Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:14:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355599 times)
nikolaz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:08:08 PM

The first ones are due to ship at the end of this week, or next monday. I imagine we will see more details very soon as bitmain does the final assembly,testing, and shipment for all the units

Well I am hoping they will actually ship before 1st April, like by few days before :-) I just hope they will send me a t-shirt or something cos number of Bitcoins I have sent them is equal to GDP of a small country...

First Batch sold out in less than 24 hours... People started asking about Batch 2, after fews days that was sold out too... Now people are asking about Batch 3... People complain about pre-orders yet all of these companies are selling out in matter of hours or days...
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

The first ones are due to ship at the end of this week, or next monday. I imagine we will see more details very soon as bitmain does the final assembly,testing, and shipment for all the units

Well I am hoping they will actually ship before 1st April, like by few days before :-) I just hope they will send me a t-shirt or something cos number of Bitcoins I have sent them is equal to GDP of a small country...

First Batch sold out in less than 24 hours... People started asking about Batch 2, after fews days that was sold out too... Now people are asking about Batch 3... People complain about pre-orders yet all of these companies are selling out in matter of hours or days...
+1  I got in batch 2 but would not buy a batch 3 without seeing some proof of concept when batch 1 finally ships out.

hopefully 2 pre-sale batches are sufficient to fund a larger batch 3 that can be sold from stock - Im also crossing my fingers for some hefty overclocking potential if these chips are all running at ~2/3 the speed of the chips in an S1

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bcollan

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:10:24 PM

I'm sure there are many more people like me who want to see pictures and read reviews before buying.
I believe Bitmain to be trustworthy, but I'd rather keep buying a "known quantity" like the ant s1 until I can evaluate what real people are getting on S2 hash and power consumption. Bitcoin mining has enough risk to satisfy my adventurous side with trading for what's behind door number 2.  Roll Eyes
romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

I really hope Bitmain goes back to selling in stock hardware for the next batch of S2s. I really don't like this pre-order bullshit.

Ordering the S2 a month before it ships puts too much risk on the buyer due to difficulty and Bitcoin price fluctuations.

What happened to only selling in stock hardware, Bitmain?

I totally agree I hate preorder.

nikolaz

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

I really hope Bitmain goes back to selling in stock hardware for the next batch of S2s. I really don't like this pre-order bullshit.

Ordering the S2 a month before it ships puts too much risk on the buyer due to difficulty and Bitcoin price fluctuations.

What happened to only selling in stock hardware, Bitmain?

I totally agree I hate preorder.

Don't get me wrong guys, I hate to pre-order especially if I have to wait 2 - 6 months but Bitmain allowing pre-orders for less than a month before release which is better than waiting for Neptune, Mars or whatever it is called these days...

But once Batch 1 is released, I am sure someone will release their review / guide and other people will share their photos and experiences with the machine.

Also S2 will be cheaper by each batch... ( I hope  Roll Eyes )
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:18:27 PM

This isn't strictly a preorder as its more so to do with physical capacity. Every day those miners aren't mining costs them $$$, but to have in hand hardware in significant quantity they'd have to put them in a dedicated 500KW farm - but only for a few weeks. That just doesn't make sense.

Instead they're attaching buyers to them as they roll off the production lines of confirmed, known to be working architecture and hardware. A preorder is where you give someone money, they take a gamble with it and hope the outcome is what is expected.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

Might just buy one of these.... very tempted... Mind you I did just buy 3 more S1 ant miners hehehe.
nikolaz

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:00:05 PM

This isn't strictly a preorder as its more so to do with physical capacity. Every day those miners aren't mining costs them $$$, but to have in hand hardware in significant quantity they'd have to put them in a dedicated 500KW farm - but only for a few weeks. That just doesn't make sense.

Instead they're attaching buyers to them as they roll off the production lines of confirmed, known to be working architecture and hardware. A preorder is where you give someone money, they take a gamble with it and hope the outcome is what is expected.

Dogie, is there a plan for you to receive an S2 in advance to write a review and set-up guide?
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

... and the bonus with this 'pre-order' is; you know you're getting brand new equipment that hasn't already been mining in a farm for a couple of weeks  Cheesy

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:12:38 PM

I suspect...

S1 in stock because they are probably liquidating their old farm.

S2 on pre-order because that's what they are replace it with.

Simple  Wink

DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:47:17 PM

I suspect...

I agree ... I have received recent Ants that had been used ... removing the fans showed a lot of dust, and I had to clean them ... but they hash away and work fine, so I'm happy.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:54:09 PM

Dogie, is there a plan for you to receive an S2 in advance to write a review and set-up guide?
I'm not sure which batch my unit went into due to the payment issues. No point spamming them with emails at the moment so will just have to wait and see.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

I suspect...

I agree ... I have received recent Ants that had been used ... removing the fans showed a lot of dust, and I had to clean them ... but they hash away and work fine, so I'm happy.

grab an air duster can - youll be able to blow away all the dust and other crud with minimal work. Also works well from desktop/GPU/laptop systems to clear out the dust that accumulates over weeks or months (most of my gpu heatsinks released a small cloud of dust when blasted)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:10:46 AM

I suspect...

S2 on pre-order because that's what they are replace it with.

Simple  Wink

Why would they do that, its the same chips? If they wanted to replicate S2s they'd just underclock their S1s and push them closer together Tongue

romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:13:50 AM

I suspect...

grab an air duster can - youll be able to blow away all the dust and other crud with minimal work. Also works well from desktop/GPU/laptop systems to clear out the dust that accumulates over weeks or months (most of my gpu heatsinks released a small cloud of dust when blasted)

Think about it if u had a product that can basically print money wouldn't u use it until it was sold etc I can't blame them for that. Instead of them rotting on shelves.

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:21:04 AM

Hey Bitmain; can we have an idea as for when more Antminer S2 units will be available? It seems all S2 batches are sold out at the moment...
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:42:36 AM

Hey Bitmain; can we have an idea as for when more Antminer S2 units will be available? It seems all S2 batches are sold out at the moment...

They aren't comfortable doing pre-orders too far into the unknown future. Let them get the ones out they have sold now, get some on the shelf and build up some stock to avoid regressing into pre-order nightmare.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
hanti

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

i would like to have some s2 mini or something 400-500gh/s and 400-500W Wink

Maxcoin88

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:40:47 PM

Indeed , it would be really nice  Tongue Grin Wink

I am just wondering if anybody already received the S2, maybe people from the first batch? I managed to order in the second batch, just curious about the S2's design.

Oh and btw, BITMAIN support is hard working solving our problems. They replyed my emails and now my order has been sent to shipping  Cool
We have to be a little more patient.

Thanks BITMAIN for your time and work, I really appreciate.  Wink Smiley

Cheers.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:41:07 PM

^go out and buy a few antminers to undervolt.  1TH+ is necessary if you are serious about equipment that will run for 6months+

The S1 was 4.75BTC at first. now its less than 1/5th of that. The S2 will cost 1BTC in only a few months

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: