not then going for the next one, it does not work anymore like that.
Escrow, would be a great idea, but I doubt developers will go for that. Mostly they do not care about bounty participants.
A working global spreadsheet with small analysis could do its job.
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:51:26 PM

This subject was talked in too much recently time but now some hunters still depply believe to many ICO Scam project and promote them. Should we get payment in bitcoin or something not their token is resoanable.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Bloodseekers

Activity: 770
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:53:12 PM

I agree but that's is hard, why because some of project start from 0 funds, so that's why they do ICO, because want to developt their project, then they will try harder to make sure the project success from collected funds, What about scam projects??, i think we can identify it by checking several points, or join in bounty which have good managers for reduce risk of scam project, For me, i love bountyhive, maybe you should try it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: