Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:56:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Livecoin.net Scam  (Read 13622 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5914

Meh.

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:44:20 PM
Merited by tranthidung (1)

But how do you know that you could not withdraw the MONA when you bought it?
lol, he was off

Que?
wallet was turned off

But how do you know it was turned off when you bought the mona? You said that once you figured out that you could not withdraw it had gone from 0.3BTC to 0.02BTC, if you knew that it was turned off once you bought it (which you claim), it seems quite stupid to just leave the coins there, no? Or was the price difference so huge on the buy/sell side when you bought it (without wondering why?) and you still thought it to be a good idea?

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
izooomrud (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 150

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:47:55 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

lol, he was off

Que?
wallet was turned off

But how do you know it was turned off when you bought the mona? You said that once you figured out that you could not withdraw it had gone from 0.3BTC to 0.02BTC, if you knew that it was turned off once you bought it (which you claim), it seems quite stupid to just leave the coins there, no? Or was the price difference so huge on the buy/sell side when you bought it (without wondering why?) and you still thought it to be a good idea?

I did not attach any importance to this, because every day some wallets go for maintenance

Your reasoning is rather strange and similar to the fact that the exchange can do anything, and the user must think about everything himself
Scheede

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:37:44 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2019, 06:58:58 PM by Scheede

lol, he was off

Que?
wallet was turned off

I did not attach any importance to this, because every day some wallets go for maintenance

Your reasoning is rather strange and similar to the fact that the exchange can do anything, and the user must think about everything himself

Well, actually from the bottom of crypto/blockchain/decentralisation- hearts, one of the key-aspects is to hand out full control (and thus responsibility) into our hands so that we do not need any middleman (e.g. banks) to take care for our hard earned money (f.e.).

I get the impression that those core fundamentals still did not arrive to the people´s minds (I include myself into that)

Don´t get me wrong I still don´t endorse their TOS and/or behaviour against customers, that´s on an other sheet of paper ofc.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 07:11:27 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 12:44:40 AM by wwzsocki
Merited by tranthidung (1)

... I was skeptical about being a member of their new campaign (was accepted but deleted my application after knowing that they've got the real reds from many users here)...
I did the exact same thing and after I was accepted to the new Livecoin campaign I have removed myself. Now the narrative will change because of the reasons.

I understand that you were afraid that Livecoin Manager will not pay because there was no confirmation from officials:
...ofc, no confirmation about the campaign from Livecoin's Officials...
and you thought that everybody is doing this only for the money:  
...it ends like that 'where there's a one week shout by the participants who didn't leave yet and they don't get paid a damn Satoshi out of it', their efforts to save livecoin 'just because they believe they are going to make some big fat amounts' will go waters...
There are more such comments in this thread, that we are doing this only for the money and this will kill our reputation (advertising obvious scam for incentive), which I can understand to some extent, but despite everything and obvious threats:  
...these guys are going to kill their chances of getting accepted in future campaigns of many managers for their behavior...
I decided to wear the Livecoin signature without incentive for 3 weeks, only to show my support and back up my claims. To be exact that was a month, taking into consideration a couple of days in first and the last week. After this time, I applied one more time and was accepted again.

I participated in the first edition of Livecoin campaign and was in opposition to the first flag created by Izormood. Commented a few times in the accusation threads to support Livecoin exchange and show my point of few. I keep using Livecoin exchange until today frequently and never had a single problem. The flag created by Izormood was removed and he got his account back. All the reasons for the flag dropped in my opinion. Additionally, this scam accusation should be taken as a support issue because only one very complicated case is not enough to call such a big exchange with thousands of happy customers a scam (in my opinion of course).

But this accusation case is all about opinions and point of view. In my opinion, Livecoin Exchange hasn't scammed Izoormod and that was a support issue which escalated too much.
I found multiple complains about all crypto exchanges. This is enough, to use Google and search for query: "name of exchange + scam". All biggest exchanges are accused, by random users across all available social media channels for multiple cases of abuse and obvious scam tactics. From failed KYC, blocked accounts by AML, to lost deposits and withdrawals, lost altcoins in a mysterious way, etc. I think I found all types of accusations possible.

I know that now I will hear the accusation about shady TOS regulations but all exchanges have such Terms of Service. Better or worse, they are hidden between complex industry specificities, to mislead users or put there in the hope, that they will not understand it completely or never read it in the first place. This Livecoin TOS are there from the very beginning and one has, to agree with them when signing up. In every wallet software where I have found and read the TOS, I have seen point stating "this is experimental software and the creators take no responsibility for losses which it could create" or something similar.

If you ask me "is Livecoin exchange safe to use?", I would answer: "just like any other not regulated exchange". If you ask me: "is Livecoin a scam?", I would answer: "just like any other not regulated exchange".

At the start of Bitcoin, there were only not regulated exchanges and Livecoin was one of them. So many are already dead but Livecoin is still operating and have thousands of happy clients every day.
One has to know how to stay safe on such not regulated exchange and I try to share this knowledge whenever I can on the forum. I create special threads and keep repeating that you can't hold coins there for 2 years and should always triple check everything. I think that this is exactly what we should do. Not to scare people off from an exchange because of this case, only educate them on how to stay safe there. If I am able to trade there, sometimes with significant amounts and stay safe, then everybody can. Or just use a regulated exchange, where you will be able to open a court case if something goes wrong. Don't use unregulated exchanges if you don't have enough knowledge about them or accept your losses. I always made an extended investigation, when I used any new regulated or not exchange and I am talking here about days of investigation, which ended always with multiple withdrawals, deposits, trades checks before I decided to trade there, with slightly higher amounts.

Despite flags and broken reputation, Livecoin granted OP access to his account and the possibility to withdraw coins so I wonder why the second flag?

The first flag was withdrawn because of mistake? Common another coincidence in this very suspicious case, which divided the community?

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:11:54 PM

I'm not a trader and I never hold coins on any exchange. If I need/want some coin I buy it and withdraw it ASAP.
It doesn't make exchange any less accountable.
PaintPS

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 03:43:04 AM

All the reasons for the flag dropped in my opinion. Additionally, this scam accusation should be taken as a support issue because only one very complicated case is not enough to call such a big exchange with thousands of happy customers a scam (in my opinion of course).
If this exchange is so good, then where are my Mona Coins?!!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159692.msg51919311#msg51919311
izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 05:04:17 AM

Despite flags and broken reputation, Livecoin granted OP access to his account and the possibility to withdraw coins so I wonder why the second flag?

The first flag was withdrawn because of mistake? Common another coincidence in this very suspicious case, which divided the community?

Realy?  Shocked They was give me possibility to withdraw my MONA coins? When? I do not know that
wwzsocki
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 07:00:45 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 08:00:08 AM by wwzsocki

Realy?  Shocked They was give me possibility to withdraw my MONA coins? When? I do not know that

From what I have read Livecoin granted you access to the account and possibility to do whatever you like with the Mona coins and other holdings.

...I received a message from the livecoin technical support service today with a statement that I can withdraw my funds within 48 hours, after which my account will be permanently blocked!...

But there were problems with the Mona chain and you were not able to withdraw. If you are telling the truth and I have understood it correctly of course.

...I withdrew all the funds that I were available, however there is an issue with Mona coins. Currently, 720 Mona coins remain on my account balance...

Additionally, Livecoin is still open to assist you and to your suggestions, despite they don't have to but try to do all what possible to resolve that support issue.

...Several solutions of this issue were offered by me to the exchange,  right now I am waiting for an answer...

That all quoted above are your words so what are you trying to imply me here?

...If this exchange is so good, then where are my Mona Coins?!!!!!...

Sorry, I don't know your case so I can't comment on your question or provide any useful answer. Just wanted to let you know.

izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 07:10:51 AM

From what I have read Livecoin granted you access to the account and possibility to do whatever you like with the Mona coins.

...I received a message from the livecoin technical support service today with a statement that I can withdraw my funds within 48 hours, after which my account will be permanently blocked!...

But there are problems with the Mona chain and you were not able to withdraw. If you are telling the truth and I have understood it correctly of course.

I would like to withdrawals, look at the status in the screenshot.

Why didn’t you show the full message?
Hello everyone, today I have good news for you and before I share my thoughts with you, I’d like to share some good news! I received a message from the livecoin technical support service today with a statement that I can withdraw my funds within 48 hours, after which my account will be permanently blocked!
I withdrew all the funds that I were available, however there is an issue with Mona coins. Currently, 720 Mona coins remain on my account balance. Several solutions of this issue were offered by me to the exchange, right now I am waiting for an answer.

it is you trying to imply me, i said what I can’t withdrawals, but you say that I can do whatever I want
wwzsocki
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 07:35:10 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 07:58:25 AM by wwzsocki

...Why didn’t you show the full message?...

Again, I don't understand what are you implying because I just quoted the whole sentence, only in three parts to make everything clear and to comment correctly.

I always try to be honest and never use such a shady practice, as to cut sentences in the quotes to change the meaning of your words. I have never done it before and will never do it in the future.

I stick to the facts and try to be polite and calm. I would advise you to do this same.

...Livecoin granted OP access to his account and the possibility to withdraw coins so I wonder why the second flag?

The first flag was withdrawn because of mistake? Please explain how? (edited quote)

If you can, please, answer my questions.

izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 10:43:00 AM

...Why didn’t you show the full message?...

Again, I don't understand what are you implying because I just quoted the whole sentence, only in three parts to make everything clear and to comment correctly.

I always try to be honest and never use such a shady practice, as to cut sentences in the quotes to change the meaning of your words. I have never done it before and will never do it in the future.

I stick to the facts and try to be polite and calm. I would advise you to do this same.

...Livecoin granted OP access to his account and the possibility to withdraw coins so I wonder why the second flag?

The first flag was withdrawn because of mistake? Please explain how? (edited quote)

If you can, please, answer my questions.

How can I talk calmly if they was blackmail me for a month, and then they stole my Mona coins?

I don’t understand what do you mean by saying “the flag was withdrawn”. What if he is acting like this because they stole mona coins from their users and now trying to steal monero?
OcTradism

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 11:17:00 AM

I don’t understand what do you mean by saying “the flag was withdrawn”. What if he is acting like this because they stole mona coins from their users and now trying to steal monero?
What did you imply by writing "steal Monero"? From what I read, Livecoin do provide days to withdraw Monero from their platforms. The case of Monero is totally different from Monacoin.
The said asset will be delisted on August 30 2019.
https://www.livecoin.net/en/news/view/304
Did you call Bittrex as a scam exchange by their KYC requirement and did not give customers time to withdraw money if they don't want to do KYCs on Bittrex?

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 11:34:20 AM

What did you imply by writing "steal Monero"? From what I read, Livecoin do provide days to withdraw Monero from their platforms. The case of Monero is totally different from Monacoin.
The said asset will be delisted on August 30 2019.
The withdrawals is closed, you can only sell at a price over 16 times lower than the market! The situation is similar to a mona coin!

They lost coins through their own fault, then traded on the air for more than a year, received commissions, and withdrawals were closed all this time. And when people began to resent, they delisted Monero. So it was with the coin mona
wwzsocki
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 11:50:57 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 12:16:16 PM by wwzsocki
Merited by Vadi2323 (1)

...What if he is acting like this because they stole mona coins from their users and now trying to steal monero?...

As I told you already, please, stick to the facts and answer questions.

Your case has nothing to do with monero and your English sometimes is good and another time is hard to understand what you are talking about.

Looks like two different persons.

...I don’t understand what do you mean by saying “the flag was withdrawn”...

The first flag was withdrawn but you told that this was made by mistake. So I asked you how this happened and why you created the second flag if Livecoin unblocked your account and is working with you to resolve this issue?

PS
Don't forget about other unanswered questions from members like @Hhampuz.

OcTradism

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 12:06:51 PM

What I asked you is about Monero. Why you judge them have intention to steal Monero coins from their users? Delisting without announcement? Don't allow withdrawals before delisting?
I don't dig in past story to see what happen with your Monacoin, but judged them scam by delisting Monero is unfair
10 days is not a good long period, but is not a short one. If exchange feel risks of further attacks, for known reasons, it is risky to let it opened to attackers for too long, imo.

Here, when forum ask 1 merit to become Junior member without pre-announcement. Bounty hunters likely lost their money from tokens in campaign they joined. Do you call that is a scam forum?

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:12:49 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2019, 12:27:09 AM by izooomrud

...What if he is acting like this because they stole mona coins from their users and now trying to steal monero?...

As I told you already, please stick to the facts and answer questions.

Your case has nothing to do with monero and your English sometimes is good and another time is hard to understand what you are talking about.

Looks like two different persons.

...I don’t understand what do you mean by saying “the flag was withdrawn”...

The first flag was withdrawn but you told that this was made by mistake. So I, ask you how this happened and why you created the second flag if Livecoin unblocked your account is working with you to resolve this issue?

Sorry, I'm trying to speak as accessible as possible. I do not understand what is at stake. There was never a second flag, he was always be alone. If you mean that I removed the support of my flag once, then it was some kind of mistake I already wrote about it. I apparently accidentally clicked to "cancel support", or something else, while studying the trust system, or browsing people's accounts who's support or opposite this flag.

the situation with mona is exactly the same, or prove the opposite
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:10:36 PM

Three days ago i decided to step out of Mona Coins with more than 50% of los. After logging into my account on the exchange, I saw a message about delisting and that I need to withdraw my coins and withdrawal function doesn’t work! Moreover, the price of coins in the exchange is below market price by more than four times!

I sent a message to the tech support, and they told me to talk about this problem with the developer. “Great”, was my first thought. They claim that coins were stolen from them during the attack on the blockchain, but how is that possible? They are saying that fake coins were deposited on their exchange, and real coins were withdrawn. Maybe that is possible, but this is bullshit, what kind of moron would do that? Let’s assume that I'm the person that attacks this exchange. I bought a large amount of hashing power to have an advantage in making a decision about which blocks would be included in the chain. I deny some kind of transaction and redirect it to the Livecoin (creating false chain), and then I'm moving these coins to my address. However, I need the real network to add this transaction into the block. In this case there is a risk that it will reject all the false chains that I have created previously with the withdrawals from the exchange. Therefore, no one will do that, everything that is ever been deposited will be sold for btc or any other high - profile asset and withdrawn later. This means, that the exchange should have the coins, but doesn’t want to give them away or they do not have the coins, but not because they were stolen.

I totally agree that the exchange is fully responsible for their users’ money and should be solely responsible to have a good security system in place. I do not consider statements that it’s the “developers fault” to be fair, because there was no network hacking, as the exchange claimed. There was a fraud, based on the specifics of its operations. According to the news, the total losses were $90000, and there is no information abut losses of the livecoin exchange. Let’s assume that $90000 is worth 8.57btc at this time. This amount is not high enough for the exchange to try and dump their fault on someone else.

So, why you’ve been selling “air” for over a year, if you knew that user’s coins were stolen? The turnover of this coin was 40btc in June, and you made 0.04btc. In the whole year you've made between 0.5 - 1 btc. It's if we were to believe that the coins were really stolen from you. What if you took advantage of this situation and bought coins from your users cheap, and then sold them on bittrex to cover up another issue you’ve had? I hope it s not true.

Please withdraw my coins or compensate me for their purchase price!

All the reasons for the flag dropped in my opinion. Additionally, this scam accusation should be taken as a support issue because only one very complicated case is not enough to call such a big exchange with thousands of happy customers a scam (in my opinion of course).
If this exchange is so good, then where are my Mona Coins?!!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5159692.msg51919311#msg51919311

Start a flag and maybe you will get support, apparently that is the only way.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
PaintPS

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Start a flag and maybe you will get support, apparently that is the only way.

Can this somehow help me when there are already 2 flags?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 06:33:44 AM

BTW I still don't consider them a "scam exchange," but at this point I would say they do have questionable ethics.

Even after their Monero scam?

The flag created by Izormood was removed and he got his account back. All the reasons for the flag dropped in my opinion. Additionally, this scam accusation should be taken as a support issue because only one very complicated case is not enough to call such a big exchange with thousands of happy customers a scam (in my opinion of course).

It hasn't been removed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=308

Signature space available for rent.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7952

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 06:49:58 AM

BTW I still don't consider them a "scam exchange," but at this point I would say they do have questionable ethics.

Even after their Monero scam?

Perhaps poor judgment on behalf of Livecoin to not attempt to better reimburse their affected customers, but not a scam. This issue has been rehashed several times already, I'm not going through it again.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: