Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76261 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 02:47:27 PM
Merited by YUriy1991 (1)

What I mean is that when you take bitcoin to become part of your life,you will know that you have to keep your coins with you till old age no matter what significant circumstances that befall bitcoin price,you wouldn't bother because you have seen it that it is part of your life.
But this isn't a big deal, man, and it shouldn't be to any Bitcoiner if the person truly knows more about Bitcoin before going into it. The thing to do (possibly for me; I don't know what others think) is just look back at the price history of Bitcoin and note the great price crash of Bitcoin, then they will relize that it has even crashed by -99% in 2011, but yet it recovered big time.

there will also be a time that you will use DCA method,the important thing is that make it your priority.
Every bitcoiner can use the DCA at any time they want, but it depends on the investor and how much they are investing. For instance, if the Bitcoin price drops to $20,000, I could just let go of DCA and buy up at once any amount I wish to buy because I am satisfied with the price dip, but perhaps, let's say, if it's trading at $40k, I can decide to do DCA because I am hoping that if I buy with DCA, there will be a chance that the price will go below $40k. Upon that, there are people that will still do DCA even if the price has dipped more. It might not go below that again, but some will still be waiting to DCA hoping that it will dip more, and after the price sees a big uptrend, that's when they start to regret why they did not just buy up at the point it was very low.

Your description of DCA is a wee bit strange Dr.Bitcoin_Strange.... .. especially since you are describing so much about changing your DCA based on the BTC price and that is not really what DCA is.. and you are describing buying on the dip.. and sure, there is not really any problem to employ both DCA and buying on the dip as you describe, but they are a bit different concepts in terms of how to strategize aspects of your BTC accumulation.

DCA really is something that you would employ once you have come to the conclusion that you believe overall the BTC price is going up in the long term.. so that you believe there is enough fundamental value in BTC that its price is going to be higher at the point down the road when you start to cash out.. so that you cannot really be sure that the price will be higher but that overall you believe that the BTC price is trajectoring upward enough that DCA'ing will be profitable .. so in that sense you largely establish a regular budget to buy BTC - perhaps based on your extra cashflow, and if you have changes in your cashflow then you may end up having changes in your DCA amount.. I have frequently suggested buying weekly for guys/gals in their early BTC accumulation stages, but surely there might be reasons that the buys might not be structured as frequently.

Of course you can have part of your budget that is set aside or reserved for buying on dips and so you might even stop and start DCA based on BTC prices, but that really is not DCA.. that is buying on dips and maybe using DCA within that kind of a practice..., and maybe my main point is to make sure to note that a more pure DCA strategy is largely based on the budget (cashflow and expenses) of the BTC buyer and not on the changes in the BTC price.. .. and maybe if someone is really early in their bitcoin journey, they would be more strict on making sure that they are buying BTC regularly, and sure they can try to time their buys at the lowest price in the week (or the month if they are making their buys monthly), and something like that still might be considered DCA, but if we are completely changing the amounts that we buy based on the price, that sounds more like buying on dips and maybe even a bit more of a luxury that comes after having had already accumulated a decent amount of BTC already that it might not really matter so much whether DCA buys are made regularly.

Many of us likely realize that the more BTC that we accumulate, then the less we might feel emotional about the BTC price going up and the possibility of our missing out because our own accumulation of BTC has already largely prepared us for UP, and so part of the trick for any lowcoiner or no coiner is to get to a stage in which s/he at least has enough of a BTC stash that s/he is already feeling financially and psychologically prepared for up, even if s/he might have had wanted to have more BTC, at least there is enough BTC in the stash that there are good feelings about the BTC price going up.

So perhaps part of the justification of just following strict DCA and not even thinking about the dip would be for a very new person to bitcoin who hardly has stacked any bitcoin, and sure if they already have money (or other assets/investments), then they might consider a lump sum front loading into bitcoin in order to establish some kind of a sufficient stake in order to take away those kinds of feelings that deal with not feeling as if they do not have enough BTC in terms of being prepared for up.... but some folks get into BTC and they do not have hardly any other investments or assets or if they do have other assets, they do not necessarily want to draw upon those other assets/investments, so in those cases they might want to be more strict in their following a DCA strategy that has to do with their cashflow and maybe even wanting to be somewhat aggressive in their DCA amount until they feel that they have enough BTC to be prepared for up.

And, not everyone is going to feel that they want to be aggressive in their BTC accumulation, so those folks also might just get started with DCAing into BTC with a strict amount, but their amount might end up being a relatively low amount because they are still feeling hesitations in regards to whether they believe BTC is a good investment, and some of those more BTC hesitant people could take a decent amount of time before starting to feel that they might want to be more aggressive in their BTC accumulation approach including using DCA, buying on dips and/or front loading lump sum investing into it.

Wrong reasoning. If you are solely a bitcoin maximalist, then it is understandable why you say that. But if you listen to common sense, there are very good opportunities right now to buy shitcoins bags and wait for the price you are willing to sell at. There haven't been prices like that since 2020, and it's silly to give up the profits you can get in a year or a year and a half for example.
Shitcoins often offer good opportunities at certain moments in the market, but Shitcoins are not a good choice long term although it may make sense to choose them at certain times. Because taking advantage of the moment to seek profits in the short term is indeed feasible because the benefits can be enjoyed immediately, but for those who have maximized themselves on Bitcoin it also makes a lot of sense in my opinion because currently Bitcoin is still good to buy using their respective strategies.

Because remembering that there will also be better moments next year so this year can still be used to buy as much as you can, especially for Bitcoin. Personally, I also look at Bitcoin more often for now and buy it when the price starts to fall, although I also buy other coins at the same time because the price decline that occurs in Bitcoin also often provokes the price of other coins to decrease, so I can use them simultaneously.

This thread is not about whether or how much shitcoins to diversify into and whether or not it is a good idea to even think about that crap... since we are talking about bitcoin here. Yeah.. people might get into shitcoins, but why distract us with that nonsense here?

Focus.

Focus.

By the way, since we are attempting to figure out dips in BTC price in this thread, then sometimes shitcoins can be relevant to the extent that they drag down the BTC price or they might drag down the BTC price.. and so yeah, we are trying to weigh our timing of BTC buys to the extent that we believe that buying on dip is something that we want to do.. which can supplement a DCA strategy.. or even replace a DCA strategy if the person has already accumulated a lot of BTC and met various accumulation goals (so buying on dips can come into play for both new investors and also for longer term BTC HODLers).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
khiholangkang

Activity: 2002
Merit: 555

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 04:56:00 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

By the way, since we are attempting to figure out dips in BTC price in this thread, then sometimes shitcoins can be relevant to the extent that they drag down the BTC price or they might drag down the BTC price.. and so yeah, we are trying to weigh our timing of BTC buys to the extent that we believe that buying on dip is something that we want to do..
But for those new investors or for investors who are accumulating Bitcoin, I think I have to thank Altcoin because they make Bitcoin again experience a correction, it becomes an opportunity for them to accumulate Bitcoin at a fairly cheap price, not my intention to support Bitcoin down The price, but feels happy because for some people the decline is gold, especially for me to meet the purchase of bitcoin at a discount price.

And keep in mind that Bitcoin does not have FUD, and what is affected by FUD today is Altcoin, which indicates that Bitcoin is the best choice, and the use of wallets in full control by yourself is the right lust in storing the Bitcoin owned. What happens now, I think we have to be aware of where we have to save our bitcoin.
I think it's useless we do DCA and do many strategies of buying Bitcoin, and get a cheap price but if it is still using in third party, the Bitcoin that we have has the potential to disappear.
Hopefully with this situation, more and more people are aware, Bitcoin is the right choice and storage with full control is a strategy for investment in bitcoin not in vain.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ajiz138

Activity: 1484
Merit: 784

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 06:39:55 PM

And keep in mind that Bitcoin does not have FUD, and what is affected by FUD today is Altcoin, which indicates that Bitcoin is the best choice, and the use of wallets in full control by yourself is the right lust in storing the Bitcoin owned. What happens now, I think we have to be aware of where we have to save our bitcoin.
I think it's useless we do DCA and do many strategies of buying Bitcoin, and get a cheap price but if it is still using in third party, the Bitcoin that we have has the potential to disappear.
Hopefully with this situation, more and more people are aware, Bitcoin is the right choice and storage with full control is a strategy for investment in bitcoin not in vain.
Bitcoin will only be attacked by people who don't like it, so they can spread FUD, an example like this new case where the SEC continues to accuse several exchanges that have an impact on bitcoin, of course there are still many people who believe in exchanges, try if they are aware of saving in a personal wallet, maybe not will have an impact down with the presence of FUD.

And hardware is the best wallet where to store your built-in bitcoins, although there are other wallets that can still be trusted as long as they store the private keys securely.

Your second point is quite good where we have to remind them without involving third parties because it will have a high risk, by building a DCA strategy it means we don't use exchanges anymore to store it, and it is best when a correction is to buy.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Nwada001

Activity: 560
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 11:38:25 PM

In the middle of the confusion and the outrage caused by the SEC, a successful Bitcoin HODLer is also the person who judges the quality of his/her investment by the kind of enemies it makes, and Bitcoin has made some significant enemies out of those high-ranking bureaucrats who are working for the government.
I believe that success shouldn't only be measured through how much value Bitcoin has made for you. It should be measured by how much you want to support its ethos. As a mere HODLer, support = HODL.

I believe Bitcoin can't be where it is today without the big challenges it faces from racists and world leaders. The more challenges there are, the stronger Bitcoiners become. For every temptation and problem that are being thrown at Bitcoin, the way and manner in which it's handled is what brings more people to it, and faith is being built.
And if Bitcoin and crypto currency at large don't possess any traits or are of no value, there would be no need for the resources and energy that they spend just trying to chase and regulate them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 1988
Merit: 905

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 01:18:27 AM

Update from the Rainbow Chart #DYOR

BUY NOW    Cheesy https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/ V2

Still Cheap buy and hodl

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
uche6215

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 08:43:45 AM

Actually it's just a matter of hard work and dedication. If we are willing to learn and take action, we will be able to achieve positive results in managing our BTC assets. Success is not difficult, but requires persistence and the will to act. Regarding storing and adding BTC assets, it is important to find out on which exchanges the coin is available and at what price to buy it and is it considered safe. Once you have the coins, you need to know where and when to sell them. Easy.

Which part of the world are you from YUriy1991 ? Nothing on earth is easy talk more of success. For one to be successful,s/he needs to sacrifice a lot and work hard for a very long time and if you get discouraged and loose focus in the goal mate,you will start all over again.

Other investments that are not highly volatile and businesses that are into essential commodities can't even boost of success being easy because they knew what they passed through before they could be successful. Talking about bitcoin investment,which is more risky  than those ones I mentioned above because of its volatile nature and it is not an essential commodity because everybody can live without bitcoin,even after when all the bitcoins are mined only little percent of people will have it in their wallets. The others that were ignorant of it wouldn't even bother if it  exist. It is not easy to hold your bitcoin for 4yrs which is the smallest time duration for it to complete its circle because of some unforseen circumstances that will not be favorable to your plans of holding for this period of time. To hold for long is one and also to keep on accumulating is another. The bear market brings panic for investors and it is always at the time that most investors make loss in their investment because they lack the knowledge of the market analysis which will never lead to success.  Some people have the knowledge on how to go with their investment portfolio but they don't have the patience to wait for long and will end up selling when they don't even want to. For you to be successful in your bitcoin holdings,you must be financially and psychological prepared even though,you will not be able to accumulated more bitcoin as expected due to some natural phenomenon.
Success never come easily. There are some concepts that move with success. And there are endurance, patient, faith and hard working. And all these concepts hard working is the prominent one among all. All those concepts without hard working is vain. so someone that has interest in bitcoin investment must have those characteristics for the long run. If those things can not found in you then you are not ready for the life journey of success. Even bitcoin itself passed through all those characteristics. Bitcoin didn't just grow this level in one day, week, month and year. But more of those period.
Merit.s

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 08:32:13 PM

Many of us likely realize that the more BTC that we accumulate, then the less we might feel emotional about the BTC price going up and the possibility of our missing out because our own accumulation of BTC has already largely prepared us for UP, and so part of the trick for any lowcoiner or no coiner is to get to a stage in which s/he at least has enough of a BTC stash that s/he is already feeling financially and psychologically prepared for up, even if s/he might have had wanted to have more BTC, at least there is enough BTC in the stash that there are good feelings about the BTC price going up.
This is the reality of bitcoin holding for a long term that you just stated above. Buying in lump,wouldn't make you think much of the DCA strategy because you will relax for a while when your bitcoin has attain a significant figure or close to your target figure. But at the same time this strategy is for someone that do have once in a while some reason sum of money or for someone rich. Buying at dip is good when you prepare towards it,believing and hoping that bitcoin price will go dip because of its volatile in nature. This a good strategy because both the rich and average can take advantage of the market. Buying in lump and buying at dip will help one achieve his target amount of bitcoin fast than when you are using DCA method because one cash inflow might vary from time to time and when bitcoin price has pump to an extent,the funds for DCA would lesser fraction and the investor that is buying in lump or during the dip will just relax and keep holding till it is the right time for him to take advantage of the market again.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:37:09 PM

To convince myself to keep HODLing during "testy" market moments is to keep telling myself that the Bitcoins I HODL in cold storage is a kind of time deposit placed in a secret Swiss banking account that cannot be touched until the right moment. That moment is when it's trading in a six digit price valuation+. That's why I don't have the same complaints when fees surge, because as a "secret Swiss banking account", you don't use it to pay for coffee transactions. I believe many of you don't want to be like the Bitcoin Pizza Guy. That was probably the worst trading decision of his life.

Good strategy, I guess we have to sort of re-invent everything on how we are going to see our Bitcoin and why we are holding it for a very long time. Not just for this testy market moments, but perhaps the end game of Bitcoin to us, because we will feel and be affected mentality, so we need to be strong and think outside of the box on how we are going to HODL for a long time.

For me, just take it slow in the beginning, I might set a personal record to hold, let's say short term is 10 weeks. And if I can brutally manage that then I go for 26 weeks, at least half a year and see how it goes to me. Then why not go for 52 weeks? If I can do 26 then maybe another half a week can be done? And that's how I started though. Now if ever I see the market down, I'm not emotionally affected and just like what others do, just continue to accumulate sats in whatever manner we can and we will be good in the end.  Grin.

Something is wrong with your strategy since you are just "hoping" that you can hold longer and longer and longer, and so you seem to be doing something wrong.. .like you are gambling.. and you are so nervous to lock in your profits in dollars because you are worried about a correction..

I get the sense that you might be overly investing.. and that is what is causing you to feel so nervous but I doubt that I know enough information.

I don't see it as gambling though, I see it as a test to myself, on how tough I will be on this kind of games. So I just started with a short term goal and then work my way up to a year and then now I'm confident of my capacity and mental strength to continue to accumulate although there were moments last year wherein I need to sell some stash because of the death of my sister.

Nevertheless, I was not deter, after that I continue to have plans and execute my strategy and I would say that I'm doing fairly good right or at least have the confidence now to be a bitcoin HODLer. And I'm trying to get to 52 weeks or even higher.

[..snip..]

Thanks for this input, I will look into it as well and see how I can incorporate this strategy or even tweak it to suit my investment plan.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Odusko

Activity: 882
Merit: 507

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2023, 04:16:11 PM

This is the reality of bitcoin holding for a long term that you just stated above. Buying in lump,wouldn't make you think much of the DCA strategy because you will relax for a while when your bitcoin has attain a significant figure or close to your target figure. But at the same time this strategy is for someone that do have once in a while some reason sum of money or for someone rich. Buying at dip is good when you prepare towards it,believing and hoping that bitcoin price will go dip because of its volatile in nature. This a good strategy because both the rich and average can take advantage of the market. Buying in lump and buying at dip will help one achieve his target amount of bitcoin fast than when you are using DCA method because one cash inflow might vary from time to time and when bitcoin price has pump to an extent,the funds for DCA would lesser fraction and the investor that is buying in lump or during the dip will just relax and keep holding till it is the right time for him to take advantage of the market again.
JayJuanGee is very correct in his statements on the amount of bitcoin in starch to determine individual confidence to face the ups and downs of the bitcoin market, and for a good reason I have the same line of thought because we have some bitcoin long-term investors that do not check what the price is all that the car about is that they have enough bitcoin to convert for their expenses., this is the stage of financial sufficiency where you have accumulated enough bitcoin over the time and as result becoming more confident and ever ready for whatever the outcome of the reality is on bitcoin value.
Buying the way down and selling all the way up is a good DCA practice, but it is better to hold Bitcoin for long-term goals, take for example 4 years investment approach.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
June 16, 2023, 06:33:15 PM

I don't see it as gambling though, I see it as a test to myself, on how tough I will be on this kind of games. So I just started with a short term goal and then work my way up to a year and then now I'm confident of my capacity and mental strength to continue to accumulate although there were moments last year wherein I need to sell some stash because of the death of my sister.

Nevertheless, I was not deter, after that I continue to have plans and execute my strategy and I would say that I'm doing fairly good right or at least have the confidence now to be a bitcoin HODLer. And I'm trying to get to 52 weeks or even higher.
That's very extraordinary, you have succeeded in instilling a belief that is strong enough and full of determination to carry out the investment you are making. Indeed, all of these twists and turns are quite difficult and full of challenges, but the level of confidence or experience that we have learned in previous years can be used as a strong reference to start here, namely buying and holding through each strategy. Indeed, I myself also feel a sense of boredom, but I have to get rid of that to achieve my target of buying btc every week and that is one of my targets in the long term.

On the other hand you have reached 52 weeks in the buying stage and that is quite an interesting milestone and I think you will get used to it and there will be no more burden to keep buying and buying. I myself, for now, have probably just entered the 17th purchase stage and even then I do it routinely every week. Well hopefully our dream can be achieved to have 1 btc and it will motivate us to keep buying and buying.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
June 16, 2023, 06:39:58 PM

There should be some more savings if you really try to buy all at once without thinking about the price considering in this case of course we will also at least be tempted when we have bought at a certain price and bitcoin is declining again and is in a place that is indeed more worthy of buying.
Even though it's not wrong, but we have to have several pockets so that when bitcoin goes down we are ready to go back to netting at a price that we think is right. But indeed in this case DCA is clearly better in my opinion by not being too impulsive and buying as we have planned and at the amount we really want while waiting for some conditions and movement because if it goes deeper down then we can buy more than before .
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 03:17:05 AM
Merited by lizarder (1)

That's very extraordinary, you have succeeded in instilling a belief that is strong enough and full of determination to carry out the investment you are making. Indeed, all of these twists and turns are quite difficult and full of challenges, but the level of confidence or experience that we have learned in previous years can be used as a strong reference to start here, namely buying and holding through each strategy. Indeed, I myself also feel a sense of boredom, but I have to get rid of that to achieve my target of buying btc every week and that is one of my targets in the long term.

On the other hand you have reached 52 weeks in the buying stage and that is quite an interesting milestone and I think you will get used to it and there will be no more burden to keep buying and buying. I myself, for now, have probably just entered the 17th purchase stage and even then I do it routinely every week. Well hopefully our dream can be achieved to have 1 btc and it will motivate us to keep buying and buying.

You've been a forum member since 2016 ginsan.. so are saying that since sometime around then, you have gone through 17 stages in which you had been weekly buying BTC on the dip.. (or what you perceive to have been a dip)?  That buying on dips like that works better than if you had just followed a strict DCA? 

If I understand you correctly, you are DCAing within a buying on dip approach... in order to attempt to get more bang for your buck with your DCAs.

A very strict DCA of $10 per week for the past 6 years would have gotten you real close to 1 BTC.. and you would have invested $3,660.

Did you do better than that in your trying to time your buying BTC on dips rather than just consistently buying on a weekly basis in order to attempt to reach your 1 BTC goal? and presumptively you would like to continue to accumulate BTC even after you achieve 1 BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 01:51:48 PM

You've been a forum member since 2016 ginsan.. so are saying that since sometime around then, you have gone through 17 stages in which you had been weekly buying BTC on the dip.. (or what you perceive to have been a dip)?  That buying on dips like that works better than if you had just followed a strict DCA? 

If I understand you correctly, you are DCAing within a buying on dip approach... in order to attempt to get more bang for your buck with your DCAs.

A very strict DCA of $10 per week for the past 6 years would have gotten you real close to 1 BTC.. and you would have invested $3,660.

Did you do better than that in your trying to time your buying BTC on dips rather than just consistently buying on a weekly basis in order to attempt to reach your 1 BTC goal? and presumptively you would like to continue to accumulate BTC even after you achieve 1 BTC.
Sorry to explain off topic. Several times i have held more than 5 btc at the same time i sold it and at the same time i did not hold it long term. And only this time I realized that the decision to sell in the past was the worst decision I had ever made.  Maybe it's a bit stupid but that's my experience and I learned to go back to accumulate with DCA since I visited this thread and don't plan to sell again because I've learned from many mistakes that I've done in the past.

Indeed, that's what I said, I just started and hope for a lot of positive support, be it financially or otherwise, because it can make me more enthusiastic about doing the DCA strategy every week.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Frankolala

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 03:04:45 PM

You've been a forum member since 2016 ginsan.. so are saying that since sometime around then, you have gone through 17 stages in which you had been weekly buying BTC on the dip.. (or what you perceive to have been a dip)?  That buying on dips like that works better than if you had just followed a strict DCA?  

Sorry to explain off topic. Several times i have held more than 5 btc at the same time i sold it and at the same time i did not hold it long term. And only this time I realized that the decision to sell in the past was the worst decision I had ever made.  Maybe it's a bit stupid but that's my experience and I learned to go back to accumulate with DCA since I visited this thread and don't plan to sell again because I've learned from many mistakes that I've done in the past.

Indeed, that's what I said, I just started and hope for a lot of positive support, be it financially or otherwise, because it can make me more enthusiastic about doing the DCA strategy every week.
I am happy that you have learnt from  your mistake ginsan for thinking that bitcoin is a short term profit generator,which this is what so many people always have at the back of their mind that is to sell and make profit when there is a little pump in price. They are blindfolded with little profit at the moment and didn't see the huge benefit when you hold for long. So many bitcoiners have this idea of selling durig the bull or in a price higher than what tgey bought as smartness and buying again after the price has dump below what they sold. They are just deceiving themselves thinking that they are making income not knowing that it will be hard for them to have that same number of bitcoin or higher than it after they have sold it,due to some financial circumstances that will come around the person and will make him use some part of the funds to solve.

Sometimes,the price of bitcoin might even discourage him to be able to buy back the quantity he sold. Ginsan take for instance that the price you sold those 5BTC of yours and compare it to assuming you left it to this very time,how much your bitcoin portfolio will worth. Anyway,we are in the forum to learn more on how to be successful in our bitcoin journey by accumulating more sats to our investment portfolio and also to learn and understand the reason why we must not sell our bitcoin but hodli for as long as we can. JayJuanGee is a genius in this aspect and he is ready to make one struggle his way to success in his bitcoin journey through his experience as an OG. This thread has really helped a lot of us to understand bitcoin bitcoin is all about hodli and accumulating in your capacity,so that you might able to reach that fuck you status someday. DCA strategy is a good one.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 03:54:08 PM
Merited by lizarder (1)

Sorry to explain off topic. Several times i have held more than 5 btc at the same time i sold it and at the same time i did not hold it long term. And only this time I realized that the decision to sell in the past was the worst decision I had ever made.  Maybe it's a bit stupid but that's my experience and I learned to go back to accumulate with DCA since I visited this thread and don't plan to sell again because I've learned from many mistakes that I've done in the past.

If you have a clear reason why you should sell your bitcoins in the past, then I don't think it's a bad decision.
There are many reasons to sell bitcoin holdings and one of them is when you feel you need the money urgently. Your health and anything other like building a business are some of the reasons to sell bitcoin, but if you have better options then holding and seeking a solution such as a loan is fine too.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 04:55:11 PM

If you have a clear reason why you should sell your bitcoins in the past, then I don't think it's a bad decision.
There are many reasons to sell bitcoin holdings and one of them is when you feel you need the money urgently. Your health and anything other like building a business are some of the reasons to sell bitcoin, but if you have better options then holding and seeking a solution such as a loan is fine too.
The basic concept is that as long as we already feel lucky and the target we hope for has been achieved, there is really no reason to hold back because even though at this point there is definitely a bit of regret for not holding on longer, but indeed it cannot be changed because regardless of anything when we If you have sold it, you can't really do anything about it anymore.
What needs to be considered in this case is the profit and as long as we sell with profit in it then indeed for something like that there is no need to worry about it in my opinion because let's say your goal at that time has been achieved and now we don't have to find it difficult to buy because the price has been too expensive from a few years ago when you first bought because right now it also can't be used as a comparison and all you have to do is go back to buy with some of the schemes and plans that you have in mind whether it's with DCA or waiting for bitcoin to bottom and buy there as a future plan in front of you.
lizarder

Activity: 1540
Merit: 877

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 06:01:32 PM

Bitcoin's priority scale is not more valuable when you experience health problems, selling Bitcoin for health costs is not too bad for me and even if you sell Bitcoin as a business support is far more productive because when the business is developing you can buy bitcoin with a much bigger amount. But there are other ways that can be taken, namely making financial scale to meet other needs, such as health, children's education costs and costs for businesses that have been prepared.

Sometimes the conditions for the need for money are not in the right conditions where the price of bitcoin has decreased, so selling the bitcoins that we have at that time will make a loss. Preparing needs that are used through savings is also needed as an option when we need money suddenly and don't need to sell bitcoin when facing conditions like that.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 06:52:41 PM

Bitcoin's priority scale is not more valuable when you experience health problems, selling Bitcoin for health costs is not too bad for me and even if you sell Bitcoin as a business support is far more productive because when the business is developing you can buy bitcoin with a much bigger amount. But there are other ways that can be taken, namely making financial scale to meet other needs, such as health, children's education costs and costs for businesses that have been prepared.

Sometimes the conditions for the need for money are not in the right conditions where the price of bitcoin has decreased, so selling the bitcoins that we have at that time will make a loss. Preparing needs that are used through savings is also needed as an option when we need money suddenly and don't need to sell bitcoin when facing conditions like that.
You've explained well about prioritization, but the main point is don't invest 100% in bitcoin if you don't have a spare budget yet. Of course this is a repeated explanation as some users keep blaming themselves and their bad decisions after selling bitcoin for so long.

Let's say you have 100k in USDT that you want to invest, so don't invest all your money in bitcoin because you need a reserve budget. 20% of that is a pretty good amount as a reserve budget, even if you don't have enough later you don't need to sell all your bitcoin to cover your expenses. About whether you must have it or not, it depends on yourself and your financial condition. If you have more assets as property that can be sold instead of selling bitcoin, then you may have other options to avoid selling at loss.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ginsan

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 06:56:09 PM

I am happy that you have learnt from  your mistake ginsan for thinking that bitcoin is a short term profit generator,which this is what so many people always have at the back of their mind that is to sell and make profit when there is a little pump in price. They are blindfolded with little profit at the moment and didn't see the huge benefit when you hold for long. So many bitcoiners have this idea of selling durig the bull or in a price higher than what tgey bought as smartness and buying again after the price has dump below what they sold. They are just deceiving themselves thinking that they are making income not knowing that it will be hard for them to have that same number of bitcoin or higher than it after they have sold it,due to some financial circumstances that will come around the person and will make him use some part of the funds to solve.
That's a road full of obstacles that I can use as a lesson that is valuable enough to be a big motivation for the future developments that I will do. I think one of the biggest factors is the lack of better knowledge of the direction of development of bitcoin that led us to fall into the wrong decision.

Ginsan take for instance that the price you sold those 5BTC of yours and compare it to assuming you left it to this very time,how much your bitcoin portfolio will worth.
I don't remember anymore even it was buried not to see it. I think it's taboo to remember.

Well not that problem, but what I remember was in a situation when I sold it just to gamble and in the end it all disappeared with the trigger of excessive stress levels. But for now I have moved on from that bitter event and returned to a good direction and am more confident about buying and buying btc which I will keep for the long term.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2023, 03:31:54 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2023, 12:20:01 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by ginsan (3), lizarder (1)

[edited out]
Sorry to explain off topic. Several times i have held more than 5 btc at the same time i sold it and at the same time i did not hold it long term. And only this time I realized that the decision to sell in the past was the worst decision I had ever made.  Maybe it's a bit stupid but that's my experience and I learned to go back to accumulate with DCA since I visited this thread and don't plan to sell again because I've learned from many mistakes that I've done in the past.

Thanks for the clarification.. and I doubt that you are completely off topic, especially since you had been saying that your strategy was to attempt to employ DCA in a kind of hybrid way.. which is buying BTC on dips... and you are also striving to mostly buy BTC and to ween yourself from the temptations of selling BTC during your accumulation phase and while you have some BTC accumulation levels in mind that you would like to achieve.

As I had mentioned, getting to 1 BTC over the past 7 years would have taken about $10 per week invested into BTC, and getting to 5 BTC would have therefore needed $50 per week - and so we can ONLY go from where we are at currently, and even in 2016 and many times thereafter, there were a lot of uncertainties in bitcoin, and a lot of folks sold bitcoin at various times that were too many BTC sold and too soon - and furthermore, they likely were both failing to acknowledge and appreciate bitcoin for what it really is and they were valuing their wealth in bitcoin dollars [edited... whoops!] and therefore misguided by needs to "lock-in fiat profits" which comes to bite them in the ass later on when they have way fewer bitcoin than they previously had and what they could have had, and they realize that they might not even be able to get to that previous level of BTC accumulation because they sold too many BTC too soon.

The fact of the matter with any of us is that we can ONLY attempt to figure out our BTC accumulation strategy from right now, and not from what we could have done and/or what we should have done in the past.

We are never going to really know whether we are correct in terms of Bitcoin's long term investment thesis or that it is going to continue to go up in value with the passage of time, but we can continue to attempt to make a bet that bitcoin seems to be amongst the best of asymmetric bets to the upside, and it might even be the best asymmetric bet to the upside, but it is surely not guaranteed to be.

Perhaps another one of the problems that people have in their investing into bitcoin strategies is that they over invest, and when the BTC price goes shooting up, they get nervous - especially when it comes shooting back down, so likely a more conservative (but still potentially aggressive) DCA strategy can work, and there can be ways to be more aggressive with both buying on dips and also with lump sum investing, while at the same time likely recognizing that it is likely not a good practice to sell with the purpose of buying more BTC at a lower price, and if you do sell BTC make sure that you ONLY sell when the BTC price is going up and that you sell a low enough amount that you are not going to be bothered if the BTC price ever goes down.

Part of the problems that people seem to have when they start to sell BTC on the way up is that they may well have not even accumulated enough BTC to actually be within a status that they really are prepared financially psychologically to sell the BTC that they have sold and to say forget about it, if the price never comes back down below the selling price.  Another thing is that if they knkow tha they are still in BTC accumulation mode then there can be questions regarding continuing to buy when the BTC price is going up or to pause buying in order to buy more when the price is going down or when the BTC price is flat... These are not easy dilemmas to resolve, and each of us has to figure out how to manage our own BTC accumulation strategies so that we are not causing situations in which we are not accumulating enough BTC and/or we have failed to actually sufficiently and adequately think through various upside and downside scenarios in order that we can attempt to follow somewhat of a preplanned strategy that allows us to recognize our goal of stacking sats and just persistently strive to make advancements in that direction, even if we might be making mistakes along the way too.. The longer that we are in bitcoin, then the more likely that many of us are making several mistakes along the way..

Hopefully, this time you are able to stay somewhat steadfast and focused on BTC as the prize and continue to persistently accumulate, even if sometimes the accumulation levels might be low and maybe even sometimes you are not able to accumulate until your cashflow returns to a higher level, and many of us likely face those kinds of problems too.. including that I frequently find myself going to shop (in a variety of different places, different cities and different types of goods (well food is a kind of basic) - and even in different countries), and it is fucking crazy regarding how much people are willing to pay for certain items that are available to them - and sure there can be neighborhood and city variance, but even going to different places it is still surprising to see how assertions of inflation are likely describing abilities to pay that seem like 20% or 50%, perhaps, but there are so many goods and services that seem to solidly increasing in price in the neighborhood of double or more... and even if they don't get you in one way, they get you in another way in terms of various charges for goods and services.. even some of the basics... salaries are not likely keeping up.. and many of us hope that at some point bitcoin will help to save us from some of the outrageousness in terms of prices of goods and services in fiat prices.

This thread has really helped a lot of us to understand bitcoin bitcoin is all about hodli and accumulating in your capacity,so that you might able to reach that fuck you status someday. DCA strategy is a good one.

Of course, having goals to reach fuck you status can be a real good thing, and it may well be possible for everyone to have that kind of a goal, but we also have to realize aspects of the reality that some folks might have very low levels of discretionary income, so they might not be able to put a lot into BTC, so for those guys they have to continue to realize that even if they do not reach fuck you status with their BTC investment, they are still likely going to be better off in 10 years to 20 years to 30 years.. as long as they continue to accumulate BTC (even if relatively small amounts) and do not get tricked out of their BTC or get tricked out of their BTC accumulation strategies with false presumptions that they will be able to accumulate BTC through selling BTC. which seems like it makes sense in theory.. but like you said Frankolala, attempting to accumulate BTC by selling BTC is very BIG gambling strategy without very good odds of actually beating a strategy that mostly focuses on BTC accumulation through various forms of buying it regularly, persistently and perhaps aggressively, without being overly aggressive in such a way that you are going to have to end up selling your BTC because you failed/refused to sufficiently/adequately plan your expenses, including your emergency expenses..

TLDR: Bitcoin likely gives more options, whether you actually reach fuck you status or not, especially if your investment timeline is 4-10 years or even much longer.

I think that each of us needs to consider ways in which we can avoid selling any bitcoin at a time that is not of our own choosing, and sure maybe there might be times in which we might need to shave off some BTC from our BTC holdings in order to make ends meet, but we should also be trying to plan our expenses (even emergency expenses) in such ways that we are able to draw from other funds rather than ONLY having BTC available to us for such emergency funds.. so likely if we end up having to draw too much into our BTC, then we likely have not structured our finances very well.. and we likely overinvested into BTC rather than making sure that we had our shit together, including sufficient and adequate levels of emergency funding sources for when shit hits the fan.. and shit always hits the fan, and it feels much better to be able to deal with it without having to sell much if any of our BTC.

I could also provide some personal examples of this, but hopefully, you get the point that I am making... which is don't be investing into bitcoin with money that you might need in the near future.. or even in 4-10 years or longer.. you have to attempt to structure your finances and your psychology in such a way that you are not tempted to sell much if any of your BTC except under conditions that you have personally already pre-established, such as once you are already at or near fuck you status or some other set of conditions that you might already understand to be within you BTC portfolio (and investment portfolio) management plans that might even allow you to sell some BTC on the way up in order to help you to better buttress you abilities to be able to better withstand long and hard BTC draw downs, if such long and hard BTC draw downs were to occur.

There are not really any problems to diversify out of some of your BTC in planned kinds of ways; however, at the same time, there are likely going to be needs to assess the extent to which BTC needs to be used for the various kinds of investments that you perceive to be important to your life or to persons within your circle.  There surely could be cases in which selling some BTC on the way up would be justified and also justified in such a way to diversify some of your investments out of BTC - especially also when your BTC holdings might have appreciated to very high percentages in terms of your overall investments that you hold.. and for those kinds of reasons, you perceive it to be better to draw from you BTC rather than drawing from other assets or income sources or credit that you might have available to you.

Ginsan take for instance that the price you sold those 5BTC of yours and compare it to assuming you left it to this very time,how much your bitcoin portfolio will worth.
I don't remember anymore even it was buried not to see it. I think it's taboo to remember.

It may or may not be necessary for you to figure out various exact particulars of your history - unless you might consider that there might be some lessons for you to figure out how to avoid (or lessen the likelihood or impact of)  some of the specific ways that you might have made mistakes.

But probably it is more important for you to make various plans in regards to future scenarios rather than looking backwards into particulars of mistakes that you likely already identified and likely are going to be correcting.

Of course, sometimes when you are attempting to figure out ways to proceed going forward, there might be some aspects in which you might figure out that you have certain inclinations, and you might want to consider some of your behaviors from the past when you are building some of your forward going plans.. and also you might realize that you may well be better off to have a larger fiat reserve level so that you are able to buy on dips or not to panic when the BTC price is going down and does not seem like it is ever going to stop going down... we all likely feel those kinds of discomforts when we see the BTC price correcting more than 50% or more than 70% and even sometimes greater correction levels than that...and then staying down for longer than we expect too. and with additional corrections when we had been tentatively considering that the bottom must be in or close to being in, and then it is not in.

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: