Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366041 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:16:07 AM

When do you concider to start adding a lot of the SHA 256D coins as I see none on here and theirs a few pools with a lot of sha coins on but theri fees or stale rate is stupidly high.

Hope you can put together all the Sha256D in one place Smiley

iSpace is a good source for 256 mining.  Might check it out.
http://bet.ispace.co.uk/

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AntonUvarov

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:26:43 AM

When I join your pool have a lot stales.
http://rghost.ru/53145350/image.png
For comparison, the result of workers for another pool at the same settings
http://rghost.ru/53145335/image.png

And I see error if update workers
http://rghost.ru/53145944/image.png
Raptor2213

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:38:07 AM

When I join your pool have a lot stales.
http://rghost.ru/53145350/image.png
For comparison, the result of workers for another pool at the same settings
http://rghost.ru/53145335/image.png

And I see error if update workers
http://rghost.ru/53145944/image.png

I'm sure that part of the reason is that right now the total pool speed is one guy on a single overclocked Block Erupter - ~400 Mh/s

mycoin254

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:43:42 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 02:08:45 PM by mycoin254

IpoMiner - Keep up the good work.. the one thing I always liked about multipool was the fact it had somewhat up to date news and communication about what is going on.. keep that trend up.. the warning about cryptorush to your users is exactly the kind of communication miners need and is very helpful.. keep communicating and you will have happy "campers".. there are so many places that keep us in the dark.. it is nice to see some light once in awhile! It also builds trust and accountability...

Cheers!  Grin Grin Grin
kefir135

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:34:02 AM

Ipominer,

as you said previously, the pool is only mining a single coin for few hours, and also tries to maintain day-by-day profits.

So,
why are we minig ECC all the time ?
It's basically worthless.

Do you believe it will skyrocket or something ?
Turtleturtle

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:40:39 AM

I've been a big fan of multipool.us since I started and have now split my hashrate between there and ipominer.
Any chance of an EU server ?
multicoindc

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

Im still what I class as a newbie to crypto but have enjoyed using multipool.us over the past 3 months and its produced, from what I can see, good returns.

Ive moved my 1MH/s over to this pool to see whether I can get better returns. Nothing ventured nothing gained. From what Ive seen over on multipool, these guys know what they are doing and are in it for the long haul.

For anyone questioning how effect the switching policy is its worth taking a look at the consistency of multipool.us in outperforming all comers on cryptopros tests http://www.cryptopros.com/2014/03/multipool-vs-single-pool-doge.html is the latest.

The only minus for me with new coins is my current exchange hasnt got them listed and Im loathed to open yet another account.

somenormalguy

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:19:59 AM

Looks very interesting, watching
hashmage

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:04:30 PM

Ipominer,

as you said previously, the pool is only mining a single coin for few hours, and also tries to maintain day-by-day profits.

So,
why are we minig ECC all the time ?
It's basically worthless.

Do you believe it will skyrocket or something ?

you'd have to hop from coin to coin daily if you were just looking for a small profit margin. I believe that this is a smart coin to mine for the longer haul, i'd keep at least some hashpower on it for the next month. ipominer has looked into the coin I share their view. Don't just look into the current exchange price, this coin is one of the few you should hold onto for a bit longer.
ratty

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:46:58 PM

I feel like a cultist following a leader to the promised land. I'm gambling with a portion of my hash rate on this, it might pan out, but I consider this high risk. Yesterday wasn't great, but when we were on Spaincoin that was better than normal. I don't mean that to be mean, but unproven coins with low trade volume are riskier than normal multipools that pay out in BTC, and we should go into it like you would a higher risk investment.

I'm sure that part of the reason is that right now the total pool speed is one guy on a single overclocked Block Erupter - ~400 Mh/s

I take it you've never mined scrypt coins? Hash rates are 10x less than sha256 coins if you use a GPU, and are still in khash range for most GPUs.
https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison
Raptor2213

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

Are you familiar with scrypt?

I don't mine Scrypt.  Regardless, it's still a low speed.

Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:41:29 PM

Are you familiar with scrypt?

I don't mine Scrypt.  Regardless, it's still a low speed.

400MH/s is broadly equivalent to 650 AMD HD 7950 GPUs. It's not immense, but it's nothing to sneeze at either.

Frankly it's probably a good thing as, reading through the thread, it seems that so many miners are stuck in the "OMG must dump everything I'm mining right this minute for BTC!!!! But the rate NOW isn't awesome??? OMGWTFBBQ??!???" mindset. The last thing that new and promising coins need is a GH/s pool full of miners with the attention span of a goldfish. There's Wafflepool and CleverMining etc for that. Heaven forbid that one might consider what the value of a coin might be 2-3 weeks or even 2-3 months down the road. But it does explain why coins like MINT (very similar profile to ECC oddly enough) were getting dumped with abandon at 3-4 Sat right before it took off into the 50+ Sat range.

ratty

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:31:10 PM

Hang on there, no need to be so emotional.
Logically speaking, most altcoins spike up at first, then gradually go lower and lower. So there is a chance ECC will go down to less than a satoshi and get delisted, so that is why a lot of us dump out asap. Most coins I held after mining only went down in value, so its not rational to act like they all go up.
There is also a chance it will rise in value too, but it is still taking a risk, and people should go into it with that mindset. See my post 3 posts above this one, I don't feel like repeating it, but this doesn't have to be an all or nothing game, I put a lot of my hash rate on normal stable pools, and put a portion of it on this risky one, then I can hold onto the altcoins and hope they rise in value. Then I'm not risking everything on it. Just take a calm look at this and come up with whatever strategy works for you, no need to be pretentious.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

Let's break it down a bit, for those of you wondering why we're mining ECC:

The best current bid for ECC on CryptoRush is 2 satoshis, but there has been a lot of it being bought at 3 satoshis -- tens of millions in the past 24 hours. Look at the current buys vs sells at 3 and 2 satoshis to get an idea.. lots of demand to buy at 2, very little selling at 3 in comparison. That usually indicates the price will rise. At 3 satoshis, returns jump to 0.0087 btc/mh/day -- 33% higher than the ~0.0065 average returned by other multipools in the past 24 hours.

There is definitely a risk in mining ECC right now, but it is a very reasonable, calculated one we choose to make in search of higher than average returns. You are risking the loss of 12% on your day's mining returns as compared to one of the other multipools to possibly beat their returns by 33% (or far more if the price increases beyond 3 satoshis).

We don't regularly, actively mine coins that require 100% speculation; however, we do take risks like this (ECC) often, and I hope my explanation makes sense as to why we do it. This is the only way to earn higher returns, and it is why you should be mining with us.

Please note that if you mine with us, occasionally you *will* earn less than larger multipools on a given day; however, you will very often earn more... and sometimes earn *dramatically* more when a newer coin really takes off. Ask anyone who has mined with us since early February about their personal returns and you will hear a resoundingly positive response.

Also, on a bit of a side note -- PoW mining for ECC is limited to 45 days. There have been several coins recently with limited PoW timeframes that have done extremely well -- MintCoin and BlackCoin to name two. Demand tends to increase as you get closer to the PoW period ending. This is another factor of why ECC makes sense to mine even if it is slightly less profitable on an immediate basis.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

@AntonUvarov I haven't heard any issues of stales from anyone else mining with us.. most miners have reported far less stales than with other pools in fact. Where are you located / what's your ping latency to our stratum endpoint (pool.ipominer.com)? I suspect we will be opening an EU stratum and possibly US West as the pool's hashrate grows.

nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:47:24 PM

Let's break it down a bit, for those of you wondering why we're mining ECC:

The best current bid for ECC on CryptoRush is 2 satoshis, but there has been a lot of it being bought at 3 satoshis -- tens of millions in the past 24 hours. Look at the current buys vs sells at 3 and 2 satoshis to get an idea.. lots of demand to buy at 2, very little selling at 3 in comparison. That usually indicates the price will rise. At 3 satoshis, returns jump to 0.0087 btc/mh/day -- 33% higher than the ~0.0065 average returned by other multipools in the past 24 hours.

There is definitely a risk in mining ECC right now, but it is a very reasonable, calculated one we choose to make in search of higher than average returns. You are risking the loss of 12% on your day's mining returns as compared to one of the other multipools to possibly beat their returns by 33% (or far more if the price increases beyond 3 satoshis).

We don't regularly, actively mine coins that require 100% speculation; however, we do take risks like this (ECC) often, and I hope my explanation makes sense as to why we do it. This is the only way to earn higher returns, and it is why you should be mining with us.

Please note that if you mine with us, occasionally you *will* earn less than larger multipools on a given day; however, you will very often earn more... and sometimes earn *dramatically* more when a newer coin really takes off. Ask anyone who has mined with us since early February about their personal returns and you will hear a resoundingly positive response.

Also, on a bit of a side note -- PoW mining for ECC is limited to 45 days. There have been several coins recently with limited PoW timeframes that have done extremely well -- MintCoin and BlackCoin to name two. Demand tends to increase as you get closer to the PoW period ending. This is another factor of why ECC makes sense to mine even if it is slightly less profitable on an immediate basis.

Sound reasoning and exactly why my lil' ol' 4Mh are with you guys -- I was vetting coins myself for a while, and generally outperformed LTC or Middlecoin, etc. by quite a bit, but it took a LOT of time to watch for coins, download wallets, etc. etc.

Do you guys think you could drop a hint here and there when a selling price for a coin the pool has mined appears decent?
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

Site looks nice - I like the idea of having a place to go to try something new, even if speculative.  Like someone else posted, I tried to keep up with the new offerings until it got ridiculous.  Now I mostly limit myself to coin I can actual trade somewhere and has some hash rate behind it, since I have a few wallets with nowhere to trade them.  I appreciate the idea of someone keeping an eye out for new prospects with potential.

That brings me to a suggestion.  Could you post on your site somewhere (probably the FAQs tab) the main exchanges where your coins are listed and maybe a link to the 'home page' for the coins (or at least where the wallet can be found)?  You can be a 'one stop shop' for this category!  It would make it more attractive to potential miners.  Since you are already doing the research on the coins, you should have that info close at hand somewhere.

Cheers!
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

Definitely. Adding some basic information for coins like where they are exchanged and possibly the prices we assume are profitable to have mined them at are among the top items on my list of things to do. Thanks for the feedback and for mining with us!

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:07:00 PM

Hello
I am trying to mine using cgminer under Windows 7. I keep getting the message "Worker is temporarily banned" and not getting any credit for work. How can I fix this?

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:41:34 PM

Hello
I am trying to mine using cgminer under Windows 7. I keep getting the message "Worker is temporarily banned" and not getting any credit for work. How can I fix this?

I think I remember reading about this on Multi-pool. It went away after a short period iirc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: